Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy Birthday to Her Maj 08:01 - Apr 21 with 13052 viewsGlasgowBlue

Still working hard at 92years of age.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 11:44 - Apr 22 with 3854 viewsGlasgowBlue

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 11:16 - Apr 22 by Lord_Lucan

Fair enough if you are an anti monarchist but you cannot dispute the massive amount of work she does.

You are coming across as a melt.

Completely agree. Nothing wrong with being a republican. But to deny that she doesn't work hard shows complete and utter ignorance.

Dolly probably thinks that company directors don't work hard because all they do is hold a series of meetings, read reports and spreadsheets.

Iron Lion Zion

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 11:54 - Apr 22 with 3837 viewsBrixtonBlue

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 11:44 - Apr 22 by GlasgowBlue

Completely agree. Nothing wrong with being a republican. But to deny that she doesn't work hard shows complete and utter ignorance.

Dolly probably thinks that company directors don't work hard because all they do is hold a series of meetings, read reports and spreadsheets.

Glassgow Blue doesn't realise the hard work of a company director is due to the stress of that job, where bad decisions could destroy the company with the loss of hundreds of thousands of jobs.

The Queen doesn't have that.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 12:00 - Apr 22 with 3821 viewsRyorry

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 11:38 - Apr 22 by BrixtonBlue

She's been in a goldfish bowl and stared at all her life, she won't know any different.

Smiling and being nice I find easy (probably from my years in retail).

I'd put up with that hardship to live in her luxury.

Well at least you had the freedom to *choose* your career - something she didn't. They are brought up with a sense of history, and the requirements of duty and obligation, which she has filled unfailingly for a working life of nearly 70 years now.

"She's been in a goldfish bowl and stared at all her life, she won't know any different"

What an ignorant, arrogant thing to say - you have no idea of her inner character or preferences - she might have hated the prospect as much as I would, but felt obliged to shoulder the responsibility out of the aforementioned sense of duty.

The cage may be gilded, but it's still a cage.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 12:03 - Apr 22 with 3806 viewsGlasgowBlue

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 12:00 - Apr 22 by Ryorry

Well at least you had the freedom to *choose* your career - something she didn't. They are brought up with a sense of history, and the requirements of duty and obligation, which she has filled unfailingly for a working life of nearly 70 years now.

"She's been in a goldfish bowl and stared at all her life, she won't know any different"

What an ignorant, arrogant thing to say - you have no idea of her inner character or preferences - she might have hated the prospect as much as I would, but felt obliged to shoulder the responsibility out of the aforementioned sense of duty.

Her sense of duty can't be ignored. She could have been forgiven for stepping down in favour of Charlie 12 years ago and enjoyed her retirement with Phil the Greek.

Iron Lion Zion

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 12:40 - Apr 22 with 3766 viewsBrixtonBlue

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 12:00 - Apr 22 by Ryorry

One word: abdication.

It seems to be you who is ignorant if you think the Queen doesn't have a choice.

Not sure where arrogance comes into things.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 12:45 - Apr 22 with 3754 viewsLord_Lucan

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 12:40 - Apr 22 by BrixtonBlue

It seems to be you who is ignorant if you think the Queen doesn't have a choice.

Queenie see's it as her duty. She would not dream of abdicating whilst she is fit and able to do her job.

She pretty much admits she has given up her life to serve her country.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 12:49 - Apr 22 with 3737 viewsBrixtonBlue

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 12:45 - Apr 22 by Lord_Lucan

Queenie see's it as her duty. She would not dream of abdicating whilst she is fit and able to do her job.

She pretty much admits she has given up her life to serve her country.

Fair enough, good on her. I admire her for that. She *does* have a choice though?

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 12:50 - Apr 22 with 3731 viewsBrixtonBlue

Haha, you can't answer so just fire off a down-arrow Ryorry? Brilliant.

Login to get fewer ads

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 12:54 - Apr 22 with 3715 viewsGlasgowBlue

Three words. Sense of duty.

