Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As a fan base.. 17:01 - Apr 21 with 17073 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

..we’ve taken an awful lot of stick in the last couple of weeks.

But the shppprt today at 3-0 and 4-0 was absolutely superb.

So much so that my lasting by emotion from today’s hammering will actually be pride.

That is all.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

As a fan base.. on 09:09 - Apr 22 with 2624 viewsPhilTWTD

As a fan base.. on 08:08 - Apr 22 by Benters2

'Following him around' Its a public forum,i am allowed to air my views.

I am able to converse to other forum members without the need to swear.

Thank you for your time.

Enjoy this glorious weather while it lasts,im going to go work in my garden.

You have been asked to stop this sort of thing. Just as unwelcome as abuse and you know what will happen if it doesn't stop.
As a fan base.. on 09:11 - Apr 22 with 2606 viewsPJH

As a fan base.. on 09:06 - Apr 22 by tractorboy1978

He's gone. The atmosphere yesterday was better. Draw a line. Look forwards not backwards.

As I said, when I feel strongly about something....

I might try to draw a line, but I will not forget.
As a fan base.. on 09:19 - Apr 22 with 2583 viewsPJH

As a fan base.. on 05:44 - Apr 22 by Benters2

One Golden Arrow awarded.

Thank you Benters-you only need to give me about 150 more to cancel out all of the down arrows that you have given me.
As a fan base.. on 09:20 - Apr 22 with 2576 viewsHerbivore

As a fan base.. on 09:09 - Apr 22 by PhilTWTD

You have been asked to stop this sort of thing. Just as unwelcome as abuse and you know what will happen if it doesn't stop.

Kudos to whichever comedian reported this as abuse. Made me chuckle.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

As a fan base.. on 11:25 - Apr 22 with 2514 viewsKievthegreat

As a fan base.. on 09:09 - Apr 22 by PhilTWTD

Haha someone has reported Phil's warning as abuse. I hope for Phil's sake that Gav has been getting his fair share of the hobnobs.
As a fan base.. on 11:51 - Apr 22 with 2494 viewsRyorry

As a fan base.. on 08:34 - Apr 22 by PJH

Morning Ryorry.

When I feel very strongly about something I am very reluctant to let it go.
There are a number of words that I can use to describe the ITFC support in recent times so I will list a few of them:-

Disgraceful,disgusting,embarrassing,non existent,poor,good and very good.
The good has not applied very often and the very good has hardly ever been heard/seen although it was yesterday.

I fully understand that a number took the hump with MM and his style of football and I fully agree that his comments (although I almost always agreed with them) made it worse. Maybe if he had not reacted as he did it would not have reached the stage that it did although, as I say, I fully agree with his reaction-I like to think that I might have done the same.

So there was a situation where the noisier element of our support(plus some quieter ones) did not like MM and MM did not like them.

It seems to me that the idea of supporting a football club (EXCEPT WHEN KEANE IS THE MANAGER)involves supporting the players that play for that club.
The atmosphere created at a lot of home games and some away games, whatever the perceived cause,could in no way help the players that are trying to represent the club that "you" are supposedly "supporting".

Not sure how much Klug had to do with an improved atmosphere yesterday, it was more because MM was not here, the team selected would have been much the same if MM had still been here-we might well have still lost if MM had still been here but not sure that we would have caved in.

If whoever the new Manager is turns out not to be to the liking of the noisier element what happens then?. I suppose it depends on how he reacts or does not react to whatever noises come from the North Stand.

I will almost certainly renew my ST because I don't think Keane will be coming back but it is only the behaviour of some of our "support" that has made me think twice.

Have a nice day.

"as I say, I fully agree with his reaction-I like to think that I might have done the same."

I'm not going to be so arrogant as to say that I know you better than you know yourself, but I'm pretty sure the gentle side of PJH that I sat next to at two Elland Rd games would have taken the classy Wenger path, rather than the MM path!

"It seems to me that the idea of supporting a football club (EXCEPT WHEN KEANE IS THE MANAGER)involves supporting the players that play for that club. "

So you think it's OK to react like some of our fans have where you disapprove of a particular manager's tactics?

"Not sure how much Klug had to do with an improved atmosphere yesterday, it was more because MM was not here, the team selected would have been much the same if MM had still been here-we might well have still lost if MM had still been here but not sure that we would have caved in. "

Fair enough, I wasn't there - as I said I was just imagining/speculating. But do you think MM would have put Sears or any other striker on as a sub?

"If whoever the new Manager is turns out not to be to the liking of the noisier element what happens then?. I suppose it depends on how he reacts or does not react to whatever noises come from the North Stand. "

MM had years before most supporters "turned" - they just got fed up with defensive (and even that wasn't successful, which seems to me one of the most baffling aspects of his reign), negative, unexciting football. I think (could be wrong of course!) that any new manager would be given a similar amount of time.

And thanks, you too :)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

As a fan base.. on 12:16 - Apr 22 with 2469 viewsPJH

As a fan base.. on 11:51 - Apr 22 by Ryorry

"as I say, I fully agree with his reaction-I like to think that I might have done the same."

