Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
my heads spinning reading this forum 08:40 - Apr 22 with 11289 viewstextbackup

On one hand we have fans saying how proud they are of the support yesterday, a positive atmosphere back at portman road, that's all we want isn't it, a united fanbase, surely?

but no, typical TWTD fashion we have in reply the happiness and joy fans having a go back saying "why didn't you do this earlier in the season".... I mean if you need to ask the question you probably wont ever understand.

however it would suggest to me that those asking the above question were in-fact singing their hearts out with no back up earlier in the season? which cant possibly be true, because I, and 12000 others certainly didn't hear it.

PJH and the likes of him, tell me, did you sing along yesterday, or were you more angry that there was no booing to complain about, so you looked for the next best thing, complaining about supporting when that's what you've previously moaned that fans haven't done this season.... see why I'm so confused

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

my heads spinning reading this forum on 11:54 - Apr 22 with 2772 viewstextbackup

my heads spinning reading this forum on 11:49 - Apr 22 by PJH

I have never denied it because I would certainly never want to be considered what is seen as the opposite.

what about somewhere in the middle?

No, its that.... on 11:58 - Apr 22 with 2766 viewsBrixtonBlue

No, its that.... on 11:53 - Apr 22 by Bloots

....you consider it to be a compliment.

Just like Bully would.

Not complicated Sunbeam.

How can that be the point? When you first made your point you had no idea if I was going to take it as a compliment.

You talk in riddles, man.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

my heads spinning reading this forum on 11:59 - Apr 22 with 2765 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

my heads spinning reading this forum on 09:51 - Apr 22 by SitfcB

I sang and I bloody loved it, was a great atmosphere. We were singing when Villa scored their 4th and it got louder as the Villa players ran off to celebrate, couldn't even hear the Villa fans cheering it.

I agree with the other side of the argument as well of course but what's done is done, we have to move forward, it's difficult at the moment as we are in the transition stage but come the new man being appointed/pre-season/start of the season then it will be a lot better.

Well said Sitters

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

my heads spinning reading this forum on 12:02 - Apr 22 with 2752 viewsPJH

my heads spinning reading this forum on 10:05 - Apr 22 by brogansnose

Lets be fair here PJ, what about the lot behind the dug outs. Point is that there has been stuff, and I don't agree with it, coming out from all over the ground let's not tar the North Stand which is how this comes accross despite you saying 'elements of'. Quite frankly, the silence from the other stands is just as negative and unsupportive as some of the more vocal stuff. It all adds to that horrible atmosphere.

As always you talk sense Mr Brogan but as I see it the North Stand is where most of the noise comes from whether it is supportive or negative so when there is a good atmosphere it is mostly the North Stand creating it and when there is a bad atmosphere it is mostly the North Stand creating it.
I agree that total silence is not supportive but I see even that as being far better than negative chanting.

I am not tarring all of the North Stand with the same brush, there are obviously a lot of good things about the area and some of the people that go in there but.....

Perhaps all that is now a thing of the past but as I have said in another post if the next appointment is not to the liking of an element of the North Stand then maybe it will occur again.

My opinions on that and a lot of other ITFC related things are not going to change.
my heads spinning reading this forum on 12:07 - Apr 22 with 2753 viewsBluefish

My heads spins at the concept of fans being happier losing 4-0 because more people attended. I am pretty sure we have mocked norwich for this for years.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

my heads spinning reading this forum on 12:17 - Apr 22 with 2740 viewsLord_Lucan

my heads spinning reading this forum on 12:07 - Apr 22 by Bluefish

My heads spins at the concept of fans being happier losing 4-0 because more people attended. I am pretty sure we have mocked norwich for this for years.

But that is what many of us have been saying and the point (of which you can't comprehend) remains.

It's not just about the result, although you cannot seriously expect instant change from a manager-less 10 man team against a promotion contender in for what for us is a dead rubber.

It's more than that, it's about the day, the experience, a few beers with your mates with that feeling of anticipation. It's not having that groundhog day feeling when you wake up.

Choose life!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

my heads spinning reading this forum on 12:18 - Apr 22 with 2731 viewsPJH

my heads spinning reading this forum on 11:54 - Apr 22 by textbackup

what about somewhere in the middle?

Possibly a bit towards the middle but if there are two extremes then with a strong leaning to the Happy Clappers side.
my heads spinning reading this forum on 12:21 - Apr 22 with 2721 viewsBluefish

my heads spinning reading this forum on 12:17 - Apr 22 by Lord_Lucan

But that is what many of us have been saying and the point (of which you can't comprehend) remains.

