Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shame on us 22:37 - Apr 3 with 17630 viewsITFC_Follower

I feel ashamed by those who have treated Mick so disgustingly even after they got what they wanted.

It really troubles me that we have sunk that low.

Mick has done a wonderful job over the last 5.5 years keeping us in this league when we were in real freefall when he joined.

It would be a real shame to think that all his hard work and efforts have been overshadowed by this horrible ugly behaviour of some of our fans.

He has been loyal to us dont forget! How many managers stay at a club for that long? He could have earned big big money getting all these parachute payment clubs back into the premier league but stuck with us. It is not as if he hasnt got respect in the game & do not forget he has a proven track record! Sadly though, he has not ever been known as a wizard and does not know how to sow money tree seeds but he has worked miricles for us if you really think about 2012/13.

I hope that there is some way that we can thank Mick and appreciate what he has done in difficult circumstances for this club.

What is done is done and he is leaving now so please can we be fair and show our appreciation?

We are bigger and better than this or at least I hope we are. We may think we deserve pretty football but we appear very ugly fans these days.

A further thought - If we get a reputation for this sort of behaviour we will become an unattractive prospect for any manager & no young upcoming manager will want to come to the club. We appear to be hurting our own clubs future now.

Shame on us on 23:11 - Apr 3 with 2203 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Shame on us on 22:44 - Apr 3 by ipswich4life

Who are all these teams he turned down?he couldnt even get the barnsley job where hes a legend,he is the most arragont boring manager we have had,the sooner hes gone the better

He’s not even the most arrogant manager we’ve had in the last 10 years

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Shame on us on 23:13 - Apr 3 with 2204 viewsTrequartista

Shame on us on 22:52 - Apr 3 by SomethingBlue

You will get hammered for this but there are certainly seeds of truth in it and it is also a fact that — whether we like it or not — the way the fans have turned on Mick here has raised an eyebrow or two in the game. For all the arguments for and against, and the fact that a change is what we now need, it's not a great look.

Glad we are raising eyebrows, I am sick of being patronised by the national press oh how dare little Ipswich expect to be as good as they used to be - all this while West Ham are rioting whilst several places clear of the premier league drop zone.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Shame on us on 23:14 - Apr 3 with 2198 viewsITFC_Follower

Shame on us on 23:04 - Apr 3 by henryblue

Telling our fans to f*ck off with no backlash? Mick's been given an unbelievably easy ride by this club. He would have been hounded out by other clubs long ago.

I read that in Johnson's voice & now it does'nt seem so bad :)
Shame on us on 23:15 - Apr 3 with 2193 viewsTrequartista

Shame on us on 23:11 - Apr 3 by ITFC_Follower

Fine....i will remind you that 24th in 2012/13 would have been worse which was where we were most certainly heading.

You can understand that point surely?

I hardly need reminding after McCarthy mentions about 5 times in every press conference. Paul Jewell also saved us from relegation, don't think he'll be getting a statue.

Shame on us on 23:16 - Apr 3 with 2193 viewsEly_Blue

Shame on us on 22:52 - Apr 3 by SomethingBlue

You will get hammered for this but there are certainly seeds of truth in it and it is also a fact that — whether we like it or not — the way the fans have turned on Mick here has raised an eyebrow or two in the game. For all the arguments for and against, and the fact that a change is what we now need, it's not a great look.

The reason the fans have turned is because face facts at any other club he would have been gone already by this stage in the season for our home performances alone since the start of the year, can you imagine half of the other clubs in the championship being so patient?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Shame on us on 23:16 - Apr 3 with 2193 viewsLord_Lucan

Shame on us on 23:04 - Apr 3 by StNeotsBlue

Think you are over playing it there, MMc has had a fairly easy ride here, with the exception of the likes of Burton there isn't a club in the Championship where he would have got less grief.

He should have gone after the Lincoln game, but even the abuse he got there was pretty tame in comparison to what Duncan or McGiven got.

I think Ipswich fans are getting a bad press on this thread and I agree he would have got more grief and sooner from most other clubs.

The fantastic Liverpool fans booed their team off the pitch a few years back when they only drew at home against West Ham - and went top.

Let's not mention Arsenal, West Ham, Man U and all those other clubs with super fans that are so loyal.

Let's not re write history and dig all our own fans out like this.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Shame on us on 23:16 - Apr 3 with 2188 viewsipswich4life

Shame on us on 23:11 - Apr 3 by The_Romford_Blue

He’s not even the most arrogant manager we’ve had in the last 10 years

He Worse then keano
Shame on us on 23:21 - Apr 3 with 2170 viewsITFC_Follower

Shame on us on 23:05 - Apr 3 by ipswich4life

So who are the clubs he could have left for?

