Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watched a live stream yesterday 07:10 - Apr 22 with 5559 viewstrncbluearmy

and was sincerely moved by the magnificent support ITFC received, came over really clearly and I am pretty sure the Egyptian commentary picked up on it, kept saying Ipswiiiiiiiiich

anyone who does not get does not really understand what motivated that crescendo from the Northstand does not appreciate the deep damage McCarthy had done with his style of footie and the relief felt now he has gone.

Now ME get it right, Ipswich are waiting.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 7:10]
Watched a live stream yesterday on 07:18 - Apr 22 with 5528 viewsJohnny_Boy

Was out yesterday - got home with 5mins remaining.
Foolishly realised the German sports package which I've got for a free trial month, DAZN, was indeed showing the game.

Clearly I didn't miss much.
Watched a live stream yesterday on 07:56 - Apr 22 with 5438 viewsSouperJim

I'm in the north stand and I'm not embarrassed to admit I was a little emotional second half yesterday being part of that support. It was fantastic. I read a few threads last night where people said similar to you and some of the same old tired arguements came out from one or two posters about we should have shown that support earlier in the season etc. I just couldn't be bothered to argue the point, some people will just never get it.

A lot of fans came back yesterday and despite the unfortunate turn of events on the pitch, wanted to show the players we never intended to turn on them or our club. It was absolutely fantastic to be a part of that and the noise in the north stand was brilliant. It was a big relief and a deliberate sign from the fans that there is still passionate support for this football club. Forget all the negativity, the rift with Mick, the wedge he started to drive between us and the players, all the bickering it created between fans (sadly some of whom still want to perpetuate that rather than get on board). We're still here, we still love this club and we're still desperate for a little success.

4-0 down and yet it felt like we had our Ipswich back. Scenes.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Watched a live stream yesterday on 08:04 - Apr 22 with 5408 viewsBenters2

Watched a live stream yesterday on 07:18 - Apr 22 by Johnny_Boy

Was out yesterday - got home with 5mins remaining.
Foolishly realised the German sports package which I've got for a free trial month, DAZN, was indeed showing the game.

Clearly I didn't miss much.

Mick Mac has gone.

The fans are happy,even though we got thrashed 4.0.

Amazing isnt it.
Watched a live stream yesterday on 08:07 - Apr 22 with 5389 viewsSouperJim

Watched a live stream yesterday on 08:04 - Apr 22 by Benters2

Mick Mac has gone.

Amazing isnt it.

Thank you for illustrating part of my point so eloquently

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Watched a live stream yesterday on 08:10 - Apr 22 with 5376 viewsBenters2

Watched a live stream yesterday on 08:07 - Apr 22 by SouperJim

Thank you for illustrating part of my point so eloquently

You are more than welcome.
Watched a live stream yesterday on 08:12 - Apr 22 with 5372 viewstextbackup

Watched a live stream yesterday on 07:56 - Apr 22 by SouperJim

I'm in the north stand and I'm not embarrassed to admit I was a little emotional second half yesterday being part of that support. It was fantastic. I read a few threads last night where people said similar to you and some of the same old tired arguements came out from one or two posters about we should have shown that support earlier in the season etc. I just couldn't be bothered to argue the point, some people will just never get it.

A lot of fans came back yesterday and despite the unfortunate turn of events on the pitch, wanted to show the players we never intended to turn on them or our club. It was absolutely fantastic to be a part of that and the noise in the north stand was brilliant. It was a big relief and a deliberate sign from the fans that there is still passionate support for this football club. Forget all the negativity, the rift with Mick, the wedge he started to drive between us and the players, all the bickering it created between fans (sadly some of whom still want to perpetuate that rather than get on board). We're still here, we still love this club and we're still desperate for a little success.

sounds like I missed the best atmosphere all season! typical...

and I make you right on all you say, if people cant grasp why it was better yesterday then they never will.

I just hope the players heard it and realise now it was never us and them, we've been with them the whole time

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Watched a live stream yesterday on 08:14 - Apr 22 with 5371 viewsbrogansnose

Watched a live stream yesterday on 07:56 - Apr 22 by SouperJim

Absoloutely. I've got to admit to being a bit emotional myself and I'm sure we weren't the only two. Best bit of Ipswich support and defiance of our circumstances since the playoff defeat at Norwich. To me, it draws a line under all the stuff that's gone on this season and we move forward together and some, on both sides, need to stop picking at the scabs and wounds.
Watched a live stream yesterday on 08:25 - Apr 22 with 5332 viewschristiand

It certainly was good to see PR fuller than in recent weeks and the atmosphere remaining positive from start to finish. There were certainly subtle changes in how we approached the game with more build up from the back particularly starting from Bart. The ball appeared to spend less time in the air - particularly after winning the initial first ball - normally this would result in an aimless flick forward with the hope that Waghorn or Garner (when fit) use their physical strength to earn a free kick or regain possession further up the pitch. Villa were becoming more dominant, even before the rightful sending off of Ward especially with Waghorn being isolated at the top and the players behind him playing too deep to provide any effective support. The game resulted in a training ground exercise 'defence versus attack' as Villa were and became the superior side the longer the game wore on.

