Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shame on us 22:37 - Apr 3 with 17639 viewsITFC_Follower

I feel ashamed by those who have treated Mick so disgustingly even after they got what they wanted.

It really troubles me that we have sunk that low.

Mick has done a wonderful job over the last 5.5 years keeping us in this league when we were in real freefall when he joined.

It would be a real shame to think that all his hard work and efforts have been overshadowed by this horrible ugly behaviour of some of our fans.

He has been loyal to us dont forget! How many managers stay at a club for that long? He could have earned big big money getting all these parachute payment clubs back into the premier league but stuck with us. It is not as if he hasnt got respect in the game & do not forget he has a proven track record! Sadly though, he has not ever been known as a wizard and does not know how to sow money tree seeds but he has worked miricles for us if you really think about 2012/13.

I hope that there is some way that we can thank Mick and appreciate what he has done in difficult circumstances for this club.

What is done is done and he is leaving now so please can we be fair and show our appreciation?

We are bigger and better than this or at least I hope we are. We may think we deserve pretty football but we appear very ugly fans these days.

A further thought - If we get a reputation for this sort of behaviour we will become an unattractive prospect for any manager & no young upcoming manager will want to come to the club. We appear to be hurting our own clubs future now.

Shame on us on 07:48 - Apr 4 with 2744 viewsSwn98

Whilst my sentiments are the same as yours he has been well paid for whatever success he has achieved and of course failures.
I think the abuse dealt out by a small number of idiots is very demeaning of our club unfortunately it's a sign of the times we live in.
Once again the fan base must reunite under the manager if we are going to achieve anything.
Shame on us on 07:52 - Apr 4 with 2723 viewsartsbossbeard

Shame on us on 00:04 - Apr 4 by ipswich4life

Pj did the right thing and stepped down,there was plenty of games to be played,and we was i belive only 7points adrift

Just the 7?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Shame on us on 09:37 - Apr 4 with 2688 viewsfactual_blue

Shame on us on 07:33 - Apr 4 by WadeyBlue

Please choose an option that best describes you:-

1. Between 10 and 15 years old
2. Knows nothing about football
3. Has never been to watch Ipswich at Portman Road
4. Believes everything tv pundits and ex pro footballers say
5. All of the above

??
[Post edited 4 Apr 2018 7:35]

6. He's your older brother.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Shame on us on 12:26 - Apr 4 with 2649 viewsITFC_Follower

Shame on us on 07:33 - Apr 4 by WadeyBlue

Please choose an option that best describes you:-

1. Between 10 and 15 years old
2. Knows nothing about football
3. Has never been to watch Ipswich at Portman Road
4. Believes everything tv pundits and ex pro footballers say
5. All of the above

??
[Post edited 4 Apr 2018 7:35]

I think that post may be more of a reflection of yourself.

Certainly have not held a season ticket, played on the Portman Road pitch on the day of a Premier League game , enjoyed some of the hospitality facilities sat in a box at Villa away & supported the club for 19 years nor won a signed shirt presented by a couple of our now ex-players nope no that did not happen at all.

I think i may therefore know at least a tiny something about football.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2018 12:31]
Shame on us on 13:01 - Apr 4 with 2625 viewsBadgerBajner

I understand the OP's point about fans booing the team/individual players and abusing MM. I would never do this or condone others doing it. It doesn't help the club. However, don't believe that these people are the sole culprits for MM going. The biggest insult to MM, overshadowing his efforts, are those thousands of fans who have stopped going to matches.

Think about it. In the past 5 seasons we have not been troubled with a relegation battle. We made the play offs, then finished 7th and were up at the top end of the table in with a shout of the play offs at the half way stage this season. And yet fans have stayed away. We have had 3 of our worst attendances this season in the past 25 years. It was reported that 9.5K went through the turnstiles to 1 game.

If 3K extra booing fans turned up to every home game, do you think MM would now be going? ME would probably say good numbers are still turning up, so carry on. And stubborn MM would probably love to tell us to do 1, I'm staying on.
Shame on us on 13:09 - Apr 4 with 2611 viewsbraveblue

What nonsense. A wonderful job for 5.5 years. Worst finish in 50 years - please explain!!
His behaviour is awful. Even last week he had a couple
of digs at the fans. He deserves everything he gets.
Shame on us on 13:11 - Apr 4 with 2605 viewsTJS

No shame on the supporters at all - sick and tired of our loyal fan base getting blamed.
Mick McCarthy has totally brought this on himself.
If he did not constantly slate his own supporters he would probably be staying.
What are the supporters meant to do ?
Sit in silence and applaud rubbish football week after week after week ?
Never question anything the owner or manager do ?
Any other club in this division would have sacked him last year.
Shame on us on 13:20 - Apr 4 with 2590 viewsJ2BLUE

The abuse has been unnecessary. The fact people decided his football wasn't entertaining or his tactics weren't right doesn't give people the right to abuse him.

I have to take issue with this bit:

'Mick has done a wonderful job'

No he hasn't. He's done a good job and I can certainly see why those who aren't as focussed on Town think he's done a wonderful job but he hasn't. He did brilliantly to keep us up and get us to play offs but in recent times he has cost us. He has sacrificed the cups (for what?) when people were crying out for some excitement. Worst of all he let our season die out of stubbornness. He had a risk free shot at building some real momentum and getting us right in the mix and he threw it away because that's not the way he does things. It was risk free. I don't feel he could have argued if he was sacked at the end of that week. We are a club who needs to take every opportunity and he was happy to let it pass us by. Evans should have sacked him there and then.

