Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
...because the world really needs another potential war 14:42 - Apr 18 with 2480 viewsgiant_stow

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-04-18/turkish-fighter-jets-harass-helicopter

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

...because the world really needs another potential war on 14:45 - Apr 18 with 2465 viewsGeoffSentence

Probably being friendly. They actually shot down a Russian jet and now those two are best buddies

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

...because the world really needs another potential war on 14:56 - Apr 18 with 2443 viewsStokieBlue

Turkey is a strange one at the moment. A member of NATO but quickly heading towards totalitarianism which is strange given it's history of secularism. In the last year Turkey has jailed more reporters than any other country in the world.

You then have the juxtaposition of them being a member of NATO but buying military equipment (air defenses) from the Russians and being in near constant disagreement with their NATO ally Greece over Cyprus.

Furthermore you have them originally arguing with the Russians, then cosying up to the Russians and now once again criticising the Russians for their stance on Afrin whilst still buying their military equipment.

It's pretty hard to predict what they will do at the moment. The only thing I am pretty sure they wouldn't do is start a war with another NATO ally.

It's a real shame as it's a beautiful country with a long history and somewhere I haven't managed to visit yet.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

...because the world really needs another potential war on 15:22 - Apr 18 with 2395 viewsfactual_blue

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

...because the world really needs another potential war on 15:23 - Apr 18 with 2393 viewsSpruceMoose

...because the world really needs another potential war on 15:22 - Apr 18 by factual_blue

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

...because the world really needs another potential war on 15:26 - Apr 18 with 2390 viewsfactual_blue

...because the world really needs another potential war on 15:23 - Apr 18 by SpruceMoose

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

...because the world really needs another potential war on 15:37 - Apr 18 with 2364 viewsFtnfwest

...because the world really needs another potential war on 14:45 - Apr 18 by GeoffSentence

Probably being friendly. They actually shot down a Russian jet and now those two are best buddies

No it was all an American cover up
...because the world really needs another potential war on 15:37 - Apr 18 with 2364 viewsSpruceMoose

...because the world really needs another potential war on 15:26 - Apr 18 by factual_blue

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

...because the world really needs another potential war on 16:49 - Apr 18 with 2301 viewsStokieBlue

...because the world really needs another potential war on 14:56 - Apr 18 by StokieBlue

Turkey is a strange one at the moment. A member of NATO but quickly heading towards totalitarianism which is strange given it's history of secularism. In the last year Turkey has jailed more reporters than any other country in the world.

You then have the juxtaposition of them being a member of NATO but buying military equipment (air defenses) from the Russians and being in near constant disagreement with their NATO ally Greece over Cyprus.

Furthermore you have them originally arguing with the Russians, then cosying up to the Russians and now once again criticising the Russians for their stance on Afrin whilst still buying their military equipment.

It's pretty hard to predict what they will do at the moment. The only thing I am pretty sure they wouldn't do is start a war with another NATO ally.

It's a real shame as it's a beautiful country with a long history and somewhere I haven't managed to visit yet.

SB

Good timing:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/apr/18/turkey-to-hold-snap-elections-on-2

Last step towards all-powerful dictatorship in the country.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

...because the world really needs another potential war on 16:55 - Apr 18 with 2284 viewsm14_blue

...because the world really needs another potential war on 14:56 - Apr 18 by StokieBlue

SB

It's a fabulous place that is moving backwards at some pace.

Ataturk's legacy is being destroyed by Erdogan.
...because the world really needs another potential war on 17:21 - Apr 18 with 2252 viewsNo9

SB

There was a very interesting programme on TV last night about Thurkey & how the new PM is very conservative and reversing many of the more liberal things hat have been done over the years. The workers in the vineyards can eat the grapes but not drink wine, some cities the full Muslim attire must be workn by females etc. etc.
One entrepreneur has opened Muslim only hotels and is doing great business.
Not a good sing really with Malaysia doing much the same thing we have to wonder where it will all end?
...because the world really needs another potential war on 17:24 - Apr 18 with 2247 viewsLuk38644

SB

Nice surprise to see you've returned SB, welcome back!
...because the world really needs another potential war on 17:51 - Apr 18 with 2232 viewsconnorscontract

Wow. Some of the below the line comments on that are breathtaking.

There's a lot of hate in the world...
...because the world really needs another potential war on 17:57 - Apr 18 with 2226 viewsgiant_stow

...because the world really needs another potential war on 17:51 - Apr 18 by connorscontract

Wow. Some of the below the line comments on that are breathtaking.

There's a lot of hate in the world...

I never read the comments on the site - most of them are bonkers and/or hateful. Mind you, I think many would say the same about the above the line stuff on there.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

...because the world really needs another potential war on 23:21 - Apr 18 with 2147 viewsconnorscontract

...because the world really needs another potential war on 17:57 - Apr 18 by giant_stow

I never read the comments on the site - most of them are bonkers and/or hateful. Mind you, I think many would say the same about the above the line stuff on there.

Not in the same league. Absolute bile and hate-speak on there. Not having a go at you for posting it, at all, the article is interesting, but the comments are just eye-openingly shocking.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2018 23:48]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024