Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Toxic town 18:42 - Apr 12 with 9220 viewsspringfield

Sick of town supporters
Booing players and annihilating player's confidence
Zero atmosphere at games for years and years
Hounding the manager
What's happened is a disgrace
Whether or not you think MM and TC were good or bad, for fans to turn on the club is wrong
No decent youth/player/manager will come here now if there's an alternative on the table
There's no point blaming MM/Milne/Evans ... it's toxic town fans that are the root cause of where we're at
And before anyone starts with the "buying a season ticket gives me the right to complain" garbage. No it doesn't. It just buys you the right to watch. If you wanna have a say on how the club is run, invest. Buy some shares. Then you'll have that right.

The mindless few have spread their toxic point of view and got what they want. Now lets put this embarrassing period of ITFC behind and start getting behind the team before it really is too late.

(and for the record, it was defo time for MM to go, just NOT in this manner)
Toxic town on 18:57 - Apr 12 with 6524 viewsBinner

I fully agree.

The behaviour of some of our fellow supporters has been shameful. Now I fear that the manner of McCarthy's departure is likely to embolden some of our knuckle-draggers into similar treatment of the new manager as soon as a few performances are not good enough as they see it or when a player has a run of poor form.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Toxic town on 19:00 - Apr 12 with 6512 viewsEastAngliasNo1

" If you wanna have a say on how the club is run, invest. Buy some shares. Then you'll have that right."

How do I go about doing this? Will my input change anything on the pitch if I do?
Toxic town on 19:02 - Apr 12 with 6502 viewsBlueBadger

Toxic town on 18:57 - Apr 12 by Binner

I fully agree.

The behaviour of some of our fellow supporters has been shameful. Now I fear that the manner of McCarthy's departure is likely to embolden some of our knuckle-draggers into similar treatment of the new manager as soon as a few performances are not good enough as they see it or when a player has a run of poor form.

I remember a few week ago a few laments of 'why can't we be more like West Ham fans' after the pitch invasion. Well, congratulations lads, you;ve taken your first step to being more like West Ham fans.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Toxic town on 19:03 - Apr 12 with 6496 viewsBlueBadger

Toxic town on 19:00 - Apr 12 by EastAngliasNo1

" If you wanna have a say on how the club is run, invest. Buy some shares. Then you'll have that right."

How do I go about doing this? Will my input change anything on the pitch if I do?

Difficult to say. It'll do a lot more good or, in a worst case scenario, a lot less wrong than deciding that you're going o throw abuse at a bloke who's already lost his job.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Toxic town on 19:05 - Apr 12 with 6493 viewsGeoffSentence

Yep that will help.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Toxic town on 19:05 - Apr 12 with 6496 viewsBlueBadger

Toxic town on 18:57 - Apr 12 by Binner

I fully agree.

I tell you what, i's really easy to ID the numbskulls at the moment by their down-voting habits.

Toxic town on 19:08 - Apr 12 with 6483 viewsSpruceMoose

Toxic town on 19:05 - Apr 12 by BlueBadger

I tell you what, i's really easy to ID the numbskulls at the moment by their down-voting habits.

Gav has inadvertently devised a very efficient moron census.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Toxic town on 19:14 - Apr 12 with 6453 viewsBluespeed225

Toxic town on 19:02 - Apr 12 by BlueBadger

I remember a few week ago a few laments of 'why can't we be more like West Ham fans' after the pitch invasion. Well, congratulations lads, you;ve taken your first step to being more like West Ham fans.

tbf, their numbskull ratio is a lot higher.
Login to get fewer ads

Toxic town on 19:49 - Apr 12 with 6396 viewsJohnny_Boy

Toxic town on 19:05 - Apr 12 by BlueBadger

Numbskulls or 'mindless idiots'

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/mick-mccarthy-labels
Toxic town on 19:58 - Apr 12 with 6360 viewsblue75

Do as a share holder I can criticise the club? Surely is this country we have freedom of speech and you can say what you dam well want?

Poll: Should McCarthy be sacked after telling Ipswich fans where to go?

Toxic town on 20:00 - Apr 12 with 6347 viewsSpruceMoose

Toxic town on 19:58 - Apr 12 by blue75

Do as a share holder I can criticise the club? Surely is this country we have freedom of speech and you can say what you dam well want?

Doesn't mean anyone has to pay attention to you. (Damn).

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Toxic town on 20:02 - Apr 12 with 6332 viewsblue75

Toxic town on 20:00 - Apr 12 by SpruceMoose

Doesn't mean anyone has to pay attention to you. (Damn).

