Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Early bird 14:24 - Apr 10 with 3106 viewsgerard1947

Out today with the dogs on Wicken Fen and heard a booming bittern, never heard one so early before. Another week or two and it will be the Cuckoos calling. It's been a bad old winter for me mental healthwise, feeling a bit better now. A walk like today's better than any pills.
Early bird on 14:33 - Apr 10 with 3076 viewsBurwell_Blue

Can't beat the Fen, or Anglesey Abbey rose garden for a stroll around.
Early bird on 14:35 - Apr 10 with 3066 viewsGeoffSentence

Not quite so exotic, but whilst roaming the woods and pastures of the Ipswih-Shotley-Sudbury Golden Triangle K saw my first swallow of 2018.

Summer is rolling on gentlefolk.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Early bird on 14:36 - Apr 10 with 3065 viewsgerard1947

Early bird on 14:33 - Apr 10 by Burwell_Blue

Can't beat the Fen, or Anglesey Abbey rose garden for a stroll around.

I was walking on the Wicken side of Burwell Lode near where it splits to Reach when I heard him. I'm sure you know it well.
Early bird on 14:38 - Apr 10 with 3056 viewsgerard1947

Early bird on 14:35 - Apr 10 by GeoffSentence

Not quite so exotic, but whilst roaming the woods and pastures of the Ipswih-Shotley-Sudbury Golden Triangle K saw my first swallow of 2018.

I look forward to my first swift of the year, fascinating birds.
Early bird on 14:45 - Apr 10 with 3040 viewsRyorry

Early bird on 14:35 - Apr 10 by GeoffSentence

Everything's late tho, as you'd expect I suppose - daffodils are still only in bud here. On the positive side, definitely no lawnmowing yet required!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Early bird on 14:46 - Apr 10 with 3034 viewsSpruceMoose

Early bird on 14:45 - Apr 10 by Ryorry

Everything's late tho, as you'd expect I suppose - daffodils are still only in bud here. On the positive side, definitely no lawnmowing yet required!

Poor Benters

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Early bird on 14:47 - Apr 10 with 3032 viewsBurwell_Blue

Early bird on 14:36 - Apr 10 by gerard1947

I was walking on the Wicken side of Burwell Lode near where it splits to Reach when I heard him. I'm sure you know it well.

I often go and sit on the bench that overlooks where the lode splits at Reach and have a sandwich.
Early bird on 14:48 - Apr 10 with 3030 viewsGeoffSentence

Mowed my back lawn on Saturday, the front was delayed by rain.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Early bird on 14:54 - Apr 10 with 3022 viewsRyorry

Early bird on 14:46 - Apr 10 by SpruceMoose

Poor Benters

I'm afraid he did himself out of the job a week or so ago ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Early bird on 14:54 - Apr 10 with 3020 viewsgerard1947

Early bird on 14:47 - Apr 10 by Burwell_Blue

I often go and sit on the bench that overlooks where the lode splits at Reach and have a sandwich.

We're really lucky to have places like that on our doorsteps I reckon.
Early bird on 14:58 - Apr 10 with 3012 viewsSpruceMoose

Early bird on 14:54 - Apr 10 by Ryorry

I'm afraid he did himself out of the job a week or so ago ...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Early bird on 15:06 - Apr 10 with 2989 viewsFtnfwest

daffs have only just fully come out in Herts. Changed the oil in the mower on saturday thinking i'll cut the grass sunday.....then it rained for 2 days solid!
Early bird on 15:12 - Apr 10 with 2981 viewsSpruceMoose

Early bird on 15:06 - Apr 10 by Ftnfwest

daffs have only just fully come out in Herts. Changed the oil in the mower on saturday thinking i'll cut the grass sunday.....then it rained for 2 days solid!

It's been miserable here too. Hovering around freezing earlier this week. This winter will not end.

Early bird on 16:50 - Apr 10 with 2917 viewsbrogansnose

Early bird on 14:36 - Apr 10 by gerard1947

I love that area for simple long walks which fortunately are also very quiet. Bloody good fishing on those Lodes too and that split is a very good spot.

Love the Fens.
Early bird on 17:00 - Apr 10 with 2910 viewsgerard1947

Early bird on 16:50 - Apr 10 by brogansnose

I love that area for simple long walks which fortunately are also very quiet. Bloody good fishing on those Lodes too and that split is a very good spot.

Love the Fens.

Mark Barrett favours that spot. Years back I watched that stretch being surveyed for fish, they stunned the fish counted and measured them. Really big carp and bream and lots of eels surprisingly, rumour has it there's a monster wells cat fish there too.
Early bird on 17:17 - Apr 10 with 2900 viewsVic

Cut mine twice now. First one just a trim, down to a number 2 the second time. Lovely and neat now.

Guess I'll get onto the neighbours this weekend. She always moans if I let it get too straggly poor old dear.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2018 17:20]

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Early bird on 17:40 - Apr 10 with 2876 viewsmrshallisfit

Early bird on 14:47 - Apr 10 by Burwell_Blue

I've often split my lode while having a reach round.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024