Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Magical Vegas outdoing themselves with their sheeite tweets 15:26 - Apr 16 with 4898 viewsIllinoisblue

I thought their "do you like roast dinners?" tweet the other week couldn't be bettered. Wrong:

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Magical Vegas outdoing themselves with their sheeite tweets on 15:29 - Apr 16 with 4865 viewshype313

Like the way you circumnavigate the swearing by going all Liam Gallagher in the title...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Magical Vegas outdoing themselves with their sheeite tweets on 15:48 - Apr 16 with 4811 viewstcblue

I hate all marketing, but Twitter marketing is the most cynical and fake, and it seems to me the more questionable ethically the company is, the more fake 'nice' their Twitter account becomes. So Twitter marketing from betting companies is the absolute worst of the worst.
Magical Vegas outdoing themselves with their sheeite tweets on 15:50 - Apr 16 with 4787 viewsSpruceMoose

'Colours are the smiles of nature'? I thought 'smiles' were the 'smiles' of nature?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Magical Vegas outdoing themselves with their sheeite tweets on 15:59 - Apr 16 with 4747 viewsBluefish

Did you ever get bothered about all the sh*t spread by Fisons?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Magical Vegas outdoing themselves with their sheeite tweets on 16:01 - Apr 16 with 4732 viewsIllinoisblue

Magical Vegas outdoing themselves with their sheeite tweets on 15:59 - Apr 16 by Bluefish

Did you ever get bothered about all the sh*t spread by Fisons?

they weren't tweeting about it, so no.

62 - 78 - 81

Magical Vegas outdoing themselves with their sheeite tweets on 16:02 - Apr 16 with 4726 viewsBluefish

Magical Vegas outdoing themselves with their sheeite tweets on 16:01 - Apr 16 by Illinoisblue

they weren't tweeting about it, so no.

They had adverts in the paper though

Magical Vegas outdoing themselves with their sheeite tweets on 16:02 - Apr 16 with 4726 viewsbenno1uk

This sort of thing should probably be illegal.

Isn't it a bit like a drug dealer giving a 'free sample' in order to get someone hooked?
Magical Vegas outdoing themselves with their sheeite tweets on 16:07 - Apr 16 with 4709 viewsfooters

Magical Vegas outdoing themselves with their sheeite tweets on 15:48 - Apr 16 by tcblue

I hate all marketing, but Twitter marketing is the most cynical and fake, and it seems to me the more questionable ethically the company is, the more fake 'nice' their Twitter account becomes. So Twitter marketing from betting companies is the absolute worst of the worst.

Don't forget ineffective. Agencies can bullsh1t all they like about impressions but there aren't really any decent metrics for Twitter to define success.

There was one Twitter convo that I'm not able to find right now that was a classic example of what you've pointed out.

User: *mentions working on a project using company's software*
Company: Hi user, what exciting project are you working on using this software?
User: Paper on corporations using social media to create false personas in order to drive sales

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Magical Vegas outdoing themselves with their sheeite tweets on 16:11 - Apr 16 with 4677 viewsIllinoisblue

Magical Vegas outdoing themselves with their sheeite tweets on 16:02 - Apr 16 by Bluefish

They had adverts in the paper though

were they simple "you should buy our fertilizer" ads? Or some juvenile nonsense about colours?

62 - 78 - 81

Magical Vegas outdoing themselves with their sheeite tweets on 16:17 - Apr 16 with 4660 viewsBluefish

Magical Vegas outdoing themselves with their sheeite tweets on 16:11 - Apr 16 by Illinoisblue

were they simple "you should buy our fertilizer" ads? Or some juvenile nonsense about colours?

Were they as formal as the ads that preceded them by 30 years or do you think these things evolve?

Do you think Any other clubs worry about their sponsors twee social media attempts?

Magical Vegas outdoing themselves with their sheeite tweets on 16:21 - Apr 16 with 4642 viewsIllinoisblue

Magical Vegas outdoing themselves with their sheeite tweets on 16:17 - Apr 16 by Bluefish

Were they as formal as the ads that preceded them by 30 years or do you think these things evolve?

Do you think Any other clubs worry about their sponsors twee social media attempts?

do clubs worry about it? Unless it's hurting the club's brand (puke) I'm sure most clubs are taking the money and not giving it a second thought.

As a fan I don't care that we take money from a betting firm, but I do care that we seem to have shacked up with a ragtag compnay that has a 9-year-old in charge of its twitter account.

62 - 78 - 81

Magical Vegas outdoing themselves with their sheeite tweets on 16:40 - Apr 16 with 4582 viewstcblue

Magical Vegas outdoing themselves with their sheeite tweets on 16:21 - Apr 16 by Illinoisblue

do clubs worry about it? Unless it's hurting the club's brand (puke) I'm sure most clubs are taking the money and not giving it a second thought.

As a fan I don't care that we take money from a betting firm, but I do care that we seem to have shacked up with a ragtag compnay that has a 9-year-old in charge of its twitter account.

