Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Embarrassed to be a town fan today 18:36 - Apr 7 with 4881 viewsreusersfreekicks

The hate filled abuse aimed at our manager, largely by spotty twenty something's was disgusting. I am no great fan of his as a manager and think it is right for him to go but really? Town fans used to have more class and integrity but this new breed are utter morons. How do they think that helps the team? And the irony of them singing there's only one Bobby Robson when had they been around in his poor early spell they would have shouted abuse at him too. The herd mentality is pathetic to witness frankly.
Embarrassed to be a town fan today on 18:46 - Apr 7 with 4789 viewsblueprint

Well said. Absolute pr#ck behind me starting the chant on a regular basis. The bloke is off in the summer what more do they want.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2018 18:47]
Embarrassed to be a town fan today on 18:50 - Apr 7 with 4728 viewsSwn98

Embarrassed to be a town fan today on 18:46 - Apr 7 by blueprint

Well said. Absolute pr#ck behind me starting the chant on a regular basis. The bloke is off in the summer what more do they want.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2018 18:47]

They should be more worried whose going to replace him.
Embarrassed to be a town fan today on 19:46 - Apr 7 with 4487 viewsguildford_blue

posted something similar above. I left early (at 1-0) as I could not stand it anymore and my 8 year old lad just looked so fed up by the people in front of us, who were frankly d1cks. The people in our row upstairs could not have been more of a contrast, lovely people, collectively rolling their eyes at our modern day moronic support and supportive of the TEAM.
Embarrassed to be a town fan today on 19:47 - Apr 7 with 4459 viewsReuser_is_God

Sounds like today was an utter embarrassment.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Embarrassed to be a town fan today on 20:02 - Apr 7 with 4369 viewsnorth_stand77

This is despicable from them and embarrassing for all decent Ipswich supporters.

We don't need this brand of 'support'. Can't anything be done about them?

Whatever anyone thinks of Mick, or Knutson or anybody else, these comments are outrageous and unnecessary. We are losing our pride and dignity.

I went to the Norwich game and was embarrassed at the chanting from a 'minority'.

At Norwich of ALL places. I was cringing.
Embarrassed to be a town fan today on 20:26 - Apr 7 with 4244 viewsSitfcB

So glad I chose to sit upstairs this time round, it was definitely justified.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Embarrassed to be a town fan today on 20:30 - Apr 7 with 4198 viewsitfcjoe

Embarrassed to be a town fan today on 19:47 - Apr 7 by Reuser_is_God

Sounds like today was an utter embarrassment.

Was always going to be, was one of the reasons I didn't try and get a ticket this week when a couple of mates who live in London ended up keen to go when their plans changed.

Just have to see the FB group to see what was going to be happening today - people so proud to act as d1ckheads. - they'd have been more gutted had we played well and won today

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Embarrassed to be a town fan today on 20:32 - Apr 7 with 4192 viewsmeekreech

Embarrassed to be a town fan today on 18:50 - Apr 7 by Swn98

They should be more worried whose going to replace him.

Especially if the Dutch guy steijn is signed . He appears to be " ticking all the boxes " for the morons in our supporters but his record of 7 wins and 13 draws in 29 games scoring a grand total of 31 goals ! Some may think that this is excellent but does it inspire any confidence in his abilities especially in the championship !

Poll: who do you see as next manager ?

Login to get fewer ads

Embarrassed to be a town fan today on 20:38 - Apr 7 with 4143 viewsfooters

Wonder where all these 'ard cases are now, or where they crawl out from in the first place. It's one thing to act like a p1ssed up t0sser (let's face it, we've all done it) but you could at least be man enough to own up and (try to) defend yourself if you actually meant it.

I'm sure most of our dads told us much the same: be careful who you pick a fight with because there's always someone bigger and meaner than you. One of these days these 'fans' will find that person and sincerely regret it. Just a shame it hasn't happened yet.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Embarrassed to be a town fan today on 20:42 - Apr 7 with 4109 views3_5_2

there are perhaps a few reasons why Mick should go now and this is surely the main one
Whilst it may be a case of them "winning" so to speak, lets get Klug or someone like him as caretaker and give the young players some serious minutes Nothing to lose in that sense but this continuing divide between Mick and a section of the fans will only lose more fans who are sick of the whole thing

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Embarrassed to be a town fan today on 20:49 - Apr 7 with 4059 viewsmonty_radio

Embarrassed to be a town fan today on 20:32 - Apr 7 by meekreech

Especially if the Dutch guy steijn is signed . He appears to be " ticking all the boxes " for the morons in our supporters but his record of 7 wins and 13 draws in 29 games scoring a grand total of 31 goals ! Some may think that this is excellent but does it inspire any confidence in his abilities especially in the championship !

