Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I would rather be a Numbskull than a cünt 23:53 - Apr 7 with 8293 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Great song lads. Added to my enjoyment no end.

Edit. For clarification I’m being sarcastic. Total bells the lot of you.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 0:04]

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

I would rather be a Numbskull than a cünt on 00:44 - Apr 8 with 7187 viewsBlueBadger

Ironically enough, the people singing that song are actually both.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I would rather be a Numbskull than a cünt on 00:52 - Apr 8 with 7187 viewsSuperfrans

It’s the main thing I have an issue with Mick about. By even referring to them, in any way at all, he’s given them the attention they crave. If he had just ignored them, maybe even killed them with kindness (“what great fans we have, every single one of them, they obviously care deeply about the club” etc etc), he wouldn’t have stoked things up quite as much as he has.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

I would rather be a Numbskull than a cünt on 01:09 - Apr 8 with 7154 viewsRyorry

I would rather be a Numbskull than a cünt on 00:52 - Apr 8 by Superfrans

It’s the main thing I have an issue with Mick about. By even referring to them, in any way at all, he’s given them the attention they crave. If he had just ignored them, maybe even killed them with kindness (“what great fans we have, every single one of them, they obviously care deeply about the club” etc etc), he wouldn’t have stoked things up quite as much as he has.

Agree. Absolutely despicable though the behaviour of a minority of our followers was today, I'm afraid MM rather made a rod for his own back when he engaged with them a while back on the name-calling level. Once someone rises to the bait, a downward spiral of tit for tat negativity is always the most likely outcome - a bit like social media spats (including on here! ).

For a professional football manager, fans' anger goes with the territory, & the only way to keep going is to remain professional, keep your dignity, & rise above it.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I would rather be a Numbskull than a cünt on 01:15 - Apr 8 with 7132 viewsSuperfrans

I would rather be a Numbskull than a cünt on 01:09 - Apr 8 by Ryorry

Agree. Absolutely despicable though the behaviour of a minority of our followers was today, I'm afraid MM rather made a rod for his own back when he engaged with them a while back on the name-calling level. Once someone rises to the bait, a downward spiral of tit for tat negativity is always the most likely outcome - a bit like social media spats (including on here! ).

For a professional football manager, fans' anger goes with the territory, & the only way to keep going is to remain professional, keep your dignity, & rise above it.

True. But, to be clear, this wouldn’t justify what apparently happened today. I just think he could have handled it better.

The worry next is that, having got their own way in these circumstances, what if these morons go against the next manager?

I genuinely, 100%, would rather have attendances of sub-10,000 and be in league 1 than have these morons supporting this club.

I would rather be a Numbskull than a cünt on 01:31 - Apr 8 with 7101 viewsRyorry

I would rather be a Numbskull than a cünt on 01:15 - Apr 8 by Superfrans

True. But, to be clear, this wouldn’t justify what apparently happened today. I just think he could have handled it better.

The worry next is that, having got their own way in these circumstances, what if these morons go against the next manager?

I genuinely, 100%, would rather have attendances of sub-10,000 and be in league 1 than have these morons supporting this club.

No no, I'm not trying to justify that behaviour by a minority of our fans today at all, nor any abuse of/booing at our players - bang out of order.

I think it unlikely that such a situation would arise again - not least because I can't think of any other manager who would react as MM has done. And before anyone mentions it - yes I do remember SBR's "zombie" comments, & one or two other digs by other managers at other clubs - but they were one-offs, not sustained spats.

I would rather be a Numbskull than a cünt on 01:35 - Apr 8 with 7099 viewsBlueBadger

I would rather be a Numbskull than a cünt on 01:31 - Apr 8 by Ryorry

No no, I'm not trying to justify that behaviour by a minority of our fans today at all, nor any abuse of/booing at our players - bang out of order.

I think it unlikely that such a situation would arise again - not least because I can't think of any other manager who would react as MM has done. And before anyone mentions it - yes I do remember SBR's "zombie" comments, & one or two other digs by other managers at other clubs - but they were one-offs, not sustained spats.

I dunno, Keane had a fair few digs and it it was largely lapped up by the same dickheads with the words 'well said Roy' who are now piously bleating about he Nasty Things Mick Said About them.

It's not a particularly clever thing for a football manager to do, but the preciousness and hypocrisy annoys me intensely.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 1:41]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

I would rather be a Numbskull than a cünt on 01:37 - Apr 8 with 7086 viewsSuperfrans

I would rather be a Numbskull than a cünt on 01:31 - Apr 8 by Ryorry

I hope you’re right and this is a one-off with this manager. If we end up with someone who divides the fans (like McLaren, for instance), I really do worry...

I would rather be a Numbskull than a cünt on 01:40 - Apr 8 with 7080 viewsBlueBadger

I would rather be a Numbskull than a cünt on 01:37 - Apr 8 by Superfrans

I hope you’re right and this is a one-off with this manager. If we end up with someone who divides the fans (like McLaren, for instance), I really do worry...

