Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Proud of our RAF 09:11 - Apr 14 with 31227 viewsBloomBlue

Once again you did your role with honour and professionalism. Being part of you when I first left school was the best part of my life. Fantastic job.
Proud of our RAF on 19:12 - Apr 15 with 4273 viewsimsureazzure

Proud of our RAF on 14:12 - Apr 15 by monytowbray

Because joining the army does not automatically make you good person or a hero.

So a little like becoming a vegan?
Proud of our RAF on 19:26 - Apr 15 with 4254 viewsLeoMuff

Proud of our RAF on 18:39 - Apr 15 by jimmyvet

Something that thankfully is confined to the history books unless of course you live in Iran or certain other states where that type of disgusting behaviour is still encouraged and tolerated.

Nasty Iran, wouldn’t catch any of our friends and allies like Saudi Arabia, Dubai, Qatar behaving like that.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Proud of our RAF on 19:28 - Apr 15 with 4241 viewsnoggin

Proud of our RAF on 19:26 - Apr 15 by LeoMuff

Nasty Iran, wouldn’t catch any of our friends and allies like Saudi Arabia, Dubai, Qatar behaving like that.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Proud of our RAF on 20:17 - Apr 15 with 4200 viewsNewcyBlue

Proud of our RAF on 17:44 - Apr 15 by monytowbray

The key word there was "some". I am not making generalisations. I was consciously selective with that word.

You said you were forming an opinion based on the actions of some of the Navy lads.

How about forming an opinion based on the medics? Or catering staff? Or linguists? Or analysts?

I think it is an absolute shame that people can’t see that there are heroic acts happening, not just in the Forces.

I refuse to wear a poppy, I give to the charity, but won’t wear a poppy. The Merchant Navy were treated awfully by the RBL for Remembrance Day.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Proud of our RAF on 20:38 - Apr 15 with 4164 viewsslump

Proud of our RAF on 09:18 - Apr 15 by jimmyvet

But your happy to post your opinions in a free society makING it clear how you despise our brave armed forces yet they are one of the reasons you have so much free speech...why not trot off to Russia or Iran or many other counters where you free speech would probably end up wth you being tortured jailed or worse!

Or the dozens of other democratic countries that don't bomb other countries or persecute their own population maybe?

UTT

Proud of our RAF on 22:15 - Apr 15 with 4102 viewsmonytowbray

Proud of our RAF on 20:17 - Apr 15 by NewcyBlue

You said you were forming an opinion based on the actions of some of the Navy lads.

How about forming an opinion based on the medics? Or catering staff? Or linguists? Or analysts?

I think it is an absolute shame that people can’t see that there are heroic acts happening, not just in the Forces.

I refuse to wear a poppy, I give to the charity, but won’t wear a poppy. The Merchant Navy were treated awfully by the RBL for Remembrance Day.

I think you’re reading deeper into my comments and assuming things I’ve not said. I’m not making any generalisations, I’m just using an example of how I’ve seen some people in the forces behave as evidence for my claim. At no point have I applied that example to everyone in the forces or used it as a reason to not respect others who don’t behave in such a way.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Proud of our RAF on 22:27 - Apr 15 with 4086 viewsNewcyBlue

Proud of our RAF on 22:15 - Apr 15 by monytowbray

I think you’re reading deeper into my comments and assuming things I’ve not said. I’m not making any generalisations, I’m just using an example of how I’ve seen some people in the forces behave as evidence for my claim. At no point have I applied that example to everyone in the forces or used it as a reason to not respect others who don’t behave in such a way.

Fair enough.

I am not some flag waving, whooping moron.

I just get annoyed at the blinkered views on show. I would rather we didn’t need any Armed Forces.

We took Seb to the Sunderland airshow last year, I find the aircraft to be an incredible feat of engineering. However, holding Seb who was wearing ear defenders because of the noise, made me feel utterly sad. That noise may be something we marvel at, but imagine being a kid in somewhere like Syria and hearing that. It must be absolutely dreadful.

The world is a horrible, dreadful place sometimes.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Proud of our RAF on 22:59 - Apr 15 with 4062 viewsRyorry

Proud of our RAF on 22:27 - Apr 15 by NewcyBlue

Fair enough.

I just get annoyed at the blinkered views on show. I would rather we didn’t need any Armed Forces.

We took Seb to the Sunderland airshow last year, I find the aircraft to be an incredible feat of engineering. However, holding Seb who was wearing ear defenders because of the noise, made me feel utterly sad. That noise may be something we marvel at, but imagine being a kid in somewhere like Syria and hearing that. It must be absolutely dreadful.

Bit of a sidetrack, but if you can leave the military aspect out somehow, I'm pretty sure you'd enjoy this docu which was on BBC2 @ 8pm tonight - fascinating from the construction, engineering, logistics & man-management angles. Particularly tense when it got to the real flood-emergency onto high-voltage cables, not a test! during sea trials in last 10 mins of prog.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0b08zpp/britains-biggest-warship-series-1
[Post edited 15 Apr 2018 23:00]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

Proud of our RAF on 23:53 - Apr 15 with 4020 viewsSpruceMoose

Proud of our RAF on 05:05 - Apr 15 by Benters2

Jog on pal you don’t live here!

Sorry, I didn't check my British citizenship at the border, you goon.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Proud of our RAF on 00:02 - Apr 16 with 4011 viewsmonytowbray

Proud of our RAF on 22:27 - Apr 15 by NewcyBlue

Fair enough.

