Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whether he was wrong or right- MM has been thoroughly unrpofessional at times 08:03 - Apr 11 with 6373 viewssparks

He has been paid a lot of money. His job, in return for that money, is to pursue the best interests of the club and the team.

When he tells fans that if they sing a players name he is less likely to bring them on, he knows full well he is creating bad feeling and a schism. When he tells fans to F off- likewise. When he repeatedly takes potshots at supporters in press conferences, he is exacerbating and contributing to bad feeling about the club, distancing the fans from management, team and club. It has a deleterious effect on the team, atmoshphere, gates and so on. Encouraging that further with the "them and us" type actions simply reinforces that.

Whether his comments over time are right or wrong. Whether they have some good substance and are accurate or not (and I agree some probably were), to do these things and to encourage more and more bad feeling rather than keeping his own counsel was unprofessional and plainly damaging to the club and prospects of the team- potentially going forwards as well as his tenure.

Then he puts the ciing on the cake. Instead of leaving in a dignified normal way, he makes it about himself, with a petulant press conference walkout which gets him all over the back pages. All damaging to club and team cohesion and feeling. Unprofessional. He coudl have gone out on a victory, with the players feeling good about it, but instead he diverts the attention and creates more bad feeling. Its almost as if he wants the players to share in his disgruntlement- which clearly has potential to effect their feelings about staying with the club.

"blunt honesty" is no excuse for it, anymore than its an excuse for agressive or rude people to say "Im just someone who tells it like it is".
[Post edited 11 Apr 2018 8:05]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Whether he was wrong or right- MM has been thoroughly unrpofessional at times on 08:07 - Apr 11 with 4978 viewssolemio

Whether or not all or some of your comments are correct, this morning was not the time to make them. Totally inappropriate. Time to move forward with a degree of positivity.
Whether he was wrong or right- MM has been thoroughly unrpofessional at times on 08:08 - Apr 11 with 4974 viewsBrixtonBlue

While I agree with your general gist, I don't understand why some people bring up what he earns as if that has any relevance.

Also, good use of the word "deleterious". I had to look that up! I shall be endeavouring to use it in my forthcoming parlance.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

What’s it got to do with you.....? on 08:08 - Apr 11 with 4970 viewsBloots

....you support Bournemouth, you sad little snowflake.

Go and chase an ambulance.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Whether he was wrong or right- MM has been thoroughly unrpofessional at times on 08:10 - Apr 11 with 4962 viewsartsbossbeard

After Saturday, he could have got his old chap out, waved it at the North Stand, flicked the V's and then still had more class & dignity than that bunch at Brentford.

Lucan's post was spot on last night, he was going at the end of the season, that's the line in the sand drawn.

Town supporters knew better, of course.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Whether he was wrong or right- MM has been thoroughly unrpofessional at times on 08:10 - Apr 11 with 4956 viewsSomethingBlue

Team cohesion seems pretty good to me. Think you'll find the actions of (some of) our fanbase are very much contrary to the general feeling at Playford Road — which would provide some food for thought, if only those people could think.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2018 8:10]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Whether he was wrong or right- MM has been thoroughly unrpofessional at times on 08:13 - Apr 11 with 4906 viewsBluefish

Whether he was wrong or right- MM has been thoroughly unrpofessional at times on 08:10 - Apr 11 by artsbossbeard

After Saturday, he could have got his old chap out, waved it at the North Stand, flicked the V's and then still had more class & dignity than that bunch at Brentford.

Lucan's post was spot on last night, he was going at the end of the season, that's the line in the sand drawn.

When the frothing at the mouth idiots were holding each other back to hit me I tried to explain that he was leaving but they couldn't grasp it. I'm honestly not sure they understood that it was confirmed.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Whether he was wrong or right- MM has been thoroughly unrpofessional at times on 08:16 - Apr 11 with 4851 viewssparks

Whether he was wrong or right- MM has been thoroughly unrpofessional at times on 08:10 - Apr 11 by artsbossbeard

I dont disagree at all. But that doesnt change the fundamental point I make, which is that he encouraged and exacerbated it- to the detriment of the club, potentially for a longer period than his tenure. He should not have done.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Whether he was wrong or right- MM has been thoroughly unrpofessional at times on 08:21 - Apr 11 with 4802 viewsfloridaboy

Whether he was wrong or right- MM has been thoroughly unrpofessional at times on 08:16 - Apr 11 by sparks

I dont disagree at all. But that doesnt change the fundamental point I make, which is that he encouraged and exacerbated it- to the detriment of the club, potentially for a longer period than his tenure. He should not have done.

