Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best ps4 games 13:52 - Apr 10 with 3481 viewsMattinLondon

Recently was given a PS4. Was wondering if anyone recommend some decent games for it?

Back in the day I used to like mission type games with guns.

Ta
Best ps4 games on 13:55 - Apr 10 with 3471 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

I saw Destiny 2 in the bargain bin at Smiths toy store recently. Much better than this fornite twaddle
Best ps4 games on 13:59 - Apr 10 with 3459 viewsLuk38644

Mate, download Fortnite. It's all the rage at the moment and my mates and I are completely addicted! It's free too!

As for other games, GTA V is an obvious stand out, it's still one of the highest player games over 4 years since release and it has a cracking storyline.
Best ps4 games on 14:13 - Apr 10 with 3430 viewsdavblue

The last of US is a must.

The Batman Arkham games are very good if into that sort of thing.

Im currently into Horizon Zero Dawn, that's good.
Best ps4 games on 14:16 - Apr 10 with 3415 viewsTractorCam

Best ps4 games on 13:59 - Apr 10 by Luk38644

Mate, download Fortnite. It's all the rage at the moment and my mates and I are completely addicted! It's free too!

As for other games, GTA V is an obvious stand out, it's still one of the highest player games over 4 years since release and it has a cracking storyline.

Agree with these choices, are you better on fortnite than you were GTA Luke?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Best ps4 games on 14:16 - Apr 10 with 3415 viewsLankHenners

Nothing to lose with Fortnite as it's a free download so if you try it and it's not for you you haven't wasted any money.

When it came out I put a decent amount of time into Battlefield 1 and still fun when I play it occasionally now.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2018 14:21]

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Best ps4 games on 14:17 - Apr 10 with 3400 viewsLightningboy

Fallout 4 & Skyrim..best 2 i’ve ever played on any console..go for F4 if you prefer guns to swords tho.
Best ps4 games on 14:18 - Apr 10 with 3391 viewsLuk38644

Best ps4 games on 14:16 - Apr 10 by TractorCam

Agree with these choices, are you better on fortnite than you were GTA Luke?

Oi I'm good at GTA! Been playing them since I was about 7!

I'm alright at Fortnite tbf, got about 50-odd wins across solo, duo and squads. I bet you're one of these kids who run around as bloody John Wick!
Best ps4 games on 14:20 - Apr 10 with 3380 viewsTractorCam

Best ps4 games on 14:18 - Apr 10 by Luk38644

Oi I'm good at GTA! Been playing them since I was about 7!

I'm alright at Fortnite tbf, got about 50-odd wins across solo, duo and squads. I bet you're one of these kids who run around as bloody John Wick!

Haha no I'm awful at fortnite, I was too much of a cod player through high school that I haven't adapted so smoothly, or I'm just getting old!

Have a couple of wins across the board, just the 1 on solo
[Post edited 10 Apr 2018 14:20]

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Login to get fewer ads

Best ps4 games on 14:26 - Apr 10 with 3350 viewsLuk38644

Best ps4 games on 14:20 - Apr 10 by TractorCam

Haha no I'm awful at fortnite, I was too much of a cod player through high school that I haven't adapted so smoothly, or I'm just getting old!

Have a couple of wins across the board, just the 1 on solo
[Post edited 10 Apr 2018 14:20]

I miss the days of playing MW2 for hours every evening after school!

I found it hard to adapt until I learnt to build, from that point on i've been really competitive. I love the game though, it feels like the way MW2 did back in the day, so addictive!

Can't wait for Red Dead Redemption 2 later this year though, RDR is one of my favourite games of all time along with GTA San Andreas, GTA IV and MW2.
Best ps4 games on 14:50 - Apr 10 with 3317 viewsSWGF

I really, really enjoyed "Ghost Recon; Wildlands".

