Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town fans sounding a bit silly on the TV 15:48 - Apr 21 with 5691 viewsNSL

Booing Taylor. That was a shocking challenge by Ward - nearly snapped the blokes leg! Ward should have just walked off. Poor.

Poll: Who was primarily at fault for the defensive mix-up yesterday?

Town fans sounding a bit silly on the TV on 15:50 - Apr 21 with 4479 viewsgt81

Sounds like he's had a bit of a mare last 2 games (goal excepted), although BBC Suffolk thought it was a harsh red.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2018 15:51]
Town fans sounding a bit silly on the TV on 15:52 - Apr 21 with 4425 viewsLankHenners

The impact of it looked nastier than the challenge was - Taylor's knee was sliding over the ball as Ward went towards it and for me, it was clearly an accidental collision that other refs would have given Ward the benefit of the doubt.

The whole Villa bench plus players swarming the ref probably had some influence in it.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Town fans sounding a bit silly on the TV on 15:53 - Apr 21 with 4410 viewsNSL

Town fans sounding a bit silly on the TV on 15:50 - Apr 21 by gt81

Sounds like he's had a bit of a mare last 2 games (goal excepted), although BBC Suffolk thought it was a harsh red.

Harsh red?! Christ. They obviously don't have a TV monitor. Taylor is lucky he still has a career. Ward is a poor player that has never delivered and needs to go in the summer

Town fans sounding a bit silly on the TV on 15:54 - Apr 21 with 4369 viewsMullet

Town fans sounding a bit silly on the TV on 15:53 - Apr 21 by NSL

Harsh red?! Christ. They obviously don't have a TV monitor. Taylor is lucky he still has a career. Ward is a poor player that has never delivered and needs to go in the summer

It was a nothing challenge, and fairly sloppy. He was always going to go, but you're making out like he flew into him.

Frustrating that the Villa players made the decision for the ref whilst ours just stood there. Pretty clear we've lost our sense of something to play for.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Town fans sounding a bit silly on the TV on 15:54 - Apr 21 with 4361 viewsfloridablue

Looked a red card to me.
Town fans sounding a bit silly on the TV on 15:55 - Apr 21 with 4346 viewsNSL

Town fans sounding a bit silly on the TV on 15:52 - Apr 21 by LankHenners

The impact of it looked nastier than the challenge was - Taylor's knee was sliding over the ball as Ward went towards it and for me, it was clearly an accidental collision that other refs would have given Ward the benefit of the doubt.

The whole Villa bench plus players swarming the ref probably had some influence in it.

I'm sure Ward didnt 'intend' to try and break the blokes leg but he was no where near the ball and it was dangerous play - end of.

Town fans sounding a bit silly on the TV on 15:55 - Apr 21 with 4334 viewsIllinoisblue

Nearly snapped his leg???? Oh come on

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Town fans sounding a bit silly on the TV on 15:57 - Apr 21 with 4276 viewsLankHenners

Town fans sounding a bit silly on the TV on 15:55 - Apr 21 by NSL

I'm sure Ward didnt 'intend' to try and break the blokes leg but he was no where near the ball and it was dangerous play - end of.

He was only nowhere near the ball because Taylor slid his leg over it. As I said, Ward went in clumsily but totally unfortunate that he connected as he did. Wasn't an OTT, out of control challenge by any stretch.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Login to get fewer ads

Town fans sounding a bit silly on the TV on 15:58 - Apr 21 with 4277 viewsMullet

Town fans sounding a bit silly on the TV on 15:55 - Apr 21 by Illinoisblue

Nearly snapped his leg???? Oh come on

Looks far worse slowed down, but you can see Taylor's reaction it was the studs raking. A bit like Spence's penalty against Wednesday, he's not looking around as he does it and it's cost us.

Town fans sounding a bit silly on the TV on 15:58 - Apr 21 with 4249 viewsHerbivore

Town fans sounding a bit silly on the TV on 15:55 - Apr 21 by NSL

Dangerous play is a yellow card mate.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Town fans sounding a bit silly on the TV on 16:00 - Apr 21 with 4197 viewsRadlett_blue

Town fans sounding a bit silly on the TV on 15:58 - Apr 21 by Mullet

Looks far worse slowed down, but you can see Taylor's reaction it was the studs raking. A bit like Spence's penalty against Wednesday, he's not looking around as he does it and it's cost us.

