Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One footballing conclusion from yesterday 13:31 - Apr 22 with 3352 viewsbontcho

If we’re to play a more attacking, passing game next year (fingers crossed) then perhaps more personnel changes than I though are required. Not sure Knudsen will work in that style, Spence, Hyam and Waghorn might struggle too.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

One footballing conclusion from yesterday on 13:39 - Apr 22 with 3285 viewsDarth_Koont

Yesterday, we were missing most of the players who can help us play a more attacking, passing game.

Put Webster, Huws and Dozzell for example down the spine of the team (with maybe even Garner to give more of a focal point upfront) and we look very different.

But we can, and certainly should, add some extra quality on the ball given a number of players who could potentially come off the wage list at the end of the season.

Pronouns: He/Him

One footballing conclusion from yesterday on 13:45 - Apr 22 with 3259 viewstextbackup

I think waghorn will be fine, he'll also give us that hussle and bussle needed for this league

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

One footballing conclusion from yesterday on 13:48 - Apr 22 with 3251 viewschristiand

One footballing conclusion from yesterday on 13:45 - Apr 22 by textbackup

I think waghorn will be fine, he'll also give us that hussle and bussle needed for this league

He needed someone else up top with him, he was too isolated and playing on his own at times. The team sat too deep, but credit needs to go to Villa for forcing us back.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

One footballing conclusion from yesterday on 13:51 - Apr 22 with 3238 viewsGuthrum

Waghorn would definitely be ok. The better the supply flows, the more goals he'll get. Won't have to concentrate on going and fetching.

Knudsen would do alright, as will Spence (altho may be inconsistent).

Hyam doubtful.

Fot personnel changes we will need money. Not so sure that is likely.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

One footballing conclusion from yesterday on 13:51 - Apr 22 with 3239 viewscrazyblue68

One footballing conclusion from yesterday on 13:39 - Apr 22 by Darth_Koont

Yesterday, we were missing most of the players who can help us play a more attacking, passing game.

Put Webster, Huws and Dozzell for example down the spine of the team (with maybe even Garner to give more of a focal point upfront) and we look very different.

But we can, and certainly should, add some extra quality on the ball given a number of players who could potentially come off the wage list at the end of the season.

Dozzell, Huws, Nydam and Downes will be too lightweight to play many games in the Championship. We need strong,hard,quality seasoned players. We wont get them because they cost money though.
Anyone who takes this job on has a massive job to do. Without money the guy has no chance. Its plainly obvious we are very very lightweight.
One footballing conclusion from yesterday on 13:52 - Apr 22 with 3232 viewsGuthrum

One footballing conclusion from yesterday on 13:51 - Apr 22 by crazyblue68

Dozzell, Huws, Nydam and Downes will be too lightweight to play many games in the Championship. We need strong,hard,quality seasoned players. We wont get them because they cost money though.
Anyone who takes this job on has a massive job to do. Without money the guy has no chance. Its plainly obvious we are very very lightweight.

Huws is not lightweight.

One footballing conclusion from yesterday on 14:00 - Apr 22 with 3187 viewscrazyblue68

One footballing conclusion from yesterday on 13:52 - Apr 22 by Guthrum

Huws is not lightweight.

He isnt all that. He wont shine, is very over rated.
One footballing conclusion from yesterday on 14:06 - Apr 22 with 3164 viewsbontcho

I wonder if we’ll raise a little cash from a few sales. I wasn’t expecting much change on the pitch but may be there will have to be. I partly chucked Waghorn in there for that reason. Knudsen, to my eye, could raise good cash and not be overly suited to the new style (although playing wing back and centre back is useful).

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Login to get fewer ads

One footballing conclusion from yesterday on 14:07 - Apr 22 with 3162 viewsGuthrum

One footballing conclusion from yesterday on 14:00 - Apr 22 by crazyblue68

He isnt all that. He wont shine, is very over rated.

He might be fragile from an injury perspective, but did pretty well for us in the latter part of last season. Ran the game against Newcastle.

One footballing conclusion from yesterday on 14:28 - Apr 22 with 3082 viewspowinswitch

Cannot believe you included Waghorn. Probably the best outfield player we have with a good football brain. Quick thinking, happy to play a first time ball. He laid one on a plate for Celina against Barnsley. We are lucky to have him
One footballing conclusion from yesterday on 14:31 - Apr 22 with 3067 viewspowinswitch

Not sure Downes is lightweight. Nor Huws. Dozzell is, but he may come back stronger and bigger. Not sure about his knee. Hopefully it will repair well.
One footballing conclusion from yesterday on 14:42 - Apr 22 with 3034 viewsclive_baker

Couldn’t agree more. Knudsen, Spence, Hyam in particular are workmanlike but not likely to lend themselves to a shorter brand of football. I would question if Kenlock should be in that bracket too. Full back is particularly vital to get right as so much of the play should go through them, and I don’t think we’ve got the personal with the technical ability to do that currently.

