Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Proud of our RAF 09:11 - Apr 14 with 31254 viewsBloomBlue

Once again you did your role with honour and professionalism. Being part of you when I first left school was the best part of my life. Fantastic job.
Proud of our RAF on 09:56 - Apr 15 with 5038 viewsbrogansnose

Proud of our RAF on 09:48 - Apr 15 by NewcyBlue

There are medics, catering, logistics, linguists, analysts, and a whole host of other background staff that people join up to do believing they can make a difference.

They will never have to kill people, they could save lives, even by just verifying a piece of intel.

I don’t feel proud. I don’t not feel proud. I am just aware.

Not enough is made of the forces picking up refugees from the Med, setting up schools in Afghanistan, aid work in Africa....................Theres a long list of stuff of what they do that comes nowhere near to shooting people up.
Proud of our RAF on 10:29 - Apr 15 with 5006 viewsBloomBlue

Proud of our RAF on 09:52 - Apr 15 by Harry_Palmer

Yeah fair point, don't think those are the people the OP was referring to though.

I was referring to the RAF. The pilot doesn't do everything in the RAF there is a huge group of people arranging, organising, coordinating. Even to the point of the people catering for them need to make sure they're eating the right food. Without that the pilot is nothing. That's one of the things the forces teach you, team strength.
I don't know what you do for a living but in a company it's not one person who makes it work it's everyone, cleaners, catering etc a team strength
Proud of our RAF on 10:38 - Apr 15 with 4994 viewsHarry_Palmer

Proud of our RAF on 10:29 - Apr 15 by BloomBlue

I was referring to the RAF. The pilot doesn't do everything in the RAF there is a huge group of people arranging, organising, coordinating. Even to the point of the people catering for them need to make sure they're eating the right food. Without that the pilot is nothing. That's one of the things the forces teach you, team strength.
I don't know what you do for a living but in a company it's not one person who makes it work it's everyone, cleaners, catering etc a team strength

I'm sure all of that is true, ultimately though it is all geared up to fighting wars which is not something I will ever feel 'pride' in. I understand why you do though.
Proud of our RAF on 11:26 - Apr 15 with 4964 viewsLeoMuff

Proud of our RAF on 09:18 - Apr 15 by jimmyvet

But your happy to post your opinions in a free society makING it clear how you despise our brave armed forces yet they are one of the reasons you have so much free speech...why not trot off to Russia or Iran or many other counters where you free speech would probably end up wth you being tortured jailed or worse!

This poster has made it clear yes actions in the past have given us free speech, but I ask you how Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan or anything in the last 20 years have given us free speech. With reference to torture and jailing we have done our fair share of that ourselves in that 20 years.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Proud of our RAF on 11:47 - Apr 15 with 4941 viewsBloomBlue

Proud of our RAF on 10:38 - Apr 15 by Harry_Palmer

I'm sure all of that is true, ultimately though it is all geared up to fighting wars which is not something I will ever feel 'pride' in. I understand why you do though.

Yes we'll agree to disagree

But yes I do feel fighting is the only option sometimes, WW2 a good example. We'll never know what the outcome of it had we just talked instead of fought but i personally believe that fighting stopped many things including the extermination of jews and yes i have pride in that. But I'll move on

Quick question out of interest what do you feel pride in
Proud of our RAF on 12:46 - Apr 15 with 4908 viewsghostofescobar

I see where you are coming from, but isn't professionalism and honour the absolutely bare minimum to be expected?

GhostOfEscobar

Proud of our RAF on 14:09 - Apr 15 with 4867 viewsmonytowbray

Love a good “mindless w*nking over the forces” post.

Signing up and following orders and being a hero are not the same thing.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Proud of our RAF on 14:10 - Apr 15 with 4868 viewstrncbluearmy

Proud of our RAF on 14:09 - Apr 15 by monytowbray

Love a good “mindless w*nking over the forces” post.

Signing up and following orders and being a hero are not the same thing.

how the hell would you know?
Login to get fewer ads

Proud of our RAF on 14:12 - Apr 15 with 4857 viewsmonytowbray

Proud of our RAF on 14:10 - Apr 15 by trncbluearmy

Because joining the army does not automatically make you good person or a hero.

TWTD never forgets…

Proud of our RAF on 14:21 - Apr 15 with 4852 viewstrncbluearmy

Proud of our RAF on 14:12 - Apr 15 by monytowbray

Because joining the army does not automatically make you good person or a hero.

Correct,but as I said how the hell do you know?,done some service for your country? If so I apologise,otherwise you really are not qualified to pass judgement.
Proud of our RAF on 14:23 - Apr 15 with 4850 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Proud of our RAF on 22:26 - Apr 14 by mrshallisfit

We could be a great country but we are held back by the bigoted little Englander onion gravy farts on the right. The same ones who voted to leave which means we are now held hostage by unfeted wild west capitalism of the London city and Trump's America

What utter pish. Maybe you should go and find a safe space for your masked hooded antifa anti democracy BS. Capitalism pays the bills and despite what Mr Corbyn tells you not everything is free kids!

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Proud of our RAF on 14:24 - Apr 15 with 4842 viewsmonytowbray

Proud of our RAF on 14:21 - Apr 15 by trncbluearmy

Correct,but as I said how the hell do you know?,done some service for your country? If so I apologise,otherwise you really are not qualified to pass judgement.

