Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I see we’re into day 5 now... 12:59 - Apr 18 with 3734 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

...of wetting ourselves over nonsense speculation that we’re about to appoint a non-manager as our manager

A lot of people are going to be somewhat disappointed when we appoint Pardew/McClaren/Zola

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

I see we’re into day 5 now... on 13:06 - Apr 18 with 3702 viewsmaccyd9

Anybody who acts like that over links to any of the top 3 in the betting are frankly idiots.

It is widely speculated that the current Lincoln, Blackburn & Wigan managers are of interest but that they may not fancy the job.

Yet some think we are too good for the likes of Lampard or Gerrard. We are a very average club, poor attendances, little funding, no success of any note in 20 years, we are not a big draw for managers with any real history of success.

I'd take Lampard, Gerrard, Bellamy or someone of that ilk in a heartbeat.

The manager that many still look back on most favourably in the Evans era is Magilton, who had zero managerial experience, a far less successful playing career and a far more questionable temperament.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2018 13:07]
I see we’re into day 5 now... on 13:12 - Apr 18 with 3675 viewsHerbivore

I see we’re into day 5 now... on 13:06 - Apr 18 by maccyd9

Anybody who acts like that over links to any of the top 3 in the betting are frankly idiots.

It is widely speculated that the current Lincoln, Blackburn & Wigan managers are of interest but that they may not fancy the job.

Yet some think we are too good for the likes of Lampard or Gerrard. We are a very average club, poor attendances, little funding, no success of any note in 20 years, we are not a big draw for managers with any real history of success.

I'd take Lampard, Gerrard, Bellamy or someone of that ilk in a heartbeat.

The manager that many still look back on most favourably in the Evans era is Magilton, who had zero managerial experience, a far less successful playing career and a far more questionable temperament.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2018 13:07]

Down arrowed for the suggestion of Bellamy. That little scrote has no place at this club.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I see we’re into day 5 now... on 13:15 - Apr 18 with 3660 viewsmaccyd9

I see we’re into day 5 now... on 13:12 - Apr 18 by Herbivore

Down arrowed for the suggestion of Bellamy. That little scrote has no place at this club.

Based on what?

Do you know anything about him as an individual or are you basing it on the fact he used to play for Norwich?
I see we’re into day 5 now... on 13:20 - Apr 18 with 3629 viewsHerbivore

I see we’re into day 5 now... on 13:15 - Apr 18 by maccyd9

Based on what?

Do you know anything about him as an individual or are you basing it on the fact he used to play for Norwich?

I know that even in Norwich he's not held in very high esteem. Didn't he attack a colleague with a golf club once as well? They thought he was a knob at Newcastle as well. All that aside yes, he's a scummer too and a proper one at that.

What are his credentials anyway? That he says some things on Sky you agree with?

I see we’re into day 5 now... on 13:44 - Apr 18 with 3567 viewsOsborneOneNil

I see we’re into day 5 now... on 13:20 - Apr 18 by Herbivore

I know that even in Norwich he's not held in very high esteem. Didn't he attack a colleague with a golf club once as well? They thought he was a knob at Newcastle as well. All that aside yes, he's a scummer too and a proper one at that.

What are his credentials anyway? That he says some things on Sky you agree with?

Herb, who would you like to see appointed?
I see we’re into day 5 now... on 13:49 - Apr 18 with 3551 viewsmaccyd9

Nothing to do with Sky, although I do happen to think he comes across well.

By all accounts has done his badges and is extremely dedicated and was close to getting the Wales job.

But mainly from what I heard from a good friend who worked at his foundation in Sierre Leone. He was brilliant to be around, spent considerable time hands on in Africa with the children and developed a coaching academy with schooling with the prospect of getting those players opportunities in England if good enough with the schooling to fall back on if not.

He has since got many players over for trials at Cardiff and Chelsea and is highly thought of by Chelsea, having a role in their staff recruitment when they set up their China academy.

He maybe once lacked maturity but it seems when he matured in the latter days of his playing career, he turned his back on the football lifestyle in favour of spending time in Africa and has a huge focus on young players development.

I'm not saying he is without risks, all managers are, but far too many are dismissed without anyone fully knowing their backgrounds.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2018 13:50]
I see we’re into day 5 now... on 13:53 - Apr 18 with 3522 viewsHerbivore

I see we’re into day 5 now... on 13:44 - Apr 18 by OsborneOneNil

Herb, who would you like to see appointed?

Not sure, I'd be happy with Mogga or Warburton as experienced managers. Someone like Hurst or Stiejn would also be interesting, young managers who have had success elsewhere on limited budgets. I'm not sure now is the time for a manager with no experience, Mick was involved in so much of the running of the football side of things that I don't think a total novice can fill his shoes.

I see we’re into day 5 now... on 13:55 - Apr 18 with 3507 viewsHerbivore

I see we’re into day 5 now... on 13:49 - Apr 18 by maccyd9

Nothing to do with Sky, although I do happen to think he comes across well.

By all accounts has done his badges and is extremely dedicated and was close to getting the Wales job.

But mainly from what I heard from a good friend who worked at his foundation in Sierre Leone. He was brilliant to be around, spent considerable time hands on in Africa with the children and developed a coaching academy with schooling with the prospect of getting those players opportunities in England if good enough with the schooling to fall back on if not.

He has since got many players over for trials at Cardiff and Chelsea and is highly thought of by Chelsea, having a role in their staff recruitment when they set up their China academy.