Overall he has done a good job with a lack of resources. He's a good manager but he's too stubborn and negative. The time is right for him to leave.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Shame on us on 13:28 - Apr 4 with 2582 viewsEireannach_gorm

Shame on us on 07:38 - Apr 4 by Plums

So the fans weren’t chanting ‘Keano’ during Mick’s final game in charge?

I'm sure there were fans chanting 'Keno' after the Sipan fiasco ( where Roy was completely out of order ) but much like at Ipswich , Mick had overachieved at WC2002.

Bit of Deja Vu here.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/republic_of_ireland/2406
Shame on us on 13:33 - Apr 4 with 2567 viewsvapour_trail

Shame on us on 13:28 - Apr 4 by Eireannach_gorm

I'm sure there were fans chanting 'Keno' after the Sipan fiasco ( where Roy was completely out of order ) but much like at Ipswich , Mick had overachieved at WC2002.

Bit of Deja Vu here.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/republic_of_ireland/2406

It’s still staggering that a captain would walk out on his team right on the eve of a World Cup. What a completely selfish action to take. Tosspot.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Shame on us on 13:45 - Apr 4 with 2558 viewsHennikerBlu

Didn't MM and ME agree not renew his contract now it is coming to an end?

Didn't MM say it was time to move on for himself?

I am sure if both thought it was right for him to stay, then he would regardless of the minority of fans.

As for the crowd, I have mentioned this on several threads now, a small section of the NS, maybe around 500+ fans have been having a go (unacceptable). However, no other stands or fans have sung in his defence by, for example, singing the Super MM chant. Their silence has been a thunderous, not to mention the noise from the empty seats.

Conversely, someone started a thread about our fans over celebrating scoring at the weekend. Really; and the Millwall fans just sat there and said 'jolly good goal old bean and politely applauded'.

As others have mentioned fans do at times turn, as they did the season '86-'87 marching through Ipswich High Street and Tavern Street to show their displeasure (cant remember the exact date).

Like most clubs, the fans that tend to show their displeasure are equally those that are likely to make the most noise and that is why it is important for us to unite to build a positive atmosphere at PR.

As for MM, and I am a fan, he does have form for this, worth watching the Red Mist BBC documentary, which I posted a link to. As someone said the only time "he has had to manage a truly world class player", look at the divide that caused at the time.

The bottom line is the world is full of opinions, but there is only one ITFC and football for me; is about positive raw emotions when its at its best.

Ipswich v Bolton 2000 Play Off semi anybody? Happy days full of raw emotions on and off the pitch!
Shame on us on 13:46 - Apr 4 with 2556 viewsrickw

I think Mick did a good job here, but should have left a year ago.
Last summer fans voted with their feet by not renewing season tickets hence we're having our lowest attendances in 20 years, however this wasn't loud enough for Marcus Evans to hear.

I think it's only the recent outcry and "disgusting behaviour" of some fans which has finally got through to Marcus Evans, if fans had carried on applauding the dull defensive football at matches then I believe Mick's contract would have been renewed.

I can appreciate you and many others not enjoying the toxic atmosphere in the stadium recently (I won't take my kids at the moment), but this wouldn't have happened if Evans would have taken the necessary action sooner...

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Shame on us on 13:53 - Apr 4 with 2550 viewschicoazul

SUQ

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Shame on us on 13:55 - Apr 4 with 2548 viewsHennikerBlu

Shame on us on 13:33 - Apr 4 by vapour_trail

It’s still staggering that a captain would walk out on his team right on the eve of a World Cup. What a completely selfish action to take. Tosspot.

Worth looking at the whole story, there is an impartial BBC documentary on it that I posted a link to. There were opportunities to have dealt with this behind closed doors and possibly two opportunities to have met half way. The Irish fans themselves, in the main, support Roy Keane.

Agree that Roy Keane should have in the first instance tried to solve it before walking, but that's what you get with players that are world class and have high standards or perhaps are highly strung, if they did not have that in their personality, they perhaps would not be the players they are.
Shame on us on 19:51 - Apr 4 with 2491 viewsEly_Blue

Shame on us on 00:14 - Apr 4 by ITFC_Follower

Ok well thats fine i can concede any difference of opinion tonight to everyone if you like so you can all go to bed proud and happy it does not bother me.

I hope that the likes of youselves are happier next year because it would be a great shame to see you moaning about whoever comes in next in the same manner.

I think you probably will still moan about any situation because i guess thats what you are here for what would you do if things were perfect? you would have to come on here and be happy and positive but that would not take up enough of your time i expect and then you would be in danger of having time to reflect on yourselves.

Let me set you straight on something, there are some of us on this board who can remember when ITFC was one of the best teams in the country, I was brought up on Robsons football, I have followed town through bad times after that under Lyall/Mcgiven when it turned carp, I remember the good times under Burley when we fought hard to get promotion and we played attractive football, I remember the days under Royle when we first had little money but we still tried to entertain, I remember the bad days under Keane, the sheer entertainment of Jewell at times not knowing if we could hold onto a 2-0 or 2-1 lead with 5 minutes to go against Reading! So yes I think I have a right to moan when I have had to put up with the dross that MM has served up for the last 18 months, he brings th players in, he chooses to play in the manner that he does so yes I will moan at that. When I pay for a season ticket is it too much to expect to be entertained?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Shame on us on 20:34 - Sep 23 with 1674 viewsITFC_Follower

Shame on us on 23:05 - Apr 3 by Trequartista

and again our lowest position in 58 years (potentially twice in a row on current form) has been airbrushed from history.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2018 23:05]

ahem
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024