Iron Lion Zion

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 12:56 - Apr 22 with 3709 viewsGlasgowBlue

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 12:50 - Apr 22 by BrixtonBlue

I have done both. Always happy to oblige.

Iron Lion Zion

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 13:06 - Apr 22 with 3697 viewsRyorry

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 12:50 - Apr 22 by BrixtonBlue

Sunny day, working outside, thinking you had sufficient intelligence to understand what I'd already said about "duty" and "obligation", LL having explained it before I had time to, and not wanting to get into another hours long interminable argument with you are, I trust, sufficient to answer your premature assumption. Go on, fire me a downie, be well worth it to be shot of your silly comments.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 13:41 - Apr 22 with 3665 viewsBrixtonBlue

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 12:54 - Apr 22 by GlasgowBlue

Three words. Sense of duty.

Three more words. Still a choice.

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 13:42 - Apr 22 with 3664 viewsBrixtonBlue

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 12:56 - Apr 22 by GlasgowBlue

I have done both. Always happy to oblige.

You have a wife and kids, it's a glorious day, why are you arguing the toss on the internet about how great the Queen is?

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 13:48 - Apr 22 with 3658 viewsBrixtonBlue

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 13:06 - Apr 22 by Ryorry

Sunny day, working outside, thinking you had sufficient intelligence to understand what I'd already said about "duty" and "obligation", LL having explained it before I had time to, and not wanting to get into another hours long interminable argument with you are, I trust, sufficient to answer your premature assumption. Go on, fire me a downie, be well worth it to be shot of your silly comments.

Silly comments? Why are you getting so upset? All I've said is that she doesn't work *that* hard relatively speaking and she *does* have a choice.

You can waffle all you like, get upset, patronise, whatever makes you happy. But the fact remains, she still has a choice. It's great that she chooses to stay, fulfil her duty and obligation, but she doesn't *have* to. And I'm sure no-one would begrudge her stepping down either.

You have argued that she is in a cage that she's forced to be in. That is patently untrue.

Call these comments silly again if it makes you feel better.

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 14:13 - Apr 22 with 3627 viewsJ2BLUE

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 13:48 - Apr 22 by BrixtonBlue

Silly comments? Why are you getting so upset? All I've said is that she doesn't work *that* hard relatively speaking and she *does* have a choice.

You can waffle all you like, get upset, patronise, whatever makes you happy. But the fact remains, she still has a choice. It's great that she chooses to stay, fulfil her duty and obligation, but she doesn't *have* to. And I'm sure no-one would begrudge her stepping down either.

You have argued that she is in a cage that she's forced to be in. That is patently untrue.

Call these comments silly again if it makes you feel better.

In literal terms she has a choice. She could abdicate. What we don't know is what mentally she was raised with. Context is everything here. If she was raised being told she was born for this, it's her duty and she must serve until death then that choice becomes less of a choice.

It's not all black and white. Millions work in jobs they hate and have the choice to leave but it won't stop the bills from needing to be paid.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 14:17]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 14:57 - Apr 22 with 3588 viewsLeaky

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 11:12 - Apr 22 by BrixtonBlue

So she reads some letters and official papers, gets in a car, meets a few people. Not a hell of a lot different to what I described.

And where did I compare her to my job (which you've inaccurately described)?

Ok so at 92 she doesn't work as a bin man
Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 15:46 - Apr 22 with 3558 viewsBrixtonBlue

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 14:13 - Apr 22 by J2BLUE

In literal terms she has a choice. She could abdicate. What we don't know is what mentally she was raised with. Context is everything here. If she was raised being told she was born for this, it's her duty and she must serve until death then that choice becomes less of a choice.

It's not all black and white. Millions work in jobs they hate and have the choice to leave but it won't stop the bills from needing to be paid.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 14:17]

While you make a not unreasonable point that she *might* have had this drilled into her, it still remains she has the choice. Further, she has seen her uncle give up the throne, so she knows it is an option. And no one would begrudge her standing down now.

