Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where’s our perspective? 06:25 - Apr 13 with 7173 viewsKeaneish

I find it staggering how many people think a minority of our fan base have caused MM to leave. Sure there’s a few who have been vociferous in their approach to wanting change and while booing is indefensible it’s hardly what has ‘forced’ change at this club. Attendances have plummeted, we’ve stagnated, the entertainment is dire and the cost of this too high. From a commercial and football perspective it’s been disaterous yet huge swathes of people are concerned with a perception that our names have been tarnished in the media. Really? I think there are far bigger concerns with the way this club is being run than whether those from the outside looking in think a minority are unruly. Who cares? All supporter groups have the inarticulate who spontaneously vent at any given opportunity, the game is still tribal with working class roots (I’m sure someone will jump all over this point)

Can we have a bit of focus on here and regroup ahead of next season. Some of this outpouring and finger pointing isn’t getting anywhere near the real problems this club has, which for me stem from the way the club is being run, not from those who attend who haven’t the ability to channel there frustration in a meaningful way.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Where’s our perspective? on 06:29 - Apr 13 with 5315 viewsBenters2

It was a game for the working classes,sadly now that has gone.
Where’s our perspective? on 06:40 - Apr 13 with 5273 viewsHerbivore

Where’s our perspective? on 06:29 - Apr 13 by Benters2

It was a game for the working classes,sadly now that has gone.

Eh?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Where’s our perspective? on 06:50 - Apr 13 with 5252 viewsBenters2

Where’s our perspective? on 06:40 - Apr 13 by Herbivore

Eh?

What do you mean eh?
Where’s our perspective? on 06:58 - Apr 13 with 5244 viewstrncbluearmy

Exactly this.
The self righteous bleating on here really is, I suppose, a reflection on modern day society which sucks.
So the working class lads did turn out and yes a lot of the chants were over the top,but that is always the case when things reach a certain level, running onto the pitch,sitting on the center spot and refusing to move when protesting against John Duncan was over the top but I was young then.
If MM was going to dish out abuse directly to the fans there was always going to be a come back,who started it was irrelevant.
The real culprit has been ME right from the start he got rid of a hard core of people who would have advised him well,he took advice from people who had no idea about Ipswich Town and that has one way or another lead as to where we are today.
I hope that this time he listens to the likes of Mills,Burley,Butcher,Sheepy etc. The fan base have made it crystal what we don`t want,they know what we do want.
Where’s our perspective? on 07:01 - Apr 13 with 5221 viewsBenters2

Where’s our perspective? on 06:58 - Apr 13 by trncbluearmy

Exactly this.
The self righteous bleating on here really is, I suppose, a reflection on modern day society which sucks.
So the working class lads did turn out and yes a lot of the chants were over the top,but that is always the case when things reach a certain level, running onto the pitch,sitting on the center spot and refusing to move when protesting against John Duncan was over the top but I was young then.
If MM was going to dish out abuse directly to the fans there was always going to be a come back,who started it was irrelevant.
The real culprit has been ME right from the start he got rid of a hard core of people who would have advised him well,he took advice from people who had no idea about Ipswich Town and that has one way or another lead as to where we are today.
I hope that this time he listens to the likes of Mills,Burley,Butcher,Sheepy etc. The fan base have made it crystal what we don`t want,they know what we do want.

Great stuff.
Where’s our perspective? on 07:07 - Apr 13 with 5202 viewsBlueLikeJazz

Where’s our perspective? on 07:01 - Apr 13 by Benters2

Great stuff.

It's 'great stuff' to equate being working class with being ignorant and unplesant?? Righto... *rolls eyes*
Where’s our perspective? on 07:07 - Apr 13 with 5201 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Do people really think that though?

