Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans getting advice 12:43 - Apr 11 with 3166 viewshype313

Whilst you could see the logic when he first arrived at the helm, you would have thought after Jim, Keane, Jewell and Mick, he might now change tack and identify someone that he wants.

At the end of the day he has made a success of his other business by making decisions himself, why not try that now, rather than taking advice from someone who potentially might be slightly biased etc.

I could recommend a restaurant on here and 50% would love it, 50% would hate it.

Surely he has sufficient knowledge of football ownership now, he can't hide behind inexperience. Dean Hoyle took over Huddersfield at the same time as Evans did with us likewise Tony Bloom at Brighton.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Evans getting advice on 12:46 - Apr 11 with 3148 viewsElderGrizzly

He’s getting advice, not asking someone to make the decision. Like happens in every industry and what the whole consulting industry is based on.

Nothing to see here....
Evans getting advice on 12:49 - Apr 11 with 3136 viewsSteve_M

Getting advice is sensible, whatever anyone's personal experience.

The bigger concern is that those ME asks for advice may still be embedded in an older model of how football works. I suspect that is part of the reason why we've not seen any innovative thinking about our approach: everything is vested int he first team manager out-performing budget.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Evans getting advice on 12:51 - Apr 11 with 3119 viewshype313

Evans getting advice on 12:49 - Apr 11 by Steve_M

The bigger concern is that those ME asks for advice may still be embedded in an older model of how football works. I suspect that is part of the reason why we've not seen any innovative thinking about our approach: everything is vested int he first team manager out-performing budget.

That's my concern in my OP, the people he's getting advice from. I an ideal world and can see Evans wanting a Mick clone, but he is aware it wouldn't wash with the fanbase.

Evans getting advice on 12:52 - Apr 11 with 3105 viewshype313

Evans getting advice on 12:46 - Apr 11 by ElderGrizzly

He’s getting advice, not asking someone to make the decision. Like happens in every industry and what the whole consulting industry is based on.

Nothing to see here....

Sorry, but your first sentence is wibble, straight from the handbook of corporate waffle.

Certainly nothing to see in there.

Evans getting advice on 12:54 - Apr 11 with 3096 viewsGuthrum

How much time has Evans spent on the day-to-day running of ITFC, compared with Hoyle or Bloom at their clubs, how much focus has our owner been able to put into it?

He may have made the decisions involved in growing his business, but you can bet he took extensive advice before doing so.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Evans getting advice on 12:55 - Apr 11 with 3087 viewsBlueBadger

Evans getting advice on 12:52 - Apr 11 by hype313

Sorry, but your first sentence is wibble, straight from the handbook of corporate waffle.

'He's getting advice' is corporate waffle. I think we should run that proportion up the flagpole and see who salutes that particular thought rhino.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Evans getting advice on 12:58 - Apr 11 with 3071 viewsSuperfrans

It's what happens in all industries at the top level. Even if Evans has a personal inkling to want Mowbray (for instance), it makes sense for him to scope out all other options and seek other thoughts.

It's what separates the ordinary person in the street from successful businessmen - successful businessmen don't assume they already know everything.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Evans getting advice on 13:00 - Apr 11 with 3064 viewshype313

Evans getting advice on 12:54 - Apr 11 by Guthrum

How much time has Evans spent on the day-to-day running of ITFC, compared with Hoyle or Bloom at their clubs, how much focus has our owner been able to put into it?

He may have made the decisions involved in growing his business, but you can bet he took extensive advice before doing so.

He obviously didn't build his conference business on his own without advice, my wider issue is who has he used in the past and given the fact that we have now burnt through our 4th Manager in his tenure, is it time for him to do something different?

Login to get fewer ads

Evans getting advice on 13:10 - Apr 11 with 3026 viewsGuthrum

Evans getting advice on 13:00 - Apr 11 by hype313

He obviously didn't build his conference business on his own without advice, my wider issue is who has he used in the past and given the fact that we have now burnt through our 4th Manager in his tenure, is it time for him to do something different?

Different advice is not necessarily better. I hope he doesn't go to 'Arry again, lumbering us with another Jewell. I expect he's been frightened off whoever suggested Keane. And it was supposedly the outgoing PJ who pointed him towards McCarthy.

It's also a fair while since he last had to look for a new manager. His contacts and friends in the sport will have developed in that time, too.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Evans getting advice on 13:13 - Apr 11 with 3004 viewsElderGrizzly

So, is he getting advice or asking someone to make the decision for him? That’s all i was clearing up, as the OP seemed confused
Evans getting advice on 13:14 - Apr 11 with 3003 viewsBluebell

Would Evans have a clue what to look for in a manager? I am pleased he is asking advice but is he asking the correct questions?
Evans getting advice on 13:14 - Apr 11 with 2996 viewsElderGrizzly

Evans getting advice on 12:58 - Apr 11 by Superfrans

It's what happens in all industries at the top level. Even if Evans has a personal inkling to want Mowbray (for instance), it makes sense for him to scope out all other options and seek other thoughts.

It's what separates the ordinary person in the street from successful businessmen - successful businessmen don't assume they already know everything.

Glad someone gets it :)
Evans getting advice on 13:18 - Apr 11 with 2959 viewsLord_Lucan

I think he should have a live chat on here.

Can we arrange this Gav?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Evans getting advice on 13:22 - Apr 11 with 2943 viewshype313

Evans getting advice on 13:13 - Apr 11 by ElderGrizzly

So, is he getting advice or asking someone to make the decision for him? That’s all i was clearing up, as the OP seemed confused

I was talking about advice, rather than he general decision making, reading back it does look like two conflicting points, i'll amend.

Evans getting advice on 13:28 - Apr 11 with 2918 viewsitfcjoe

Evans getting advice on 13:00 - Apr 11 by hype313

4 managers in 10 years isn't awful though - and his last apppointment was a success in reality.

The problem is we get told he's taking advice by Milne but no-one knows what that means. Is he seeking advice formally, chatting to other contacts in the game, doing sue diligence by speaking to former employers of preferred candidates etc etc.

It gives me more confidence that he speaks to people than not, because he isn't a football expert and doesn't have any around him in reality at ITFC

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

David Pleat, innit. (n/t) on 13:31 - Apr 11 with 2901 viewsBloots

Evans getting advice on 12:49 - Apr 11 by Steve_M

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Evans getting advice on 16:26 - Apr 11 with 2771 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Evans getting advice on 13:28 - Apr 11 by itfcjoe

4 managers in 10 years isn't awful though - and his last apppointment was a success in reality.

The problem is we get told he's taking advice by Milne but no-one knows what that means. Is he seeking advice formally, chatting to other contacts in the game, doing sue diligence by speaking to former employers of preferred candidates etc etc.

It gives me more confidence that he speaks to people than not, because he isn't a football expert and doesn't have any around him in reality at ITFC

Speaking to lots of people, including current managers (including a couple in the premier league), other chairman, players, people like Pleat etc etc.
Evans getting advice on 16:27 - Apr 11 with 2765 viewsSpruceMoose

Evans getting advice on 16:26 - Apr 11 by PrideOfTheEast

Speaking to lots of people, including current managers (including a couple in the premier league), other chairman, players, people like Pleat etc etc.

POE knows the score.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024