Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is your worst experience meeting a town player? 14:42 - Apr 12 with 25852 viewsSimonCleggsNeck

Mine was meeting Paul Taylor in a bar, nasty little scrote he is, swearing and gobbing on the floor.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2018 14:44]

Poll: Would you join in with a ‘Marcus Evans is a ****, he hates Ipswich’ chant?

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 14:44 - Apr 12 with 7038 viewsSpruceMoose

Held the door open for Richard Naylor once in the toilet of Pals. He said thanks.

The worst part was that I wasn't brave enough to try and take a peek at his wanger. Bitter regrets.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 14:46 - Apr 12 with 6979 viewsDarth_Koont

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 14:44 - Apr 12 by SpruceMoose

Held the door open for Richard Naylor once in the toilet of Pals. He said thanks.

The worst part was that I wasn't brave enough to try and take a peek at his wanger. Bitter regrets.

Picture an uncooked Lincolnshire sausage on a bed of grated carrot.

Pronouns: He/Him

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 14:47 - Apr 12 with 6963 viewsSpruceMoose

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 14:46 - Apr 12 by Darth_Koont

No meatballs?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 14:47 - Apr 12 with 6969 viewsPJH

Worst for me was as an 11 or 12 year old being told by Ted Phillips "Your pen has run out boy".
I got his autograph several times before and after that though.
What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 14:49 - Apr 12 with 6936 viewsDarth_Koont

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 14:47 - Apr 12 by SpruceMoose

No meatballs?

Sure. If picturing it from below helps.

Pronouns: He/Him

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 14:49 - Apr 12 with 6950 viewsLord_Lucan

I think my only bad experiences are Bobby Robson calling me a hooligan and being in the same pub as Danny Sonner.

It was The Town House and he was p1ssed and on his own and kept walking up and down and shouting his name out. He really was quite the idiot.

Aside from that I can't really think of any bad experiences - although Chris Kiwomya was a bit taken aback recently when I said he looked a bit like David Johnson.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 14:50 - Apr 12 with 6930 viewsDanFord

I was at a party hosted by a girl I'd been after for ages and things were finally starting to go somewhere. We had shared a kiss the week before and I attended expecting to stay long into the night and I was fully prepared shall we say in case I ended up staying over or if she felt the need to show me her bedroom at any stage. A few drinks in after we'd danced and it was all going very nicely, I found her outside with Darren Ambrose and they were doing far more than I'd ever managed to do with her in months of pursuing. Bear in mind this is young Ambrose was a fair few years younger than us and it was while he was still going through the late teens bad skin phase and I was pretty confident I was the looker of the two of us. I was totally gutted and it made it difficult to me to cheer him on as much as I'd wanted! Haha. I'm cool with it now mind as looking back I think she was the type that liked the fact he was a footballer regardless of whether he had the personality of a bag of crayons (he seemed like a nice lad tbf) and against even Graham Harbey she'd have picked him.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2018 14:53]

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 14:51 - Apr 12 with 6905 viewsPJH

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 14:49 - Apr 12 by Lord_Lucan

I think my only bad experiences are Bobby Robson calling me a hooligan and being in the same pub as Danny Sonner.

It was The Town House and he was p1ssed and on his own and kept walking up and down and shouting his name out. He really was quite the idiot.

Aside from that I can't really think of any bad experiences - although Chris Kiwomya was a bit taken aback recently when I said he looked a bit like David Johnson.

Which David Johnson?
Login to get fewer ads

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 14:53 - Apr 12 with 6885 viewsLord_Lucan

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 14:50 - Apr 12 by DanFord

I was at a party hosted by a girl I'd been after for ages and things were finally starting to go somewhere. We had shared a kiss the week before and I attended expecting to stay long into the night and I was fully prepared shall we say in case I ended up staying over or if she felt the need to show me her bedroom at any stage. A few drinks in after we'd danced and it was all going very nicely, I found her outside with Darren Ambrose and they were doing far more than I'd ever managed to do with her in months of pursuing. Bear in mind this is young Ambrose was a fair few years younger than us and it was while he was still going through the late teens bad skin phase and I was pretty confident I was the looker of the two of us. I was totally gutted and it made it difficult to me to cheer him on as much as I'd wanted! Haha. I'm cool with it now mind as looking back I think she was the type that liked the fact he was a footballer regardless of whether he had the personality of a bag of crayons (he seemed like a nice lad tbf) and against even Graham Harbey she'd have picked him.

