Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A grim irony 09:01 - Apr 18 with 668 viewsGuthrum

The domestic Russia/election crisis, if it comes to a head, could scupper the best chance for a full, US-backed peace treaty in Korea for several decades.

As I see it, Trump is tempramentally more suited for reaching some kind of agreement with the Juche regime than either the too scrupulous Democrats or the traditional Republican Right.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

A grim irony on 09:06 - Apr 18 with 646 viewsconnorscontract

But conversely he has also unpicked a deal with Iran which led to them abandoning their nuclear programme and their military galvanising the fight against Daesh/IS.

He has raised tensions with North Korea, and it is South Korean diplomatic efforts which are currently bearing fruit.
A grim irony on 09:16 - Apr 18 with 621 viewsGuthrum

A grim irony on 09:06 - Apr 18 by connorscontract

But conversely he has also unpicked a deal with Iran which led to them abandoning their nuclear programme and their military galvanising the fight against Daesh/IS.

He has raised tensions with North Korea, and it is South Korean diplomatic efforts which are currently bearing fruit.

He hasn't quite carried through on his threat to ditch the Iranian deal as yet.

And yes, Trump is not the biggest factor in creating the situation where a Korean deal is a possiblity (those being the change of government in the South and the opportunity of the Olympics). However, I do think he's probably the best man to get on well with Kim Jong Un from the American side. Won't ask awkward questions about human rights, sees himself as a dealmaker, lacks some of the traditional Republican ideological prejudices and is hungry for some sort of clear, demonstable success. Plus personality-wise, I'd guess they're quite well matched.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024