Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loanees and short-termers for next season 12:58 - Apr 11 with 7851 viewsHerbivore

We've currently got on our books on loan or on short-term deals:

Dominic Iorfa
Cameron Carter-Vickers
Bersant Celina
Callum Connolly
Stephen Gleeson
Mustafa Carayol

I'd say Carter-Vickers and Celina are out of our price range for permanent deals, Carter-Vickers looks quality and I'd be tempted to see if a season long loan is possible. Celina blows too hot and cold for me. Iorfa is no better than what we have imo. Connolly is an interesting one, decent player but not close to Prem standard at the moment so could be a realistic target. Gleeson isn't up to much, he can go. It's a shame Carayol's been injured so often as when he's played he's looked a genuine threat and the type of player we've been missing.

Who would you look to keep on next season? For me, Carter-Vickers on loan for sure. I'd also be tempted to keep Callum and Carayol.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2018 13:04]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Loanees and short-termers for next season on 13:00 - Apr 11 with 4754 viewsKieran_Knows

I'd just keep Carter-Vickers personally, will have to be a season loan I presume. I'd take Connolly permanently, but perhaps play him at right back? (If Emmanuel comes back in pre-season and isn't up to scratch).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Loanees and short-termers for next season on 13:00 - Apr 11 with 4747 viewsReuser_is_God

Who is Ashley Carter-Vickers?

The only one I’d keep is CCV, if we can.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Loanees and short-termers for next season on 13:01 - Apr 11 with 4734 viewsGeoffSentence

Loanees and short-termers for next season on 13:00 - Apr 11 by Kieran_Knows

I'd just keep Carter-Vickers personally, will have to be a season loan I presume. I'd take Connolly permanently, but perhaps play him at right back? (If Emmanuel comes back in pre-season and isn't up to scratch).

Who needs Emmanuel, we have Cotter now.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Loanees and short-termers for next season on 13:02 - Apr 11 with 4729 viewsSuperfrans

Cameron Carter Vickers on season long loan please. None of the rest.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Loanees and short-termers for next season on 13:03 - Apr 11 with 4709 viewsKieran_Knows

Loanees and short-termers for next season on 13:01 - Apr 11 by GeoffSentence

Who needs Emmanuel, we have Cotter now.

True, may well be them 2 fighting it our at RB next season (I can't see Spence staying).

Loanees and short-termers for next season on 13:04 - Apr 11 with 4705 viewsYallop

I think we probably got Celina a year or two early. He'll have learnt a lot from this season and will come back next season where ever he is a much more effective player.
Loanees and short-termers for next season on 13:04 - Apr 11 with 4700 viewsHerbivore

Loanees and short-termers for next season on 13:00 - Apr 11 by Reuser_is_God

Who is Ashley Carter-Vickers?

The only one I’d keep is CCV, if we can.

Whoops! Edited.

Loanees and short-termers for next season on 13:05 - Apr 11 with 4694 viewsGuthrum

CCV on loan if we can get him. Connolly if within our price-range and another year for Carayol.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Loanees and short-termers for next season on 13:05 - Apr 11 with 4692 viewsSuperfrans

Loanees and short-termers for next season on 13:03 - Apr 11 by Kieran_Knows

True, may well be them 2 fighting it our at RB next season (I can't see Spence staying).

Why wouldn't Spence stay? He's contracted until 2019.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Loanees and short-termers for next season on 13:07 - Apr 11 with 4680 viewsKieran_Knows

Loanees and short-termers for next season on 13:05 - Apr 11 by Superfrans

... because he's not good enough. He's okay, and versatile, but if any new manager wants to come in and play out the back, I'd say Spence doesn't fit that role, in my opinion of course.

Loanees and short-termers for next season on 13:10 - Apr 11 with 4670 viewsElderGrizzly

Loanees and short-termers for next season on 13:02 - Apr 11 by Superfrans

Cameron Carter Vickers on season long loan please. None of the rest.

Connolly if we can get him too, but on a permanent and as a RB. Downes should take his place in CM
Loanees and short-termers for next season on 13:11 - Apr 11 with 4659 viewsitfcjoe

So many of these are hard to do without knowing who the manager is. I personally wouldn't want Celina again, but if he was playing under a Warburton as an e.g. he could be exceptional in this league if given freedom to play and no real defensive responsibilities etc.

But as things stand here are my views

Iorfa - If we could pick him up on a free and reasonable wages I'd take him.
CCV - Would be happy to have him on a season long loan, been very impressive
Celina - I think he's had a decent enough loan spell, but not sure he adds enough
Connolly - Done well enough, but we've got good players in midfield. He could have been a Skuse replacement if CS had left
Gleeson - No thanks
Carayol - He certainly adds something, I'd be happy to have him back

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Loanees and short-termers for next season on 13:12 - Apr 11 with 4654 viewsHerbivore

Loanees and short-termers for next season on 13:07 - Apr 11 by Kieran_Knows

... because he's not good enough. He's okay, and versatile, but if any new manager wants to come in and play out the back, I'd say Spence doesn't fit that role, in my opinion of course.

