Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The thing that Carayol has brought 12:48 - Apr 11 with 4027 viewsBluefish

Is pace and direct running. It really has been noticeable in our side, it also was when Sears joined but that is long gone.
It shows how much we need it but I am not sure that I would sign sign him longer term, much like when we signed Edwards there is a danger with 30 year old players that rely on pace that it soon fades and he will be 30 this year.

We need a younger version, ward looks good when he goes direct in his running but he is not that quick over a distance.

The alternative to this is changing the style to cut out balls into the channels and Dozzell, huws, bishop etc could do this but we will always need a plan b. At least 1 rapid winger required
[Post edited 11 Apr 2018 13:21]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The thing that Caryol has brought on 12:56 - Apr 11 with 3984 viewsGuthrum

Agreed. Difficult task, tho. McCarthy spent a lot of effort on finding that elusive fast-and-effective (not constantly injured) winger, with limited success.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The thing that Caryol has brought on 12:58 - Apr 11 with 3971 viewschicoazul

I'm glad we signed a winger. There just havent been enough of them over the recent years.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The thing that Caryol has brought on 12:59 - Apr 11 with 3961 viewsSuperblue95

I'd give him a 2 year deal as he would be a decent player to have in the squad and probably wouldn't expect crazy wages. If after the 2 years his legs are gone then get rid

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

The thing that Caryol has brought on 13:01 - Apr 11 with 3950 viewsYallop

Maybe my focus was elsewhere last night but I thought he was poor and was surprised he wasn't withdrawn sooner. I don't think his position helped last night. Was played very deep and centrally for most of the first half.
The thing that Carayol has brought on 15:48 - Apr 11 with 3814 viewsCurrie10

Sign him up all day long in my opinion.
The thing that Carayol has brought on 16:22 - Apr 11 with 3767 viewsITFC_Forever

The thing that Carayol has brought on 15:48 - Apr 11 by Currie10

Sign him up all day long in my opinion.

Other than 45 minutes away at PNE, he's been pretty inconsistent.

Typical winger.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

The thing that Carayol has brought on 16:34 - Apr 11 with 3747 viewsSteve_M

The thing that Carayol has brought on 16:22 - Apr 11 by ITFC_Forever

Typical winger.

Yes, was out of the game for long periods last night but has obvious ability. He's been inconsistent throughout his career though.

I suspect MM would have offered him a one year deal, can't really see nay new manager doing the same.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The thing that Carayol has brought on 17:36 - Apr 11 with 3695 viewstextbackup

The Millwall game, he was lively as anything, liked what we saw

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

The thing that Carayol has brought on 17:56 - Apr 11 with 3650 viewsKeaneish

Dozzell, Huws, Bishop to cut out balls into the channels? What?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

The thing that Carayol has brought on 18:03 - Apr 11 with 3625 viewsbrogansnose

I don't want to get down on the bloke but he reminds me of when we got Feeny in at the end of the season. Good in spells but do we really want to tie up wages on who could possibly be a part player ? Carayol is ok but I'm not swooning over him like I did Huws.

Mick has had a dogs luck with getting in effective wingers or pace players and young fast players come at a premium in the transfer market. We've yet to properly see what the lad Rowe can do apart from that Forest game. Perhaps he has a role to play.
The thing that Carayol has brought on 18:15 - Apr 11 with 3603 viewsBluefish

The thing that Carayol has brought on 18:03 - Apr 11 by brogansnose

I don't want to get down on the bloke but he reminds me of when we got Feeny in at the end of the season. Good in spells but do we really want to tie up wages on who could possibly be a part player ? Carayol is ok but I'm not swooning over him like I did Huws.

Mick has had a dogs luck with getting in effective wingers or pace players and young fast players come at a premium in the transfer market. We've yet to properly see what the lad Rowe can do apart from that Forest game. Perhaps he has a role to play.

I'm agreeing. I wouldn't sign carayol even though he has done well in spells. Feeney is a good comparison albeit different type of winger completely but I didn't want feeney either. Hopefully Rowe will find fitness and consistency.

The thing that Carayol has brought on 18:15 - Apr 11 with 3603 viewsCurrie10

The thing that Carayol has brought on 16:22 - Apr 11 by ITFC_Forever

Typical winger.

Been injured stop start etc.

Give him a full pre season hopefully iron out issues and in my opinion, far worse out there to be in the 18.
The thing that Carayol has brought on 18:17 - Apr 11 with 3592 viewsBluefish

The thing that Carayol has brought on 18:15 - Apr 11 by Currie10

Been injured stop start etc.

Give him a full pre season hopefully iron out issues and in my opinion, far worse out there to be in the 18.

As I said at the start 30 year old pace players are on a downward slope

The thing that Carayol has brought on 18:43 - Apr 11 with 3570 viewsCurrie10

The thing that Carayol has brought on 18:17 - Apr 11 by Bluefish

Yes seems to really be effecting Ronaldo Robben Ribery Quaresma Messi et el about now doesn't it.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2018 18:43]
The thing that Carayol has brought on 18:57 - Apr 11 with 3548 viewsEastAngliasNo1

The thing that Carayol has brought on 18:43 - Apr 11 by Currie10

Yes seems to really be effecting Ronaldo Robben Ribery Quaresma Messi et el about now doesn't it.

Ah yes, i forgot we should compare those players (btw Quaresma is actually getting naff nowadays) to someone with a CV of MK Dons, Bristol Rovers, Boro', and Forest...
The thing that Carayol has brought on 18:58 - Apr 11 with 3547 viewsBluefish

The thing that Carayol has brought on 18:43 - Apr 11 by Currie10

1 of those relies on pace

The thing that Carayol has brought on 18:59 - Apr 11 with 3543 viewsITFC_Forever

Exactly what I said at the game last night... seems very Feeney-esque.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

The thing that Carayol has brought on 20:02 - Apr 11 with 3473 viewsDubtractor

The thing that Carayol has brought on 18:17 - Apr 11 by Bluefish

Dunno about that, I'm 42 and still lightening quick*

*possibly exaggerating and actually slower than Currie was.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

The thing that Carayol has brought on 20:05 - Apr 11 with 3465 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Depends on his wages for me. He could be a useful impact player, but he has to play wide and have cover behind him. If he is relatively cheap I’d offer him a longer contract

Poll: Our final position

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024