Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted 17:23 - Apr 22 with 9052 viewsKeno

to be a new anthem?

just wondering like ...

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 17:57 - Apr 22 with 4342 viewsTractorCam

Supermarket Flowers, probably as cheery as the songs we come out too now!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 17:59 - Apr 22 with 4342 viewsVeryStableGenius

I would have thought that the club would have at least played one of his songs prior to kick off. We have one of the most popular musicians globally as a fan, yet we play Frank Sinatra.

Feels like a missed opportunity to me. Castle on the Hill is his ‘love-letter to Suffolk’, that would be a good starting point.
Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 18:01 - Apr 22 with 4331 viewsBlueBadger

Haven't we suffered enough already?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 18:03 - Apr 22 with 4327 viewsTractorCam

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 17:59 - Apr 22 by VeryStableGenius

I would have thought that the club would have at least played one of his songs prior to kick off. We have one of the most popular musicians globally as a fan, yet we play Frank Sinatra.

Feels like a missed opportunity to me. Castle on the Hill is his ‘love-letter to Suffolk’, that would be a good starting point.

They played that just before the 2nd half in fairness

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 18:04 - Apr 22 with 4324 viewsLord_Lucan

I know it sounds strange but I don't knowingly know any Ed Sheeran songs.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 18:15 - Apr 22 with 4294 viewsBlueBadger

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 18:04 - Apr 22 by Lord_Lucan

I've DEFINITELY heard some, but I'm b*ggered if I can remember then, they're that beige.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 18:21 - Apr 22 with 4269 viewsvapour_trail

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 18:04 - Apr 22 by Lord_Lucan

Yes, I am the same, I’m not sure I’d recognise his voice either.

I guess that’s just a reflection of choice of media.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 18:22 - Apr 22 with 4266 viewsFixed_It

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 17:59 - Apr 22 by VeryStableGenius

They played it just before the start of the second half.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Login to get fewer ads

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 18:51 - Apr 22 with 4200 viewsJETPower

while I am no Sheeran fan, and I'm not sure I'd like to hear that song 23+ times next year, from a solely branding perspective the marketing team need a very good excuse not to do this
Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 18:55 - Apr 22 with 4189 viewsHerbivore

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 18:51 - Apr 22 by JETPower

while I am no Sheeran fan, and I'm not sure I'd like to hear that song 23+ times next year, from a solely branding perspective the marketing team need a very good excuse not to do this

Why?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:13 - Apr 22 with 4147 viewsJETPower

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 18:55 - Apr 22 by Herbivore

Why?

It's a good idea. I bet the Sheffield clubs play the Arctic Monkeys. The Mancs will play Oasis (or Stone Roses or whatever). London clubs play The Clash. We are a small provincial club, albeit with a proud history and a sadly realistic/pragmatic future outlook, and we have an international music megastar on our doorstep (whatever you think of his tunes). It is relevant, current, speaks of us a bit to the away fans, and you can't argue with the guy's sales/wider appeal.

Besides, the whole match routine has been the same for an age, and that screams of the complacency of the entire club. Let's mix it up.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 19:14]
Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:14 - Apr 22 with 4139 viewsBlueBadger

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 18:51 - Apr 22 by JETPower

What about 'it's desperately bland piece of musical wallpaper and also piss off with your 'global branding' b0llocks' as an excuse?

Modern football.

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:15 - Apr 22 with 4136 viewsBlueBadger

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 18:03 - Apr 22 by TractorCam

They played that just before the 2nd half in fairness

...the second half in which we fell to bits and conceded 3 goals?
[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 19:27]

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:15 - Apr 22 with 4132 viewsHerbivore

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:13 - Apr 22 by JETPower

It's a good idea. I bet the Sheffield clubs play the Arctic Monkeys. The Mancs will play Oasis (or Stone Roses or whatever). London clubs play The Clash. We are a small provincial club, albeit with a proud history and a sadly realistic/pragmatic future outlook, and we have an international music megastar on our doorstep (whatever you think of his tunes). It is relevant, current, speaks of us a bit to the away fans, and you can't argue with the guy's sales/wider appeal.

