Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hosuing developer taking the piss yet again 11:32 - Apr 16 with 1976 viewsgiant_stow

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/apr/16/value-of-london-flats-slashed-by

Yet more evidence that it's time for a public homes building programme. Poor woman.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Hosuing developer taking the piss yet again on 11:43 - Apr 16 with 1940 viewsStokieBlue

Read this earlier, it's a horrible situation.

Unfortunately (and I know this isn't the point) nobody is sure who is liable at the moment. At the time of building did the developer use the government approved cladding in which case is it really their fault? Should the government pay in this case?

It's a horrible situation, I really felt for the woman when I read it this morning and have a friend in the same position. It's the tip of the iceberg though and developers, insurers as the government will fight to assign liability as the bill is going to be massive to change everything nationwide.

I don't have much sympathy will developers given the profit's they have made over recent years but it's quite complicated. Doesn't help the poor woman and others unfortunately.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Hosuing developer taking the piss yet again on 11:45 - Apr 16 with 1931 viewsunbelievablue

* WAITS FOR SOMEONE TO SUGGEST THE BUYERS DIDN'T DO DUE DILIGENCE AND SHOULD BE LIABLE *

It's a nasty situation.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Hosuing developer taking the piss yet again on 11:51 - Apr 16 with 1906 viewsgiant_stow

Hosuing developer taking the piss yet again on 11:43 - Apr 16 by StokieBlue

Unfortunately (and I know this isn't the point) nobody is sure who is liable at the moment. At the time of building did the developer use the government approved cladding in which case is it really their fault? Should the government pay in this case?

It's a horrible situation, I really felt for the woman when I read it this morning and have a friend in the same position. It's the tip of the iceberg though and developers, insurers as the government will fight to assign liability as the bill is going to be massive to change everything nationwide.

I don't have much sympathy will developers given the profit's they have made over recent years but it's quite complicated. Doesn't help the poor woman and others unfortunately.

SB

You've got a mate in the same boat - ouch.

This probably isn't realistic at all / simple-simon stuff, but the govt should cough up now and quickly, just to avoid another disaster or terrorism and then chase the developers for contributions in the courts.

Crazy that people just have to wait for a long legal battle to go through.

Nice avatar btw.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Hosuing developer taking the piss yet again on 11:52 - Apr 16 with 1903 viewsgiant_stow

Hosuing developer taking the piss yet again on 11:45 - Apr 16 by unbelievablue

* WAITS FOR SOMEONE TO SUGGEST THE BUYERS DIDN'T DO DUE DILIGENCE AND SHOULD BE LIABLE *

It's a nasty situation.

I bludy hope not.

I think its testement to this particular woman that she wouldn;t rent it out for fear of what could happen to her future tennents.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2018 11:54]

Story taken out of context to suit posters political agenda yet again... on 11:58 - Apr 16 with 1875 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Hosuing developer taking the piss yet again on 11:59 - Apr 16 with 1862 viewsLord_Lucan

I'll take it.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Story taken out of context to suit posters political agenda yet again... on 12:01 - Apr 16 with 1857 viewsgiant_stow

Story taken out of context to suit posters political agenda yet again... on 11:58 - Apr 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

Pardon?!

Hosuing developer taking the piss yet again on 12:01 - Apr 16 with 1851 viewsgiant_stow

Hosuing developer taking the piss yet again on 11:59 - Apr 16 by Lord_Lucan

I'll take it.

Yours for £500 grand.

Login to get fewer ads

Story taken out of context to suit posters political agenda yet again... on 12:05 - Apr 16 with 1835 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Story taken out of context to suit posters political agenda yet again... on 12:01 - Apr 16 by giant_stow

Pardon?!

How is the developer 'taking the piss'?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Hosuing developer taking the piss yet again on 12:06 - Apr 16 with 1837 viewsStokieBlue

Hosuing developer taking the piss yet again on 11:51 - Apr 16 by giant_stow

This probably isn't realistic at all / simple-simon stuff, but the govt should cough up now and quickly, just to avoid another disaster or terrorism and then chase the developers for contributions in the courts.

Nice avatar btw.

Well he's not had that type of valuation but his sale is likely fall through because the buyers mortgage company won't lend until the cladding issue is resolved. They are essentially stuck in the flat. They have roaming fire wardens but it hasn't helped the situation.

Your government solution would work but you would be committing to a bottomless pit of expense and reclaiming after the fact on the courts would take years and would have no guarantee of success. In my opinion the only thing that is clear is that the private owner shouldn't be liable for the replacement costs.

