Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Love, hate, like or just tolerated McCarthy... 19:23 - Apr 7 with 2597 viewsGodBlue

Whatever your opinion of Mick, his football and how he’s been treated in recent months, I see absolutely no positives in him being expected to see his contract out. Not a single one.

For the sake of the (relatively) few quid it would cost to promote someone to be caretaker for a few weeks, just put the poor guy out of his misery, Marcus!

Sure, you could argue it’s *only* five games, but if it’s only going to create more apathy and negativity, from the fans and Mick alike, how does it possibly make sense to let it even go on for one more game?

Just put him on gardening leave, or whatever it needs to be, and let everyone start to move on!
[Post edited 7 Apr 2018 19:54]

Poll: After 778 days, what’s improved since Paul Lambert arrived?

Love, hate, like or just tolerated McCarthy... on 19:26 - Apr 7 with 2561 viewsNthsuffolkblue

At the same time, there is no point and absolutely no positives to any fan continuing to give him abuse.

1 It sullies us as a club for others to see such "support".
2 It increases his resolve to beat us should he ever come back as an opposing manager.

Hate him and his tactics that much, just stay at home until next season or sit silently through the boredom if you feel you must attend every match.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Love, hate, like or just tolerated McCarthy... on 19:41 - Apr 7 with 2484 viewsGodBlue

Love, hate, like or just tolerated McCarthy... on 19:26 - Apr 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

At the same time, there is no point and absolutely no positives to any fan continuing to give him abuse.

2 It increases his resolve to beat us should he ever come back as an opposing manager.

Hate him and his tactics that much, just stay at home until next season or sit silently through the boredom if you feel you must attend every match.

I agree completely, but at this point Marcus is making a rod for his (or the club’s) own back.

I honestly see your points, but at the same time surely the last thing Evans should want right now is to encourage even more of them to stay away?

I’m just not sure what good he’s expecting to come from leaving things as they are. It’s bonkers.

Poll: After 778 days, what’s improved since Paul Lambert arrived?

Love, hate, like or just tolerated McCarthy... on 19:44 - Apr 7 with 2475 viewsBlueBadger

Love, hate, like or just tolerated McCarthy... on 19:26 - Apr 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

The other thing that it could do is push one or two players who are undecided about staying or going, like say, Knudsen into going.
i wonder how many who were teetering on staying decided to go at the end of the 01/02 season after the disgraceful crowd chanting at home to Wimbledon?
[Post edited 7 Apr 2018 19:50]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Love, hate, like or just tolerated McCarthy... on 19:45 - Apr 7 with 2467 viewsGeoffSentence

Mick could voluntarily take a back seat and give TC or Alan Lee or someone else a chance to show what they can do.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Love, hate, like or just tolerated McCarthy... on 20:15 - Apr 7 with 2374 viewsLeoMuff

Love, hate, like or just tolerated McCarthy... on 19:45 - Apr 7 by GeoffSentence

Mick could voluntarily take a back seat and give TC or Alan Lee or someone else a chance to show what they can do.

that Is never going to happen, his pride is at stake here. ME needs to act, I can’t see any club in the top 2 division carrying on like this.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Love, hate, like or just tolerated McCarthy... on 20:38 - Apr 7 with 2306 viewsDarth_Koont

I see positives in him seeing his contract out — a few in fact.

Firstly he's leaving. What more is there to say other than him going this minute or at the end of the season shouldn't make any practical difference.

Secondly, he's leaving by mutual consent. We've nothing left to play for beyond going about the job professionally but that's as good a way as any to end his time here. At the very least, he's done a decent job and delivered on many criteria throughout his time here. Results and entertainment haven't been what they could be but all in all he's been a positive during his stay.

Thirdly, Mick, TC and the squad are pretty tightly bound. I'm really not sure a caretaker will give the positive ending people think. Nothing says the season's over like a meaningless temporary manager filling a gap until the real one comes along.

Fourthly, it's helping us see that we have to get our own house in order as fans. He's leaving and still we have a sizeable proportion hell-bent on fighting with the manager and team (as they've done on several occasions this season). What are the chances our next manager gets their self-righteous abuse unless we get off to a flyer next season? Maybe we have been patient but now starting our 16th year in this division we look like we're more than capable of shooting ourselves in the foot and spiralling out of control. It would be nice if the numbskulls weren't setting the agenda from here on.

Pronouns: He/Him

Love, hate, like or just tolerated McCarthy... on 20:46 - Apr 7 with 2264 views3_5_2

if he goes to a Championship club you can lump on loads on his team turning us over. Regardless of who our manager is

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Love, hate, like or just tolerated McCarthy... on 22:09 - Apr 7 with 2157 viewsMelford

Love, hate, like or just tolerated McCarthy... on 20:46 - Apr 7 by 3_5_2

if he goes to a Championship club you can lump on loads on his team turning us over. Regardless of who our manager is

He'll have a team next season where Neil Warnock's team are this season. To a WBA, Wednesday or Forest with a bit of money to spend. I'd put money on it.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Login to get fewer ads

Love, hate, like or just tolerated McCarthy... on 05:36 - Apr 8 with 2028 viewsBenters2

He should have gone straight away when the news came through.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024