Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can you imagine the furore if Mick had been in charge of that today? 19:48 - Apr 21 with 10221 viewshomer_123

Sears for Celina
Ward at wing back
4 nil thumping at home
Sending off
Just 1 shot on target in 90 mins

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Can you imagine the furore if Mick had been in charge of that today? on 10:07 - Apr 22 with 1694 viewsgrimboy

Can you imagine the furore if Mick had been in charge of that today? on 09:58 - Apr 22 by Herbivore

You just broke my irony meter, good work.

Whoop whoop did I ring your chain.
Can you imagine the furore if Mick had been in charge of that today? on 10:12 - Apr 22 with 1688 viewscrazyblue68

Can you imagine the furore if Mick had been in charge of that today? on 19:49 - Apr 21 by Luk38644

Mick's gone, time to move forward and let it go.

If you think a new manager can sort that side out you are deluded mate. Mick had no money, brought shiite players in and did what he could do with them. Most of them only know how to stop teams playing, they cant play football. But, we have an owner who wont spend money, so get used to league 1 whoever comes in.
Can you imagine the furore if Mick had been in charge of that today? on 10:14 - Apr 22 with 1680 viewsSuperfrans

Can you imagine the furore if Mick had been in charge of that today? on 09:58 - Apr 22 by Rob88

*could you deal with what you have been watching all season? I am guessing you have been very content with the last 17ish years, no complaints from you?

The bit about me being almost over football is just the usual disillusionment with the game, not specific to my support of town. I would end up writing War and Peace if I were to go into the details.

You can make as many assumptions as you like about me.

We know how football has changed. I’m sitting here in my “Against Modern Football” t-shirt, I’m under no illusions about that.

But we are between managers. One manager has gone, another is due to come in. What did you expect from yesterday? What conclusions did you draw - from yesterday?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Can you imagine the furore if Mick had been in charge of that today? on 10:19 - Apr 22 with 1675 viewscrazyblue68

Can you imagine the furore if Mick had been in charge of that today? on 21:07 - Apr 21 by ElderGrizzly

Yes, we’ll hopefully have 10 injured first team squad back, more than one central defender and the continuation of a coach/manager encouraging the team to play football, not percentages.

12th next season would be a success.

Most of the injured players arnt good enough anyway, and the likes of Dozzell, Nydam, Downes, Huwes, sick not Ady, arnt battles harded or look tough enough for Championship football. A new manager will really struggle next season with no money. People really need to get real.
Can you imagine the furore if Mick had been in charge of that today? on 11:37 - Apr 22 with 1647 viewsDarth_Koont

Can you imagine the furore if Mick had been in charge of that today? on 10:19 - Apr 22 by crazyblue68

Most of the injured players arnt good enough anyway, and the likes of Dozzell, Nydam, Downes, Huwes, sick not Ady, arnt battles harded or look tough enough for Championship football. A new manager will really struggle next season with no money. People really need to get real.

Nydam has shown that he is tough enough in the past couple of games. Certainly I expect him to play more next season, but this season has been about right for his development. Ditto Downes who looked even better than Nydam at the beginning of the season and will have learnt a lot at Luton.

Huws and Adeyemi have clearly been strong enough for the Championship. Yes, Huws's injury record hasn't been good and neither has Adeyemi's this season but it wouldn't be a massive surprise for each of them to play a major part next season.

Dozzell has had a serious knee injury but one that many footballers come back from completely. We'll have to see how it goes but we won't know until he's back into full training.

I agree that there are question marks given the seasons all 5 have just had — and we can throw Bishop into the same category too. But all are young enough that they've not been able to show season after season of games played. Now that we're losing Bru, probably Gleeson and possibly Hyam, it wouldn't surprise me if we added a more proven player or two to balance that risk and help share the load. But there's an awful lot of potential there even if only 2 or 3 of them reach it.

Pronouns: He/Him

Can you imagine the furore if Mick had been in charge of that today? on 12:28 - Apr 22 with 1619 viewsRob88

Can you imagine the furore if Mick had been in charge of that today? on 10:14 - Apr 22 by Superfrans

You can make as many assumptions as you like about me.

We know how football has changed. I’m sitting here in my “Against Modern Football” t-shirt, I’m under no illusions about that.

But we are between managers. One manager has gone, another is due to come in. What did you expect from yesterday? What conclusions did you draw - from yesterday?

I didn’t expect anything and I don’t expect anything next season either.

What do you expect next season to bring under a new manager?
Can you imagine the furore if Mick had been in charge of that today? on 13:58 - Apr 22 with 1589 viewscrazyblue68

Can you imagine the furore if Mick had been in charge of that today? on 11:37 - Apr 22 by Darth_Koont

Nydam has shown that he is tough enough in the past couple of games. Certainly I expect him to play more next season, but this season has been about right for his development. Ditto Downes who looked even better than Nydam at the beginning of the season and will have learnt a lot at Luton.

Huws and Adeyemi have clearly been strong enough for the Championship. Yes, Huws's injury record hasn't been good and neither has Adeyemi's this season but it wouldn't be a massive surprise for each of them to play a major part next season.

Dozzell has had a serious knee injury but one that many footballers come back from completely. We'll have to see how it goes but we won't know until he's back into full training.