There’s always people to pay attention to a loud mouth just look at today’s society.

Toxic town on 20:03 - Apr 12 with 6327 viewsSpruceMoose

Toxic town on 20:02 - Apr 12 by blue75

There’s always people to pay attention to a loud mouth just look at today’s society.

Pardon?

Toxic town on 20:05 - Apr 12 with 6321 viewsblue75

Toxic town on 20:03 - Apr 12 by SpruceMoose

Pardon?

That’s quite alright.

Toxic town on 20:05 - Apr 12 with 6316 viewsSpruceMoose

Toxic town on 20:05 - Apr 12 by blue75

That’s quite alright.

Are you the loud mouth in this scenario? I'm confused.

Toxic town on 20:07 - Apr 12 with 6311 viewsblue75

Toxic town on 20:05 - Apr 12 by SpruceMoose

Are you the loud mouth in this scenario? I'm confused.

No but there’s always people to listen to them and follow just look at today’s Labour Party full of millennials and snowflakes.

Toxic town on 20:12 - Apr 12 with 6301 viewsSpruceMoose

Toxic town on 20:07 - Apr 12 by blue75

No but there’s always people to listen to them and follow just look at today’s Labour Party full of millennials and snowflakes.

But... you started your posts by saying it's a free country and people can say what they like. Or does that only apply to the people you like?

You seem a bit confused.

Toxic town on 20:16 - Apr 12 with 6293 viewsbluejacko

Can you please tell us all what players have been booed? All has been aimed squarely at MM.
Of course there hasn’t been any atmosphere it has been sucked out of us by boring mindless football!
A few mindless chants about the quality of football is hardly ‘toxic’
Yes it did go over the top at Brentford by a few idiots but the majority of fans had nothing to do with it.
I think that the thousands that have stayed away has had more impact than a few mouthing off with the hierarchy at the club.
All clubs have their idiots but please remember that those chanting in the SBR are not all nasty but just expressing their opinion on the quality of football on display.
Toxic town on 20:18 - Apr 12 with 6281 viewsSpruceMoose

Toxic town on 20:16 - Apr 12 by bluejacko

Can you please tell us all what players have been booed? All has been aimed squarely at MM.
Of course there hasn’t been any atmosphere it has been sucked out of us by boring mindless football!
Yes it did go over the top at Brentford by a few idiots but the majority of fans had nothing to do with it.
I think that the thousands that have stayed away has had more impact than a few mouthing off with the hierarchy at the club.
All clubs have their idiots but please remember that those chanting in the SBR are not all nasty but just expressing their opinion on the quality of football on display.

How does chanting that MM is a child abuser express any concerns about the quality of football?

Toxic town on 20:58 - Apr 12 with 6208 viewsPinewoodblue

It really is time for you to move on. Your so called toxic fans are not the root cause. The root cause has been the poor quality of entertainment on offer at Portman road and the failure of the owner &/or Manager to do anything about it.

The same reason why a significant number of season ticket holders have been staying away. You really do need to get rid of your negative vibes as if you don't it isn't going to be easy for you to look forward to the future enjoyment that will be on offer.

PS Shares in the football club are not available to purchase although you might find someone willing to sell shares in the old company that owns 12.5% of the club shares.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Toxic town on 21:06 - Apr 12 with 6187 viewsfactual_blue

How do the players know you're not booing them? Do you hold a placard up?

Booing is a blunderbuss - indiscriminately hitting all anywhere remotely near its path.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Toxic town on 21:09 - Apr 12 with 6175 viewsbluejacko

Toxic town on 20:18 - Apr 12 by SpruceMoose

How does chanting that MM is a child abuser express any concerns about the quality of football?

If you bothered to read my post properly you would see I condemned that chant and said that was over the top!
Toxic town on 21:10 - Apr 12 with 6170 viewsolimar

Knudsen was booed on Saturday. Seemingly because he said he liked the manager and would need to know whether the new manager liked him to know his long term future.
Toxic town on 21:11 - Apr 12 with 6165 viewsbluejacko

Toxic town on 21:06 - Apr 12 by factual_blue

How do the players know you're not booing them? Do you hold a placard up?

Booing is a blunderbuss - indiscriminately hitting all anywhere remotely near its path.

Well unless the players are living in a bubble I think they knew what was happening.
Toxic town on 21:18 - Apr 12 with 6130 viewsBlueBadger

Do you reckon Team Numbskull have a rota system or they just have an alarm and the first one to respond to a 'people being pointlessly abusive are d1ckheads comment' gets the gig?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024