Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shame on us 22:37 - Apr 3 with 17598 viewsITFC_Follower

I feel ashamed by those who have treated Mick so disgustingly even after they got what they wanted.

It really troubles me that we have sunk that low.

Mick has done a wonderful job over the last 5.5 years keeping us in this league when we were in real freefall when he joined.

It would be a real shame to think that all his hard work and efforts have been overshadowed by this horrible ugly behaviour of some of our fans.

He has been loyal to us dont forget! How many managers stay at a club for that long? He could have earned big big money getting all these parachute payment clubs back into the premier league but stuck with us. It is not as if he hasnt got respect in the game & do not forget he has a proven track record! Sadly though, he has not ever been known as a wizard and does not know how to sow money tree seeds but he has worked miricles for us if you really think about 2012/13.

I hope that there is some way that we can thank Mick and appreciate what he has done in difficult circumstances for this club.

What is done is done and he is leaving now so please can we be fair and show our appreciation?

We are bigger and better than this or at least I hope we are. We may think we deserve pretty football but we appear very ugly fans these days.

A further thought - If we get a reputation for this sort of behaviour we will become an unattractive prospect for any manager & no young upcoming manager will want to come to the club. We appear to be hurting our own clubs future now.

Shame on us on 22:38 - Apr 3 with 8415 viewsBackToRussia

What's happened?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Shame on us on 22:41 - Apr 3 with 8391 viewsFtnfwest

Statue asap
Shame on us on 22:42 - Apr 3 with 8363 viewsstuyarmouthblue

Couldn't agree more
Shame on us on 22:43 - Apr 3 with 8343 viewsLord_Lucan

I never understood your only other post either.

I have a task for you all.... by ITFC_Follower 18 Feb 2018 19:11
No money. 5 years to get to the Prem. No complaints about a chairman who has kept this club going.

Who is the manager to get you promoted?

Who are the players you will bring in?

You can use current players to sell to make funds for the players you want in.

I look forward to your answers championship manager experts :)

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Shame on us on 22:44 - Apr 3 with 8339 viewsipswich4life

Who are all these teams he turned down?he couldnt even get the barnsley job where hes a legend,he is the most arragont boring manager we have had,the sooner hes gone the better
Shame on us on 22:50 - Apr 3 with 8270 viewsITFC_Follower

Shame on us on 22:43 - Apr 3 by Lord_Lucan

I never understood your only other post either.

I have a task for you all.... by ITFC_Follower 18 Feb 2018 19:11
No money. 5 years to get to the Prem. No complaints about a chairman who has kept this club going.

Who is the manager to get you promoted?

Who are the players you will bring in?

You can use current players to sell to make funds for the players you want in.

I look forward to your answers championship manager experts :)

If you do not understand this one you are probably part of the problem.

The general message of this thread surely must make a little sense to you?

If not then maybe you would benifit from someone else reading it to you.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2018 22:51]
Shame on us on 22:52 - Apr 3 with 8254 viewsSomethingBlue

You will get hammered for this but there are certainly seeds of truth in it and it is also a fact that — whether we like it or not — the way the fans have turned on Mick here has raised an eyebrow or two in the game. For all the arguments for and against, and the fact that a change is what we now need, it's not a great look.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Shame on us on 22:55 - Apr 3 with 8223 viewsLord_Lucan

Shame on us on 22:50 - Apr 3 by ITFC_Follower

If you do not understand this one you are probably part of the problem.

The general message of this thread surely must make a little sense to you?

If not then maybe you would benifit from someone else reading it to you.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2018 22:51]

Is it something about us spending five glorious years under the forward thinking dynamic genius that is Mick McCarthy?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Login to get fewer ads

Shame on us on 22:56 - Apr 3 with 8213 viewsvapour_trail

Shame on us on 22:52 - Apr 3 by SomethingBlue

You will get hammered for this but there are certainly seeds of truth in it and it is also a fact that — whether we like it or not — the way the fans have turned on Mick here has raised an eyebrow or two in the game. For all the arguments for and against, and the fact that a change is what we now need, it's not a great look.

I liked your piece on mick.

But I think you boys in the press over egg this stuff. Money talks, and lots of managers have fallen out with fans. We’re a small club these days and this is very low profile stuff. Doubt it’ll have any impact on the wellbeing of the club.

The op has the feel of a budgie. We welcome budgies here, see ulla(and to a lesser extent, benters).

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Shame on us on 22:56 - Apr 3 with 8200 viewsITFC_Follower

Shame on us on 22:44 - Apr 3 by ipswich4life

Who are all these teams he turned down?he couldnt even get the barnsley job where hes a legend,he is the most arragont boring manager we have had,the sooner hes gone the better

...and Ipswich4life steams in and kills it within minutes...

Thats fine you must be addicted to this behaviour maybe you enjoy it maybe your in an uncontrollable loop of it. My worry for you is if we got who you wanted when you wanted and how you wanted, would you be able to find a problem with it even then.
Shame on us on 22:58 - Apr 3 with 8179 viewsDubtractor

Shame on us on 22:56 - Apr 3 by vapour_trail

But I think you boys in the press over egg this stuff. Money talks, and lots of managers have fallen out with fans. We’re a small club these days and this is very low profile stuff. Doubt it’ll have any impact on the wellbeing of the club.

