Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well done crowd today! 23:16 - Apr 21 with 2341 viewsFixed_It

Some of you have made me despair in recent times (more so than the players and management to be honest), but today you restored my faith and pride in being a Town fan. The Villa fans looked totally shocked and confused when we started to outsing them when the third and fourth went in. But more importantly it sent a message to the players that we are still there for them, will always be there for our Club, and than a line has been drawn under the recent dissent and that we are ready for the new dawn.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Well done crowd today! on 00:05 - Apr 22 with 2239 viewsmadmouse1959

Once the new manager is allowed to make the changes needed, with the backing of Evans, the fans will come back.

shampoo dave

Well done crowd today! on 00:07 - Apr 22 with 2231 viewsBlueBadger

Well done crowd today! on 00:05 - Apr 22 by madmouse1959

Once the new manager is allowed to make the changes needed, with the backing of Evans, the fans will come back.

...if we're winning games.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Well done crowd today! on 00:33 - Apr 22 with 2195 viewsbritbiker

Same here. Although the football has been crap for several years, i have been more disappointed with some of our support in recent times. Today however I was totally proud of the supporters Today was not about the performance but a statement that the fans would follow if just given a little hope.
Well done crowd today! on 00:53 - Apr 22 with 2168 viewsHARRY10

Well done crowd today! on 00:33 - Apr 22 by britbiker

Same here. Although the football has been crap for several years, i have been more disappointed with some of our support in recent times. Today however I was totally proud of the supporters Today was not about the performance but a statement that the fans would follow if just given a little hope.

and a massive cut in ticket prices

let's see the numbers and atmosphere against Boro
Well done crowd today! on 10:20 - Apr 22 with 1968 viewsGuthrum

Well done crowd today! on 00:05 - Apr 22 by madmouse1959

If, you mean. Given what 'the backing of Evans' has been like for the last few seasons (i.e. covering the losses, with little on top for transfers).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Well done crowd today! on 17:27 - Apr 22 with 1871 viewscoolcat

It's good to be optimistic. However, many were there because of cheap tickets and many started to leave after the 2nd goal. I sat in Sir Alf Ramsey lower yesterday for a change. My usual seat is in the north stand lower. What was a nearly full stand at the start was almost empty for the last 15 mins. In terms of atmosphere I think it depends where you sit. I could hardly hear the north stand yesterday. Thought the villa fans 'outsung' our fans. Thought it was generally quiet around the ground. Not being pessimistic just what I observed. As a few have said it will be interesting seeing the numbers for the Boro' game.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 17:32]
Well done crowd today! on 17:37 - Apr 22 with 1837 viewsBrixtonBlue

Well done crowd today! on 17:27 - Apr 22 by coolcat

It's good to be optimistic. However, many were there because of cheap tickets and many started to leave after the 2nd goal. I sat in Sir Alf Ramsey lower yesterday for a change. My usual seat is in the north stand lower. What was a nearly full stand at the start was almost empty for the last 15 mins. In terms of atmosphere I think it depends where you sit. I could hardly hear the north stand yesterday. Thought the villa fans 'outsung' our fans. Thought it was generally quiet around the ground. Not being pessimistic just what I observed. As a few have said it will be interesting seeing the numbers for the Boro' game.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 17:32]

I'm amazed you "could hardly hear the north stand yesterday". From within it, it was the loudest I've heard it since the Leeds game.

I can only assume it's the poor acoustics because as Rommers and others have said, the atmosphere was superb in there.

Or you're a bit deaf.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Well done crowd today! on 17:51 - Apr 22 with 1811 viewsloyalfan

Well done crowd today! on 17:37 - Apr 22 by BrixtonBlue

I'm amazed you "could hardly hear the north stand yesterday". From within it, it was the loudest I've heard it since the Leeds game.

I can only assume it's the poor acoustics because as Rommers and others have said, the atmosphere was superb in there.

Or you're a bit deaf.

I was in Sir Alf Lower and couldn’t hear the NS really. My Family were in the NSL and said there was a great atmosphere. So, assume the acoustics were to blame.

There were a lot of people leaving after goals 3 and 4. Have to say, I won’t hurry back to yesterday’s seats.
Login to get fewer ads

Well done crowd today! on 18:49 - Apr 22 with 1768 viewslongtimefan

Well done crowd today! on 17:37 - Apr 22 by BrixtonBlue

Or you're a bit deaf.

I’m in the SAR lower and only heard the North Stand when it got to 4-0. But then I do have poor hearing in one ear
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024