Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My last town game.... 11:48 - Apr 8 with 6892 viewsMuswellblue

I think yesterday was the last time I’ll watch Town. I genuinely love the club and have done since my first game in 1989, after travelling to last weeks non event at Birmingham I was excited about the prospect of yesterday’s game and although I felt it would be tough game I woke up very much looking forward to the occasion.
However, after politely suggesting that people stopped signing anti Mick songs ( a: because he’s already going and b: it was hardly going to galvanise the players ), I was subjected to a series of abuse that lasted almost the whole first half and well into the second. Not only as I physically threatened, I had to witness a good friend be shoved about, whilst also being warned about my safety post match where I was assured something bad would happen.
Now whilst I love the Town, I really can’t see myself going to a game again. The prospect of being associated with the supporters I encountered yesterday and enjoying the same moments of celebration as them no longer appeals to me.
My last town game.... on 11:53 - Apr 8 with 6819 viewsSomethingBlue

Sorry to hear that. I don't think it is actually just about Town fans, it is a symptom of a deeply unhappy undercurrent in society that is getting worse at a fair rate. No excusing the kind of thing that is being described from yesterday though; there are certainly people who shouldn't attend another Town game again and you are not one of them.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

My last town game.... on 11:53 - Apr 8 with 6815 viewsBluebell

Don't let a few morons put you off.

That is the first time I have witnessed anything like that and can't see it happening again. Most of them were drunk, (probably drugged) up idiots and it was a London game.

I am female and will never be stopped from going to watch the team I love.
My last town game.... on 12:03 - Apr 8 with 6723 viewsBrixtonBlue

Yesterday's shenanigans was noteworthy because it's relatively rare. I've never seen it that bad, even at London games. Don't let them tw@s win, the majority of ITFC supporters are decent people like you and I.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

My last town game.... on 12:07 - Apr 8 with 6689 viewsSuperfrans

My last town game.... on 12:03 - Apr 8 by BrixtonBlue

Yesterday's shenanigans was noteworthy because it's relatively rare. I've never seen it that bad, even at London games. Don't let them tw@s win, the majority of ITFC supporters are decent people like you and I.

I wasn’t there yesterday, but it has been getting steadily worse. QPR a couple of years back, Burton this year, and most of the derby matches in recent years, either home or away. I haven’t personally been threatened, but th atmosphere has become so bad at times that I’ve thought twice about going to certain games.

I’m going to renew my season ticket, but I am going to pick and choose away games according to my expectation of the attendance of the numbskulls.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

My last town game.... on 12:08 - Apr 8 with 6684 viewsHerbivore

My last town game.... on 11:53 - Apr 8 by SomethingBlue

Sorry to hear that. I don't think it is actually just about Town fans, it is a symptom of a deeply unhappy undercurrent in society that is getting worse at a fair rate. No excusing the kind of thing that is being described from yesterday though; there are certainly people who shouldn't attend another Town game again and you are not one of them.

Indeed. If you look at those who tend to condone the kind of behaviour on show yesterday they're the type of people who also spew hate and bile on a range of other subjects. I imagine the ones at the game yesterday think the FLA are top lads. It's a symptom of a general nastiness that is becoming more prevalent in society generally, but it really is making watching Town a rather unpleasant experience.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

My last town game.... on 12:14 - Apr 8 with 6634 viewsJ2BLUE

Don't stop going mate. You're not associated with them at all. They are widely considered to be total scum and we shouldn't allow them to drive the actual supporters away. Every fan has the ability to influence the way we're seen as a club by supporting the team or acting like a total d1ck. We need more supporters, less idiots.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

My last town game.... on 12:24 - Apr 8 with 6569 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I’m sorry you had to be subjected to that.

The treatment you got for asking why they had to chant that stuff is exactly why I didn’t react to them. They want confrontation. Pathetic.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

My last town game.... on 12:40 - Apr 8 with 6486 viewsSwn98

My last town game.... on 12:07 - Apr 8 by Superfrans

I wasn’t there yesterday, but it has been getting steadily worse. QPR a couple of years back, Burton this year, and most of the derby matches in recent years, either home or away. I haven’t personally been threatened, but th atmosphere has become so bad at times that I’ve thought twice about going to certain games.

I’m going to renew my season ticket, but I am going to pick and choose away games according to my expectation of the attendance of the numbskulls.

I am of the same opinion as you however it's come to something when you can't go to matches because of your own supporters perhaps the club should be getting involved in weeding the numbskulls out.
Login to get fewer ads

My last town game.... on 12:56 - Apr 8 with 6393 viewsMullet

Plenty of social media out there, pictures, videos, etc.

Not sure if you can get them for the abuse/threats or not, but if you made to feel you couldn't do anything about it there and then, you can always go down that route. People can get bans retrospectively I suspect.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

My last town game.... on 13:05 - Apr 8 with 6313 viewsTheBlueBarca

I take it Mick didn't tell you to f'off then?

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

My last town game.... on 13:58 - Apr 8 with 6122 viewsRyorry

Muswell, I would take this forum (incl. this thread) as a microcosm of what happened yesterday.

There's a ratio of probably 98% very decent people on here, and (as far as I can see) 2% "numbsculls" (could call them worse, but don't want to descend to their level).

ITFC needs all you decent people to stick together and drown them out. (Sorry I'm unable to get to any remaining fixtures this season, but aiming to be there next).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

My last town game.... on 14:14 - Apr 8 with 6020 viewsITFC_Follower

So it seems like the people who claim Mick and Evans have ruined the club etc have actually started to ruin the club itself.