I agree that there are question marks given the seasons all 5 have just had — and we can throw Bishop into the same category too. But all are young enough that they've not been able to show season after season of games played. Now that we're losing Bru, probably Gleeson and possibly Hyam, it wouldn't surprise me if we added a more proven player or two to balance that risk and help share the load. But there's an awful lot of potential there even if only 2 or 3 of them reach it.

Times move on, Huws isnt all that. Very over rated. Sick note Ady wont shine, he just stumbles from one injury to another injury, Dozzell can play football, granted, but most teams in this league wont let him, he isnt big enough to cope with the big brutes in this league week in week out.
Nydam, the same as Dozzell, he wont cope, Downes looks good, but again, they are all too young. We need a couple of seasoned midfielders, wont happen though, Evans wont open his wallet.
Can you imagine the furore if Mick had been in charge of that today? on 14:48 - Apr 22 with 1570 viewsRob88

Can you imagine the furore if Mick had been in charge of that today? on 13:58 - Apr 22 by crazyblue68

Times move on, Huws isnt all that. Very over rated. Sick note Ady wont shine, he just stumbles from one injury to another injury, Dozzell can play football, granted, but most teams in this league wont let him, he isnt big enough to cope with the big brutes in this league week in week out.
Nydam, the same as Dozzell, he wont cope, Downes looks good, but again, they are all too young. We need a couple of seasoned midfielders, wont happen though, Evans wont open his wallet.

Therein lies part of the challenge. We have an owner who, from memory, has given managers funds to work with but all he has had in return, I would presume, is increasing debt. If you were ME what would you do now?

*I am not having a go, just posing a question in a conversational manner, and not really directed at anyone in particular*

Having the right manager only forms part of the equation for success.

My ignorant view is that the club has a fundamental problem and therefore some frank conversations need to be had about what the club wants to be / do (its vision).

If we are happy to be a mediocre championship club which occasionally flirts with the playoffs and the relegation zone but on average delivers mid table mediocrity then our current approach is sufficient. If the club really wants to make a go of it in the Championship and be a serious contender and challenge at the top we need to change tact, what’s our vision? I imagine this would be discussed between the Board and any prospective incoming manager.

The club doesn’t strike me as being very enterprising.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 14:50]
Login to get fewer ads

Can you imagine the furore if Mick had been in charge of that today? on 16:08 - Apr 22 with 1543 viewscrazyblue68

Can you imagine the furore if Mick had been in charge of that today? on 14:48 - Apr 22 by Rob88

Therein lies part of the challenge. We have an owner who, from memory, has given managers funds to work with but all he has had in return, I would presume, is increasing debt. If you were ME what would you do now?

*I am not having a go, just posing a question in a conversational manner, and not really directed at anyone in particular*

Having the right manager only forms part of the equation for success.

My ignorant view is that the club has a fundamental problem and therefore some frank conversations need to be had about what the club wants to be / do (its vision).

If we are happy to be a mediocre championship club which occasionally flirts with the playoffs and the relegation zone but on average delivers mid table mediocrity then our current approach is sufficient. If the club really wants to make a go of it in the Championship and be a serious contender and challenge at the top we need to change tact, what’s our vision? I imagine this would be discussed between the Board and any prospective incoming manager.

The club doesn’t strike me as being very enterprising.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 14:50]

I see your points, and agree. The trouble was, Evans threw all his money at Keane and Jewell, as much as people dont like it, if Mick had had as much money as them, lm pretty sure we would have been in the Premiership now. Evans really got it wrong with Mick, and even though people didnt like his football, we would have been in the top division before now, lm sure of it.
Evans has some serious thinking to do with his side kicks, to see what direction he is going in. Because if he isnt careful we will slide, and unlike some teams, l dont think we would come back from it, its been sour for far too long.
Can you imagine the furore if Mick had been in charge of that today? on 16:25 - Apr 22 with 1523 viewsSuperfrans

Can you imagine the furore if Mick had been in charge of that today? on 12:28 - Apr 22 by Rob88

I didn’t expect anything and I don’t expect anything next season either.

What do you expect next season to bring under a new manager?

What will next season bring under a new manager? I have no idea. We have no idea who the manager will be.

But I’ll be supporting the manager, going into it with open eyes, optimism, but open minded. That’s what being a football supporter is all about.

But I certainly won’t be crying about it being the end of the world because of a football result.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Can you imagine the furore if Mick had been in charge of that today? on 16:53 - Apr 22 with 1513 viewsRob88

Can you imagine the furore if Mick had been in charge of that today? on 16:08 - Apr 22 by crazyblue68

I see your points, and agree. The trouble was, Evans threw all his money at Keane and Jewell, as much as people dont like it, if Mick had had as much money as them, lm pretty sure we would have been in the Premiership now. Evans really got it wrong with Mick, and even though people didnt like his football, we would have been in the top division before now, lm sure of it.
Evans has some serious thinking to do with his side kicks, to see what direction he is going in. Because if he isnt careful we will slide, and unlike some teams, l dont think we would come back from it, its been sour for far too long.

That’s my gut feel as well, I think Mick did well with what he had to work with and therefore I would like to have seen him given more backing financially to see what he could have done.

I think for the above reason Mick left too soon but then because ME threw some money at RK and PJ, to no avail, I feel it has made him reticent to back somebody financially in the same way again.

I agree, if we do not change then I think it is likely we will become less and less competitive.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024