Ok..

Middelborough - Could have done a job there
Hull - Could have done a job there
Villa - Could have done a Job there
QPR - Could have done a job there
Cardiff - Could have done a job there
Fulham - Could have done a job there
WBA - Could do a job there next season

He is a solid manager at this level and has got 2 clubs promoted previously.
Login to get fewer ads

Shame on us on 23:25 - Apr 3 with 2158 viewsvapour_trail

Shame on us on 23:16 - Apr 3 by Lord_Lucan

I think Ipswich fans are getting a bad press on this thread and I agree he would have got more grief and sooner from most other clubs.

The fantastic Liverpool fans booed their team off the pitch a few years back when they only drew at home against West Ham - and went top.

Let's not mention Arsenal, West Ham, Man U and all those other clubs with super fans that are so loyal.

Let's not re write history and dig all our own fans out like this.

I don’t think our fans in the whole are being dug out by many people. Mick has been afforded patience and understanding by most even when he’d got pretty abbrasive himself.

We do have some in the ranks who’ve behaved like complete imbeciles though. That’s to be expected though, all clubs have dickheads in their midst.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Shame on us on 23:26 - Apr 3 with 2155 viewsEly_Blue

Shame on us on 23:21 - Apr 3 by ITFC_Follower

Ok..

Get real!

He was never in the race for any of those jobs, I mean why not include the England job in there too while you are at it!

If you think that ANY of the teams you have listed were even remotely interested in having MM as manager while he was with us then I am afraid sir that you are even more deluded than your OP makes you out to be

Shame on us on 23:30 - Apr 3 with 2145 viewsITFC_Follower

Shame on us on 23:06 - Apr 3 by ITFC_Follower

Feel of a budgie?

I half wonder if there are more of them on here than Ipswich fans. I have sat reading through the forum many times and thought that myself.

As for press I assume thats not me as I would hate to be one of those that write with a popularistic agenda. To do that i would have to be on the other side of the discussion.

Going to have to add to this...because you do not agree with what someone posts they are a budgie???

The main point of the post is how shamefully we have acted and how ugly it all is. It is not someone from nofolk saying "ooo yess wallow in your misery Ipswich because I am getting a nice kick out of it"

I am not that sad trust me. I have written 2 threads on here the whole time because i am not the kind of person that gets a kick out of winding people up on the internet just because I have absolutely nothing else in my life to do.

I know football is all some people have in there lives and it is important for that reason because that might be all that keeps them going though their own private hell but there is more to life you know.
Shame on us on 23:31 - Apr 3 with 2142 viewsipswich4life

Shame on us on 23:21 - Apr 3 by ITFC_Follower

Ok..

I believe thats your opinion there was never any contact from them clubs,you say hes been loyal,well me has been more loyal most clubs would have pulled the trigger 2 years ago,mm has set this club back more then keane or pj ever did
Shame on us on 23:33 - Apr 3 with 2137 viewsLord_Lucan

Shame on us on 23:25 - Apr 3 by vapour_trail

I don’t think our fans in the whole are being dug out by many people. Mick has been afforded patience and understanding by most even when he’d got pretty abbrasive himself.

We do have some in the ranks who’ve behaved like complete imbeciles though. That’s to be expected though, all clubs have dickheads in their midst.

There isn't a club in the world that hasn't got some fans like that.

I remember when Jim Magilton was winning every game at home and there was a few boos after we drew one. I can remember some clowns always moaning about Delaney - and look what happened to him.

I can even remember fans getting on Wark, Brazil, Robson and Mills back. You are always going to get some like that but this is Silly Sleepy Suffolk we are talking about here.

The idea that Ipswich fans are some kind of gathering of Antichrists is unfair and off the mark.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Shame on us on 23:37 - Apr 3 with 2116 viewsvapour_trail

Shame on us on 23:33 - Apr 3 by Lord_Lucan

There isn't a club in the world that hasn't got some fans like that.

I remember when Jim Magilton was winning every game at home and there was a few boos after we drew one. I can remember some clowns always moaning about Delaney - and look what happened to him.

I can even remember fans getting on Wark, Brazil, Robson and Mills back. You are always going to get some like that but this is Silly Sleepy Suffolk we are talking about here.

The idea that Ipswich fans are some kind of gathering of Antichrists is unfair and off the mark.

The last bit though, is anybody really suggesting that? I really don’t think I’ve seen it. On here the vast majority have beeen respectful to mick and badly wanting an end to it all.

Shame on us on 23:38 - Apr 3 with 2108 viewsITFC_Follower

Shame on us on 23:26 - Apr 3 by Ely_Blue

Get real!

He was never in the race for any of those jobs, I mean why not include the England job in there too while you are at it!

