Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why is McCarthy Still here? 19:18 - Apr 5 with 4334 viewsDublinBlue84

He doesn't have our best interests at heart because he is going anyway so surely he should just be put on gardening leaving just like anyone else would be?

We had the situation on the pitch where he is clearly turning the players against the fans by creating a them and us divide which obviously is not healthy for the club and that is the kind of thing is not what this club needs and it unfortunately seems that some of the players at least have bought into this.

We've now got players who are clearly unhappy at the current situation and seem like they may well be fully subscribed to this "them" and "us" vision that McCarthy has created which he then may be able to use to recruit these players in another job to the detriment of Ipswich Town FC.

The only thing that keeping McCarthy on is promotes disharmony, doubt, uncertainty and putting off key decisions that need to be made sooner rather than later and possible damage behind the scenes all whilst being run by a manager who probably doesn't really care about that season and is more concerned about planning his own next steps.

How that is healthy for this club I don't know - McCarthy should be kicked out right now and if ME has to stump up the cash to pay for it then so be it. The long term future of this club is far more important than avoiding having to pay out a sum in bulk rather than over the next couple of months.

I honestly worry we are going to be a laughing stock next year, the whole thing is a joke, a lame duck manager does nobody any good and will only make things worse, not better - this club needs a fresh start, but the longer this drags on the more damage I fear will be done for next seasons prospects.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Why is McCarthy Still here? on 19:19 - Apr 5 with 2764 viewsSwailsey

Go on.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Why is McCarthy Still here? on 19:19 - Apr 5 with 2768 viewsJ2BLUE

Get a grip mate. In one month and one day it will all be over. We might as well let him get on with it.

He is clearly going to continue to do the best job he can.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2018 19:25]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Why is McCarthy Still here? on 19:20 - Apr 5 with 2768 viewsSpruceMoose

I'll tell you what's making us a laughing stock and it's none of that stuff.

It's the massive amounts of cry babying and whining from a section of self entitled, overly sensitive fans.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2018 19:21]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Why is McCarthy Still here? on 19:21 - Apr 5 with 2752 viewsEireannach_gorm

Go back to the news comments area.
Why is McCarthy Still here? on 19:23 - Apr 5 with 2736 viewsDublinBlue84

Why is McCarthy Still here? on 19:19 - Apr 5 by J2BLUE

Get a grip mate. In one month and one day it will all be over. We might as well let him get on with it.

He is clearly going to continue to do the best job he can.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2018 19:25]

So you think the them and us culture is a good thing? Because I certainly don't believe it is and that is my biggest worry.

When you have a figure like McCarthy in the club who has attempted to create a divide, if he is soon to be leaving, surely the sooner he is out of there the better?

We'd be far better off with a caretaker for the rest of the season and try and bring everyone back together for the benefit of the club and heal scars and divides.

I just don't think the whole situation is healthy right now or what it achieves.

Why is McCarthy Still here? on 19:23 - Apr 5 with 2735 viewsHerbivore

My WhatsApp group is giving you pelters, bro.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Why is McCarthy Still here? on 19:24 - Apr 5 with 2737 viewsSteve_M

"he is clearly turning the players against the fans by creating a them and us divide"

Well the reaction of the players at the end of Monday's match, to say nothing of Chambers' fifteen fist pumps after the second goal, was one of mutual appreciation which should allay most of your fears here.

Are players unhappy or just disappointed that a manager a lot of them like is leaving? That's almost certainly the case with Jonas's interview today.

Mick is leaving in the Summer at the absolute latest so why is a few more weeks going to make a significant difference to the club. It's clear there isn't a manager lined up or they would have been appointed already. Why does that affect next season?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Why is McCarthy Still here? on 19:26 - Apr 5 with 2716 viewsSpruceMoose

Why is McCarthy Still here? on 19:23 - Apr 5 by DublinBlue84

So you think the them and us culture is a good thing? Because I certainly don't believe it is and that is my biggest worry.

When you have a figure like McCarthy in the club who has attempted to create a divide, if he is soon to be leaving, surely the sooner he is out of there the better?

We'd be far better off with a caretaker for the rest of the season and try and bring everyone back together for the benefit of the club and heal scars and divides.

I just don't think the whole situation is healthy right now or what it achieves.

If anything, it's a section of fans who have sought to cause a divide. Not just between McCarthy and the fans, but between the fans themselves. Now you've got what you wanted all along and you're STILL complaining.