Sorry, for these reasons I don't buy that she's trapped in a cage from which there is no escape.

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 15:47 - Apr 22 with 3548 viewsBrixtonBlue

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 14:57 - Apr 22 by Leaky

Way to miss the point.

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 15:48 - Apr 22 with 3542 viewsJ2BLUE

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 14:57 - Apr 22 by Leaky

It wouldn't hurt her, one day a week.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 07:16 - Apr 23 with 3422 viewsGlasgowBlue

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 13:42 - Apr 22 by BrixtonBlue

You have a wife and kids, it's a glorious day, why are you arguing the toss on the internet about how great the Queen is?

You’ve only gone and done a dollers (copywright SB) again. Pulling somebody fir arguing in the intern in a glorious day whilst arguing in the internet in a glorious day.

Twice in one thread. Well done mate.

FYI.

It’s not a glorious day. Hasn’t stopped raining since 8 this morning. Still managed to get a good six mile run though.

Son stayed over night at his girlfriend’s. One daughter in Glasgo busking. Another daughter studying for Nat fives. Youngest in the kitchen baking cup cakes with her mum. Oh and I was watching the Londondon Marathon.

Thanks for your concern and I’ll check in with you later.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2018 7:20]

Iron Lion Zion

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 08:37 - Apr 23 with 3401 viewsGeoffSentence

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 08:06 - Apr 21 by J2BLUE

Yea, fair play to her. 92 and only recently cut back her duties. Can’t deny she works hard.

If she had a proper job she could have afforded to retire years ago.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 08:52 - Apr 23 with 3393 viewsitfcjoe

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 15:46 - Apr 22 by BrixtonBlue

While you make a not unreasonable point that she *might* have had this drilled into her, it still remains she has the choice. Further, she has seen her uncle give up the throne, so she knows it is an option. And no one would begrudge her standing down now.

Sorry, for these reasons I don't buy that she's trapped in a cage from which there is no escape.

She has also seen the effect her Uncle giving up the throne had, both personally and professionally.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 12:52 - Apr 23 with 3353 viewsBrixtonBlue

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 07:16 - Apr 23 by GlasgowBlue

You’ve only gone and done a dollers (copywright SB) again. Pulling somebody fir arguing in the intern in a glorious day whilst arguing in the internet in a glorious day.

Twice in one thread. Well done mate.

FYI.

It’s not a glorious day. Hasn’t stopped raining since 8 this morning. Still managed to get a good six mile run though.

Son stayed over night at his girlfriend’s. One daughter in Glasgo busking. Another daughter studying for Nat fives. Youngest in the kitchen baking cup cakes with her mum. Oh and I was watching the Londondon Marathon.

Thanks for your concern and I’ll check in with you later.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2018 7:20]

I don't have a wife and kids. I had no plans yesterday and was sat in the sun with my laptop posting, before going to the pub to watch the FA cup semi, then working on my book after that.

Your daughter was in Glasgow busking? Don't you give her any pocket money?

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 13:12 - Apr 23 with 3336 viewsGlasgowBlue

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 12:52 - Apr 23 by BrixtonBlue

I don't have a wife and kids. I had no plans yesterday and was sat in the sun with my laptop posting, before going to the pub to watch the FA cup semi, then working on my book after that.

Your daughter was in Glasgow busking? Don't you give her any pocket money?

She is an aspiring musician (whilst also keen on becoming a human rights lawyer). I'm quite proud that at the age of 15 she has the balls (not literally) to stand in Buchanan Street with and acoustic guitar singing to total strangers.

Iron Lion Zion

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 15:52 - Apr 23 with 3286 viewsBrixtonBlue

Happy Birthday to Her Maj on 13:12 - Apr 23 by GlasgowBlue

She is an aspiring musician (whilst also keen on becoming a human rights lawyer). I'm quite proud that at the age of 15 she has the balls (not literally) to stand in Buchanan Street with and acoustic guitar singing to total strangers.

Indeed. Apologies if my attempt at humour was a bit flippant.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024