Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why Cowleys? 08:54 - Apr 12 with 4692 viewsBobby_Petta

Why do a lot of fans what the Cowleys? They play long ball, not exactly going to bring free flowing passing football? No experience at playing or managing at this level. Better young managers with a better style out there. Don't see the point of replacing McCarthy with someone who plays the same type of football?
Why Cowleys? on 08:56 - Apr 12 with 4673 viewsBrightonBlue

Unless they can adapt style. However, Jones, Cook or Hurst for me.
Why Cowleys? on 09:00 - Apr 12 with 4650 viewsBlueNomad

Why Cowleys? on 08:56 - Apr 12 by BrightonBlue

Jones for me
Why Cowleys? on 09:04 - Apr 12 with 4628 viewskeanekipper

I dont think it a chalk and cheese appointment would be wise, the squad is very much geard to play the mccarthy way.

We need someone in the middle ground of styles, as the new manager is not going to get the budget for a squad overhaul. But i agree the cowleys wouldnt be my first choice unless they can adapt their style.(their success makes them a good option though) Im really struggling to name someone i would prefer to be manager currently.
Why Cowleys? on 09:08 - Apr 12 with 4618 viewshype313

I think it would be quite a refreshing appointment if we got the Cowleys, 1 Play Off run in 13 years is tiresome, people have had enough of bimbling along, as we can see with the attendances. It's a gamble with them, but I'd be happy if they came, seem like very intelligent guys who could adapt to numerous scenarios.

However, as Phil mentioned, sounds like they are in for the foreseeable at Lincoln.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Why Cowleys? on 09:22 - Apr 12 with 4577 viewsGuthrum

Why Cowleys? on 09:08 - Apr 12 by hype313

I think it would be quite a refreshing appointment if we got the Cowleys, 1 Play Off run in 13 years is tiresome, people have had enough of bimbling along, as we can see with the attendances. It's a gamble with them, but I'd be happy if they came, seem like very intelligent guys who could adapt to numerous scenarios.

However, as Phil mentioned, sounds like they are in for the foreseeable at Lincoln.

I'd like the Cowleys to get a bit more experience before seriously considering them for a Championship job.

Currently, their achievements are not dissimilar to Steve Cotterill while he was at Cheltenham - remarkable success in non-League and getting promoted to the fourth tier (indeed to the third, in his case). Likewise galvanised the town behind the club. But his record as a manager at our level is distinctly patchy.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Why Cowleys? on 09:24 - Apr 12 with 4569 viewsBobby_Petta

I agree Hurst, Cook or Jones. I know a Luton fan, they love Jones style, passing and attacking football. If they can play this style in league 2, I Don't think it would take long to adapt to a different style with better players.They also play that way in the academy. Who ever it might be, fans will need to be patient and give the new man time.
Why Cowleys? on 09:28 - Apr 12 with 4555 viewshype313

Why Cowleys? on 09:22 - Apr 12 by Guthrum

I'd like the Cowleys to get a bit more experience before seriously considering them for a Championship job.

Currently, their achievements are not dissimilar to Steve Cotterill while he was at Cheltenham - remarkable success in non-League and getting promoted to the fourth tier (indeed to the third, in his case). Likewise galvanised the town behind the club. But his record as a manager at our level is distinctly patchy.

From what I can gather that's how they feel too, this job has probably come up a season or two early for them.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Why Cowleys? on 10:33 - Apr 12 with 4472 viewsevansblue

Why Cowleys? on 09:28 - Apr 12 by hype313

From what I can gather that's how they feel too, this job has probably come up a season or two early for them.

Was chatting with a family member of theirs earlier and they were approached but have no interest and won’t be coming. Concerns were the constraints they would have to work with in the Champ amongst lots of other things.

Another thing he said was that they get on really well with Mick, they respect him, and concerns that if he struggled, what type of set up is it they would be walking in to.

I imagine it’s a far simpler operation where they are and I had not really thought of how attractive or unattractive we look to potential managers as of course I am biased like all town fans.
Login to get fewer ads

Why Cowleys? on 10:34 - Apr 12 with 4459 viewsITFC_Forever

Why Cowleys? on 09:24 - Apr 12 by Bobby_Petta

I agree Hurst, Cook or Jones. I know a Luton fan, they love Jones style, passing and attacking football. If they can play this style in league 2, I Don't think it would take long to adapt to a different style with better players.They also play that way in the academy. Who ever it might be, fans will need to be patient and give the new man time.

Either of the three you mention in your first sentence or Mogga would be my choice as well.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Why Cowleys? on 10:42 - Apr 12 with 4441 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Because they’re young and they beat us in the FA Cup.

And that’s it.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Why Cowleys? on 10:44 - Apr 12 with 4435 viewsPJH

Why Cowleys? on 10:42 - Apr 12 by Cheltenham_Blue

And that’s it.

and The North Stand would not have to learn a new word-they can still say "hoof".
Why Cowleys? on 10:48 - Apr 12 with 4424 viewsGeoffSentence

Why Cowleys? on 09:00 - Apr 12 by BlueNomad

Jones for me

Cook and Jones for me and if we could get matlock and Lydon too, that would be pretty much a dream team.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Why Cowleys? on 11:01 - Apr 12 with 4385 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Why Cowleys? on 10:48 - Apr 12 by GeoffSentence

Cook and Jones for me and if we could get matlock and Lydon too, that would be pretty much a dream team.

There would be absolute anarchy if that team were in charge....

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Why Cowleys? on 12:10 - Apr 12 with 4305 viewsBobby_Petta

Why Cowleys? on 10:42 - Apr 12 by Cheltenham_Blue

And that’s it.

Agree sorry didn't mark u down. I was to mark u up! Bloody phones!
Why Cowleys? on 20:08 - Apr 12 with 4098 viewsJohnyJohnson

Hurst for me, based purely n this article someone else shared a few days ago.... http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11719/11095976/paul-hurst-interview-shrew

6/1 now http://www.thesackrace.com/teams/ipswich-town
Why Cowleys? on 20:26 - Apr 12 with 4072 viewsVic

Agreed, and given Klug and others at the club have spoken to ME I can’t see them being appointed.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Why Cowleys? on 20:28 - Apr 12 with 4066 viewsspiderman

Why Cowleys? on 08:56 - Apr 12 by BrightonBlue

im right with you on those choices! i would like mogga,but he aint coming here?
Why Cowleys? on 20:29 - Apr 12 with 4063 viewsgainsboroughblue

Why Cowleys? on 11:01 - Apr 12 by southnorfolkblue

There would be absolute anarchy if that team were in charge....

Well, the managerial position is pretty vacant.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Why Cowleys? on 23:42 - Apr 12 with 3935 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Why Cowleys? on 20:29 - Apr 12 by gainsboroughblue

Well, the managerial position is pretty vacant.

That’s because the likely candidates are all having their holidays in the sun at the moment.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2018 23:43]

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Why Cowleys? on 08:22 - Apr 13 with 3841 viewsMaySixth

Would be a terrible appointment

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024