It's pathetic.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Login to get fewer ads

Why is McCarthy Still here? on 19:26 - Apr 5 with 2709 viewsBloomBlue

But no need for a caretaker, Megson is available now as the permanent manager
Why is McCarthy Still here? on 19:27 - Apr 5 with 2705 viewsDublinBlue84

Why is McCarthy Still here? on 19:20 - Apr 5 by SpruceMoose

I'll tell you what's making us a laughing stock and it's none of that stuff.

It's the massive amounts of cry babying and whining from a section of self entitled, overly sensitive fans.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2018 19:21]

Indeed, your response is very similar to when I kicked off about Keane's appointment and I could told I was whining and acting like a crybaby as most of TWTD was in awe of him.

Still didn't change the fact he is a crap football manager mind even if some of you couldn't see it a mile off like some of us did!

Why is McCarthy Still here? on 19:28 - Apr 5 with 2703 viewsSpruceMoose

Why is McCarthy Still here? on 19:26 - Apr 5 by BloomBlue

But no need for a caretaker, Megson is available now as the permanent manager

Why is McCarthy Still here? on 19:29 - Apr 5 with 2701 viewsJ2BLUE

I think I made a comment a week or so ago but him creating a them vs us culture but I was wrong. If anyone is doing that it's the fans. We've got what we wanted. If we continue to push for him to go immediately we probably will make the players choose a side, at least in the short term and it will obviously be his.

I think we could mend some bridges with him if we wanted to. He keeps throwing us little bones in his press conferences but most don't pick up on them because they want to get upset about something. Lets have the last few games with a good atmosphere and end things on good terms with the best manager we've had since Joe Royle. It's time for him to go, no doubt, but it can and should end amicably.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Why is McCarthy Still here? on 19:30 - Apr 5 with 2696 viewsSpruceMoose

Why is McCarthy Still here? on 19:27 - Apr 5 by DublinBlue84

Indeed, your response is very similar to when I kicked off about Keane's appointment and I could told I was whining and acting like a crybaby as most of TWTD was in awe of him.

Still didn't change the fact he is a crap football manager mind even if some of you couldn't see it a mile off like some of us did!

So, you have a pattern of cry baby like behaviour? Thanks for clearing that up.

Why is McCarthy Still here? on 19:31 - Apr 5 with 2691 viewsSpruceMoose

Why is McCarthy Still here? on 19:29 - Apr 5 by J2BLUE

I think I made a comment a week or so ago but him creating a them vs us culture but I was wrong. If anyone is doing that it's the fans. We've got what we wanted. If we continue to push for him to go immediately we probably will make the players choose a side, at least in the short term and it will obviously be his.

I think we could mend some bridges with him if we wanted to. He keeps throwing us little bones in his press conferences but most don't pick up on them because they want to get upset about something. Lets have the last few games with a good atmosphere and end things on good terms with the best manager we've had since Joe Royle. It's time for him to go, no doubt, but it can and should end amicably.

Exactly. He said he loved the club and loved his time here in the press conference today. But do they pick up on that?

No. It's all "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HE COULDN'T REMEMBER DOWNES' NAME!!!"

Why is McCarthy Still here? on 19:32 - Apr 5 with 2690 viewsDublinBlue84

Why is McCarthy Still here? on 19:24 - Apr 5 by Steve_M

"he is clearly turning the players against the fans by creating a them and us divide"

Well the reaction of the players at the end of Monday's match, to say nothing of Chambers' fifteen fist pumps after the second goal, was one of mutual appreciation which should allay most of your fears here.

Are players unhappy or just disappointed that a manager a lot of them like is leaving? That's almost certainly the case with Jonas's interview today.

Mick is leaving in the Summer at the absolute latest so why is a few more weeks going to make a significant difference to the club. It's clear there isn't a manager lined up or they would have been appointed already. Why does that affect next season?

It's clearly not all of the players, but realistically we need to be all pulling in the same direction and I just don't feel that for the moment, I just don't think the them and us stuff, which is certainly there to some degree is healthy and just delaying the inevitable does nobody any favours

Ultimately we will see who is right in time and what happens, but it just doesn't sit well with me, I've seen first hand what happens in these situations in the past myself and right now the club has to come before Mick McCarthy and uniting everyone together and pulling in the same directions.

I just don't think that process can start whilst McCarthy is here, I'm not saying all the fans have been angels, but at the same time McCarthy hasn't helped himself and has been unable to resist digs at the fans when really he should have took a more conciliatory tone and his position may have been more tenable and maybe he might not be leaving at all.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2018 19:33]

Why is McCarthy Still here? on 19:33 - Apr 5 with 2686 viewsHerbivore

He's not creating a them and us culture at all. The atmosphere between players and fans at PR on Monday was very good and Mick had some very complimentary things to say about the support in his presser today and spoke warmly about his time here overall. The divide is a fiction created by the group of fans who, ironically, are more more divisive than Mick has ever been.

