Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I thought we played well 10:16 - Apr 22 with 1577 viewsgrimboy

Early on although their goal was against the run of play the first 30 mins or so it was great to watch like many say support was excellent but it was matched on the field till the sending off.
We really need to get a manager in ASAP when Villa did get on top we had no real leadership and the defence was all over the place Skuse was pretty none existence Knudsen was getting turned all over the place Spence and kenlock likewise .
Still the fact we tried to play a bit was good and hopefully can be built on but a new manager is a must.
I thought we played well on 10:26 - Apr 22 with 1537 viewsBasuco

We badly missed Chambo yesterday and the inexperience and limitations of CCV showed through as well, Villa have a rock solid defence in Jedinak and Chester (possibly the best in the Championship) and Hourihane and Bjarnason were fantastic in midfield, I thought Grealish was very ordinary, one footed, predictable and only seemed able to pass backwards, although he was able to retain possession once Villa were in a comfortable lead and we were down to 10 men. Connor Hourihane was their stand out player for me and another RK sale mistake. Central defence is where we are short which is why MM got CCV in on loan.
I thought we played well on 10:31 - Apr 22 with 1528 viewsSuperfrans

The lack of leadership is key. Without Chambers on the field, and also without a permanent manager, there is nobody in a position to take charge with any conviction.

That’s why I can’t get too excited about yesterday though. It was meaningless.

Villa did look much stronger and more powerful than us though. And showed how far off we are.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

I thought we played well on 10:44 - Apr 22 with 1494 viewsstrikalite

I thought we played well on 10:31 - Apr 22 by Superfrans

The lack of leadership is key. Without Chambers on the field, and also without a permanent manager, there is nobody in a position to take charge with any conviction.

Villa did look much stronger and more powerful than us though. And showed how far off we are.

Agree with all that, also to go down to ten men just before half time changed everything because it gave them that half time rest period to regroup and come out and keep the ball making it very difficult on a warm day....the second goal was inevitable, it was then just a training exercise for them..

Once again though, the top sides come down here and just look on a different level, this is where experience in key positions becomes vital, that did show us up yesterday, we talk of putting talented kids in but they can easily get overpowered...you need a blend without a doubt..
I thought we played well on 10:47 - Apr 22 with 1483 viewsGuthrum

I thought we played well on 10:31 - Apr 22 by Superfrans

That's a key factor. The team is unsettled, demoralised (two poor seasons plus managerial departure, uncertainty) and has lost all of its leadership figures (McCarthy/Connor and Chambers).

The caretaker "committee" arrangement of (a possibly slightly unwilling) Klug plus Nash, Chambers and/or various others is not the dynamic authority needed to pull things together, giving them discipline and direction.

The club is too obviously marking time for the last few games until the end of the season.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I thought we played well on 10:57 - Apr 22 with 1463 viewsSuperfrans

I thought we played well on 10:44 - Apr 22 by strikalite

Agree with all that, also to go down to ten men just before half time changed everything because it gave them that half time rest period to regroup and come out and keep the ball making it very difficult on a warm day....the second goal was inevitable, it was then just a training exercise for them..

Once again though, the top sides come down here and just look on a different level, this is where experience in key positions becomes vital, that did show us up yesterday, we talk of putting talented kids in but they can easily get overpowered...you need a blend without a doubt..

Yes, notable in Klug’s notes yesterday - he said we played more under 23s than any other Championship club this season, and that he personally felt we put young players in too early in some cases. Just because Klug is in charge of the Academy doesn’t mean they’ll suddenly get much more chance in the first team.

It is concerning how far we are off, but there is probably little we can do about it. We don’t have the resources to magically transform ourselves into the kind of team Villa are.

We have to take the view that we’ll do the best we can to beat the teams in and around us, the teams which are mid-table and below, while raising our game against the best teams or hope we can catch them on an off day. We’ve done the latter occasionally over the last couple of years, with wins against the likes of Newcastle, Middlesbrough, Brighton, Derby etc. It can be done. But it isn’t easy to compete for play-offs in that way.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

I thought we played well on 15:09 - Apr 22 with 1324 viewsNo9

Nail on head; no leadership on the field of play- two defeats due to this we have to hope Bryan K has learned a lesson.
I thought we played well on 19:12 - Apr 22 with 1281 viewslongtimefan

Thought we held our own for the first 20 minutes but as soon as they scored their confidence surged and they were controlling the game even before the red card. Was never going to be any coming back from that.
I thought we played well on 19:14 - Apr 22 with 1272 viewsHerbivore

I thought we played well on 15:09 - Apr 22 by No9

Nail on head; no leadership on the field of play- two defeats due to this we have to hope Bryan K has learned a lesson.

Pretty sure the defeat yesterday was primarily down to Villa being much better than us and being down to 10 men for 50 minutes.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024