Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Friday music thread - The first album and single that you bought 11:04 - Apr 20 with 8161 viewsGlasgowBlue

with your own money (pocket money)

Album

Single

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Friday music thread - The first album and single that you bought on 11:25 - Apr 20 with 4514 viewsBlueBadger

First single :

First album:

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Friday music thread - The first album and single that you bought on 11:29 - Apr 20 with 4501 viewsgiant_stow

album

single

(playing this now and it ages well imho)

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Friday music thread - The first album and single that you bought on 11:35 - Apr 20 with 4492 viewsGeoffSentence

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Friday music thread - The first album and single that you bought on 11:38 - Apr 20 with 4488 viewsStokieBlue

Wow, this could/is embarrassing but I think they were (not sure I can remember the album actually):

Single:

Album:

I know, I know.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Friday music thread - The first album and single that you bought on 11:39 - Apr 20 with 4484 viewsPJH

Not sure in either case but the single would have been from 1964 and possibly "You Really Got Me".
Six shillings and eight pence each and therefore three singles for a pound in old money.

Album was possibly The Shadows Greatest Hits but again not certain.

edit-ignore the 1964 bit 'cos I just heard "You'll Never Walk Alone" on SKY from 1963 and I had that as a single so my first single was from 1963,still not sure what it was though.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2018 12:53]
Friday music thread - The first album and single that you bought on 11:45 - Apr 20 with 4480 viewsIP12

Single wise...Johnny Be Good - Chuck Berry
Friday music thread - The first album and single that you bought on 11:48 - Apr 20 with 4471 viewsDubtractor

First album was status quo, in the army now.

Never really bought singles.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Friday music thread - The first album and single that you bought on 11:49 - Apr 20 with 4469 viewsSteve_M

Friday music thread - The first album and single that you bought on 11:25 - Apr 20 by BlueBadger

First single :

First album:

Same first album, saves me digging it out on youtube. Might have been a present but it was definitely the first album I owned.

I probably bought some godawful late-80s compilation shortly afterwards though.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Friday music thread - The first album and single that you bought on 11:49 - Apr 20 with 4466 viewshampstead_blue

Frankie Go's to Hollywood - Welcome to the Pleasuredome

It's my Party - Dave Stewart and Barbara Gaskin

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Friday music thread - The first album and single that you bought on 11:51 - Apr 20 with 4466 viewsBrixtonBlue

My album's pretty cool. Single, less so!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Friday music thread - The first album and single that you bought on 11:53 - Apr 20 with 4461 viewsHeathlander

Mine are utterly shameful.

First single - I lost my heart to a starship trooper by Hot Gossip.
First album: Boney M - Nightflight to Venus

Hangs head in shame.
Friday music thread - The first album and single that you bought on 11:57 - Apr 20 with 4451 viewsPJH

Friday music thread - The first album and single that you bought on 11:45 - Apr 20 by IP12

Single wise...Johnny Be Good - Chuck Berry

One of my top 10 and probably top 5 tracks of all time although I never had it as a single.
Being a bit pedantic it is actually Goode with an 'e'.
Friday music thread - The first album and single that you bought on 11:59 - Apr 20 with 4448 viewsGeoffSentence

Friday music thread - The first album and single that you bought on 11:51 - Apr 20 by BrixtonBlue

My album's pretty cool. Single, less so!

For a short while after Kings Of The Wild Frontier came out I was the coolest guy in the school as I was the only person who owned this

My place in the sun didn't last long though, The Kings Of The Wild Frontier newbies were less than impressed by Dirk and I went back to my normal position was school oddball.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Friday music thread - The first album and single that you bought on 12:01 - Apr 20 with 4442 viewswoodbridge_blue

First single was Fire Brigade by The Move, and first album was Elton John's Greatest Hits, the mid 1970s version.
Friday music thread - The first album and single that you bought on 12:05 - Apr 20 with 4436 viewsgiant_stow

Friday music thread - The first album and single that you bought on 11:39 - Apr 20 by PJH

Not sure in either case but the single would have been from 1964 and possibly "You Really Got Me".
Six shillings and eight pence each and therefore three singles for a pound in old money.

