Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Full list of managerial candidates vote EADT 13:24 - Apr 16 with 5455 viewsThijssens_Tash

Everyone should get on this, will be a solid indication of who the fans want to succeed MM

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/who-should-ipswich-town-appoint-to-replace-mick-mcca
Full list of managerial candidates vote EADT on 13:31 - Apr 16 with 5407 viewsSomethingBlue

It's very flawed though — for example a high-profile former player can also be a young up and coming manager yet the two are seen, reductively, as mutually exclusive here.

Not a process I'd trust the fans' views on at all, in any case!

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Full list of managerial candidates vote EADT on 13:37 - Apr 16 with 5369 viewsGuthrum

Full list of managerial candidates vote EADT on 13:31 - Apr 16 by SomethingBlue

It's very flawed though — for example a high-profile former player can also be a young up and coming manager yet the two are seen, reductively, as mutually exclusive here.

Not a process I'd trust the fans' views on at all, in any case!

The chances of success also depend on factors outside the choice of manager alone - budgets, availability of suitable transfers, player fitness, amount of tactical change required and so on.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Full list of managerial candidates vote EADT on 13:44 - Apr 16 with 5306 viewsclive_baker

Steijn 36% haha.

Boo to a manager who, albeit inexperienced, was a world class player, has links at top clubs in the country and could well have the temperament and influence to become a top manager.

Yes to a manager most voters know little about, also has no experience of the English game and probably has limited contacts because he's got a foreign name.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Full list of managerial candidates vote EADT on 13:48 - Apr 16 with 5278 viewsrickw

Full list of managerial candidates vote EADT on 13:44 - Apr 16 by clive_baker

Steijn 36% haha.

Boo to a manager who, albeit inexperienced, was a world class player, has links at top clubs in the country and could well have the temperament and influence to become a top manager.

Yes to a manager most voters know little about, also has no experience of the English game and probably has limited contacts because he's got a foreign name.

I saw that too..
I think EADT readers seem easily influenced by the article they did on him last week!

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Full list of managerial candidates vote EADT on 13:56 - Apr 16 with 5217 viewsitfcjoe

Steijn 36% haha.

The Steijn love in is strange

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Full list of managerial candidates vote EADT on 14:02 - Apr 16 with 5180 viewsSpruceMoose

Full list of managerial candidates vote EADT on 13:56 - Apr 16 by itfcjoe

The Steijn love in is strange

Exotic Dutchy isn't he. I doubt most people could even spell his name, let alone tell you anything about him.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Full list of managerial candidates vote EADT on 14:06 - Apr 16 with 5149 viewshype313

Steijn 36% haha.

Yep, at least if we go down the dutch route we should be targeting someone like Shteve..

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Full list of managerial candidates vote EADT on 14:11 - Apr 16 with 5118 viewsJimmyJazz

Steijn 36% haha.

Orange tinted glasses.

Dutch managers this season:

Koeman
de Boer
Stam
The Sheff Wed boss

Not an impressive list

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Login to get fewer ads

Full list of managerial candidates vote EADT on 14:14 - Apr 16 with 5104 viewsThijssens_Tash

Full list of managerial candidates vote EADT on 14:11 - Apr 16 by JimmyJazz

Orange tinted glasses.

Dutch managers this season:

Koeman
de Boer
Stam
The Sheff Wed boss

Not an impressive list

So the odds are the next one will be a success :)
Full list of managerial candidates vote EADT on 14:14 - Apr 16 with 5104 viewsPendejo

I'm getting an advert for Manchester City on the EADT page... why??????

"our time, our city"

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Full list of managerial candidates vote EADT on 14:17 - Apr 16 with 5087 viewsEastKentBlue

Steijn 36% haha.

Gerrard and Lampard won't touch us anyway, we are too risky and could ruin their managerial reputation before it starts.

Steijn is a roll of the dice, a completely different move which is why its exciting people. He has got a team promoted on a small budget, played some decent football and made them difficult to beat in the top division. Potential to bring in some young, technically good Dutch players off the radar for much cheaper prices/wages integrated with a good crop of young players and a solid core. It could work.
Full list of managerial candidates vote EADT on 14:52 - Apr 16 with 4967 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Full list of managerial candidates vote EADT on 14:17 - Apr 16 by EastKentBlue

Gerrard and Lampard won't touch us anyway, we are too risky and could ruin their managerial reputation before it starts.

Steijn is a roll of the dice, a completely different move which is why its exciting people. He has got a team promoted on a small budget, played some decent football and made them difficult to beat in the top division. Potential to bring in some young, technically good Dutch players off the radar for much cheaper prices/wages integrated with a good crop of young players and a solid core. It could work.

Risk?!