Trouble is, there is, bar maybe, MAYBE Mowbray(and even then, he's the most imaginative of an unimaginative bunch) there is literally no-one out there who could place anyone. Unless there's a genius geneticist out here who could recreate Sir Bobby or Sir Alf.

And even then, Sir Bobby getting grumpy about supine fans or Sir elf's rather pragmatic style would probably still cause issues...

Login to get fewer ads

I would rather be a Numbskull than a cünt on 01:55 - Apr 8 with 7047 viewsRyorry

I would rather be a Numbskull than a cünt on 01:40 - Apr 8 by BlueBadger

Trouble is, there is, bar maybe, MAYBE Mowbray(and even then, he's the most imaginative of an unimaginative bunch) there is literally no-one out there who could place anyone. Unless there's a genius geneticist out here who could recreate Sir Bobby or Sir Alf.

And even then, Sir Bobby getting grumpy about supine fans or Sir elf's rather pragmatic style would probably still cause issues...

We need a Burley MkII from the lower leagues - someone who's gained some experience and would be attracted by the opportunity to resurrect a "famous old reputation" such as ours; who is young & forward-thinking enough to link with Klug & be able to carry through a long term plan. That would bring the added bonus of increasing the likelihood of Klug staying - something which is an additional furrow in my brow atm.

Dunno who exactly tho! Any ideas?

I would rather be a Numbskull than a cünt on 02:14 - Apr 8 with 7028 viewsmos

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

I would rather be a Numbskull than a cünt on 08:00 - Apr 8 with 6752 viewsconnorscontract

I would rather be a Numbskull than a cünt on 01:55 - Apr 8 by Ryorry

We need a Burley MkII from the lower leagues - someone who's gained some experience and would be attracted by the opportunity to resurrect a "famous old reputation" such as ours; who is young & forward-thinking enough to link with Klug & be able to carry through a long term plan. That would bring the added bonus of increasing the likelihood of Klug staying - something which is an additional furrow in my brow atm.

Dunno who exactly tho! Any ideas?

If Matt Holland had spent the past two or three seasons at Southend doing a good job then he would fit the bill perfectly. But he hasn't.

So if you mean "a highly regarded former player who has done a good job" then you have the pick of Frank Yallop or Tony Mowbray, or Taricco moving up to manager from Assistant.

So, of those, Mowbray is the best fit.

Burley as caretaker would have been better than the slow death we are currently going through. Even Butcher or Mills as caretaker would probably have been better...
I would rather be a Numbskull than a cünt on 09:00 - Apr 8 with 6508 viewsPJH

I would rather be a Numbskull than a cünt on 00:44 - Apr 8 by BlueBadger

Ironically enough, the people singing that song are actually both.

and also apparently proud of being both.
I would rather be a Numbskull than a cünt on 09:03 - Apr 8 with 6501 viewsPlums

I would rather be a Numbskull than a cünt on 01:35 - Apr 8 by BlueBadger

I dunno, Keane had a fair few digs and it it was largely lapped up by the same dickheads with the words 'well said Roy' who are now piously bleating about he Nasty Things Mick Said About them.

It's not a particularly clever thing for a football manager to do, but the preciousness and hypocrisy annoys me intensely.

I imagine this lot were actually still in nappies when Keane was here.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

I would rather be a Numbskull than a cünt on 09:06 - Apr 8 with 6491 viewsgrimboy

I would rather be a Numbskull than a cünt on 01:35 - Apr 8 by BlueBadger

Why do you constantly call Town fans nasty names all the time on this Town message board there is no need to be so bitter and it’s like you have a nasty chip on your shoulder you constantly moaning about people you never ifrarely say nice things at all.
I don’t know you at all but I would say you are very sad being with little or no friends at all especially if you speak to people like you do on here why don’t you try and show some respect to fellow Town fans after all I doubt you know people on here personally to be able to jokingly call them names.
Just an observation try not to take offence but be nice.
What are you talking about? on 09:21 - Apr 8 with 6384 viewsDyland

I would rather be a Numbskull than a cünt on 09:06 - Apr 8 by grimboy

Why do you constantly call Town fans nasty names all the time on this Town message board there is no need to be so bitter and it’s like you have a nasty chip on your shoulder you constantly moaning about people you never ifrarely say nice things at all.
I don’t know you at all but I would say you are very sad being with little or no friends at all especially if you speak to people like you do on here why don’t you try and show some respect to fellow Town fans after all I doubt you know people on here personally to be able to jokingly call them names.
Just an observation try not to take offence but be nice.

So it's okay for these people to abuse and swear as much as they like, but not okay for other fans to call them dickheads?

#beyondsnowflake

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

What are you talking about? on 09:26 - Apr 8 with 6351 viewsgrimboy

What are you talking about? on 09:21 - Apr 8 by Dyland

So it's okay for these people to abuse and swear as much as they like, but not okay for other fans to call them dickheads?

#beyondsnowflake

I have read this board a lot before join8ng the message board and B.B. has always insulted fans before MM fell out with fans I just wondered why he has always found the need to verbally abuse them when unnecessary.
What are you talking about? on 09:35 - Apr 8 with 6304 viewsDyland

What are you talking about? on 09:26 - Apr 8 by grimboy

I have read this board a lot before join8ng the message board and B.B. has always insulted fans before MM fell out with fans I just wondered why he has always found the need to verbally abuse them when unnecessary.