As far as I can tell there are plenty who think Mick generally did a good job, however there seem to be very few fans left who didn’t think it was now time for a change

Wasn’t on much yesterday so possible I may have missed a thread or 2 though

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Where’s our perspective? on 07:09 - Apr 13 with 5185 viewsHerbivore

Where’s our perspective? on 06:50 - Apr 13 by Benters2

What do you mean eh?

Can you explain what you're on about? Do working class people think it's okay to hurl abuse at people or something?

Login to get fewer ads

Where’s our perspective? on 07:10 - Apr 13 with 5187 viewsBenters2

Where’s our perspective? on 07:01 - Apr 13 by Benters2

Great stuff.

Still following me about Blueallover! Funny how you gave me a downie (YET AGAIN) and not the person who made that post?
Where’s our perspective? on 07:11 - Apr 13 with 5177 viewsHerbivore

Where’s our perspective? on 06:58 - Apr 13 by trncbluearmy

Exactly this.

Another one equating being working class with being a c*nt. Unreal.

Where’s our perspective? on 07:12 - Apr 13 with 5169 viewsBenters2

Where’s our perspective? on 07:09 - Apr 13 by Herbivore

Can you explain what you're on about? Do working class people think it's okay to hurl abuse at people or something?

Thankfully i am going to work in a minute i will be back at lunch time.
Where’s our perspective? on 07:15 - Apr 13 with 5159 viewsBlueLikeJazz

Where’s our perspective? on 07:12 - Apr 13 by Benters2

Any chance at all of you actually answering a question honestly for once in your life?
Where’s our perspective? on 07:16 - Apr 13 with 5156 viewsHerbivore

Where’s our perspective? on 07:12 - Apr 13 by Benters2

So you're going for your usual approach of chatting absolute sh!t and then running away as soon as you're pulled up on it. Classy.

Where’s our perspective? on 07:16 - Apr 13 with 5152 viewsBlueAllOver

Where’s our perspective? on 07:10 - Apr 13 by Benters2

Still following me about Blueallover! Funny how you gave me a downie (YET AGAIN) and not the person who made that post?

Not true, please check more carefully thought you had me on ignore old boy?
Where’s our perspective? on 07:20 - Apr 13 with 5150 viewsJohnny_Boy

Surely it was the fans AVOIDING Portman Road was what effectively saw his fate & the reasoning Marcus didn't want him to stay. The idea of just 7,000 ST's getting sold for the new season simply wasn't worth the risk.

The nasty chants from a few idiots weren't great. But that wasn't the underlying reasoning for his departure.

Anyway, I seem to remember the same wonderful Ipswich fans booing Sam Parkin, Matt Richards and a raft of other players - long before Mick was even at the club. So it's always happened.

I remember a TWTD 10 pager where somebody dared to suggest booing was un-constructive to the manager & team. That particular poster (who will remain nameless) was laughed out of town. 'How can a few boos affect seasoned professionals in the pitch' was the general consensus. All changed now.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2018 7:32]
Where’s our perspective? on 07:22 - Apr 13 with 5131 viewsHerbivore

Where’s our perspective? on 07:20 - Apr 13 by Johnny_Boy

Surely it was the fans AVOIDING Portman Road was what effectively saw his fate & the reasoning Marcus didn't want him to stay. The idea of just 7,000 ST's getting sold for the new season simply wasn't worth the risk.

The nasty chants from a few idiots weren't great. But that wasn't the underlying reasoning for his departure.

Anyway, I seem to remember the same wonderful Ipswich fans booing Sam Parkin, Matt Richards and a raft of other players - long before Mick was even at the club. So it's always happened.

I remember a TWTD 10 pager where somebody dared to suggest booing was un-constructive to the manager & team. That particular poster (who will remain nameless) was laughed out of town. 'How can a few boos affect seasoned professionals in the pitch' was the general consensus. All changed now.

Were any of them accused of touching kids? I like how the numbskulls have rewritten last Saturday as being just a few boos.