Dozzell, Nydam, Webster, Bishop, Huws, Garner, Waghorn are potentially a core of a decent side but if I inherited this squad the full backs would be my first recruits.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

One footballing conclusion from yesterday on 14:49 - Apr 22 with 3010 viewsJ2BLUE

One footballing conclusion from yesterday on 14:42 - Apr 22 by clive_baker

Couldn’t agree more. Knudsen, Spence, Hyam in particular are workmanlike but not likely to lend themselves to a shorter brand of football. I would question if Kenlock should be in that bracket too. Full back is particularly vital to get right as so much of the play should go through them, and I don’t think we’ve got the personal with the technical ability to do that currently.

Dozzell, Nydam, Webster, Bishop, Huws, Garner, Waghorn are potentially a core of a decent side but if I inherited this squad the full backs would be my first recruits.

Where would you find better replacement with no financial backing? Any decent free agent is likely to go elsewhere and we rarely pay fees.

Hypothetically...would you sell Bart for £5m if you got the money to spend on fees?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

One footballing conclusion from yesterday on 15:03 - Apr 22 with 2942 viewsBlueBadger

One footballing conclusion from yesterday on 13:45 - Apr 22 by textbackup

This^

Waghorn has a lot more 'football' about him than some give him credit for.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

One footballing conclusion from yesterday on 15:03 - Apr 22 with 2946 viewsclive_baker

One footballing conclusion from yesterday on 14:49 - Apr 22 by J2BLUE

Where would you find better replacement with no financial backing? Any decent free agent is likely to go elsewhere and we rarely pay fees.

Hypothetically...would you sell Bart for £5m if you got the money to spend on fees?

£5m is a lot of money for someone of his age, so yes if I could reinvest it I would sell. If I could get something for Knudsen I would also move him on, and move on Sears, Hyam, McGoldrick (seems inevitable), Bru, plus the 4 loanees returning to their clubs. Of course it’s hypothetical and relies on clubs wanting any of the contracted players but there’s scope to free up a decent chunk of wages.

Aside from that maybe it’s a chance to be a little creative in terms of where we utilise players. I think Nydam could be a fantastic left back / wing back. He’s excellent on the ball. If we had a fit Dozzell, Bishop, Adayemi, Skuse, Downes, Huws occupying the midfield roles then maybe LB is the best place to utilise Nydam.

Edit: the Nydam view is in part driven by his performance against Palace at left back. He was absolutely superb.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 15:06]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

One footballing conclusion from yesterday on 15:25 - Apr 22 with 2889 viewsBlueBadger

Downes has just played most of the season, gaining plaudits, in the third division. I suspect he's probably got enough about him physically to cope with the Championship if he can cop win League 1.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

One footballing conclusion from yesterday on 15:57 - Apr 22 with 2824 viewscrazyblue68

One footballing conclusion from yesterday on 15:25 - Apr 22 by BlueBadger

Downes has just played most of the season, gaining plaudits, in the third division. I suspect he's probably got enough about him physically to cope with the Championship if he can cop win League 1.

Luton are in league 2(all be it, they just got promoted). Championship football is two leagues up from what he has played, lm just not sure he can cut it for a long season. Dozzell definately wont, he just isnt big enough. Nydam is probably the best bet, but the 3 of them cannot be expected to take the responsibility next season. They are all too young and inexperienced.
Our so called experienced midfielders are all just defensive players or are constantly injured/sick. We need at least 2 good seasoned pros, but it wont happen. Evans is a tight @rse.
One footballing conclusion from yesterday on 16:00 - Apr 22 with 2812 viewsstrikalite

One footballing conclusion from yesterday on 15:03 - Apr 22 by clive_baker

£5m is a lot of money for someone of his age, so yes if I could reinvest it I would sell. If I could get something for Knudsen I would also move him on, and move on Sears, Hyam, McGoldrick (seems inevitable), Bru, plus the 4 loanees returning to their clubs. Of course it’s hypothetical and relies on clubs wanting any of the contracted players but there’s scope to free up a decent chunk of wages.

Aside from that maybe it’s a chance to be a little creative in terms of where we utilise players. I think Nydam could be a fantastic left back / wing back. He’s excellent on the ball. If we had a fit Dozzell, Bishop, Adayemi, Skuse, Downes, Huws occupying the midfield roles then maybe LB is the best place to utilise Nydam.

Edit: the Nydam view is in part driven by his performance against Palace at left back. He was absolutely superb.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 15:06]

Not for a keeper it isn't, could certainly go on into his mid thirties easily...if a Prem Club come in then easily looking at £5m imo..
One footballing conclusion from yesterday on 16:00 - Apr 22 with 2808 viewsDarth_Koont

Disagree about Huws but they don't need to play many games anyway as only 2 or max 3 of them would get into the side. Skuse, Adeyemi, Ward and Bishop are competing for the other midfield spots not to mention a likely winger or two in Carayol or Celina's replacement. Then there may also be a new signing or two, Hyam, Rowe (or their replacements) plus other young players like Ben Knight coming through.

You're right it's a massive job but the new guy will inherit a decent base with the talent coming through. And it's not plainly obvious we are "very, very lightweight" until we can see what the players are capable of which we haven't yet.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024