Ticks your "missions with guns" box

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Best ps4 games on 15:53 - Apr 10 with 3230 viewsBlueBadger

A lot of people recommend Destony or Destiny 2. For something a little more off-piste I'm having an absolute ball with Monster Hunter World. Not all the weapons are guns, there's a stiff learning curve and it's very 'Japanese' in places but hugely addictive and beatutfiully put together with a great online community.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Best ps4 games on 16:10 - Apr 10 with 3205 viewsSwansea_Blue

Best ps4 games on 15:53 - Apr 10 by BlueBadger

A lot of people recommend Destony or Destiny 2. For something a little more off-piste I'm having an absolute ball with Monster Hunter World. Not all the weapons are guns, there's a stiff learning curve and it's very 'Japanese' in places but hugely addictive and beatutfiully put together with a great online community.

MHW is very popular with the Destiny community, good shout.

Another one is Warframe (free to download - in game purchases but not needed to progress). It's kind of a more complex, faster moving version of Destiny; there's much more customisation of characters but it works along the similar lines with single player or co-op PvE and PvP. It's also very popular with the Destiny crowd (a lot of whom crossed over to Warframe when Destiny 2 came out and proved to be such a shallow game compared to the original Destiny).

Titanfall 2 is a similar PvE/PvP alternative to Destiny. The upcoming Anthem is getting a lot of attention. And I see The Last of Us II is coming too - the original Last of Us is an incredible game if you're happy with a linear but compelling single player PvE experience.

Depends what floats your boat - Horizon New Dawn looks great on a PS4+ and 4k tv. In a similar vein Far Cry 5 is coming out for fans of open world explorers/shooters. Then there's the footie games, driving sims, etc. Persona 5 gets rave reviews by fans of Japanese anime RPGs. Dark Souls III or Bloodbourne for incredibly challenging action games where you have to die lots to learn to progress.

Etc...

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Best ps4 games on 16:23 - Apr 10 with 3198 viewsSporall

Uncharted
Until Dawn
Best ps4 games on 18:13 - Apr 10 with 3109 viewsBlueBadger

Ratchet and Clank.

Ignore the cartoony looks(actually don't, it's one of the best looking games on the system), it's a surprisingly tactical shooter-cum-platformer that's a LOT of fun.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Best ps4 games on 20:30 - Apr 10 with 3042 viewsTractorWood

Best ps4 games on 16:23 - Apr 10 by Sporall

Uncharted
Until Dawn

I'm currently playing through the first 3 (the Drake collection). Enjoying it. Will play the 4th when I get to it.

Would recommend Fallout 4 and GTA 5.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Best ps4 games on 20:37 - Apr 10 with 3027 viewsTractorWood

Best ps4 games on 18:13 - Apr 10 by BlueBadger

Ratchet and Clank.

Ignore the cartoony looks(actually don't, it's one of the best looking games on the system), it's a surprisingly tactical shooter-cum-platformer that's a LOT of fun.

Heard lots of praise of this from niche gaming hipsters.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Best ps4 games on 21:13 - Apr 10 with 2991 viewsBlueBadger

Best ps4 games on 20:37 - Apr 10 by TractorWood

Heard lots of praise of this from niche gaming hipsters.

It wasn't a niche bloody game when it started!

Best ps4 games on 21:16 - Apr 10 with 2985 viewsbluelou

Buy a Switch and Zelda Breath of the Wild. It’s wonderful.

The best games on PS4 are all ones from older systems tbh.
Someone has already mentioned The Last of Us, Fallout and Skyrim, plus i think you can get Ico and Shadow of the Collussus on PS4. You can’t go wrong with those. (And GTA V!)

Poll: What will have the greatest positive impact on attendances next season?

Best ps4 games on 21:48 - Apr 10 with 2956 viewsBlueBadger

Has anyone mentioned Horizon:Zero Dawn yet? That's a beauty. There's nothing particularly original about the gameplay but it's technically perfect, terrific looking and has a great story. Get the 'complete' edition if you can find it for a decent price.

Best ps4 games on 06:48 - Apr 11 with 2882 viewsMattinLondon

Thanks for the recommendations.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024