It was agreed at the weekend he would leave after the Barnsley match, so why is he saying that the booing after the Cotter substitution was the final straw.

Another pop at the fans! Shame he couldn't just say goodbye!
Login to get fewer ads

Whether he was wrong or right- MM has been thoroughly unrpofessional at times on 08:22 - Apr 11 with 4776 viewsBlueBadger

Didn't you come out utterly in favour of Magilton when he did a similar thing?

I don't blame either. They might not have reacted in the best way, but I don't blame either. They're both essentially decent guys, trying to do their best under tricky circumstances and getting wholly undeserved and unjustified grief from idiots. I can see how the booing off of a newly-promoted young player in a game that you're winning might just rankle, somewhat.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Whether he was wrong or right- MM has been thoroughly unrpofessional at times on 08:22 - Apr 11 with 4763 viewsNo9

I agree & would say that unprofessional manner was shown in his attitude toward cup games & his failures to deal with the RB & midfield issues.
Whether he was wrong or right- MM has been thoroughly unrpofessional at times on 08:23 - Apr 11 with 4758 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Agree with some of that - would clearly have been better had he just let it drop. A lot of football managers are like that though - arrogant seems to be a criticism that has been levelled at Mick consistently but at the end of the day you have to be to do the job

Don’t agree re the manner of the exit being damaging to the club though - you’re making a drama there where there simply isn’t one

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Whether he was wrong or right- MM has been thoroughly unrpofessional at times on 08:24 - Apr 11 with 4752 viewsHerbivore

Whether he was wrong or right- MM has been thoroughly unrpofessional at times on 08:21 - Apr 11 by floridaboy

It was agreed at the weekend he would leave after the Barnsley match, so why is he saying that the booing after the Cotter substitution was the final straw.

He didn't say it was the final straw. You are a prime example of why our fan base is a shocking mess, people getting offended over nothing and making stuff up to get outraged over. Turn it in, flower.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Whether he was wrong or right- MM has been thoroughly unrpofessional at times on 08:24 - Apr 11 with 4749 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Whether he was wrong or right- MM has been thoroughly unrpofessional at times on 08:21 - Apr 11 by floridaboy

Who said it was the final straw?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Whether he was wrong or right- MM has been thoroughly unrpofessional at times on 08:25 - Apr 11 with 4747 viewsBlueBadger

'Why couldn't he just say goodbye'.

And yet, he's still shown more class than the people booing one young player's every touch, singing 'Mick is a nonce' and then booing off another young player making his debut.
As I said above, I don't blame him, there's a section of Town fans who've decided that the fact that he was leaving wasn't enough, they've got to have blood. Well, well done dickheads, you've got it and let's hope you've not helped to sway the feelings of players like Bart and Knudsen into the 'sod it I'm off' viewpoint.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2018 9:41]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Whether he was wrong or right- MM has been thoroughly unrpofessional at times on 08:27 - Apr 11 with 4718 viewsWD19

Whether he was wrong or right- MM has been thoroughly unrpofessional at times on 08:22 - Apr 11 by No9

I agree & would say that unprofessional manner was shown in his attitude toward cup games & his failures to deal with the RB & midfield issues.

So Mick was so ‘unprofessional’ he couldn’t be bothered to sort out the ‘RB issue’!?

Righty oh......
Whether he was wrong or right- MM has been thoroughly unrpofessional at times on 08:29 - Apr 11 with 4685 viewsVic

I reckon you and him would be a great partnership!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Whether he was wrong or right- MM has been thoroughly unrpofessional at times on 08:29 - Apr 11 with 4670 viewsHerbivore

Whether he was wrong or right- MM has been thoroughly unrpofessional at times on 08:27 - Apr 11 by WD19

So Mick was so ‘unprofessional’ he couldn’t be bothered to sort out the ‘RB issue’!?

Righty oh......

