Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best London bars? 09:50 - Apr 6 with 5190 viewsBluefish

Making a night of it on Saturday. Where are your favourite London bars for a night out? Any hidden gems please?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Best London bars? on 09:56 - Apr 6 with 4351 viewsartsbossbeard

Back to central London after and a trip to City of Yorke, Holborn for me.

World's your lobster from there but I'm after tracking down again a tidy Polish bar I found last time out. I'd had a sherry or two so can't quite recall it's whereabouts but reasonably central.

Also, also, we managed to get into a secret bar just off Liverpool St the other night and it was ace. Not sure what it will be like on a Saturday (lads/footy traffic) so suspect we'll struggle to get back in but will give it a go.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Best London bars? on 10:01 - Apr 6 with 4333 viewsSteve_M

Best London bars? on 09:56 - Apr 6 by artsbossbeard

World's your lobster from there but I'm after tracking down again a tidy Polish bar I found last time out. I'd had a sherry or two so can't quite recall it's whereabouts but reasonably central.

Also, also, we managed to get into a secret bar just off Liverpool St the other night and it was ace. Not sure what it will be like on a Saturday (lads/footy traffic) so suspect we'll struggle to get back in but will give it a go.

This one?

https://www.facebook.com/barpolskilondon

When I used to work in Holborn an early round of vodkas in there on a Friday night would set things off....

Although if anyone ends up around Holborn then the Holborn Whippet is a must:

https://holbornwhippet.com/

And, err, The Griffin for those who like that sort of thing.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Best London bars? on 10:05 - Apr 6 with 4320 viewsartsbossbeard

Best London bars? on 10:01 - Apr 6 by Steve_M

This one?

When I used to work in Holborn an early round of vodkas in there on a Friday night would set things off....

Cheers Steve, that's the one! And The Whippet is indeed worth a visit too, forgot about that place.

I can't imagine what The Griffin is like on a match day evening..cough..

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Best London bars? on 10:05 - Apr 6 with 4316 viewsBluefish

This one?

I'll see you in the griffin Steve. Bring your pound coins

Best London bars? on 10:17 - Apr 6 with 4285 viewsITFC_Forever

The Tattersall Castle.... floating bar on the Thames on the Embankment opposite the London Eye, although it is better in the summer as a lot of seating is outside.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Best London bars? on 10:19 - Apr 6 with 4274 viewschicoazul

All Bar One or the Slug And Lettuce.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Best London bars? on 10:24 - Apr 6 with 4254 viewsMaySixth

What area are you planning on going to?

London is five distinct cities

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Best London bars? on 10:31 - Apr 6 with 4236 viewshampstead_blue

This one?

The Polish bar has been running for years.

First went there must be 16 years ago if not more.

That's when Vodka flumes of ice were the rage.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Login to get fewer ads

Best London bars? on 10:44 - Apr 6 with 4194 viewsLord_Lucan

Best London bars? on 09:56 - Apr 6 by artsbossbeard

City of Yorke is great but sells terrible beer. He could try The Cheshire Cheese on Fleet Street or The Bear and Staff Covent Garden. Maybe you should have narrowed the area down a bit.

Personally i like The Commercial Tavern on Commercial street.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Best London bars? on 10:47 - Apr 6 with 4180 viewsartsbossbeard

Best London bars? on 10:44 - Apr 6 by Lord_Lucan

City of Yorke is great but sells terrible beer. He could try The Cheshire Cheese on Fleet Street or The Bear and Staff Covent Garden. Maybe you should have narrowed the area down a bit.

Commercial Tavern is indeed a great shout and opens up the delights of Shoreditch for a quick hop back to Liverpool St.

Best London bars? on 10:53 - Apr 6 with 4160 viewsvapour_trail

Had one in there last night. Spent the rest of the evening up at the Ten Bells.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2018 11:16]

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Best London bars? on 11:05 - Apr 6 with 4132 viewsBlueinBrum

Gonna need to narrow it down a bit, which sort of areas are we talking?
Best London bars? on 11:40 - Apr 6 with 4074 viewsLord_Lucan

Best London bars? on 10:47 - Apr 6 by artsbossbeard

Commercial Tavern is indeed a great shout and opens up the delights of Shoreditch for a quick hop back to Liverpool St.

