Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yesterday's match 10:42 - Apr 15 with 3118 viewsBluefish

Seems both side want to take more from it than we should. Nothing has really changed and it won't really for the reat of this season but it is a great example of why the new person needs to be asap to start the rebuild as soon as the season finishes.

We didn't really play any differently to how we have in many games, there really wasn't a noticeable change in tempo as some claim and the ball was still hit long at times just as before. Some youngsters started and some were subbed again it means nothing, similarly we started with Skyam but it really means nothing. This season is limping home painfully and only eased because despite this norwich seem to be matching us for lack of direction and ineptness.
Klug had a couple of days on a training ground to work with players that he had barely seen before in many cases. Let's not all try and make positives and negatives to score points and just focus on next season and a new era.

The amount of times I read micks name yesterday was bonkers

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Yesterday's match on 11:15 - Apr 15 with 3058 viewsSWGF

I thought we played markedly different, certainly in the first half, but hey ho.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Yesterday's match on 11:27 - Apr 15 with 3044 viewsBluefish

Yesterday's match on 11:15 - Apr 15 by SWGF

I thought we played markedly different, certainly in the first half, but hey ho.

Some times people want to see different. As an isolated we have played like that before

Yesterday's match on 11:30 - Apr 15 with 3040 viewsPhilTWTD

I thought the first half was much the same - not much possession but resolute defending and scrapping away - but they were better on the ball in the early part of the second half. But overall not really too much of a change. As BK said, not mich time to instil too much change after one training session.
Yesterday's match on 11:37 - Apr 15 with 3024 viewsSWGF

Yesterday's match on 11:30 - Apr 15 by PhilTWTD

I thought the first half was much the same - not much possession but resolute defending and scrapping away - but they were better on the ball in the early part of the second half. But overall not really too much of a change. As BK said, not mich time to instil too much change after one training session.

I thought we looked to get it through the midfield more especially while Nydam was on the pitch combining with Kenlock (and was pleasantly surprised by Hyam). Saying that, service into the front two wasn't great but at least they weren't chasing their own flick-ons.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?

Yesterday's match on 14:48 - Apr 15 with 2918 viewsPinewoodblue

There should no longer be two sides, get over it.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Yesterday's match on 15:05 - Apr 15 with 2894 viewsDarth_Koont

Personally, I thought we went long in the first 20 minutes more than we have recently.

But it sort of worked to pin back the Forest fullbacks and led to our better chances too. The goal helped us get on the ball and look more in control. Very annoying that we couldn't double our lead or hold on to the lead as we were more and more comfortable as the game went on.

Pronouns: He/Him

Yesterday's match on 15:33 - Apr 15 with 2850 viewsPhilTWTD

Yesterday's match on 11:37 - Apr 15 by SWGF

I thought we looked to get it through the midfield more especially while Nydam was on the pitch combining with Kenlock (and was pleasantly surprised by Hyam). Saying that, service into the front two wasn't great but at least they weren't chasing their own flick-ons.

Agree Nydam and Kenlock both played well and Hyam got further forward than usual, although I think he has on a few occasions when playing in one of the advanced roles in the central 'triangle' when we've played that way and Connolly has played in a similar way all season. Good to see him get into an area where he could get in a shot even if he probably should have scored.

Re Kenlock, was interesting what Bryan said about giving him a run of games. Although he's made quite a few appearances he's never had a, say, 10-game run in the team, which he probably needs at this point in his career. I think Mick said he would like to have sent him out on loan for that reason.
Yesterday's match on 15:39 - Apr 15 with 2839 viewsyorkshire

Yesterday's match on 15:33 - Apr 15 by PhilTWTD

Agree Nydam and Kenlock both played well and Hyam got further forward than usual, although I think he has on a few occasions when playing in one of the advanced roles in the central 'triangle' when we've played that way and Connolly has played in a similar way all season. Good to see him get into an area where he could get in a shot even if he probably should have scored.

Re Kenlock, was interesting what Bryan said about giving him a run of games. Although he's made quite a few appearances he's never had a, say, 10-game run in the team, which he probably needs at this point in his career. I think Mick said he would like to have sent him out on loan for that reason.