It's not just about the result, although you cannot seriously expect instant change from a manager-less 10 man team against a promotion contender in for what for us is a dead rubber.

It's more than that, it's about the day, the experience, a few beers with your mates with that feeling of anticipation. It's not having that groundhog day feeling when you wake up.

Choose life!

Im fine with that and I agreed with him going. I didn't like the horrendous abuse or the made up rubbish that was thrown his way. I haven't made a fuss since even amongst the constant carrying it on from the other side.

I am just pointing out that we can't really mock norwich for the same thing if we now publically agree attendance and the crowd is more important than results.

Login to get fewer ads

my heads spinning reading this forum on 12:24 - Apr 22 with 2700 viewsfactual_blue

my heads spinning reading this forum on 08:57 - Apr 22 by textbackup

wow, patronising little chap aren't you

That means he's talking down to you texters.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

my heads spinning reading this forum on 12:27 - Apr 22 with 2704 viewsLord_Lucan

my heads spinning reading this forum on 12:21 - Apr 22 by Bluefish

Im fine with that and I agreed with him going. I didn't like the horrendous abuse or the made up rubbish that was thrown his way. I haven't made a fuss since even amongst the constant carrying it on from the other side.

I am just pointing out that we can't really mock norwich for the same thing if we now publically agree attendance and the crowd is more important than results.

Quite plainly no one is saying that, it's a new dawn, a new era. Optimism.

I wanted him gone but I would never condone personal abuse, in fact I get extremely annoyed when people even boo, I don't understand it.

So from someone who is pretty much centre ground I think the posts from the Pro Mick brigade have been as constant and monotonous as the so called "Numbskulls" In fact if anything they are worse.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

my heads spinning reading this forum on 12:29 - Apr 22 with 2693 viewsPJH

my heads spinning reading this forum on 12:24 - Apr 22 by factual_blue

That means he's talking down to you texters.

and also suggesting that you are short.
my heads spinning reading this forum on 12:34 - Apr 22 with 2680 viewstextbackup

my heads spinning reading this forum on 12:21 - Apr 22 by Bluefish

" I haven't made a fuss since even amongst the constant carrying it on from the other side."

oh come on mate, it's been both sides ffs, you know it has.

and not one person has said attendance is more important, have they. they've said the atmosphere was good, no more no less.

and as a side note we've mocked Norwich for going on about attendances, but in that time they've been above us in this league, and in the prem, so doesn't really make any sense you saying what you have

my heads spinning reading this forum on 13:29 - Apr 22 with 2616 viewsBluefish

my heads spinning reading this forum on 12:34 - Apr 22 by textbackup

" I haven't made a fuss since even amongst the constant carrying it on from the other side."

oh come on mate, it's been both sides ffs, you know it has.

and not one person has said attendance is more important, have they. they've said the atmosphere was good, no more no less.

and as a side note we've mocked Norwich for going on about attendances, but in that time they've been above us in this league, and in the prem, so doesn't really make any sense you saying what you have

The biggest fuss was made when they were league 1

my heads spinning reading this forum on 13:33 - Apr 22 with 2602 viewsBluefish

my heads spinning reading this forum on 12:27 - Apr 22 by Lord_Lucan

I wanted him gone but I would never condone personal abuse, in fact I get extremely annoyed when people even boo, I don't understand it.

So from someone who is pretty much centre ground I think the posts from the Pro Mick brigade have been as constant and monotonous as the so called "Numbskulls" In fact if anything they are worse.

I haven't been making them since he has gone and apparently I was the only pro Mick left

The biggest factor is how can life be so good now despite getting thrashed 4-0 at home when nothing has really changed? Still 5 at the back, still Skyam, still bringing Sears on before kids etc etc. Those against him had made Mick bigger than the club and it caused all sense to be lost. The words against him were ridiculous and the criticisms to justify were just plain daft.

Let's celebrate when we have seen the change and we have the positive football that we want. We shouldn't celebrate swapping to pardew or Cowley or Gerrard or megson or rowett

my heads spinning reading this forum on 13:38 - Apr 22 with 2590 viewsLord_Lucan

my heads spinning reading this forum on 13:33 - Apr 22 by Bluefish

I haven't been making them since he has gone and apparently I was the only pro Mick left

The biggest factor is how can life be so good now despite getting thrashed 4-0 at home when nothing has really changed? Still 5 at the back, still Skyam, still bringing Sears on before kids etc etc. Those against him had made Mick bigger than the club and it caused all sense to be lost. The words against him were ridiculous and the criticisms to justify were just plain daft.