I’m not a huge Shorditch fan as you know but Sexy took me to a great bar once that I have never been able to find again. I also found a great old style pub there with Marlene but that seems to have disappeared, it’s probably a vegan cereal shop now.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Best London bars? on 11:57 - Apr 6 with 4049 viewsITFC_Forever

Best London bars? on 11:40 - Apr 6 by Lord_Lucan

I’m not a huge Shorditch fan as you know but Sexy took me to a great bar once that I have never been able to find again. I also found a great old style pub there with Marlene but that seems to have disappeared, it’s probably a vegan cereal shop now.

Browns?

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Best London bars? on 11:58 - Apr 6 with 4046 viewsBluefish

Best London bars? on 10:24 - Apr 6 by MaySixth

What area are you planning on going to?

London is five distinct cities

Staying in embankment area but I will happily drink anywhere until the early hours

Best London bars? on 11:59 - Apr 6 with 4040 views26_Paz

Brown's ;)

The Paz Man

Best London bars? on 12:01 - Apr 6 with 4028 viewsSteve_M

Best London bars? on 11:58 - Apr 6 by Bluefish

Staying in embankment area but I will happily drink anywhere until the early hours

This place is good then:

https://gordonswinebar.com/

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Best London bars? on 12:01 - Apr 6 with 4027 viewshatch

Best London bars? on 11:58 - Apr 6 by Bluefish

Just make sure you end up in Roadhouse, Covent Garden.
Best London bars? on 12:06 - Apr 6 with 4015 viewsLord_Lucan

Best London bars? on 11:57 - Apr 6 by ITFC_Forever

Browns?

No idea. The pub my mate took me in was a small bar playing House. The other bar was an old fashioned bar with a juke box and beer on the floor.

I’m not keen on trendy bars so I dislike shorditch. ABB is the polar opposite. He likes places with shiny things and lights. I prefer somewhere where you have a fair chance of being shot.

Best London bars? on 12:30 - Apr 6 with 3967 viewsDubtractor

Best London bars? on 12:01 - Apr 6 by Steve_M

This place is good then:

https://gordonswinebar.com/

I've been there! With a mate before the Fulham game a couple of years ago.

Re the OP, really need to narrow things down a bit re themes and areas.

I've spend loads of time in the Lockside Lounge in Camden from my DJ days and it is a great pub with a pretty varied clientele.

However I also really like the Black Heart in Camden which most of you on here would prob hate!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Best London bars? on 12:32 - Apr 6 with 3954 viewsThe_Tomonator

there is a great bar crawl through Wapping toward st kats dock,
Prospect of Whitby
grapes
captain kidd
the narrow
the dickens

Was there last week very well priced
Best London bars? on 12:42 - Apr 6 with 3905 viewsWeirdFishes

Dream Bags Jaguar Shoes.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Best London bars? on 12:42 - Apr 6 with 3905 viewsTractorWood

There's a nice restaurant near that called AbsurdBird.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Best London bars? on 13:28 - Apr 6 with 3820 viewsBluefish

Best London bars? on 12:30 - Apr 6 by Dubtractor

I've been there! With a mate before the Fulham game a couple of years ago.

Re the OP, really need to narrow things down a bit re themes and areas.

I've spend loads of time in the Lockside Lounge in Camden from my DJ days and it is a great pub with a pretty varied clientele.

However I also really like the Black Heart in Camden which most of you on here would prob hate!

I don't know what I want I was hoping You lot would know. We are not into music or dancing but like drinking and people and randomness. Already going to have had a fair few at the game but planning on a full night of drinking until the early hours. Something including either good beers and pretentious cocktails. Just fun or interesting is good with people having a laugh.

Best London bars? on 13:31 - Apr 6 with 3810 viewsLord_Lucan

Best London bars? on 13:28 - Apr 6 by Bluefish

I don't know what I want I was hoping You lot would know. We are not into music or dancing but like drinking and people and randomness. Already going to have had a fair few at the game but planning on a full night of drinking until the early hours. Something including either good beers and pretentious cocktails. Just fun or interesting is good with people having a laugh.

COMMERCIAL TAVERN.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024