As far as I know, thanks to Promoted Tweets being largely from the most odious companies, pretty much all of the gambling firms do this sort of crap.

Or make up polls about TV shows that engender fond memories from their target audience.

Either is deeply unsavoury because, let's be real, these companies business models revolve around influencing people who often can't afford it to throw their money at games designed to not be in their favour.
Magical Vegas outdoing themselves with their sheeite tweets on 16:41 - Apr 16 with 4581 viewsSuperfrans

Magical Vegas outdoing themselves with their sheeite tweets on 16:07 - Apr 16 by footers

Don't forget ineffective. Agencies can bullsh1t all they like about impressions but there aren't really any decent metrics for Twitter to define success.

There was one Twitter convo that I'm not able to find right now that was a classic example of what you've pointed out.

User: *mentions working on a project using company's software*
Company: Hi user, what exciting project are you working on using this software?
User: Paper on corporations using social media to create false personas in order to drive sales

There are plenty of metrics to measure success via Twitter.

The power of Twitter is that it enables brands/companies to have a direct relationship with their customers. The problem is that those who don’t trust or like social media always highlight bad use of Twitter (which is generally lame or inauthentic) but there is is possible to use it effectively. You just need to know what you want to use it for.

To be honest, ITFC use it pretty well - they’re much more accessible and responsive than they could ever be without it. And the relationship that the club had with fans via the likes of Jonny Ogle etc was really good - before he left the club. It’s a little anonymous now, but still does a decent job.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Magical Vegas outdoing themselves with their sheeite tweets on 16:41 - Apr 16 with 4582 viewsBluefish

Magical Vegas outdoing themselves with their sheeite tweets on 16:21 - Apr 16 by Illinoisblue

I meant other clubs supporters

It is 2018 and nearly every club has a tin pot sponsor, usually involved in betting. When we didn't have one our supporters moaned that we couldn't get one like everyone else.

Just unfollow them and accept that they give us money. They are just sponsors

Magical Vegas outdoing themselves with their sheeite tweets on 16:48 - Apr 16 with 4547 viewseireblue

Your club sponsors tweets are sh1t and you know they are.

Tweet when you have a sponsors promotion on, you only tweet when you have a club sponsors promotion on

Hmmm may catch on in the terraces.
Magical Vegas outdoing themselves with their sheeite tweets on 16:57 - Apr 16 with 4510 viewsIllinoisblue

Magical Vegas outdoing themselves with their sheeite tweets on 16:41 - Apr 16 by Bluefish

I meant other clubs supporters

It is 2018 and nearly every club has a tin pot sponsor, usually involved in betting. When we didn't have one our supporters moaned that we couldn't get one like everyone else.

Just unfollow them and accept that they give us money. They are just sponsors

it's this acceptance of mediocrity that's so disappointing

62 - 78 - 81

Magical Vegas outdoing themselves with their sheeite tweets on 23:06 - Apr 16 with 4255 viewsEwan_Oozami

And we're doing their work for them by discussing how sheeite their tweets are.. ;-)

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Magical Vegas outdoing themselves with their sheeite tweets on 10:37 - Apr 17 with 4065 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Magical Vegas outdoing themselves with their sheeite tweets on 23:06 - Apr 16 by Ewan_Oozami

And we're doing their work for them by discussing how sheeite their tweets are.. ;-)

I’m enjoying my free spins as we speak

(It’s blue and red in case anyone needs the answer)

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Magical Vegas outdoing themselves with their sheeite tweets on 11:10 - Apr 17 with 4016 viewsFrimleyBlue

You angry about it because you don't know the answer?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

You do know that.... on 11:32 - Apr 17 with 3986 viewsBloots

Magical Vegas outdoing themselves with their sheeite tweets on 16:02 - Apr 16 by benno1uk

Isn't it a bit like a drug dealer giving a 'free sample' in order to get someone hooked?

...Gambling isn't illegal, don't you?

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Magical Vegas outdoing themselves with their sheeite tweets on 11:45 - Apr 17 with 3966 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Thinking about it they’ve missed a golden opportunity to win over Ipswich fans here...

‘Which of these 2 colours can be mixed together to form sh*t?’

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

You do know that.... on 12:38 - Apr 17 with 3933 viewsbenno1uk

You do know that.... on 11:32 - Apr 17 by Bloots

...Gambling isn't illegal, don't you?

I meant the bit about giving 50 free spins.

Sounds like they are trying to get people hooked.
Magical Vegas outdoing themselves with their sheeite tweets on 12:49 - Apr 17 with 3915 viewsBiGDonnie

Magical Vegas outdoing themselves with their sheeite tweets on 16:02 - Apr 16 by benno1uk

Ol' Jimmy used to bang out the testers regularly. Before you knew it you were 4 deep it was 8am and a couple hundred in debt.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Magical Vegas outdoing themselves with their sheeite tweets on 13:29 - Apr 17 with 3873 viewssolemio

I didn't realise Magical Vegas are Muslims.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024