Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting piece on Southampton not having sold out the FA Cup semi 15:40 - Apr 18 with 3221 viewsSteve_M

I've not followed them closely enough to have an opinion but it's telling that there is seemingly so little interest in what should be a high point for a club like Southampton.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/47943

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Interesting piece on Southampton not having sold out the FA Cup semi on 15:42 - Apr 18 with 3199 viewsSteve_M

They have a thread on the story, it's like a glimpse into a parallel universe:

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/forum/222002/why-would-anyone

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Interesting piece on Southampton not having sold out the FA Cup semi on 15:53 - Apr 18 with 3162 viewsDanFord

Haha!

'I genuinely cant be arsed to go. Given the choice between being sat in the garden (its going to be a scorcher) having a bbq and sinking a few beer with friends watching it. Or endure a nightmare crushed train journey there and back, with fat and sweaty middle aged mongs in football shirts that are 3 sizes to small, drinkning warm expensive crap lager. No competition for me.'

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Interesting piece on Southampton not having sold out the FA Cup semi on 15:55 - Apr 18 with 3158 viewsEwan_Oozami

Interesting piece on Southampton not having sold out the FA Cup semi on 15:42 - Apr 18 by Steve_M

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/forum/222002/why-would-anyone

Just need to change the name of the club and it could be this, or any other, forum! Except with a Hampshire accent
[Post edited 18 Apr 2018 15:55]

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Interesting piece on Southampton not having sold out the FA Cup semi on 15:58 - Apr 18 with 3142 viewsOsborneOneNil

Yeah I go to a few Saints games as they're local to me....I was surprised to receive an email last week offering me a ticket.
Interesting piece on Southampton not having sold out the FA Cup semi on 15:58 - Apr 18 with 3139 viewsDanFord

Modern football is totally f***ed. Did anyone see that Inter Milan did away with player names on their shirts last night and had TWITTER HANDLES! So basically the dream for us is to get promoted and dream of being another Southampton that does okay for a few years finishing mid table and winning some and losing some, before we fall out of the club again?

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Interesting piece on Southampton not having sold out the FA Cup semi on 16:06 - Apr 18 with 3100 viewsIllinoisblue

Interesting piece on Southampton not having sold out the FA Cup semi on 15:42 - Apr 18 by Steve_M

Jordan Sibley = Benters

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

That's why ther're going down, that's why they're going down! on 16:12 - Apr 18 with 3068 viewsPendejo

Became too accustomed to the "good life" and too blasé about their football. Didn't they get to a SF recently?

Probably a new fan who never set foot in The Dell [one of my fav old grounds due to its sheer quirkiness].

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

That's why ther're going down, that's why they're going down! on 16:22 - Apr 18 with 3025 viewsIllinoisblue

That's why ther're going down, that's why they're going down! on 16:12 - Apr 18 by Pendejo

Became too accustomed to the "good life" and too blasé about their football. Didn't they get to a SF recently?

Probably a new fan who never set foot in The Dell [one of my fav old grounds due to its sheer quirkiness].

the Dell was a fantastic little odd-shaped ground. Anyone recall going to the cup game there in 1991? All got a bit naughty in the seats. We lost 3-2. Shearer and LeTissier (2) for them. Think we scored first.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Interesting piece on Southampton not having sold out the FA Cup semi on 16:27 - Apr 18 with 2997 viewsSpruceMoose

Interesting piece on Southampton not having sold out the FA Cup semi on 16:06 - Apr 18 by Illinoisblue

Jordan Sibley = Benters

Benters with an intelligence bump of 60%.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Interesting piece on Southampton not having sold out the FA Cup semi on 16:29 - Apr 18 with 2986 viewsSpruceMoose

That forum is terrible. All of the threads are about football!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:52 - Apr 18 with 2931 viewsFtnfwest

Reminds me that while history and memories are all we've got, at least we've got them
[Post edited 18 Apr 2018 16:54]
Interesting piece on Southampton not having sold out the FA Cup semi on 16:58 - Apr 18 with 2900 viewsbluelou

Last weekend I was told that Chelsea hadbt sold out either

Poll: What will have the greatest positive impact on attendances next season?

Interesting piece on Southampton not having sold out the FA Cup semi on 17:06 - Apr 18 with 2874 viewsBlueinBrum

Wow that is a depressing read. If they are that apathetic then it is a minor miracle that we get attendances of more than about 9.
Interesting piece on Southampton not having sold out the FA Cup semi on 18:22 - Apr 18 with 2765 viewsTractorWood

I don't think the semi at Wembley helps. If you are on the blasé side you can swerve the £80 ticket for the semi and just go to the final. Should have never changed it from neutral semi venues but they have to pay for Wembley somehow. I endured many a soulless night at Wembley accumulating caps for the Euro's. Compared to some of the great European grounds it's a sanitised megastructure.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Interesting piece on Southampton not having sold out the FA Cup semi on 18:45 - Apr 18 with 2714 viewsPJH

Interesting piece on Southampton not having sold out the FA Cup semi on 18:22 - Apr 18 by TractorWood

I don't think the semi at Wembley helps. If you are on the blasé side you can swerve the £80 ticket for the semi and just go to the final. Should have never changed it from neutral semi venues but they have to pay for Wembley somehow. I endured many a soulless night at Wembley accumulating caps for the Euro's. Compared to some of the great European grounds it's a sanitised megastructure.

Part of the joy of getting to the semi finals was that you were "one step from Wembley".

That is yet another thing that no longer applies in modern football.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024