Besides, the whole match routine has been the same for an age, and that screams of the complacency of the entire club. Let's mix it up.

His songs aren't exactly rousing though are they? I think it's a terrible idea to be honest, seems rather tinpot.

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:15 - Apr 22 with 4133 viewsJETPower

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:14 - Apr 22 by BlueBadger

What about 'it's desperately bland piece of musical wallpaper and also piss off with your 'global branding' b0llocks' as an excuse?

Modern football.

I hate to break it to you, but football at this level is a business. We're not very good at it.
Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:18 - Apr 22 with 4117 viewsLord_Lucan

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:13 - Apr 22 by JETPower

Then we should play The Adicts, Ipswich's finest.

Or Jah Warriors

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:19 - Apr 22 with 4116 viewsHerbivore

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:15 - Apr 22 by JETPower

I hate to break it to you, but football at this level is a business. We're not very good at it.

How would playing an Ed Sheerhan song before kick off improve us as a business?

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:21 - Apr 22 with 4110 viewsstonojnr

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:15 - Apr 22 by Herbivore

His songs aren't exactly rousing though are they? I think it's a terrible idea to be honest, seems rather tinpot.

Doesn't matter,the speakers in the South stand are shot to bits,took me ages to work out it was My Way they were playing as the teams walked out, so they could play the whole album and noone would notice
Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:22 - Apr 22 with 4104 viewsJETPower

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:15 - Apr 22 by Herbivore

Well I listened to that Castle on the Hill song mentioned above on YouTube (incognito mode, obviously), and it sounded like it could work. Does the 1997 remix of Singing the Blues and the soporific version of My Way (sorry Sir Bob) really get you going?

It's tinpot to be embarrassed about the huge name that happens to come from your area. Should own him.
Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:23 - Apr 22 with 4100 viewsBlueBadger

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:15 - Apr 22 by JETPower

The main reason that ITFC is underperforming as 'business' because we've not been overly brilliant at football over the last 16 years, not because some bland nice-boy singer-songwriter isn't getting played before we run out on the pitch.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 19:24]

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:24 - Apr 22 with 4095 viewsBLUEBEAT

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:18 - Apr 22 by Lord_Lucan

Then we should play The Adicts, Ipswich's finest.

Or Jah Warriors

Or Nik Kershaw or Extreme Noise Terror or Napalm Death.

Poll: W or W

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:24 - Apr 22 with 4093 viewsHerbivore

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:22 - Apr 22 by JETPower

Well I listened to that Castle on the Hill song mentioned above on YouTube (incognito mode, obviously), and it sounded like it could work. Does the 1997 remix of Singing the Blues and the soporific version of My Way (sorry Sir Bob) really get you going?

It's tinpot to be embarrassed about the huge name that happens to come from your area. Should own him.

We play My Way because of Sir Bob. I'm not a huge fan of it but there's a reason why it's played. I see no good reason to play a bland, drippy pop song because the person who sings it kind of supports us.

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:25 - Apr 22 with 4094 viewsBlueBadger

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:24 - Apr 22 by BLUEBEAT

Or Nik Kershaw or Extreme Noise Terror or Napalm Death.

I would totally be down with some ENT getting played.

Them, or Clock.

PROPER Ipswich bands.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 20:06]

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:25 - Apr 22 with 4085 viewsJETPower

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:23 - Apr 22 by BlueBadger

The main reason that ITFC is underperforming as 'business' because we've not been overly brilliant at football over the last 16 years, not because some bland nice-boy singer-songwriter isn't getting played before we run out on the pitch.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 19:24]

this is true
Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:27 - Apr 22 with 4078 viewsBlueBadger

I've just done some googling and the short answer is 'no they don't'. Try suggesting to Everton fans that they play, say Atomic Kitten, rather than 'Z-Cars' and see what response you get.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024