Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cotter 09:05 - Apr 11 with 1549 viewsHerbivore

So I wasn't able to make the game, bit of a shame as it sounded decent and would have liked to see Mick's last game. Those who were there, how good was Cotter? Could he be next season's right-back at this level? I'm just mindful that he was up against Zeki Fryers and that I'd probably look decent up against him. Sounds very promising though.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Cotter on 09:11 - Apr 11 with 1514 viewshomer_123

Barry Cotter ... I posted earlier about his debut. by homer_123 11 Apr 2018 0:42
The guy exudes calmness. Very comfortable on the ball and embarrassed a former Town player more than once tonight.

He's got some skills, can beat a player, head a ball and pick a pass.

Not a perfect debut but really made me smile tonight.

Ironic really that the other observation was how much support he was getting from MM and TC.

Cotter by homer_123 10 Apr 2018 20:45
Languid, relaxed, comfortable in the ball. Gets up well...decent positioning and can beat a man.

Also Mick and he as well as TC are all chatting as he plays...lots of support from Mick.

Highlight of the first half was his crossfield pass and then arriving late at back post for a shot.

Great to see and making me smile.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Cotter on 09:19 - Apr 11 with 1475 viewsJ4ck22

He was very impressive. Calm on the ball, good touch, ran at defenders trying to beat them. It didn’t always come off but when it did, it was fun to watch. He also took a throw in which put Knudsen’s to shame as he planted it right to Waghorns feet deep inside the box. I’d love to see more of him.
Cotter on 09:23 - Apr 11 with 1453 viewsSuperfrans

He was great, a breath of fresh air. Willing to take on a man, try a flick and even ping the ball from one side of the pitch to another. Can’t remember seeing as accomplished a debut by a youngster for a long time. He’ll play lots of games next season hopefully.

All of that being said, Folami provided evidence of the foolishness of getting too carried away. Things didn’t go for him last night, he looked off the pace, slow, sluggish. He’ll get other chances, but he looked wracked by nerves last night.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Cotter on 09:25 - Apr 11 with 1452 viewschicoazul

It's pretty funny in hindsight that, after years of not having one, we signed 4 right backs and let another go out on loan this year but none of them nailed the position down. Banter Era. Cotter did sound good though so fingers crossed he could be Mick's parting gift to us.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Cotter on 09:45 - Apr 11 with 1390 viewslongtimefan

Cotter on 09:23 - Apr 11 by Superfrans

He was great, a breath of fresh air. Willing to take on a man, try a flick and even ping the ball from one side of the pitch to another. Can’t remember seeing as accomplished a debut by a youngster for a long time. He’ll play lots of games next season hopefully.

All of that being said, Folami provided evidence of the foolishness of getting too carried away. Things didn’t go for him last night, he looked off the pace, slow, sluggish. He’ll get other chances, but he looked wracked by nerves last night.

Thought he was excellent going forward. Very confident on the ball and full of tricks. Looks really suited to the wing back role but I remain to be convinced he would necessarily be the answer in a back 4. Hopefully he'll get the chance to prove it.
Cotter on 09:49 - Apr 11 with 1377 viewsitfcjoe

He just looked a proper player. Comfortable, athletic and confident - looked like he was really enjoying himself out there too.

£50k looks a bargain, well done to Mick and the team again

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Cotter on 09:55 - Apr 11 with 1342 viewsHarryWright

Agree on Folami, did a few good things but struggled compared to the other day. Only young though so expect that really.
Cotter on 09:56 - Apr 11 with 1339 viewsRadlett_blue

That's why young players need game time & experience. Hopefully, with Mick gone, we will stop playing loan players who won't be at the club next season & give our young players more of a chance. There will never be a time when results matter less.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

Cotter on 09:58 - Apr 11 with 1324 viewsDarth_Koont

Very encouraging debut. Seemed very confident with the ball - either taking on defenders or passing to teammates.

He got caught out a couple of times in defence but probably to be expected when the RWB role means he's mostly playing as a right midfielder. So be interesting to see how he copes as a more traditional RB. Suspect it'll be easier to position himself and would even give him space to run into on the ball.

All-in-all with Cotter, Emmanuel (hopefully benefiting from his loan) and Spence as a RB/CB we might actually be covered pretty well next season.

Pronouns: He/Him

Cotter on 09:59 - Apr 11 with 1318 viewsMeadowlark

Cotter on 09:56 - Apr 11 by Radlett_blue

That's why young players need game time & experience. Hopefully, with Mick gone, we will stop playing loan players who won't be at the club next season & give our young players more of a chance. There will never be a time when results matter less.

Excellent debut. The main noticeable thing for me was the lack of hoofing !!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024