What silly logic. Do you tell people who criticise footballers or football managers that until they’ve done it at a professional level they can’t comment?

I’m pretty sure living in Portsmouth for 10 years and watching the drunken evening antics of some of the Navy lads I can form an opinion on it, cheers.

TWTD never forgets…

Proud of our RAF on 14:25 - Apr 15 with 4840 viewsmonytowbray

Proud of our RAF on 14:23 - Apr 15 by Jonnosdreadlocks

What utter pish. Maybe you should go and find a safe space for your masked hooded antifa anti democracy BS. Capitalism pays the bills and despite what Mr Corbyn tells you not everything is free kids!

You are far too easily offended and triggered.

TWTD never forgets…

Proud of our RAF on 14:27 - Apr 15 with 4839 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Proud of our RAF on 09:19 - Apr 15 by NewcyBlue

I think the real people that have ruined our country are the politicians.

They’re the ones that have caused such a great divide. Impoverished many.

I said that about a year or two ago and got absolutely slaughtered on here..

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Proud of our RAF on 14:28 - Apr 15 with 4835 viewsBlueLikeJazz

Proud of our RAF on 14:21 - Apr 15 by trncbluearmy

Sigh...

Of course he's bloody qualified, it's basic primary school logical reasoning!
Proud of our RAF on 14:29 - Apr 15 with 4829 viewsmonytowbray

Proud of our RAF on 14:27 - Apr 15 by The_Romford_Blue

I said that about a year or two ago and got absolutely slaughtered on here..

Politicians have been self-serving sh1tbags for decades, and the last election showed that with May willing to sell out to the DUP was the latest proof. The referendum too in fact.

This is why many people welcomed Corbyn to the mainstream.

TWTD never forgets…

Proud of our RAF on 14:30 - Apr 15 with 4829 viewsm14_blue

Calm down snowflake, everyone's allowed an opinion.
Proud of our RAF on 14:39 - Apr 15 with 4816 viewsnoggin

lol. You're very funny.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Proud of our RAF on 14:41 - Apr 15 with 4809 viewsnoggin

Proud of our RAF on 09:19 - Apr 15 by NewcyBlue

I think the real people that have ruined our country are the politicians.

They’re the ones that have caused such a great divide. Impoverished many.

Voted in by the very people they are hurting. You couldn't make it up.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Proud of our RAF on 14:43 - Apr 15 with 4805 viewsLeoMuff

Proud of our RAF on 14:10 - Apr 15 by trncbluearmy

Pretty obvious I would think.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Proud of our RAF on 15:56 - Apr 15 with 4745 viewsNewcyBlue

Proud of our RAF on 14:24 - Apr 15 by monytowbray

What silly logic. Do you tell people who criticise footballers or football managers that until they’ve done it at a professional level they can’t comment?

I’m pretty sure living in Portsmouth for 10 years and watching the drunken evening antics of some of the Navy lads I can form an opinion on it, cheers.

“Some of the Navy lads”

Can’t believe I am repeating myself, but ok.

There are medica, analysts, linguists, logistics, many, many trades in the Armed Forces.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Proud of our RAF on 16:28 - Apr 15 with 4718 viewsbrogansnose

Proud of our RAF on 15:56 - Apr 15 by NewcyBlue

“Some of the Navy lads”

Can’t believe I am repeating myself, but ok.

There are medica, analysts, linguists, logistics, many, many trades in the Armed Forces.

For some people the forces 'works' and they 'fit' in a way that they wouldn't in civvies. Some like the structure that the life gives them that they possibly haven't had in family life or it just didn't work out at school. In short it made them fit into society and give them a focus and trade which they wouldn't have had any other way. In a sense it was their university. The whole presumption that these people are psychopaths and dumb order following automatons is bollucks. Like you intimate Newcy, these people have got more chance of a trade from the forces than in civilian life.
Proud of our RAF on 16:41 - Apr 15 with 4693 viewsSwailsey

These threads always out bellends. I love it.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Proud of our RAF on 16:45 - Apr 15 with 4685 viewsLord_Lucan

Proud of our RAF on 16:28 - Apr 15 by brogansnose

For some people the forces 'works' and they 'fit' in a way that they wouldn't in civvies. Some like the structure that the life gives them that they possibly haven't had in family life or it just didn't work out at school. In short it made them fit into society and give them a focus and trade which they wouldn't have had any other way. In a sense it was their university. The whole presumption that these people are psychopaths and dumb order following automatons is bollucks. Like you intimate Newcy, these people have got more chance of a trade from the forces than in civilian life.

And whatever some people say they are prepared to get shot and killed for their country and its subjects.

What war they are fighting isn't really an issue, they cannot pick and choose. Regardless of people feelings on conflicts I find it remarkable that people can criticise the armed forces.

In my opinion anyone that has signed up and are prepared to die for you and I are heroes. There, I've said it. Shoot me.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Proud of our RAF on 16:48 - Apr 15 with 4674 viewsJ2BLUE

Proud of our RAF on 14:04 - Apr 14 by Lord_Lucan

I disagree, there is one prominent poster on here that instantly comes to mind.

Just to be clear, you don't mean me right?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024