They bang on about history etc but historically before we won anything we were a family club.

It is not on. Stewards should be dealing with that stuff though.

I hope they are? Also there is a reason we have that control room above the tunnel so they can erradicate that sort of behaviour.

Might be worth reporting it.
My last town game.... on 14:18 - Apr 8 with 5979 viewsITFC_Follower

My last town game.... on 13:05 - Apr 8 by TheBlueBarca

I take it Mick didn't tell you to f'off then?

Grow up please you are not a child (I am assuming) i am sure you have heard such language before?

If you have gone through your life without being told to F-Off by at least one person i would be suprised.

It was ages ago anyway.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 14:19]
My last town game.... on 14:53 - Apr 8 with 5835 viewsITFC_Follower

My last town game.... on 14:14 - Apr 8 by ITFC_Follower

So it seems like the people who claim Mick and Evans have ruined the club etc have actually started to ruin the club itself.

They bang on about history etc but historically before we won anything we were a family club.

It is not on. Stewards should be dealing with that stuff though.

I hope they are? Also there is a reason we have that control room above the tunnel so they can erradicate that sort of behaviour.

Might be worth reporting it.

Sorry this happened to you by the way.

I hope it can be dealt with so that you feel comfortable coming back.
My last town game.... on 15:08 - Apr 8 with 5781 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I think, judging by what I see on here, if I was to attend an away match in the current climate I would sit amongst the home fans in a quieter area of the ground.

I always used to be critical of Churchman's for being too quiet in their support for the team but they are a class above what that lot who have sparked the threads on here.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

My last town game.... on 15:25 - Apr 8 with 5716 viewsBluespeed225

Sorry to hear this. I wasn’t there so won’t comment directly on yesterday, but seen this becoming a more regular occurrence. Dunno if it’s the gap between the ‘old lads’, who stuck together for the Town and team, and the younger lot who kind of missed the link as the last decade or so has seen people leave the scene and not pass on that togetherness? Whatever, these idiots are acting out MM’s plan to spread discord through the fans in his last few weeks. Evans needs to root this out now or he’ll have a player revolt on his hands, and I think MM’s time bomb of pitting the players against the fans is working. God I can’t wait for this season to end!
My last town game.... on 17:20 - Apr 8 with 5448 viewsANNA3ROA

I think you need help? I would never give up singing the blues and going to games.
My last town game.... on 17:23 - Apr 8 with 5432 viewsDarth_Koont

My last town game.... on 15:25 - Apr 8 by Bluespeed225

Sorry to hear this. I wasn’t there so won’t comment directly on yesterday, but seen this becoming a more regular occurrence. Dunno if it’s the gap between the ‘old lads’, who stuck together for the Town and team, and the younger lot who kind of missed the link as the last decade or so has seen people leave the scene and not pass on that togetherness? Whatever, these idiots are acting out MM’s plan to spread discord through the fans in his last few weeks. Evans needs to root this out now or he’ll have a player revolt on his hands, and I think MM’s time bomb of pitting the players against the fans is working. God I can’t wait for this season to end!

I agree mostly but doesn't help if people are spouting the idea that this is helping "MM’s plan to spread discord through the fans in his last few weeks".

Mick was clear that it wasn't all the fans but a section of them. So on that score MM and the genuine fans seem pretty united.

Pronouns: He/Him

My last town game.... on 22:33 - Apr 8 with 5120 viewsVic

And some people were upset at Mick’s comments about some of our supporters!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

My last town game.... on 23:59 - Apr 8 with 4971 viewscoolcat

My last town game.... on 12:40 - Apr 8 by Swn98

I am of the same opinion as you however it's come to something when you can't go to matches because of your own supporters perhaps the club should be getting involved in weeding the numbskulls out.

[Post edited 9 Apr 2018 0:18]
My last town game.... on 00:36 - Apr 9 with 4910 viewsrayman_10

Sorry to hear this, I experienced something similar (although not quite to the scale as yours) at scum away where people were chanting ‘Mick McCarthy your football is s***e’... have no problem people venting their frustration at the end of a game but not the 70th min or whatever it was and especially at THAT place.

I also got told where to go when I suggested perhaps it wasn’t the best idea to show disunity within our club.

But like everyone else, I suggest don’t let a couple of idiots stop your passion. That’s not fair. Occurrences like that will (hopefully) happen once a lifetime.

COYB

My last town game.... on 13:20 - Apr 9 with 4542 viewscoolcat

Not the first time there's been trouble here. There was trouble after the Brentford away in Aug 2016, only difference being there wasn't any negative chanting during the game then. Just a group of middle aged men have a pop at Mick and the players afterwards. It seemed this time there was an intent before the match to disrupt the game judging by the negative chants coming from the pub down the road from the stadium.

I waited after the match as I like to show my support. After about 5 mins about a dozen men turn up, majority middle aged with only a few in their early 20s, shouting & swearing at players. I instantly recognised some of the middle aged men from the Brentford away in Aug 2016 who gave Mick and players grief then. This time police had to get involved, as this contingent were threatening & confrontational to players & fans. Thought police dealt with it very well. I've been to all the games 16/17 and all games so far this season and am pleased to say have only ever seen these creatures at Brentford.

I'm a female London based fan and am going to renew my season ticket. I can say with conviction this type of behaviour with our fans is the exception rather than the rule. You get great away crowds, esp up north and as a whole the blue army and core supporters are very friendly. I refuse to let a minority of trouble makers & bullies put me off. It is a shame that the club can't identify them & deal with them accordingly.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2018 13:29]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024