If you think that ANY of the teams you have listed were even remotely interested in having MM as manager while he was with us then I am afraid sir that you are even more deluded than your OP makes you out to be

Jesus christ Ely_Blue!

If you want me to get real i suggest you do too and stop being so ridiculous.

The point i made about Mick being a target for clubs who want to get back in the prem is founded from REAL facts. I am not sure if you are a football person from those comments but Mick has got clubs promoted to the premier league already and got Ipswich to the playoffs on peanuts and buttons so if that doesnt give him a chance at a club that wants to get back to the premier league I dont know what will.
Shame on us on 23:40 - Apr 3 with 2102 viewsITFC_Follower

Shame on us on 23:15 - Apr 3 by Trequartista

I hardly need reminding after McCarthy mentions about 5 times in every press conference. Paul Jewell also saved us from relegation, don't think he'll be getting a statue.

oh yer Paul Jewel was doing fine in 2012/13 right you are.
Shame on us on 23:41 - Apr 3 with 2098 viewsLord_Lucan

Shame on us on 23:37 - Apr 3 by vapour_trail

The last bit though, is anybody really suggesting that? I really don’t think I’ve seen it. On here the vast majority have beeen respectful to mick and badly wanting an end to it all.

Well there is this thread for a start.

Shame on us on 23:41 - Apr 3 with 2093 viewsTrequartista

Shame on us on 23:40 - Apr 3 by ITFC_Follower

oh yer Paul Jewel was doing fine in 2012/13 right you are.

don't remember saying he was.

Shame on us on 23:43 - Apr 3 with 2086 viewsvapour_trail

Shame on us on 23:41 - Apr 3 by Lord_Lucan

Well there is this thread for a start.

Ha, there’s always one though isn’t there.

Shame on us on 23:45 - Apr 3 with 2082 viewsITFC_Follower

Shame on us on 23:31 - Apr 3 by ipswich4life

I believe thats your opinion there was never any contact from them clubs,you say hes been loyal,well me has been more loyal most clubs would have pulled the trigger 2 years ago,mm has set this club back more then keane or pj ever did

ok 2 points...

1. How do you know there was no contact from any of those clubs? If you respond "because if there was he would have gone" then my point is valid.

2. Paul Jewel left us 24th in the league.
Shame on us on 23:47 - Apr 3 with 2072 viewsEly_Blue

Shame on us on 23:38 - Apr 3 by ITFC_Follower

Jesus christ Ely_Blue!

If you want me to get real i suggest you do too and stop being so ridiculous.

The point i made about Mick being a target for clubs who want to get back in the prem is founded from REAL facts. I am not sure if you are a football person from those comments but Mick has got clubs promoted to the premier league already and got Ipswich to the playoffs on peanuts and buttons so if that doesnt give him a chance at a club that wants to get back to the premier league I dont know what will.

Show me the REAL facts that he was ever in the running for any of those jobs? He was never going to get any of them, you say he has a record for getting clubs promoted to the premier league....... I believe a certain Mr Jewell had a record for doing that too...... remind me of how that ended? MM has past his sell by date on getting clubs promoted, he was a victim of his own ego and negative “don’t lose at all costs” tactics.

Now tell me who needs to get real!

Shame on us on 23:50 - Apr 3 with 2064 viewsipswich4life

Shame on us on 23:45 - Apr 3 by ITFC_Follower

ok 2 points...

1. How do you know there was no contact from any of those clubs? If you respond "because if there was he would have gone" then my point is valid.

2. Paul Jewel left us 24th in the league.

1.how do you know there was?
2.we still had better attendances,the table can change after a few results
Shame on us on 23:51 - Apr 3 with 2055 viewsITFC_Follower

Shame on us on 23:47 - Apr 3 by Ely_Blue

Show me the REAL facts that he was ever in the running for any of those jobs? He was never going to get any of them, you say he has a record for getting clubs promoted to the premier league....... I believe a certain Mr Jewell had a record for doing that too...... remind me of how that ended? MM has past his sell by date on getting clubs promoted, he was a victim of his own ego and negative “don’t lose at all costs” tactics.

Now tell me who needs to get real!

I am inclinded to say that you still do because i have no real facts from you that he was not in the running for the jobs.
Shame on us on 23:56 - Apr 3 with 2034 viewsITFC_Follower

Shame on us on 23:50 - Apr 3 by ipswich4life

1.how do you know there was?
2.we still had better attendances,the table can change after a few results

oh right well i back down entirely then. League 1 with more fans is better I think you are saying? or with such wisdom that a few results alter the league table...I had absolutely no idea that could happen!
Shame on us on 23:59 - Apr 3 with 2024 viewsziggie

So you've made your own list of clubs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024