Are you actually being serious? Badgers is not abusive. If you think him calling unnamed fans who do actually verbally abuse the manager and players at games dickheads, is abusive, then I don't know where to go. If you think that's abusive or out of order you're beyond snowflake, sorry.

How about calling out people who are actually being verbally abusive at games to the detriment of the team? They're worse than the away supporters. Or is that okay because McCarthy called you are numbskull?

I wouldn't know if Badgers was verbally abusive or not as I've never met him.

What are you talking about? on 09:48 - Apr 8 with 6244 viewsgrimboy

What are you talking about? on 09:35 - Apr 8 by Dyland

Are you actually being serious? Badgers is not abusive. If you think him calling unnamed fans who do actually verbally abuse the manager and players at games dickheads, is abusive, then I don't know where to go. If you think that's abusive or out of order you're beyond snowflake, sorry.

How about calling out people who are actually being verbally abusive at games to the detriment of the team? They're worse than the away supporters. Or is that okay because McCarthy called you are numbskull?

So if I called you a dickhead it’s not abuse?are you his brother?
Not calling out nobody just making an observation and highlighting the fact that he more often abuses fans on here, he might do that to fans faces although I should imagine it’s unlikely unless he is walking around with a couple of black eyes all the time.
What are you talking about? on 09:54 - Apr 8 with 6199 viewsDyland

What are you talking about? on 09:48 - Apr 8 by grimboy

So if I called you a dickhead it’s not abuse?are you his brother?
Not calling out nobody just making an observation and highlighting the fact that he more often abuses fans on here, he might do that to fans faces although I should imagine it’s unlikely unless he is walking around with a couple of black eyes all the time.

Right, it's not verbal abuse. That's often a criminal offence.

If he was my brother do you think maybe I would have met him once or twice?

You calling me a dickhead on here would indeed be personal abuse. But I most likely wouldn't be offended. This is my point Grimmers. You seem to be offended by a stranger calling a whole group of unnamed people dickheads for, well er, acting like dickheads.

And the point stands. If you think Badgers is being abusive you're very, very sensitive sweetcheeks.

What are you talking about? on 10:11 - Apr 8 with 6137 viewsgrimboy

What are you talking about? on 09:54 - Apr 8 by Dyland

Right, it's not verbal abuse. That's often a criminal offence.

If he was my brother do you think maybe I would have met him once or twice?

You calling me a dickhead on here would indeed be personal abuse. But I most likely wouldn't be offended. This is my point Grimmers. You seem to be offended by a stranger calling a whole group of unnamed people dickheads for, well er, acting like dickheads.

And the point stands. If you think Badgers is being abusive you're very, very sensitive sweetcheeks.

I will have to disagree on this matter and he needs to thank you personally for fighting his corner so to speak but I have some things to do today and must get on by the I never called you a dickhead just used it as an example.
What are you talking about? on 10:14 - Apr 8 with 6120 viewsDyland

What are you talking about? on 10:11 - Apr 8 by grimboy

I will have to disagree on this matter and he needs to thank you personally for fighting his corner so to speak but I have some things to do today and must get on by the I never called you a dickhead just used it as an example.

I know you didn't call me a dickhead. You're being a bit defensive and sensitive. No axe to grind dear boy. Have a good day.

What are you talking about? on 10:14 - Apr 8 with 6118 viewsBenters2

What are you talking about? on 09:26 - Apr 8 by grimboy

It makes him feel good.
I would rather be a Numbskull than a cünt on 10:15 - Apr 8 with 6112 viewsHerbivore

I would rather be a Numbskull than a cünt on 01:15 - Apr 8 by Superfrans

The majority of the numbskulls don't go to most games, they tend to show up for London away days and the derby and that's about it. They're not real Ipswich fans.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What are you talking about? on 10:19 - Apr 8 with 6094 viewscrunchie1978

What are you talking about? on 09:35 - Apr 8 by Dyland

I'll call out someone who was verbally abusive at a game.
Mick McCarthy Norwich away.
I would rather be a Numbskull than a cünt on 10:20 - Apr 8 with 6088 viewsGuthrum

I would rather be a Numbskull than a cünt on 08:00 - Apr 8 by connorscontract

If Matt Holland had spent the past two or three seasons at Southend doing a good job then he would fit the bill perfectly. But he hasn't.

So if you mean "a highly regarded former player who has done a good job" then you have the pick of Frank Yallop or Tony Mowbray, or Taricco moving up to manager from Assistant.

So, of those, Mowbray is the best fit.

Burley as caretaker would have been better than the slow death we are currently going through. Even Butcher or Mills as caretaker would probably have been better...

Especially as the chances of Barnsley making up 16 points plus a massive goal difference on us in six games is practically nil (the bottom two can't catch us at all). Nothing really to lose.

The only damage it is likely to do would be a £0.5m or so hit on the club finances (payoffs to McCarthy, Connor and other departures, plus wages for the new men).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024