The op has the feel of a budgie. We welcome budgies here, see ulla(and to a lesser extent, benters).

I think I agree with everything you have just written.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Shame on us on 22:59 - Apr 3 with 8176 viewsLord_Lucan

It's got Budgie all over it. Ipswich fans are a tolerant bunch but have reached the end of the line, Mick has left most of his clubs fans with a sour taste in their mouth.

Shame on us on 22:59 - Apr 3 with 8175 viewsPlums

Don’t be a drama queen. Everywhere Mick has been has ended like this. Ireland included and yet apparently the problem doesn’t lie with him.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Shame on us on 23:00 - Apr 3 with 8161 viewsITFC_Follower

Shame on us on 22:55 - Apr 3 by Lord_Lucan

Is it something about us spending five glorious years under the forward thinking dynamic genius that is Mick McCarthy?

Oh dear.
Shame on us on 23:01 - Apr 3 with 8157 viewsvapour_trail

Shame on us on 22:59 - Apr 3 by Plums

Don’t be a drama queen. Everywhere Mick has been has ended like this. Ireland included and yet apparently the problem doesn’t lie with him.

to be fair the problem at Ireland was back home walking his fecking dog into the ground.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2018 23:07]

Shame on us on 23:01 - Apr 3 with 8159 viewsSomethingBlue

You're probably right on the money side, it's just not especially nice when one hears a muttering or two, and people talk a hell of a lot. And you may actually be right about the OP too, although I'd say in slightly more restrained fashion that our supporters have behaved pretty depressingly at times recently.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Shame on us on 23:04 - Apr 3 with 8111 viewshenryblue

Telling our fans to f*ck off with no backlash? Mick's been given an unbelievably easy ride by this club. He would have been hounded out by other clubs long ago.
Shame on us on 23:04 - Apr 3 with 8106 viewsStNeotsBlue

Think you are over playing it there, MMc has had a fairly easy ride here, with the exception of the likes of Burton there isn't a club in the Championship where he would have got less grief.

He should have gone after the Lincoln game, but even the abuse he got there was pretty tame in comparison to what Duncan or McGiven got.
Shame on us on 23:05 - Apr 3 with 8105 viewsTrequartista

and again our lowest position in 58 years (potentially twice in a row on current form) has been airbrushed from history.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2018 23:05]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Shame on us on 23:05 - Apr 3 with 8094 viewsipswich4life

Shame on us on 22:56 - Apr 3 by ITFC_Follower

...and Ipswich4life steams in and kills it within minutes...

Thats fine you must be addicted to this behaviour maybe you enjoy it maybe your in an uncontrollable loop of it. My worry for you is if we got who you wanted when you wanted and how you wanted, would you be able to find a problem with it even then.

So who are the clubs he could have left for?
Shame on us on 23:05 - Apr 3 with 8089 viewsvapour_trail

Shame on us on 23:01 - Apr 3 by SomethingBlue

You're probably right on the money side, it's just not especially nice when one hears a muttering or two, and people talk a hell of a lot. And you may actually be right about the OP too, although I'd say in slightly more restrained fashion that our supporters have behaved pretty depressingly at times recently.

Two sides to it isn’t there.

I still have mick well on the credit side, but I say that as someone who watches non league football so I have less of a valid opinion than someone at FPR every other week.

There’s morons and dickheads in our fan base, like every other club. Imagine going to the away derby and singing against your own team!! From what I can tell the majority of our fans aren’t in that space and have treated MM with respect. Which is as it should be.

Shame on us on 23:06 - Apr 3 with 8077 viewsITFC_Follower

Feel of a budgie?

I half wonder if there are more of them on here than Ipswich fans. I have sat reading through the forum many times and thought that myself.

As for press I assume thats not me as I would hate to be one of those that write with a popularistic agenda. To do that i would have to be on the other side of the discussion.
Shame on us on 23:07 - Apr 3 with 8070 viewsfloridablue

I know i'm not over there spending my money attending games but honestly feel Mick's getting unwarranted stick/abuse from a minority vocal group of so called 'fans'. I watched the game here against the 'enemy' when Mick mouthed off to our 'fans' after getting verbal abuse and would probably have dished out the same response....cringeworthy!!!
Shame on us on 23:10 - Apr 3 with 8021 viewstractorboy1978

Shame on us on 23:01 - Apr 3 by SomethingBlue

There is a hell of a lot of misrepresentation of our fans views if you go beyond the local press and a lot of people that speak about the situation very much at face value without delving too deep at all. I would agree some fans haven't behaved very well at all - all clubs have these and I'd argue a lot of clubs have far more of them. With the owner we have in charge I'd wager that we'd be sitting looking at a new 2 year deal for MM if things hadn't gone downhill to the extent they have with the fans.
Shame on us on 23:11 - Apr 3 with 8010 viewsITFC_Follower

Shame on us on 23:05 - Apr 3 by Trequartista

and again our lowest position in 58 years (potentially twice in a row on current form) has been airbrushed from history.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2018 23:05]

Fine....i will remind you that 24th in 2012/13 would have been worse which was where we were most certainly heading.

You can understand that point surely?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024