Doubt whether many of those chanting have even heard of Steijn, much less come on here and spelt his name correctly.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Embarrassed to be a town fan today on 21:03 - Apr 7 with 3981 viewsReuser_is_God

Embarrassed to be a town fan today on 20:30 - Apr 7 by itfcjoe

Was always going to be, was one of the reasons I didn't try and get a ticket this week when a couple of mates who live in London ended up keen to go when their plans changed.

Just have to see the FB group to see what was going to be happening today - people so proud to act as d1ckheads. - they'd have been more gutted had we played well and won today

I’m all for fans voicing their opinions negative or positive but there really is no point whatsoever in chanting anti McCarthy stuff now.

The funny thing is that he’s probably glad he’s still p1ssing then off. Had they just ignored him completely that would’ve hurt MM more.

Absolute idiots.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2018 21:03]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Embarrassed to be a town fan today on 21:10 - Apr 7 with 3947 viewsPopeadrian64

Embarrised full stop. I have tried to post since the game Hyam mouthing muck off to us fans at the end, what an arrogant sod, absolutly fuming about it...
Embarrassed to be a town fan today on 21:20 - Apr 7 with 3885 viewsBluebell

Embarrassed to be a town fan today on 20:26 - Apr 7 by SitfcB

So glad I chose to sit upstairs this time round, it was definitely justified.

Where did you go in the second half Sitters? You disappeared.

I wondered if you had sneaked in downstairs.
Embarrassed to be a town fan today on 21:24 - Apr 7 with 3861 viewsBaltachaFanClub

Some of these so called fans had a go at my mate and his 10 year old son (my godson) all my mate asked was for them to stop mindlessly shouting the C word as it was unnecessary

They spent the 2nd half digging at him, I was close to doing something but instead took his picture to shame on Twitter.

this is not a football forum, its a forum for people who occasionally mention football. Current cheese mood - Blacksticks Blue
Poll: What happens more in the average week ?
Blog: It's Not R*********, It's the Promise of an Adventure

Embarrassed to be a town fan today on 21:27 - Apr 7 with 3848 viewshaughleyblue74

I dared to answer a post on ITFC Suffolk blues to a "weve got our Ipswich back" post that I was concerned with the wrong appointment we would go down and had a women tell me I should meet her in Mannings to sort it out and I wasn't a true fan as I don't come from the town or something like that , I had village idiot, prick, chicken plucker, a childish c**t, fat old baldy and a few others thrown in my direction, to be fair I was annoyed I allowed myself to get drawn into it but is this what it has come to? sad times I get less abuse working in Norfolk !!
Embarrassed to be a town fan today on 21:28 - Apr 7 with 3840 views3_5_2

Embarrassed to be a town fan today on 20:32 - Apr 7 by meekreech

I don't know much about him but it appears just surviving in that division on a tiny budget has got people talking. Has no money to buy players so promotes youth development and has unearthed some gems it seems.

Unless ME finds the combination to his war chest, this may be the kind of manager we need / will get
[Post edited 7 Apr 2018 21:28]

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Embarrassed to be a town fan today on 21:47 - Apr 7 with 3745 viewsmonytowbray

Odd you say 20 somethings, as the people I saw doing it from the left side of the stand were all well into their 50s.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Embarrassed to be a town fan today on 21:47 - Apr 7 with 3742 viewstractorshark

Totally agree. Embarrassing and unnecessary.
I can live with ‘cheerio’ chants and ‘Get out of our club’ but the personal abuse just before half time was at best pathetic and at worst vile.
Whatever you think of McCarthy, he didn’t deserve that. And remember it was 0-0 at the time.
When it was announced he was leaving, I thought there would be some reconciliation and recognition over the last few weeks for his achievements at the club.
Instead we’ve got a toxic situation that no one wants and doesn’t help the team.
McCarthy hasn’t helped himself with his comments but I find it ironic that the same fans who act the hardman take such offence when he calls them a name.
I want change, McCarthy has run his race, but heaven help the new manager if he doesn’t live up to the unrealistic expectations of some of our support.
Today should have been a good laugh, a decent away day in London.
Instead, it was poor – on and off the pitch.
Embarrassed to be a town fan today on 21:50 - Apr 7 with 3719 viewsSitfcB

Embarrassed to be a town fan today on 21:20 - Apr 7 by Bluebell

Where did you go in the second half Sitters? You disappeared.

I wondered if you had sneaked in downstairs.

We tried to stand at the back of the stand but the stewards were having none of it. Was cramped where we were originally and managed to find some more seats down the other end.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024