Why is McCarthy Still here? on 19:35 - Apr 5 with 2677 viewsSpruceMoose

Why is McCarthy Still here? on 19:33 - Apr 5 by Herbivore

He's not creating a them and us culture at all. The atmosphere between players and fans at PR on Monday was very good and Mick had some very complimentary things to say about the support in his presser today and spoke warmly about his time here overall. The divide is a fiction created by the group of fans who, ironically, are more more divisive than Mick has ever been.

I find the idea that a manager, who I don't know personally, could ever say anything that would make me act as wounded and as outraged as some on here hysterical.

If you're so easy to offend you must really struggle in day to day interactions.

You got what you wanted, quit blubbing.

Why is McCarthy Still here? on 19:36 - Apr 5 with 2673 viewsDublinBlue84

Why is McCarthy Still here? on 19:33 - Apr 5 by Herbivore

If you think the fans are solely to blame that's laughable. There are a group of fans who haven't helped things and have tried to create a divide, but to say it's all the fans fault about the divide is simply not the case as McCarthy has had a pop at a few people and some have had a pop at him and everyone has a role to play.

Why is McCarthy Still here? on 19:39 - Apr 5 with 2661 viewsDublinBlue84

Why is McCarthy Still here? on 19:35 - Apr 5 by SpruceMoose

I find the idea that a manager, who I don't know personally, could ever say anything that would make me act as wounded and as outraged as some on here hysterical.

If you're so easy to offend you must really struggle in day to day interactions.

You got what you wanted, quit blubbing.

Actually I just want to see better football and see the club do well.

That's the most important thing for me, but honestly I can't see that happening with MM at the helm as it's gone too far to be honest.

I don't struggle in day to day interactions at all actually, if only you knew my job :)

Why is McCarthy Still here? on 19:39 - Apr 5 with 2663 viewsSpruceMoose

Why is McCarthy Still here? on 19:36 - Apr 5 by DublinBlue84

If you think the fans are solely to blame that's laughable. There are a group of fans who haven't helped things and have tried to create a divide, but to say it's all the fans fault about the divide is simply not the case as McCarthy has had a pop at a few people and some have had a pop at him and everyone has a role to play.

They take it all so personally though. MM isn't talking to you directly. He doesn't know you exist. It's sad how some fans seem to think they are far more important than they really are. They get far too involved. The way some fans have conducted themselves is deranged.

Why is McCarthy Still here? on 19:42 - Apr 5 with 2653 viewsSpruceMoose

Why is McCarthy Still here? on 19:39 - Apr 5 by DublinBlue84

That's the most important thing for me, but honestly I can't see that happening with MM at the helm as it's gone too far to be honest.

I don't struggle in day to day interactions at all actually, if only you knew my job :)

Well now you're talking about something different. I don't think you'll find many at all who don't agree that it was time for Mick to move on. What we are discussing is why some fans are still having a tantrum and continuing to conduct themselves like spoiled brats.

Why is McCarthy Still here? on 19:49 - Apr 5 with 2634 viewsHerbivore

Why is McCarthy Still here? on 19:39 - Apr 5 by DublinBlue84

He's going in just over 4 weeks, mate.

Why is McCarthy Still here? on 19:51 - Apr 5 with 2625 viewsSpruceMoose

Why is McCarthy Still here? on 19:49 - Apr 5 by Herbivore

He's going in just over 4 weeks, mate.

Why is McCarthy Still here? on 19:58 - Apr 5 with 2601 viewsElto

Why is McCarthy Still here? on 19:42 - Apr 5 by SpruceMoose

Well now you're talking about something different. I don't think you'll find many at all who don't agree that it was time for Mick to move on. What we are discussing is why some fans are still having a tantrum and continuing to conduct themselves like spoiled brats.

I think the tantrums are down to Mick not being sacked. They have not got their pound of flesh and somehow think Mick is having the last laugh.
Why is McCarthy Still here? on 20:03 - Apr 5 with 2585 viewsSpruceMoose

Why is McCarthy Still here? on 19:58 - Apr 5 by Elto

I think the tantrums are down to Mick not being sacked. They have not got their pound of flesh and somehow think Mick is having the last laugh.

I agree. I said this a few days ago. For some people it's about revenge now. They had their poor little feelings hurt by the big bad man on TV saying stuff, and now they want retribution. Losers.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024