Album was possibly The Shadows Greatest Hits but again not certain.

edit-ignore the 1964 bit 'cos I just heard "You'll Never Walk Alone" on SKY from 1963 and I had that as a single so my first single was from 1963,still not sure what it was though.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2018 12:53]

I have a good mate who's nuts about the Kinks - hes met Ray Davis several times (even knows which highgate pub he drinks in - ahem). For his 50th b-day party ages back me and mates bought cheap black tuxedos from matalan and did 3 of their greatest hits to the party - I was the rythem section on a tamborine (amazing how much noise one of those will make if bang it hard enough) although the rest were actual musicians.

Anyway, cool story bro or what?!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Friday music thread - The first album and single that you bought on 12:08 - Apr 20 with 4426 viewsWD19

[Post edited 20 Apr 2018 12:09]
Friday music thread - The first album and single that you bought on 12:09 - Apr 20 with 4417 viewsPJH

Friday music thread - The first album and single that you bought on 12:05 - Apr 20 by giant_stow

I have a good mate who's nuts about the Kinks - hes met Ray Davis several times (even knows which highgate pub he drinks in - ahem). For his 50th b-day party ages back me and mates bought cheap black tuxedos from matalan and did 3 of their greatest hits to the party - I was the rythem section on a tamborine (amazing how much noise one of those will make if bang it hard enough) although the rest were actual musicians.

Anyway, cool story bro or what?!

Certainly is a cool story.

I have seen the great man live a few times but the nearest that I can get to your story is to occasionally break into the introduction to "You Really Got Me"-DOO,DOO,DOO,DOO.DOO.

In fact I just did!
Friday music thread - The first album and single that you bought on 12:16 - Apr 20 with 4408 viewsBlueNomad

Album: Slade Alive

Single:

[Post edited 20 Apr 2018 12:20]
Friday music thread - The first album and single that you bought on 12:18 - Apr 20 with 4406 viewsgiant_stow

Friday music thread - The first album and single that you bought on 12:09 - Apr 20 by PJH

Certainly is a cool story.

I have seen the great man live a few times but the nearest that I can get to your story is to occasionally break into the introduction to "You Really Got Me"-DOO,DOO,DOO,DOO.DOO.

In fact I just did!

Yeah we did that one and Sunny Afternoon and Waterloo Sunset - absolute tunes.

Friday music thread - The first album and single that you bought on 12:21 - Apr 20 with 4394 viewsblueislander

Friday music thread - The first album and single that you bought on 12:18 - Apr 20 by giant_stow

First single was When by the Kalin Twins . First LP was by Duane Eddy, can't remember what it was called.
Friday music thread - The first album and single that you bought on 12:24 - Apr 20 with 4388 viewsPJH

Friday music thread - The first album and single that you bought on 12:18 - Apr 20 by giant_stow

As Sir R.D. Davies wrote "Thank you for the days...."

A truly great songwriter.
Friday music thread - The first album and single that you bought on 12:25 - Apr 20 with 4388 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

T.REX Electric Warior & The Slider albums bought together, saved for months to buy them.

The Sweet Blockbuster.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Friday music thread - The first album and single that you bought on 12:29 - Apr 20 with 4377 viewsIllinoisblue

Single: Falco's Rock Me Amadeus.
Album: The Singles Depeche Mode 81 - 85

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Friday music thread - The first album and single that you bought on 12:32 - Apr 20 with 4376 viewsurbanblue

Album ... Electric Warrior by T Rex. Single ... Horse with No Name by America.

I remember when I bought Electric Warrior my mate telling me to take it out of the bag and tuck it under my arm to show it off.

Still a great album!
Friday music thread - The first album and single that you bought on 12:42 - Apr 20 with 4359 viewstcblue

Album: The Hardline According to Terence Trent D'Arby
Single: I think it was What Time is Love by the KLF

Both when I was pretty young, I think I only owned about two albums from 1987 - 1991, not much pocket money available for such extravagance.

Recorded the chart show onto cassette religiously though. Filthy pirate.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024