Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
my heads spinning reading this forum 08:40 - Apr 22 with 11286 viewstextbackup

On one hand we have fans saying how proud they are of the support yesterday, a positive atmosphere back at portman road, that's all we want isn't it, a united fanbase, surely?

but no, typical TWTD fashion we have in reply the happiness and joy fans having a go back saying "why didn't you do this earlier in the season".... I mean if you need to ask the question you probably wont ever understand.

however it would suggest to me that those asking the above question were in-fact singing their hearts out with no back up earlier in the season? which cant possibly be true, because I, and 12000 others certainly didn't hear it.

PJH and the likes of him, tell me, did you sing along yesterday, or were you more angry that there was no booing to complain about, so you looked for the next best thing, complaining about supporting when that's what you've previously moaned that fans haven't done this season.... see why I'm so confused

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

my heads spinning reading this forum on 14:22 - Apr 22 with 522 viewslongtimefan

my heads spinning reading this forum on 14:04 - Apr 22 by Guthrum

Part of the problem is we don't have the new dawn yet (or even know if there will be one). We're still wallowing in limbo, with nothing concrete to base judgements upon.

McCarthy's departure has not solved anything as it stands, other than a number of fans being pleased he's gone. If anybody did expect miracles from the caretaker period ("shackles off" and all that), they have been disabused.

These are big reasons why the bickering has continued. There is currently nothing positive for fans to talk about. Just wishful muttering (and very little agreement) about what kind of manager we would like, assuming Evans makes a sensible choice.

Comes back to leadership again. There is nothing coming out of the club about who might be in the running, what kind of philosophy they want, when an announcement might appear. Gives the impression that the situation just sort of happened, without much thought or forward planning. That little preparation had been done, despite things building for months beforehand.

“Gives the impression that the situation just sort of happened, without much thought or forward planning. That little preparation had been done, despite things building for months beforehand.”

Unfortunately I don’t think it’s just an impression. I think it’s looking pretty obvious that there has been little in the way of forward planning.
my heads spinning reading this forum on 15:55 - Apr 22 with 478 viewsRegencyBlue

my heads spinning reading this forum on 14:04 - Apr 22 by Guthrum

Part of the problem is we don't have the new dawn yet (or even know if there will be one). We're still wallowing in limbo, with nothing concrete to base judgements upon.

McCarthy's departure has not solved anything as it stands, other than a number of fans being pleased he's gone. If anybody did expect miracles from the caretaker period ("shackles off" and all that), they have been disabused.

These are big reasons why the bickering has continued. There is currently nothing positive for fans to talk about. Just wishful muttering (and very little agreement) about what kind of manager we would like, assuming Evans makes a sensible choice.

Comes back to leadership again. There is nothing coming out of the club about who might be in the running, what kind of philosophy they want, when an announcement might appear. Gives the impression that the situation just sort of happened, without much thought or forward planning. That little preparation had been done, despite things building for months beforehand.

Which pretty much sums up the Evans years.

Once plan A didn’t work things have just been allowed to drift, on and off the pitch.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024