I’m still confused by the OP to be honest. I don’t deny the AF do some great work but at the same time I can’t feel anything but shame for my nationality and government when we yet again go on a bomb dropping session. We’re not at war, it is not out of survival against a threat to our lives/values. We are just blowing up civillians who are already in dire need of help, and then you have the same posters on here who are w@nking over this who will in two months time be complaining again about refugees and how we shouldn’t let them in.

There is no easy answer to any of these issues but I feel the starting point is putting a value on human life. Once we can do that and stop demonising the majority for the actions of minorities, as well as accept our own faults (as opposed to living in this odd patriotic “Great” Britain bubble based on little more than national pride) we might be able to start making the world a less sh1tty place. And that goes for every nation/race/religion in all honesty.

Bar vegans of course, we are all perfect.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2018 0:05]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Proud of our RAF on 00:21 - Apr 16 with 3996 viewssyntaxerror

Proud of our RAF on 18:39 - Apr 15 by jimmyvet

Something that thankfully is confined to the history books unless of course you live in Iran or certain other states where that type of disgusting behaviour is still encouraged and tolerated.

Or 37 states in the Commonwealth, which some on here see as the peak of our achievement as a nation...
Proud of our RAF on 08:16 - Apr 16 with 3886 viewsStokieBlue

Proud of our RAF on 00:02 - Apr 16 by monytowbray

I’m still confused by the OP to be honest. I don’t deny the AF do some great work but at the same time I can’t feel anything but shame for my nationality and government when we yet again go on a bomb dropping session. We’re not at war, it is not out of survival against a threat to our lives/values. We are just blowing up civillians who are already in dire need of help, and then you have the same posters on here who are w@nking over this who will in two months time be complaining again about refugees and how we shouldn’t let them in.

There is no easy answer to any of these issues but I feel the starting point is putting a value on human life. Once we can do that and stop demonising the majority for the actions of minorities, as well as accept our own faults (as opposed to living in this odd patriotic “Great” Britain bubble based on little more than national pride) we might be able to start making the world a less sh1tty place. And that goes for every nation/race/religion in all honesty.

Bar vegans of course, we are all perfect.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2018 0:05]

You've made some very good points on this thread which nobody could argue with.

Just one thing:

"We are just blowing up civilians who are already in dire need of help"

The Russians have confirmed no civilians or military people died in the attacks. The Syrians are claiming without evidence that 3 civilians were injured (not dead) due to the Syrians themselves shooting down a missile and the debris falling on them.

So given the above all that is happened is that the Syria capacity for chemical attacks has been greatly weakened - so in this instance, surely the attacks have turned out to be a good thing and we don't need to be posting incorrect information on the killing of civilians? In fact if Assad has less chemical weapons less civilians can now be harmed in that horrific way.

On a side note, someone accidentally purchased some vegan raspberry ripple ice cream the other day (made from cashews) and brought it round for dinner. It was very nice.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Proud of our RAF on 10:17 - Apr 16 with 3828 viewsRyorry

Proud of our RAF on 00:21 - Apr 16 by syntaxerror

Or 37 states in the Commonwealth, which some on here see as the peak of our achievement as a nation...

"some on here see as the peak of our achievement as a nation..."

Who? I've never seen anyone on here say that they think that.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Proud of our RAF on 13:15 - Apr 16 with 3783 viewsnoggin

Proud of our RAF on 10:17 - Apr 16 by Ryorry

"some on here see as the peak of our achievement as a nation..."

Who? I've never seen anyone on here say that they think that.

Rule Britannia. End of.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Proud of our RAF on 13:20 - Apr 16 with 3782 viewsunbelievablue

Proud of our RAF on 13:58 - Apr 14 by Lord_Lucan

There are certain people on here who detest the armed forces. These same people are only allowed to freely opinion their views because of the action of our armed forces.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2018 13:59]

Historically.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Proud of our RAF on 13:30 - Apr 16 with 3764 viewsBenters2

Proud of our RAF on 13:15 - Apr 16 by noggin

Rule Britannia. End of.

Balls
Proud of our RAF on 13:32 - Apr 16 with 3758 viewsBenters2

Proud of our RAF on 23:53 - Apr 15 by SpruceMoose

Sorry, I didn't check my British citizenship at the border, you goon.

goon thats a new one!
Proud of our RAF on 13:33 - Apr 16 with 3757 viewsLord_Lucan

Proud of our RAF on 13:20 - Apr 16 by unbelievablue

Historically.

What's your point?

Who would you rely on now?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Proud of our RAF on 14:01 - Apr 16 with 3736 viewsSpruceMoose

Proud of our RAF on 13:32 - Apr 16 by Benters2

goon thats a new one!

That's surprising, for a man who collects insults like J2 collects stomach aches.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Proud of our RAF on 14:03 - Apr 16 with 3733 viewsunbelievablue

Proud of our RAF on 13:33 - Apr 16 by Lord_Lucan

What's your point?

Who would you rely on now?

My point is that I don't equate the sacrifices made during the two World Wars and the freedoms they have afforded me, with the role of the armed forces today.

I'm lucky in that I don't feel that I rely on anyone for that.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2018 14:04]

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Proud of our RAF on 02:47 - Apr 18 with 3643 viewsHurleyBurley

Proud of our ex-Major Generals too.

Major General Jonathan Shaw

Poll: World Cup final: Who do you WANT to win?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024