Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Head Lice.. 21:05 - Apr 12 with 1995 viewsBlueastheycome

An unfortunate occupational hazard for me in the role I do working with children.

There’s an outbreak at the moment and now I’m paranoid as hell.

Myself being a bloke I can’t be assed to fart around with something from the the chemist, fine combing etc.

Can I resolve the issue by shaving all my hair off and sporting a skinhead?

Logically that would appear to make sense to absolutley not get them but I just thought I’d put it forward to TWTD in case I’m missing a trick about eggs remain and lay dormant on the skin or some boolocks.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2018 21:20]
Head Lice.. on 21:19 - Apr 12 with 1942 viewsFixed_It

I think eggs on your bollox would suggest pubic lice...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Head Lice.. on 21:22 - Apr 12 with 1932 viewsLord_Lucan

I would assume that if you shaved it (proper wet shave) and kept it like that you wouldn't have lice.

Can't you just get medicated shampoo? Or stick your bonce in some bleach.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Head Lice.. on 21:23 - Apr 12 with 1927 viewsWicklowBlue

My little one keeps getting them from school too. Evidently there is one child whose parents just don't treat their kid.

Nothing to worry about though it's easy to pop to the chemist and get a treatment. Treat your hair wash it out and comb job done. Then do it again in 7 days to be sure....you won't have weavels burying into your skull and infecting your mind!
Head Lice.. on 21:26 - Apr 12 with 1912 viewshampstead_blue

by reading and replying to this post do I now have to have my hair checked?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Head Lice.. on 21:59 - Apr 12 with 1870 viewsBloomBlue

If you shave your head don't you run the danger of them going to the nearest hairy place they can find, suggest also shaving the boolocks
Head Lice.. on 22:25 - Apr 12 with 1815 viewsBilly_Blue_boy

Head Lice.. on 21:59 - Apr 12 by BloomBlue

If you shave your head don't you run the danger of them going to the nearest hairy place they can find, suggest also shaving the boolocks

After shaving said area I would advise a quick wash with some mint + tea tree shower gel, very refreshing..
Head Lice.. on 01:07 - Apr 13 with 1745 viewsRyorry

Head Lice.. on 21:19 - Apr 12 by Fixed_It

I think eggs on your bollox would suggest pubic lice...

I owe you a pint, was in need of a laugh!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Head Lice.. on 10:31 - Apr 13 with 1627 viewsYaffle

Worth remembering that headlice can't jump or fly they can only crawl, albeit quite fast, so you would have to make hair/head to head contact for them to travel across. I can't imagine you are getting that close to the kids so should be fine.

Our daughter had them for months at lower school, we treated her time and time again but still, they came. It was a definite case of RTFM, we ended up treating every three days for 2 weeks until we had actually defeated the little sods. The treatments kill the lice but not the eggs so you have to retreat multiple times to interrupt their lifecycle.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024