Let's celebrate when we have seen the change and we have the positive football that we want. We shouldn't celebrate swapping to pardew or Cowley or Gerrard or megson or rowett

Surely it's down to individuals when they choose to celebrate.

Stop moaning Truce, go and smoke a J or something.

my heads spinning reading this forum on 13:42 - Apr 22 with 2581 viewsBluefish

my heads spinning reading this forum on 13:38 - Apr 22 by Lord_Lucan

Surely it's down to individuals when they choose to celebrate.

Stop moaning Truce, go and smoke a J or something.

Bit bizarre, I'm sure if there was an enormous protest when the new bloke took over it wouldn't be popular. Lots of people demanded change and are celebrating without the change actually happening. It is no longer about football at itfc, we might as well appoint Gerrard or maybe just go for Ant and Dec. Football is irrelevant so long as the crowd are happy with the person in the dugout.

my heads spinning reading this forum on 13:45 - Apr 22 with 2578 viewsBluefish

my heads spinning reading this forum on 13:42 - Apr 22 by Bluefish

Bit bizarre, I'm sure if there was an enormous protest when the new bloke took over it wouldn't be popular. Lots of people demanded change and are celebrating without the change actually happening. It is no longer about football at itfc, we might as well appoint Gerrard or maybe just go for Ant and Dec. Football is irrelevant so long as the crowd are happy with the person in the dugout.

Ah LL!

I've just realised you are still upset about me pointing out that old woman and her family are a disgusting waste of money.

my heads spinning reading this forum on 13:48 - Apr 22 with 2567 viewstextbackup

my heads spinning reading this forum on 13:45 - Apr 22 by Bluefish

Ah LL!

I've just realised you are still upset about me pointing out that old woman and her family are a disgusting waste of money.

if this is going all politics now take it to another thread. no need for that sht to clog up a football forum

my heads spinning reading this forum on 13:50 - Apr 22 with 2558 viewsBluefish

my heads spinning reading this forum on 13:48 - Apr 22 by textbackup

if this is going all politics now take it to another thread. no need for that sht to clog up a football forum

Fair point we should save some more space for most posts about Mick

my heads spinning reading this forum on 14:01 - Apr 22 with 2547 viewsJ2BLUE

I would like to see everyone move on. It's bloody boring from both sides now.

Why not change your avatar? Show you're over it.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 14:13]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

my heads spinning reading this forum on 14:03 - Apr 22 with 2544 viewsBluefish

my heads spinning reading this forum on 14:01 - Apr 22 by J2BLUE

They don't want to be over it. When they are over it they will have to deal with the reality of the situation being largely the same. At that point we will be 13k again

my heads spinning reading this forum on 14:04 - Apr 22 with 2552 viewsGuthrum

my heads spinning reading this forum on 12:27 - Apr 22 by Lord_Lucan

Part of the problem is we don't have the new dawn yet (or even know if there will be one). We're still wallowing in limbo, with nothing concrete to base judgements upon.

McCarthy's departure has not solved anything as it stands, other than a number of fans being pleased he's gone. If anybody did expect miracles from the caretaker period ("shackles off" and all that), they have been disabused.

These are big reasons why the bickering has continued. There is currently nothing positive for fans to talk about. Just wishful muttering (and very little agreement) about what kind of manager we would like, assuming Evans makes a sensible choice.

Comes back to leadership again. There is nothing coming out of the club about who might be in the running, what kind of philosophy they want, when an announcement might appear. Gives the impression that the situation just sort of happened, without much thought or forward planning. That little preparation had been done, despite things building for months beforehand.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

my heads spinning reading this forum on 14:11 - Apr 22 with 2525 viewstextbackup

my heads spinning reading this forum on 13:50 - Apr 22 by Bluefish

Fair point we should save some more space for most posts about Mick

where are my posts about mick? you've mentioned I have brought him up too often, but I've looked, I haven't, barely spoken of him. so not entirely sure what you are on about

my heads spinning reading this forum on 14:12 - Apr 22 with 2521 viewstextbackup

my heads spinning reading this forum on 14:01 - Apr 22 by J2BLUE

what has my post got to do with the ex manager?

i'm talking about the fans now unable to agree that supporting is a good thing.

its massively boring from both sides, hence why the ex manager isn't remotely anything to do with the OP

my heads spinning reading this forum on 14:15 - Apr 22 with 2505 viewsBluefish

my heads spinning reading this forum on 14:11 - Apr 22 by textbackup

where are my posts about mick? you've mentioned I have brought him up too often, but I've looked, I haven't, barely spoken of him. so not entirely sure what you are on about

It was tongue in cheek

Plenty of others have been mentioning him regularly though

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024