He maybe once lacked maturity but it seems when he matured in the latter days of his playing career, he turned his back on the football lifestyle in favour of spending time in Africa and has a huge focus on young players development.

I'm not saying he is without risks, all managers are, but far too many are dismissed without anyone fully knowing their backgrounds.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2018 13:50]

Doing your badges is a minimum requirement for any manager. Not sure of the relevance of him doing charity work in Africa, Bono does lots for charity and he's also a tit and is only barely less qualified for the job than Bellamy. Sorry mate, but he's totally untested as a manager, he's a knob, and he's a scummer. It's a no from me.

Login to get fewer ads

I see we’re into day 5 now... on 13:57 - Apr 18 with 3497 viewsOsborneOneNil

I see we’re into day 5 now... on 13:53 - Apr 18 by Herbivore

Not sure, I'd be happy with Mogga or Warburton as experienced managers. Someone like Hurst or Stiejn would also be interesting, young managers who have had success elsewhere on limited budgets. I'm not sure now is the time for a manager with no experience, Mick was involved in so much of the running of the football side of things that I don't think a total novice can fill his shoes.

Yeah fair enough, tough call isn't it.

I think, if money allowed, a young upcoming manager with an old head alongside to help with the other matters MM took care off. Perhaps...
I see we’re into day 5 now... on 14:02 - Apr 18 with 3468 viewsHerbivore

I see we’re into day 5 now... on 13:57 - Apr 18 by OsborneOneNil

I think, if money allowed, a young upcoming manager with an old head alongside to help with the other matters MM took care off. Perhaps...

I wouldn't be against a Director of Football, though no idea who, working with a young coach. It's a decent approach for a club like us that needs to have a long term plan involving the academy and, hopefully, developing a way of playing that stays consistent. You need someone in place who won't go as soon as results take a dip so that you're not always throwing the baby out with the bath water. Watford look a basket case with the yearly (or more) managerial changes and yet they are a stable Prem club who have a way of playing and recruiting that doesn't drastically change, Brentford have also retained a philosophy in terms of how they play and recruit and develop talent. It can be done, it'd be a decent route for us but not sure ME would go for it or who would be the man to be DoF. Heart and nostalgia says Burley but I'm not sure that he'd be right for it.

I see we’re into day 5 now... on 15:09 - Apr 18 with 3400 viewsmaccyd9

I see we’re into day 5 now... on 13:55 - Apr 18 by Herbivore

Doing your badges is a minimum requirement for any manager. Not sure of the relevance of him doing charity work in Africa, Bono does lots for charity and he's also a tit and is only barely less qualified for the job than Bellamy. Sorry mate, but he's totally untested as a manager, he's a knob, and he's a scummer. It's a no from me.

The relevance would be that you seem to dislike his character, you asked me what grounds I would take him and I have given an example of why. It may or may not impress you but knowing people that have directly worked with him gives me an advantage as to whether he is as you suggest a "scrote" or a "knob".
I see we’re into day 5 now... on 15:18 - Apr 18 with 3383 viewsharby1

I think we could do a lot worse than try and appoint Neil Lennon. Has good experience at different size clubs some success and plays football in the right way.

I'm sure he would welcome the chance to get back into English football and wage demands after Hibs must surely be in our range?
I see we’re into day 5 now... on 16:04 - Apr 18 with 3329 viewsHerbivore

I see we’re into day 5 now... on 15:09 - Apr 18 by maccyd9

The relevance would be that you seem to dislike his character, you asked me what grounds I would take him and I have given an example of why. It may or may not impress you but knowing people that have directly worked with him gives me an advantage as to whether he is as you suggest a "scrote" or a "knob".

Jimmy Saville did loads for charity as well, mate. You can keep Bellamy, ta.

I see we’re into day 5 now... on 16:07 - Apr 18 with 3306 viewsBlueBadger

Zola IS quite fanous though. That might ease the pain for some.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I see we’re into day 5 now... on 16:11 - Apr 18 with 3286 viewstextbackup

I see we’re into day 5 now... on 15:09 - Apr 18 by maccyd9

I’d take Bellamy over Kuqi or Holland.

Although be funny if we did get Bellamy as Herbs would have to back him (as per with the last manager)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I see we’re into day 5 now... on 16:18 - Apr 18 with 3271 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I see we’re into day 5 now... on 13:57 - Apr 18 by OsborneOneNil

Personally I'd like Darrell Clarke to be appointed.

Failing that, Appoint Marcus Stewart as manager and someone like Burley as DoF (or similar)

At least Marcus has been coaching for a few years and been an assistant manager for the last 5
I see we’re into day 5 now... on 16:56 - Apr 18 with 3228 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Not saying I'd like Bellamy to come here but what were Magilton credentials when he got the job?
I see we’re into day 5 now... on 17:15 - Apr 18 with 3182 viewsLuk38644

I see we’re into day 5 now... on 13:53 - Apr 18 by Herbivore

I echo this.

If we want experience at this level along with a decent style of football, Mogga and Warburton fit the bill nicely.

If we want to take more of a risk and hope we latch onto a managerial wave, Hurst, Steijn, Clarke or Jones would fit the bill.

I think one thing Evans needs to really prioritise in his search is the brand of football they will play. There are both experienced options and young punts, I just hope Evans gets his approach right.
I see we’re into day 5 now... on 17:56 - Apr 18 with 3136 viewsHerbivore

I see we’re into day 5 now... on 16:56 - Apr 18 by Mach_foreignBlue

Not saying I'd like Bellamy to come here but what were Magilton credentials when he got the job?

I didn't want Magilton as manager either.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024