Personally, thought Kenlock did ok and really liked how Spence confidently drove forwards with the ball from defence which was good to see. Villa just had too much quality for us and we struggled to cope with Grabban physically as he just brushed off or turned our defenders with ease at times. Disappointing scoreline but certainly not expecting much from the game, however there was an undoubted gulf between the two sides, which we all expected before kick off and so it proved.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 8:27]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Login to get fewer ads

Watched a live stream yesterday on 08:35 - Apr 22 with 5286 viewsJohnny_Boy

Watched a live stream yesterday on 08:04 - Apr 22 by Benters2

Mick Mac has gone.

Amazing isnt it.

The only reason to down-vote this post, is to quite simply be purposely divisive......no other reason for it.
Watched a live stream yesterday on 15:12 - Apr 22 with 4990 viewsBenters2

Watched a live stream yesterday on 08:35 - Apr 22 by Johnny_Boy

The only reason to down-vote this post, is to quite simply be purposely divisive......no other reason for it.

Never mind!
Watched a live stream yesterday on 18:00 - Apr 22 with 4905 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Watched a live stream yesterday on 08:14 - Apr 22 by brogansnose

Absoloutely. I've got to admit to being a bit emotional myself and I'm sure we weren't the only two. Best bit of Ipswich support and defiance of our circumstances since the playoff defeat at Norwich. To me, it draws a line under all the stuff that's gone on this season and we move forward together and some, on both sides, need to stop picking at the scabs and wounds.

It was all going so well until then utter knobs to the left of us tried singing ‘we’ve had a shot’. Bloody goons.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Watched a live stream yesterday on 18:11 - Apr 22 with 4881 viewsLord_Lucan

Watched a live stream yesterday on 08:35 - Apr 22 by Johnny_Boy

People downvote Benters out of habit, half his downvoted posts wouldn't have been downvoted if any other poster had posted it.

Human nature at its worst.

Quite bizarre.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Watched a live stream yesterday on 05:05 - Apr 23 with 4689 viewsBenters2

Watched a live stream yesterday on 18:11 - Apr 22 by Lord_Lucan

People downvote Benters out of habit, half his downvoted posts wouldn't have been downvoted if any other poster had posted it.

Human nature at its worst.

Quite bizarre.

Cheers Lucan,its almost like they are poking me to react isnt it.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2018 5:14]
Watched a live stream yesterday on 05:47 - Apr 23 with 4652 viewsbrogansnose

Watched a live stream yesterday on 05:05 - Apr 23 by Benters2

Cheers Lucan,its almost like they are poking me to react isnt it.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2018 5:14]

I am so tempted to give you a downie !!!
Watched a live stream yesterday on 06:16 - Apr 23 with 4629 viewsBenters2

Watched a live stream yesterday on 05:47 - Apr 23 by brogansnose

I am so tempted to give you a downie !!!

Once you have finished blubbing about the atmosphere in the NS go for it soft lad!
Watched a live stream yesterday on 06:36 - Apr 23 with 4600 viewsbrogansnose

Watched a live stream yesterday on 06:16 - Apr 23 by Benters2

Once you have finished blubbing about the atmosphere in the NS go for it soft lad!

Ha, take that lawnmower boy.
Watched a live stream yesterday on 06:49 - Apr 23 with 4583 viewsBenters2

Watched a live stream yesterday on 06:36 - Apr 23 by brogansnose

Ha, take that lawnmower boy.

Poke it Eel muncher.
Watched a live stream yesterday on 07:27 - Apr 23 with 4521 viewsOxford_Blue

Where was this support all season when it really mattered?
Watched a live stream yesterday on 07:28 - Apr 23 with 4516 viewsVillageGreen

Watched a live stream yesterday on 07:27 - Apr 23 by Oxford_Blue

Where was this support all season when it really mattered?

In a mick mccarthy induced coma
Watched a live stream yesterday on 09:39 - Apr 23 with 4417 viewsWallingford_Boy

Yep I was sat near the drummer and must admit, I did feel a little emosh myself.

Good work lads.

RIP Sir Bobby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024