I think Mick's issue with giving Kenlock a run was what to do with Jonas - he has been better than Kenlock for most of the season so got in ahead of him by right - however he also has the potential to be a decent centre back as well

With that in mind then I don't think Mick could allow Kenlock to go out on loan in the same way he did Emmanuel

Personally - I would like to see Jonas move into CB and give Kenlock the 10 games he needs to cement himself into the team but I would worry that the crowd may turn on him (a la Richards) if he does make the odd mistake
[Post edited 15 Apr 2018 15:40]
Login to get fewer ads

Yesterday's match on 15:42 - Apr 15 with 2821 viewsPhilTWTD

Yesterday's match on 15:39 - Apr 15 by yorkshire

I think Mick's issue with giving Kenlock a run was what to do with Jonas - he has been better than Kenlock for most of the season so got in ahead of him by right - however he also has the potential to be a decent centre back as well

With that in mind then I don't think Mick could allow Kenlock to go out on loan in the same way he did Emmanuel

Personally - I would like to see Jonas move into CB and give Kenlock the 10 games he needs to cement himself into the team but I would worry that the crowd may turn on him (a la Richards) if he does make the odd mistake

I think Mick said he would have liked to have got someone in as cover at left-back so Kenlock could go out. But agree, it's Knudsen's consistency at left-back which has prevented MK from playing more regularly.

Think JK will probably play most of the rest of the games at centre-half, which might not do him too much good in terms of his Denmark World Cup aspirations as he'd be playing left-back for them, although conversely I suppose showing greater versatility might count in his favour on that front.
Yesterday's match on 15:45 - Apr 15 with 2815 viewsLord_Lucan

Yesterday's match on 15:42 - Apr 15 by PhilTWTD

I think Mick said he would have liked to have got someone in as cover at left-back so Kenlock could go out. But agree, it's Knudsen's consistency at left-back which has prevented MK from playing more regularly.

Think JK will probably play most of the rest of the games at centre-half, which might not do him too much good in terms of his Denmark World Cup aspirations as he'd be playing left-back for them, although conversely I suppose showing greater versatility might count in his favour on that front.

I haven't seen him play there but is he really big and strong enough for a centre half?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Yesterday's match on 15:45 - Apr 15 with 2810 viewsLankHenners

Yesterday's match on 11:37 - Apr 15 by SWGF

Think it was more to do with Nydam having a good game in the centre more than anything else - Klug himself quick to dismiss any suggestion there was much of a change in approach/style. Thought Watson was overplaying it when he was going on about us looking for passing angles on Twitter and in his report. There was still a fair amount of aimless knocks into the channels from Spence, Knudsen, Skuse etc.

Did once again highlight that we're lacking a quality midfielder to link the play from back to front which Huws/Adeyemi/Bishop/Dozzell would/could be capable of providing if fit.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Yesterday's match on 15:47 - Apr 15 with 2800 viewsDarth_Koont

Yesterday's match on 15:45 - Apr 15 by Lord_Lucan

I haven't seen him play there but is he really big and strong enough for a centre half?

More like a budget Cannavaro. He's certainly quick and aggressive enough but not sure if he'd work as well in a CB partnership.

Pronouns: He/Him

Yesterday's match on 15:51 - Apr 15 with 2787 views3_5_2

This game was right up there with England friendly matches

I really couldn't care less

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Yesterday's match on 17:59 - Apr 15 with 2683 viewsSWGF

Yesterday's match on 15:45 - Apr 15 by Lord_Lucan

He's more suited to centre half than wingback, IMO

Yesterday's match on 18:03 - Apr 15 with 2666 viewsCotton_eyed_joe

Sorry Truce I down arrowed by mistake.
Yesterday's match on 18:57 - Apr 15 with 2620 viewsBluefish

Yesterday's match on 18:03 - Apr 15 by Cotton_eyed_joe

Sorry Truce I down arrowed by mistake.

No worries i get lots of them. I have a little crew that downvote almost everything I say. I never really ever look at the arrows nowadays up or down

Yesterday's match on 19:07 - Apr 15 with 2604 viewschristiand

Yesterday's match on 15:39 - Apr 15 by yorkshire

No player goes on to the pitch to make mistakes. Christ thinking of any of us playing and I'm sure they'd be plenty of misplaced passes, skied shots and mistimed tackles. We have to accept players make mistakes and let them get on with it. Booing is certainly not the answer especially a young player like Kenlock (or any player in fact), he's shown enough about him that he could be a very decent full back/wing-back at this level if given the the time and encouragement to develop by the manager and us as supporters.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024