Spence on the right of a back three is very useful. He's decent enough as a full back but limited as a wing back. I'd happily keep him to be fair.

Loanees and short-termers for next season on 13:16 - Apr 11 with 4637 viewsIpswichKnight

Loanees and short-termers for next season on 13:10 - Apr 11 by ElderGrizzly

Connolly if we can get him too, but on a permanent and as a RB. Downes should take his place in CM

Don't think we need him as a RB, we have enough cover in Emmanuel, Cotter and Spence. I do agree that Downes should be playing CM next season.
Loanees and short-termers for next season on 13:18 - Apr 11 with 4619 viewsnc41

Loanees and short-termers for next season on 13:11 - Apr 11 by itfcjoe

So many of these are hard to do without knowing who the manager is. I personally wouldn't want Celina again, but if he was playing under a Warburton as an e.g. he could be exceptional in this league if given freedom to play and no real defensive responsibilities etc.

Celina - I think he's had a decent enough loan spell, but not sure he adds enough
Connolly - Done well enough, but we've got good players in midfield. He could have been a Skuse replacement if CS had left
Gleeson - No thanks

Would agree with all of that.
Loanees and short-termers for next season on 13:18 - Apr 11 with 4613 viewsitfcjoe

Loanees and short-termers for next season on 13:07 - Apr 11 by Kieran_Knows

He played that way for years at MK Dons so may be ok with it, who knows

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Loanees and short-termers for next season on 13:20 - Apr 11 with 4604 viewsKieran_Knows

Loanees and short-termers for next season on 13:18 - Apr 11 by itfcjoe

He played that way for years at MK Dons so may be ok with it, who knows

Suppose, and as Frans said, he does have a contract until 2019, so will (I presume, obviously) be given a chance in pre-season to impress. Just can't see it myself, personally.

Loanees and short-termers for next season on 13:21 - Apr 11 with 4595 viewsRadlett_blue

Loanees and short-termers for next season on 13:11 - Apr 11 by itfcjoe

Gleeson - No thanks

Iorfa has another year on his contract, but as Wolves are virtually promoted he won't get much game time there next season. Not sure I'd pay a fee for him & don't really see the point of loaning him again. Depends what we think of Emmanuel, or even Wolfenden.
I rate Connolly but don't know if he would want a move or what the fee might be.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Loanees and short-termers for next season on 22:29 - Apr 11 with 4448 viewsHerbivore

This thread was primarily just an elaborate excuse to use the phrase 'keep Callum and Carayol' and nobody picked up on my wordplay. Disappointing.

Loanees and short-termers for next season on 23:20 - Apr 11 with 4370 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

CCV and Carayol, we need the defence competition again next year, would even suggest one more centre-back. Carayol swell, have nothing thats quite on his level in terms out and out winger with roar pace. No Celina, No Connolly for me, with the return of Adeyemi, Hows, Dozzell, Bishop, Downes, Nydam and may end up keeping Hyam, do we really need him??

Id rather go and get Adam Armstrong from Newcastle on a season long.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Loanees and short-termers for next season on 01:31 - Apr 12 with 4310 viewsharlingblue

I would like CCV on a season long loan (if out of our range to buy), likewise Celina.
Cotter will be a far better footballing full back than either Iorfa, Emanuel or Spence.
Connolly has performed well in midfield, and if surplus to Everton, should be bought, if not Downes will take this his role.
Keeping on the 'C' theme, Carayol is a typical winger and with lightening pace, well worth a season long contract, with perhaps a personal trainer to keep him fit.
Perhaps 'The Cowley Bros' are in your thoughts as Managers? Ex PE Teachers that know how to get teams organised and fit enough to win. Just a thought?
Loanees and short-termers for next season on 04:56 - Apr 12 with 4256 viewsCrock

Carayol and Connolly

Poll: Favourite number?

Loanees and short-termers for next season on 06:58 - Apr 12 with 4190 viewsheavyweight

I would have sent Celina back based purely on that Soccer AM clip
Loanees and short-termers for next season on 07:24 - Apr 12 with 4147 viewsimsureazzure

Loanees and short-termers for next season on 13:05 - Apr 11 by Superfrans

He will stay as he ill struggle to find another club at this level, he will not play though, he is not good enough.
Loanees and short-termers for next season on 08:17 - Apr 12 with 4085 viewsHerbivore

Loanees and short-termers for next season on 01:31 - Apr 12 by harlingblue

I would like CCV on a season long loan (if out of our range to buy), likewise Celina.
Cotter will be a far better footballing full back than either Iorfa, Emanuel or Spence.
Connolly has performed well in midfield, and if surplus to Everton, should be bought, if not Downes will take this his role.
Keeping on the 'C' theme, Carayol is a typical winger and with lightening pace, well worth a season long contract, with perhaps a personal trainer to keep him fit.
Perhaps 'The Cowley Bros' are in your thoughts as Managers? Ex PE Teachers that know how to get teams organised and fit enough to win. Just a thought?

I'm definitely not thinking about the Cowley's being managers. They're above Pardew and Sherwood in my list of possible managers but below pretty much everyone else.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024