I always thought he batted for the other side.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 14:54 - Apr 12 with 6855 viewsPJH

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 14:53 - Apr 12 by Lord_Lucan

Hairdresser-nudge,nudge know what I mean?
What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 14:55 - Apr 12 with 6841 viewsJ2BLUE

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 14:46 - Apr 12 by Darth_Koont

Mine's more like a really well cooked cocktail sausage buried under some black bean noodles.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 14:55 - Apr 12 with 6836 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 14:50 - Apr 12 by DanFord

I must admit to now assuming you look like Luke Chadwick or Sloth from the Goonies
What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 14:56 - Apr 12 with 6835 viewsDeano69

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 14:51 - Apr 12 by PJH

Which David Johnson?

cant see it myself

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 14:56 - Apr 12 with 6831 viewshoppy

Never knew you were a doorman?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 14:57 - Apr 12 with 6831 viewsTIB

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 14:49 - Apr 12 by Lord_Lucan

Met Warky when I was about 6 years old...told him I supported Man Utd and I just remember this big old tache leaning down towards me and calling me a c**t...that's a lie...he gave me a patronising rub on the head.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 14:57 - Apr 12 with 6822 viewsPJH

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 14:56 - Apr 12 by Deano69

cant see it myself

Not even without the beard?
What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 14:57 - Apr 12 with 6822 viewsGeoffSentence

John Peddelty ruffling my hair and saying, in the most patronising manner, "well played little fellows" after he had scored a hat trick against us for Ipswich Police who won the game 3-0.

Still i have had my hair ruffled by a former Ipswich player, how many people can say that?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 14:58 - Apr 12 with 6799 viewsSpruceMoose

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 14:55 - Apr 12 by J2BLUE

Mine's more like a really well cooked cocktail sausage buried under some black bean noodles.

Not content with ruining food for the rest of us, now you're ruining the beauty of the male body for our female posters?

Have you no shame?

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 14:59 - Apr 12 with 6784 viewsSpruceMoose

Get this thread in while you can lads, I reckon sooner or later something is going to be posted which will have the fury of Phil's lawyers raining down on us.

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 14:59 - Apr 12 with 6776 viewsJ2BLUE

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 14:58 - Apr 12 by SpruceMoose

Not content with ruining food for the rest of us, now you're ruining the beauty of the male body for our female posters?

Have you no shame?

You can't polish a turd, just being honest.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:00 - Apr 12 with 6775 viewsGeoffSentence

Oh and Phil Whelan jumping the queue at the bar in the Centre Spot by poking his arm over my head and asking for "another one in there please love"

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:01 - Apr 12 with 6762 viewsSteve_M

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 14:53 - Apr 12 by Lord_Lucan

Maybe Dan missed out twice that night?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:01 - Apr 12 with 6754 viewsSpruceMoose

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:00 - Apr 12 by GeoffSentence

Oh and Phil Whelan jumping the queue at the bar in the Centre Spot by poking his arm over my head and asking for "another one in there please love"

I wonder how many of our current squad actually live in Ipswich, let alone frequent the boozers on offer. The way things have been this seen, must be far more hassle than it's worth going out in town.

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:03 - Apr 12 with 6736 viewsclive_baker

Not a Town player, and I never met him, so off topic completely, but about 4 years ago in my single days I got talking to a girl in a bar in Shoreditch, we got on quite well and I must admit I did fancy her. She said she was from Norwich so had a bit of common ground in both being from East Anglia etc. I didn't think much of it then. Anyway we saw each other a few times after that and it was only on about date 3 or 4 that she said she had a confession (I must've mentioned I support Ipswich at some point). Her dad was / is a retired Norwich footballer. Not just a fleeting season or something either, probably classed a legend there (not that he's got much competition to be fair). It was never going to work after that. Shame, she was nice other than that.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:04 - Apr 12 with 6713 viewsLord_Lucan

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 14:55 - Apr 12 by J2BLUE

Mine used to be a massive German sausage

Nowadays it's like one of those milk bottle sweets.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024