Where’s our perspective? on 07:24 - Apr 13 with 5116 viewsJohnny_Boy

Where’s our perspective? on 07:10 - Apr 13 by Benters2

Don't worry, he sent me a rather s4itty PM a few months back saying how he'd love Mick to stay in charge forever.

He must still be upset.
Where’s our perspective? on 07:28 - Apr 13 with 5098 viewsJohnny_Boy

Where’s our perspective? on 07:22 - Apr 13 by Herbivore

Were any of them accused of touching kids? I like how the numbskulls have rewritten last Saturday as being just a few boos.

Your ire is with the people that made those chants, not the people that simply had enough with his football.

Surely you can distinguish between those.

At the moment, you are essentially insisting everyone that wanted Mick to leave should be ashamed of themselves. But you said he had to leave too.
Where’s our perspective? on 07:31 - Apr 13 with 5083 viewsHerbivore

Where’s our perspective? on 07:28 - Apr 13 by Johnny_Boy

Your ire is with the people that made those chants, not the people that simply had enough with his football.

Surely you can distinguish between those.

At the moment, you are essentially insisting everyone that wanted Mick to leave should be ashamed of themselves. But you said he had to leave too.

My ire is aimed at those who carried out the abuse and those who are minimising or excusing it. It was inexcusable behaviour.

Where’s our perspective? on 07:33 - Apr 13 with 5075 viewstortoise

Where’s our perspective? on 07:20 - Apr 13 by Johnny_Boy

This is exactly the case. Well done for making this point. If there had been 20,000 there and some abuse nothing would have changed. A threat to revenue is what did it. I just hope those pr1cks who shouted all the abuse don’t think they actually achieved anything.
Where’s our perspective? on 07:38 - Apr 13 with 5052 viewsJohnny_Boy

Where’s our perspective? on 07:31 - Apr 13 by Herbivore

My ire is aimed at those who carried out the abuse and those who are minimising or excusing it. It was inexcusable behaviour.

I'm not excusing it. Enough people are insisting they witnessed/heard it. Why weren't seat numbers noted. How come further action wasn't taken? Ban them. I don't care.

I'd also like those that sing No Surrender at PR to be banned too. The f'king idiots that sing the Fashanu song also...lifetime bans.
Where’s our perspective? on 07:41 - Apr 13 with 5027 viewsJohnny_Boy

Where’s our perspective? on 07:33 - Apr 13 by tortoise

This is exactly the case. Well done for making this point. If there had been 20,000 there and some abuse nothing would have changed. A threat to revenue is what did it. I just hope those pr1cks who shouted all the abuse don’t think they actually achieved anything.

Again, I am not defending those vile chants.
No place for that.

Nor were the Saville chants acceptable towards the Rotherham or Leeds fans.

But they were excused.
Where’s our perspective? on 07:57 - Apr 13 with 4959 viewsBenters2

Where’s our perspective? on 07:24 - Apr 13 by Johnny_Boy

Don't worry, he sent me a rather s4itty PM a few months back saying how he'd love Mick to stay in charge forever.

He must still be upset.

I got one the other month from him accusing me of grooming him ffs !
Where’s our perspective? on 09:08 - Apr 13 with 4858 viewsGuthrum

I think fan hostility - and probably some degree of frustration - were the triggers for the departure from McCarthy's side. That's not quite the same as saying they "forced him out", think he took it as syptomatic that things had gone stale, in some senses he'd done as much as he could at Town. Hence his language about things "running their natural course" and "coming to an end".

The falling attendances was almost certainly what did it for Evans.

I agree entirely that there are other, far deeper issues contributing to ITFC's woes - some of them structural in English (even World) football as a whole.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Where’s our perspective? on 09:14 - Apr 13 with 4839 viewsITFC_Forever

Because we don't want us as fans to have our good name tarnished?

Whether you believe it or not, potential players will have heard about what's been going on and the atmosphere at recent games and will think to themselves "why do I want to go and play in that environment".

It has to stop and now.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024