Never mind "intent" - that's a red card all day long.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Town fans sounding a bit silly on the TV on 16:03 - Apr 21 with 4121 viewsNSL

Town fans sounding a bit silly on the TV on 15:58 - Apr 21 by Herbivore

Dangerous play is a yellow card mate.

LOL - Ok

Town fans sounding a bit silly on the TV on 16:04 - Apr 21 with 4115 viewsHalifaxBlue

Town fans sounding a bit silly on the TV on 15:50 - Apr 21 by gt81

They don't have the benefit of a replay, Brenner and Mick are wrong. No intent on Ward's part, but very dangerous and a definite red.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2018 16:10]

Poll: Hurst or Ross, discounting any other candidates?

Town fans sounding a bit silly on the TV on 16:06 - Apr 21 with 4084 viewsNSL

Town fans sounding a bit silly on the TV on 16:04 - Apr 21 by HalifaxBlue

They don't have the benefit of a replay, Brenner and Mick are wrong. No intent on Ward's part, but very dangerous and a definite red.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2018 16:10]

Brenner Wooley is an unbelievably esteemed comentator, at the absolute cutting edge of the profression. He can't be wrong.

Town fans sounding a bit silly on the TV on 16:21 - Apr 21 with 3961 viewstcblue

Meh, doesn't look all that bad even in slow mo. This sort of thing happens, clearly isn't intentional, shouldn't be a red IMO
Town fans sounding a bit silly on the TV on 16:25 - Apr 21 with 3933 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I’m in the north stand and even from here I said straight away he’s gonna be sent off

Looked blatant

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Town fans sounding a bit silly on the TV on 16:35 - Apr 21 with 3860 viewsDubtractor

Clumsy rather than malicious, but not sure anyone can be too upset by that decision!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Town fans sounding a bit silly on the TV on 17:47 - Apr 21 with 3552 viewsBenters2

Hang on that cant be right?
Town fans sounding a bit silly on the TV on 17:49 - Apr 21 with 3542 viewssparks

Town fans sounding a bit silly on the TV on 16:35 - Apr 21 by Dubtractor

Clumsy rather than malicious, but not sure anyone can be too upset by that decision!

This.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Town fans sounding a bit silly on the TV on 17:57 - Apr 21 with 3495 viewsSarge

Nearly isn't good enough
Town fans sounding a bit silly on the TV on 18:02 - Apr 21 with 3462 viewschristiand

Town fans sounding a bit silly on the TV on 15:54 - Apr 21 by Mullet

It was a nothing challenge, and fairly sloppy. He was always going to go, but you're making out like he flew into him.

Frustrating that the Villa players made the decision for the ref whilst ours just stood there. Pretty clear we've lost our sense of something to play for.

That was a poor challenge Mullet and a potential leg breaker, look at the height of the impact. A definate red card. If that challenge had happened to Ward we’d all be saying it was a sending off there is no disputing it, the referee got that decision right.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Town fans sounding a bit silly on the TV on 18:03 - Apr 21 with 3447 viewsMullet

Town fans sounding a bit silly on the TV on 18:02 - Apr 21 by christiand

That was a poor challenge Mullet and a potential leg breaker, look at the height of the impact. A definate red card. If that challenge had happened to Ward we’d all be saying it was a sending off there is no disputing it, the referee got that decision right.

It wasn't a leg breaker, but it was a sending off.

Town fans sounding a bit silly on the TV on 18:05 - Apr 21 with 3437 viewschristiand

Christ, I’ll just wait until a similar challenge happens to a Town player and see you defending the opponent Mullet for a reckless challenge. More evidence to confirm the decision was the right one by the official. The fact Ward didn’t really complain at the time speaks volumes.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2018 18:08]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Town fans sounding a bit silly on the TV on 18:40 - Apr 21 with 3293 viewsHerbivore

Town fans sounding a bit silly on the TV on 16:03 - Apr 21 by NSL

LOL - Ok

Dangerous play is a yellow card offence, mate. If you think the challenge is a red, and seeing it again on the camera angle I wouldn't disagree, it's not dangerous play but something else.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Town fans sounding a bit silly on the TV on 18:40 - Apr 21 with 3287 viewsMullet

Town fans sounding a bit silly on the TV on 18:05 - Apr 21 by christiand

Christ, I’ll just wait until a similar challenge happens to a Town player and see you defending the opponent Mullet for a reckless challenge. More evidence to confirm the decision was the right one by the official. The fact Ward didn’t really complain at the time speaks volumes.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2018 18:08]

Given you haven't seen what I've posted then or in a direct response to you, I'm not sure I'll be all that bothered.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024