I'm not going to be so arrogant as to say that I know you better than you know yourself, but I'm pretty sure the gentle side of PJH that I sat next to at two Elland Rd games would have taken the classy Wenger path, rather than the MM path!

"It seems to me that the idea of supporting a football club (EXCEPT WHEN KEANE IS THE MANAGER)involves supporting the players that play for that club. "

So you think it's OK to react like some of our fans have where you disapprove of a particular manager's tactics?

"Not sure how much Klug had to do with an improved atmosphere yesterday, it was more because MM was not here, the team selected would have been much the same if MM had still been here-we might well have still lost if MM had still been here but not sure that we would have caved in. "

Fair enough, I wasn't there - as I said I was just imagining/speculating. But do you think MM would have put Sears or any other striker on as a sub?

"If whoever the new Manager is turns out not to be to the liking of the noisier element what happens then?. I suppose it depends on how he reacts or does not react to whatever noises come from the North Stand. "

MM had years before most supporters "turned" - they just got fed up with defensive (and even that wasn't successful, which seems to me one of the most baffling aspects of his reign), negative, unexciting football. I think (could be wrong of course!) that any new manager would be given a similar amount of time.

And thanks, you too :)

Regarding your point about how I would react in MM's place I have many a time called those people exactly what he did and worse both vocally and in my head.I like to believe that I almost always say what I think so if in MM's position I think to be honest to myself I would have reacted as he did.
Wenger quite possibly boiled inside muttering the French equivalent of what MM said publicly to himself-for public relations reasons that is the best way but for your personal health and self respect I am not sure that it is.

My disapproval of Keane was purely of Keane as a person and his suitability (as a person) to be at PR but I can accept that other people can have their own reasons for disapproval of a Manager.

Bringing on Sears with the game all but lost might or might not have been what MM would have done but Bryan Klug did also have defender Chris Smith warming up so possibly toyed with the idea of damage limitation.

I agree that it took a considerable while for the support to actually turn against MM but if the next appointment is NOT to their liking then I do not think that it would take that long again.
As a fan base.. on 12:34 - Apr 22 with 2442 viewsRyorry

As a fan base.. on 12:16 - Apr 22 by PJH

Regarding your point about how I would react in MM's place I have many a time called those people exactly what he did and worse both vocally and in my head.I like to believe that I almost always say what I think so if in MM's position I think to be honest to myself I would have reacted as he did.
Wenger quite possibly boiled inside muttering the French equivalent of what MM said publicly to himself-for public relations reasons that is the best way but for your personal health and self respect I am not sure that it is.

My disapproval of Keane was purely of Keane as a person and his suitability (as a person) to be at PR but I can accept that other people can have their own reasons for disapproval of a Manager.

Bringing on Sears with the game all but lost might or might not have been what MM would have done but Bryan Klug did also have defender Chris Smith warming up so possibly toyed with the idea of damage limitation.

I agree that it took a considerable while for the support to actually turn against MM but if the next appointment is NOT to their liking then I do not think that it would take that long again.

"I like to believe that I almost always say what I think so if in MM's position I think to be honest to myself I would have reacted as he did.
Wenger quite possibly boiled inside muttering the French equivalent of what MM said publicly to himself-for public relations reasons that is the best way but for your personal health and self respect I am not sure that it is."

Like you, I think it's healthy to speak my mind, and you (and others on here) may have noticed that I usually do! . However, you, I and the thousands of other supporters are not being paid £X00,000 per year to be the *professional* manager of ITFC - sadly . There is & clearly should be a difference - we'll never know how you would have reacted in the circumstances, but I have my suspicions! Speaking for myself, I like to think I'd have had enough self-respect to keep stum in public, no matter how much I might have boiled over when telling the dog all about it all a few hours later ... On the bright side, he'd have got lots of cuddles & treats by way of compensation!

Login to get fewer ads

As a fan base.. on 12:50 - Apr 22 with 2423 viewsBenters2

As a fan base.. on 09:19 - Apr 22 by PJH

Thank you Benters-you only need to give me about 150 more to cancel out all of the down arrows that you have given me.

Oh go on have another
As a fan base.. on 12:59 - Apr 22 with 2404 viewsPJH

As a fan base.. on 12:50 - Apr 22 by Benters2

Oh go on have another

Thank you-149 to go.
As a fan base.. on 13:09 - Apr 22 with 2387 viewsRyorry

As a fan base.. on 12:59 - Apr 22 by PJH

Thank you-149 to go.

Happy to help :)

As a fan base.. on 16:58 - Apr 22 with 2304 viewstiptreeblue

As a fan base.. on 08:34 - Apr 22 by PJH

Morning Ryorry.

When I feel very strongly about something I am very reluctant to let it go.
There are a number of words that I can use to describe the ITFC support in recent times so I will list a few of them:-

Disgraceful,disgusting,embarrassing,non existent,poor,good and very good.
The good has not applied very often and the very good has hardly ever been heard/seen although it was yesterday.

