Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Makeshift strikers 11:31 - Apr 16 with 1247 viewsgainsboroughblue

Random thought for a Monday morning I know, but it suddenly struck me that around the late 80s and early 90s, we had semi successful situations of converting players to this role.

Pretty sure Warky did it, Ian Redford had a 6 or 7 consecutive game scoring streak while being utilised up front, and Micky Stockwell was a revelation when he was played up top. 2 goals at Filbert Street sticks in the memory. Wonder why we did this though? I know David Lowe used to have long periods out but was there really no one else on the books who could have stepped in?

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Makeshift strikers on 12:13 - Apr 16 with 1180 viewsSteve_M

Stockwell scored two against Wimbledon as a striker in 92-93 as well.

http://prideofanglia.com/page.php?page=matchReport&level=1&day=12&month=9&year=1

Kiwomya and Goddard both injured for that one so looks like the side only had three attacking players in it*.

*This seems to be more important than result or how the team plays so thought I would mention it.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Makeshift strikers on 12:15 - Apr 16 with 1170 viewsconnorscontract

Ian Marshall is the king of the Centre Forward/Centre Back conversions.

Matt Elliott was lobbed up top for us a few times and more recently Berra was shifted up when we were chasing the game at times.

When we had real injury problems with strikers, and had failed miserably to replace Murphy as a target man, I thought there was a case for either Berra or Smith to start up front. I mean, Leon Best did so it couldn't have been worse...

Webster might not be a bad shout for a last ten minute frantic all out attack scenario emergency Number Nine.
Makeshift strikers on 12:16 - Apr 16 with 1164 viewsCaptainObvious

+ Jason Dozzell

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

Richard Naylor too, right? (n/t) on 21:07 - Apr 16 with 1065 viewsScottCandage

Makeshift strikers on 21:16 - Apr 16 with 1050 viewsMelford

Apart from central defence and goalkeeper I think Micky Stockwell must have played every other position on the pitch at some point.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024