It's not like he signed right backs like Stearman, Parr, Orr, Foley, Spence, Iorfa and Cotter over his time here. If only Mick was more professional we'd be playing the next Cafu by now. Some of our fans don't have two brain cells to rub together.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Whether he was wrong or right- MM has been thoroughly unrpofessional at times on 08:37 - Apr 11 with 4623 viewsVic

He wasn’t saying the booing was the final straw. He was saying that it was just that sort of on going reaction to his decisions that made it necessary for him to leave earlier. I think they naively thought that the decision for him to leave would end the vocal, destructive negativity from the stands during games. But sadly and predictably it didn’t and so he decided for the good of all that it would be better to go sooner rather than later.

I agree with Bully that he didn’t help himself with some of the things he said in the last two years in response to reactions to his decisions. But I disagree that his actions last night were designed to throw discord and disruption among the team and get attention for himself. He may be many things, but he’s not an attention seeker, and think he’s acted in what he thinks is in the best interest of the club. That I disagree with his decisions is a different matter, but I’ll not question his integrity.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Whether he was wrong or right- MM has been thoroughly unrpofessional at times on 08:41 - Apr 11 with 4584 viewsJ4ck22

Or we could learn to not take these things so seriously rather than looking to get outraged any time he opens his mouth.
Whether he was wrong or right- MM has been thoroughly unrpofessional at times on 09:29 - Apr 11 with 4448 viewssparks

Whether he was wrong or right- MM has been thoroughly unrpofessional at times on 08:41 - Apr 11 by J4ck22

Or we could learn to not take these things so seriously rather than looking to get outraged any time he opens his mouth.

That misses the point. Regardless of whether you or I think people overreact, he knew or should know that lots of people do just that and that he would therefore be creating a schism.

Whether he was wrong or right- MM has been thoroughly unrpofessional at times on 09:33 - Apr 11 with 4409 viewsNo9

Whether he was wrong or right- MM has been thoroughly unrpofessional at times on 08:27 - Apr 11 by WD19

Righty oh......

OK, how long did he play the skipper out of position and how much did some fans get on the skippers back when occassoinaly he got roasted?
That isn't professional foootball management
Whether he was wrong or right- MM has been thoroughly unrpofessional at times on 09:37 - Apr 11 with 4393 viewsGlasgowBlue

Whether he was wrong or right- MM has been thoroughly unrpofessional at times on 09:33 - Apr 11 by No9

OK, how long did he play the skipper out of position and how much did some fans get on the skippers back when occassoinaly he got roasted?
That isn't professional foootball management

I’d say that was Mick’s biggest failure at the club. He clearly thought Chambers was a better centreback than Tommy Smith so why play Chambers on the right and Smith in the centre?

Why not play you preferred centreback and get in a right back?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Whether he was wrong or right- MM has been thoroughly unrpofessional at times on 09:40 - Apr 11 with 4363 viewsartsbossbeard

Whether he was wrong or right- MM has been thoroughly unrpofessional at times on 08:16 - Apr 11 by sparks

You lost your place atop of the high horse following your vein popping anti-Royle stance.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Whether he was wrong or right- MM has been thoroughly unrpofessional at times on 09:43 - Apr 11 with 4357 viewsSwansea_Blue

Whether he was wrong or right- MM has been thoroughly unrpofessional at times on 08:08 - Apr 11 by BrixtonBlue

While I agree with your general gist, I don't understand why some people bring up what he earns as if that has any relevance.

Also, good use of the word "deleterious". I had to look that up! I shall be endeavouring to use it in my forthcoming parlance.

You have to behave better if you earn more. Similarly if you're a player you have to play better if you get paid more. That' how it works isn't it?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Whether he was wrong or right- MM has been thoroughly unrpofessional at times on 09:43 - Apr 11 with 4356 viewsNo9

Whether he was wrong or right- MM has been thoroughly unrpofessional at times on 09:37 - Apr 11 by GlasgowBlue

I’d say that was Mick’s biggest failure at the club. He clearly thought Chambers was a better centreback than Tommy Smith so why play Chambers on the right and Smith in the centre?

Why not play you preferred centreback and get in a right back?

At least we agree on something.
But i reiterate is was not good to hear a section of the crowd get on Chambers back for trying to deal with players who were giving him a hard time Yanic wildshut when at Wigan springs to mind.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024