I fully understand that a number took the hump with MM and his style of football and I fully agree that his comments (although I almost always agreed with them) made it worse. Maybe if he had not reacted as he did it would not have reached the stage that it did although, as I say, I fully agree with his reaction-I like to think that I might have done the same.

So there was a situation where the noisier element of our support(plus some quieter ones) did not like MM and MM did not like them.

It seems to me that the idea of supporting a football club (EXCEPT WHEN KEANE IS THE MANAGER)involves supporting the players that play for that club.
The atmosphere created at a lot of home games and some away games, whatever the perceived cause,could in no way help the players that are trying to represent the club that "you" are supposedly "supporting".

Not sure how much Klug had to do with an improved atmosphere yesterday, it was more because MM was not here, the team selected would have been much the same if MM had still been here-we might well have still lost if MM had still been here but not sure that we would have caved in.

If whoever the new Manager is turns out not to be to the liking of the noisier element what happens then?. I suppose it depends on how he reacts or does not react to whatever noises come from the North Stand.

I will almost certainly renew my ST because I don't think Keane will be coming back but it is only the behaviour of some of our "support" that has made me think twice.

Have a nice day.

You hypocrite. So as long as YOU don`t like the manager it`s okay to slag them off. but if you do like them it`s disgusting (among other things). Don`t get me wrong, i didn`t like Keane either but, that`s so hypocritical it`s beyond belief
As a fan base.. on 17:10 - Apr 22 with 2291 viewsSpruceMoose

As a fan base.. on 09:20 - Apr 22 by Herbivore

Kudos to whichever comedian reported this as abuse. Made me chuckle.

Phil's in danger of getting Benters to quit the forum... for one whole day again!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

As a fan base.. on 17:52 - Apr 22 with 2253 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Shame it's that happy clappy Crystal Palace style rubbish. Nothing says modern football fan like that tosh. What's wrong with our actual songs?
As a fan base.. on 17:53 - Apr 22 with 2247 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

As a fan base.. on 17:52 - Apr 22 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Shame it's that happy clappy Crystal Palace style rubbish. Nothing says modern football fan like that tosh. What's wrong with our actual songs?

There was some usual songs sung too in fairness

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

As a fan base.. on 18:41 - Apr 22 with 2202 viewsPJH

As a fan base.. on 16:58 - Apr 22 by tiptreeblue

You hypocrite. So as long as YOU don`t like the manager it`s okay to slag them off. but if you do like them it`s disgusting (among other things). Don`t get me wrong, i didn`t like Keane either but, that`s so hypocritical it`s beyond belief

I did not slag Keane off, I just stopped going.

Actually talking about being hypocritical if any one single person that was cheering the team yesterday was ever involved in any of the negative chanting about the team over the last year or so then THAT is being hypocritical.

I don't imagine for a moment that anyone in the crowd yesterday was involved in any of that though do you?
As a fan base.. on 18:41 - Apr 22 with 2203 viewsfooters

As a fan base.. on 08:08 - Apr 22 by Benters2

'Following him around' Its a public forum,i am allowed to air my views.

I am able to converse to other forum members without the need to swear.

Thank you for your time.

Enjoy this glorious weather while it lasts,im going to go work in my garden.

It's only public in the sense that anyone can register and post. It's private in the sense that you don't have an inherent right to post, and the admins can boot you any time they like for whatever reason. Bit like a pub.

You have to abide by the generally accepted norms of the forum, one of which, presumably, is that you don't constantly attempt to wind up other members.

Your views and behaviour are usually moronic and frankly quite strange for a man of your advanced years. Hope that helps.

And I've been having a lovely weekend, ta. Hope all that weed-pulling hasn't put your back out.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 18:43]

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

As a fan base.. on 19:31 - Apr 22 with 2160 viewsm14_blue

As a fan base.. on 18:41 - Apr 22 by PJH

I did not slag Keane off, I just stopped going.

Actually talking about being hypocritical if any one single person that was cheering the team yesterday was ever involved in any of the negative chanting about the team over the last year or so then THAT is being hypocritical.

I don't imagine for a moment that anyone in the crowd yesterday was involved in any of that though do you?

I'm very much on your side of this debate.

However, continuing to berate the numbskulls after they have stopped numbskulling (i.e. actually tried to support the team) seems counter productive to me.

It wasn't a great time for Ipswich fans but now we have to put it behind us and move forward as a united fanbase, there really isn't any alternative.

COYB
As a fan base.. on 19:56 - Apr 22 with 2129 viewsPJH

As a fan base.. on 19:31 - Apr 22 by m14_blue

I'm very much on your side of this debate.

However, continuing to berate the numbskulls after they have stopped numbskulling (i.e. actually tried to support the team) seems counter productive to me.

It wasn't a great time for Ipswich fans but now we have to put it behind us and move forward as a united fanbase, there really isn't any alternative.

COYB

Fine.

My first contribution to this thread was why were the North Stand congratulating themselves for doing what they are supposed to be doing.

It got a bit more involved after that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024