The avatar is a Hubble image called The pillars of creation. It's a section of the Eagle nebula showing columns of hydrogen.

SB
[Post edited 16 Apr 2018 12:09]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Hosuing developer taking the piss yet again on 12:06 - Apr 16 with 1831 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Hosuing developer taking the piss yet again on 11:43 - Apr 16 by StokieBlue

SB

Sensible post.

.....pack your bags, and dont come back.

Hosuing developer taking the piss yet again on 12:08 - Apr 16 with 1823 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Hosuing developer taking the piss yet again on 11:51 - Apr 16 by giant_stow

Nice avatar btw.

Hang on, I thought it was the developers fault?

Now its the Goverments fault?

....I cant wait for the next installment. So many twists in this story, its like Prison Break.

Hosuing developer taking the piss yet again on 12:10 - Apr 16 with 1808 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Hosuing developer taking the piss yet again on 11:52 - Apr 16 by giant_stow

I bludy hope not.

I think its testement to this particular woman that she wouldn;t rent it out for fear of what could happen to her future tennents.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2018 11:54]

Hmmmm......

"It is also not permissible under her Help to Buy contract"

Story taken out of context to suit posters political agenda yet again... on 12:12 - Apr 16 with 1801 viewsgiant_stow

Story taken out of context to suit posters political agenda yet again... on 12:05 - Apr 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

How is the developer 'taking the piss'?

By using allegedly sub-standard materials and then not doing anything about it, all while using a govt-run loans to help people pay for product, but accepting to responsability when a problem is discovered. Private profit - social risk. again.

Hosuing developer taking the piss yet again on 12:14 - Apr 16 with 1788 viewsgiant_stow

Hosuing developer taking the piss yet again on 12:08 - Apr 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

Hang on, I thought it was the developers fault?

Now its the Goverments fault?

....I cant wait for the next installment. So many twists in this story, its like Prison Break.

Don't put words in my mouth cheeky! I didn't say it was the governments fault - I said the govt should pay to fix it to save lives and then chase the money in the courts.

If you're gonna mock, at least get your facts straight.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2018 12:15]

Story taken out of context to suit posters political agenda yet again... on 12:16 - Apr 16 with 1774 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Story taken out of context to suit posters political agenda yet again... on 12:12 - Apr 16 by giant_stow

By using allegedly sub-standard materials and then not doing anything about it, all while using a govt-run loans to help people pay for product, but accepting to responsability when a problem is discovered. Private profit - social risk. again.

Does it say in the story that the cladding didnt meet approved standards at the time?

Does the developer have liability, or does that lie with their contractor?

Did building regs sign the property off as being compliant?

The government loans were used by the purchasers, not by the developer.

As you have said previously, this is not a simple situation, despite your attempts to view it in an over simplistic manner.

Hosuing developer taking the piss yet again on 12:17 - Apr 16 with 1761 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Hosuing developer taking the piss yet again on 12:14 - Apr 16 by giant_stow

Don't put words in my mouth cheeky! I didn't say it was the governments fault - I said the govt should pay to fix it to save lives and then chase the money in the courts.

If you're gonna mock, at least get your facts straight.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2018 12:15]

...another twist.

Where next?

Hosuing developer taking the piss yet again on 12:19 - Apr 16 with 1749 viewsgiant_stow

Hosuing developer taking the piss yet again on 12:17 - Apr 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

...another twist.

Where next?

...yes...busted.

I'm not playing if you won't play nicely - I've made my point and don;t want to go all dolly/gb.

Hosuing developer taking the piss yet again on 12:21 - Apr 16 with 1740 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Hosuing developer taking the piss yet again on 12:19 - Apr 16 by giant_stow

...yes...busted.

I'm not playing if you won't play nicely - I've made my point and don;t want to go all dolly/gb.

All good.

I take your point.

Hosuing developer taking the piss yet again on 12:22 - Apr 16 with 1732 viewshype313

Did you learn to spell from the Archant school of grammar?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Hosuing developer taking the piss yet again on 12:25 - Apr 16 with 1713 viewsgiant_stow

Hosuing developer taking the piss yet again on 12:21 - Apr 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

All good.

I take your point.

fair dos.

Hosuing developer taking the piss yet again on 12:27 - Apr 16 with 1704 viewsgiant_stow

Hosuing developer taking the piss yet again on 12:22 - Apr 16 by hype313

Did you learn to spell from the Archant school of grammar?

I learnt at The Islington In The 80s Grammar And Spelling Don't Matter Lets All Hug Instead School.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024