The most patient owner in the country??!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Full list of managerial candidates vote EADT on 15:08 - Apr 16 with 4890 viewsGeoffSentence

Hang on a moment, all 25 are white chaps. What about the Rooney rule, shouldn't there be at least one dusky fellow in the running.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Full list of managerial candidates vote EADT on 15:22 - Apr 16 with 4830 viewsDanFord

Full list of managerial candidates vote EADT on 14:52 - Apr 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

Risk?!

The most patient owner in the country??!!

Their first managerial jobs could easily be at Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday, Middlesbrough or somewhere where they'd be able to spend a bit. Coming to a club expected to finish lower half to bottom end of the table with no money to spend could immediately see them struggle. They wouldn't even be on an even playing field.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Full list of managerial candidates vote EADT on 15:28 - Apr 16 with 4798 viewshype313

Full list of managerial candidates vote EADT on 15:22 - Apr 16 by DanFord

Their first managerial jobs could easily be at Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday, Middlesbrough or somewhere where they'd be able to spend a bit. Coming to a club expected to finish lower half to bottom end of the table with no money to spend could immediately see them struggle. They wouldn't even be on an even playing field.

They would last 5 minutes at Leeds and Sheff Weds, they would heed Fergies advice to any aspiring manager, choose the owner, not the club.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Full list of managerial candidates vote EADT on 15:33 - Apr 16 with 4777 viewsRedX

I like the sound of Darrell Clarke.

What sort of style does he have Bristol Rovers playing?
Full list of managerial candidates vote EADT on 15:38 - Apr 16 with 4758 viewsThijssens_Tash

Full list of managerial candidates vote EADT on 15:33 - Apr 16 by RedX

I like the sound of Darrell Clarke.

What sort of style does he have Bristol Rovers playing?

Quite attractive I believe, the man himself has lots of passion. Would like him here but I don't think Evans will pay the compensation to Rovers, he signed a new 5 year deal in the summer so would be quite expensive to get him out of there.
Full list of managerial candidates vote EADT on 15:40 - Apr 16 with 4743 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Full list of managerial candidates vote EADT on 15:22 - Apr 16 by DanFord

How long have their previous managers lasted?

Leeds and Boro, about 6 months.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Full list of managerial candidates vote EADT on 15:44 - Apr 16 with 4723 viewsRedX

Full list of managerial candidates vote EADT on 15:38 - Apr 16 by Thijssens_Tash

Quite attractive I believe, the man himself has lots of passion. Would like him here but I don't think Evans will pay the compensation to Rovers, he signed a new 5 year deal in the summer so would be quite expensive to get him out of there.

That's a pity.

It shows what Bristol Rovers think of him by handing him a 5 year deal. I would still hope the club have sounded him out to see if there's interest there.
Full list of managerial candidates vote EADT on 15:50 - Apr 16 with 4695 viewsThijssens_Tash

Full list of managerial candidates vote EADT on 15:44 - Apr 16 by RedX

That's a pity.

It shows what Bristol Rovers think of him by handing him a 5 year deal. I would still hope the club have sounded him out to see if there's interest there.

Is a pity yes, considering who his assistant is too. Who knows, maybe there is a low get out clause or Evans will stump up the cash.
Full list of managerial candidates vote EADT on 16:02 - Apr 16 with 4650 viewsSuperfrans

The fact that Steijn is currently the favourite with 29% Of votes highlights just how desperate people are for change.

These votes are based on what, a Google search? I would wager that barely 2 or 3 of those voting have either seen his team play or have seen a single Dutch league match in the past couple of years.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Full list of managerial candidates vote EADT on 14:18 - Apr 17 with 4248 viewsrickw

Just looked at this again:
Steijn 27%
Cowley 14%
Mogga 14%
Gerrard 12%
Kuqi 5%
Hurst 5%
Warburton 4%
Jones 4%
Lampard 3%
Cook 3%

I worry about the people voting in this poll - why so many for Steijn and how the hell has Gerrard got more votes than Warburton, Jones and Cook added together??? Is it just a case of "Gerrard - ooh I've heard of him....."

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Full list of managerial candidates vote EADT on 14:40 - Apr 17 with 4206 viewsThijssens_Tash

Full list of managerial candidates vote EADT on 14:18 - Apr 17 by rickw

Just looked at this again:
Steijn 27%
Cowley 14%
Mogga 14%
Gerrard 12%
Kuqi 5%
Hurst 5%
Warburton 4%
Jones 4%
Lampard 3%
Cook 3%

I worry about the people voting in this poll - why so many for Steijn and how the hell has Gerrard got more votes than Warburton, Jones and Cook added together??? Is it just a case of "Gerrard - ooh I've heard of him....."

Steijn is understandable, offers complete change and new direction. Gerrard on the other hand is confusing, no managerial experience and is another big name, presumably a few east anglian Liverpool fans going for him.
Full list of managerial candidates vote EADT on 14:57 - Apr 17 with 4180 viewsFreddy

Mogga is fav for WBA now

Cowleys are staying at Lincoln

So will go for Warburton or Kuqi
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024