Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Suit advice... 15:44 - Apr 19 with 5482 viewsSwailsey

Remarkable question I know.

Those who wear suits daily - how many do you have? Do you wear them every day? Do you wash your jackets?

Genuinely a serious question because I’m mental.

Also, can I wear it to an away ground...Rommy?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Suit advice... on 15:45 - Apr 19 with 4975 viewsSpruceMoose

Luckily, I don't have to wear a suit, working in a somewhat casual workplace. I believe if you're after high end suits J2 and Rommers are your men. He're a shot of them looking on at Ascot as their bets come in last, and second from last.

[Post edited 19 Apr 2018 15:46]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Suit advice... on 15:46 - Apr 19 with 4967 viewsPJH

You do not have to wear a suit to meet Newcy.
Suit advice... on 15:46 - Apr 19 with 4965 viewsSteve_M

Well, at least you've found out where to buy one from then.

I rarely wear a suit to work these days, the jacket would just sit on the back of my chair all day. And I think I've only worn a suit to an away ground when I've gone corporate, worn one to PR a few times though.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2018 16:00]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Suit advice... on 15:47 - Apr 19 with 4952 viewshampstead_blue

I buy all mine from Duchamp but only ever the outlet. £250 will see you right. I've one from 6 years back and it's still rocking a great look.

Some people where I work wear cheap suits and it sticks out like a sore thumb.

A cheap suit is a cheap suit. You will look cheap and be replacing it in no time.

Think about the cut, quality of fabric, seat, jacket construction.
Lots to consider.

Never wash, only dry clean.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Suit advice... on 15:51 - Apr 19 with 4908 viewsJ2BLUE

Suit advice... on 15:45 - Apr 19 by SpruceMoose

Luckily, I don't have to wear a suit, working in a somewhat casual workplace. I believe if you're after high end suits J2 and Rommers are your men. He're a shot of them looking on at Ascot as their bets come in last, and second from last.

I'm the one on the right.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Suit advice... on 15:52 - Apr 19 with 4901 viewsPJH

Suit advice... on 15:51 - Apr 19 by J2BLUE

I'm the one on the right.

I didn't recognize Rommy without his hood up.
Suit advice... on 15:53 - Apr 19 with 4897 viewsfactual_blue

Suit advice... on 15:45 - Apr 19 by SpruceMoose

You do wear a uniform though

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Suit advice... on 15:54 - Apr 19 with 4893 viewsSwailsey

Suit advice... on 15:47 - Apr 19 by hampstead_blue

I buy all mine from Duchamp but only ever the outlet. £250 will see you right. I've one from 6 years back and it's still rocking a great look.

A cheap suit is a cheap suit. You will look cheap and be replacing it in no time.

Lots to consider.

Thanks. Are they the sort of thing you can wear day in and day out?

I’m in a role where I have more and more meetings, but I’m also the sort of person who washes all his clothes after one use..

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Login to get fewer ads

Suit advice... on 15:59 - Apr 19 with 4868 viewstcblue

Suit advice... on 15:47 - Apr 19 by hampstead_blue

Lots to consider.

This is all good advice (I buy Jaeger but always from outlets), I would say ideally you'll need 3 for everyday use, and to rotate so you can have 2 available when the 3rd is at the drycleaners.

I don't wear suits anymore for work, but when I did, I followed the above.

Also think about winter and summer and the weight of the suit, I have a lovely dark, very heavy wool suit that looks the nuts but in the height of summer on the tube it's a bad choice
Suit advice... on 16:09 - Apr 19 with 4829 viewsBluebell

Suit advice... on 15:54 - Apr 19 by Swailsey

Thanks. Are they the sort of thing you can wear day in and day out?

I’m in a role where I have more and more meetings, but I’m also the sort of person who washes all his clothes after one use..

As someone said....no way do you wash a suit.

Most people would have two or three and wear them all at different times during the week. That way you can 'air' them in between. Definitely dry cleaners when they are smelly.
Suit advice... on 16:15 - Apr 19 with 4791 viewsSwailsey

Suit advice... on 16:09 - Apr 19 by Bluebell

As someone said....no way do you wash a suit.

Most people would have two or three and wear them all at different times during the week. That way you can 'air' them in between. Definitely dry cleaners when they are smelly.

What an outlay!

Thanks all.

Suit advice... on 16:16 - Apr 19 with 4785 viewsJ2BLUE

Suit advice... on 16:15 - Apr 19 by Swailsey

What an outlay!

Thanks all.

Go in a mankini and tell them if they don't like it, they can fook off.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Suit advice... on 16:19 - Apr 19 with 4774 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

A suit worn daily is also known as a uniform. ;-)

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Suit advice... on 16:22 - Apr 19 with 4766 viewsartsbossbeard

When I was a slave to The Man, I always purchased my suits from M&S and off the peg.

1x suit jacket & 2x trousers to elongate time in service.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Suit advice... on 16:23 - Apr 19 with 4756 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Suit advice... on 15:52 - Apr 19 by PJH

I didn't recognize Rommy without his hood up.

You’ll see me with Newcy Saturday rocking the casual jeans and sunglasses look. Sorty.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Suit advice... on 16:27 - Apr 19 with 4753 viewshomer_123

What you really need is an excellent overcoat.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Suit advice... on 16:29 - Apr 19 with 4753 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Suit advice... on 16:15 - Apr 19 by Swailsey

What an outlay!

Thanks all.

Does your company insist on you wearing a suit?

I used to wear a suit on a daily basis when I was in a more corporate role, I noticed that most of my influential clients never wore a suit, more likely jeans / chinos and a well cut shirt and jacket.

If you wear the wrong suit, it can really make you look much less smart than you would think.

Wear what you like, so long as it looks good / smart and fits well.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Suit advice... on 16:31 - Apr 19 with 4737 viewstcblue

Suit advice... on 16:29 - Apr 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

I used to wear a suit on a daily basis when I was in a more corporate role, I noticed that most of my influential clients never wore a suit, more likely jeans / chinos and a well cut shirt and jacket.

If you wear the wrong suit, it can really make you look much less smart than you would think.

That's easy for you to say, you've got 5 stars on your name badge
Suit advice... on 16:33 - Apr 19 with 4726 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Suit advice... on 16:31 - Apr 19 by tcblue

That's easy for you to say, you've got 5 stars on your name badge

;-)

....I had to google that.

Suit advice... on 16:58 - Apr 19 with 4679 viewsSwailsey

Suit advice... on 16:29 - Apr 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

No, but I’d like to and used to enjoy wearing one.

I’m not after anything particularly flashy, but I’m fairly conscious about my arms, so like the idea of something covering them that isn’t a coat!

Suit advice... on 16:59 - Apr 19 with 4674 viewsgerard1947

When I was working it was suits pretty much all of the time. I had about 6 on the go, where possible I always bought 2 trouser and 1 jacket. I'd never drive wearing a jacket, always hung it on the hook thingy. Different suit every day, only dry cleaned.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2018 17:08]
Suit advice... on 17:07 - Apr 19 with 4654 viewshype313

Suit advice... on 16:22 - Apr 19 by artsbossbeard

When I was a slave to The Man, I always purchased my suits from M&S and off the peg.

Or in Warkys case 1 x suit jacket & 8 x trousers.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Suit advice... on 21:43 - Apr 19 with 4469 viewshoppy

Suit advice... on 16:22 - Apr 19 by artsbossbeard

I wouldn’t have thought the ‘off the peg’ trousers would’ve needed to be elongated for you though, would they?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Suit advice... on 07:30 - Apr 20 with 4286 viewsPlums

I’d echo the comments here about outlets. Also, if you’re not in a hurry, keep checking TK Maxx, you can pick up Daniel Hechter or other decent off the peg suits for a song but it’s very hit and miss. Definitely go for the extra trousers if you can.
Often a decent jacket over contrasting trousers looks much smarter than may suits.
Alternatively, ask yourself if the firm you work for is so stuck in its ways to demand a suit, how up to date is its corporate strategy? When you get the answer, think about moving on somewhere where it’s 2018.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2018 7:31]

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Suit advice... on 07:51 - Apr 20 with 4250 viewsSwailsey

Suit advice... on 07:30 - Apr 20 by Plums

I’d echo the comments here about outlets. Also, if you’re not in a hurry, keep checking TK Maxx, you can pick up Daniel Hechter or other decent off the peg suits for a song but it’s very hit and miss. Definitely go for the extra trousers if you can.
Often a decent jacket over contrasting trousers looks much smarter than may suits.
Alternatively, ask yourself if the firm you work for is so stuck in its ways to demand a suit, how up to date is its corporate strategy? When you get the answer, think about moving on somewhere where it’s 2018.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2018 7:31]

Thanks!

I should point out though that it’s purelt my choice - there’s no pressure or commitment from work - it’s quite laid back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024