Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted 17:23 - Apr 22 with 9099 viewsKeno

to be a new anthem?

just wondering like ...

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:28 - Apr 22 with 3602 viewsDarth_Koont

He needs to write something as clearly linkable with Town as the Proclaimers' Sunshine on Leith is for Hibernian.

Pronouns: He/Him

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:32 - Apr 22 with 3592 viewsBlueBadger

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 18:22 - Apr 22 by Fixed_It

They played it just before the start of the second half.

...and look what happened then...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:33 - Apr 22 with 3585 viewsJETPower

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:19 - Apr 22 by Herbivore

How would playing an Ed Sheerhan song before kick off improve us as a business?

Identity and branding and stuff (I do know more about this, but it's a football forum and I'm already regretting saying anything).

Sheeran and his wife (or fiance/girlfriend/beard whatever) being at the game in their matching shirts was about the third story on the Daily Mail online this morning. These strange things add up and it is people's job to look after them for a reason.

I wish it weren't the case too, but it is.
Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:36 - Apr 22 with 3582 viewsMullet

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:33 - Apr 22 by JETPower

Identity and branding and stuff (I do know more about this, but it's a football forum and I'm already regretting saying anything).

Sheeran and his wife (or fiance/girlfriend/beard whatever) being at the game in their matching shirts was about the third story on the Daily Mail online this morning. These strange things add up and it is people's job to look after them for a reason.

I think you're massively overestimating and analysing things if you think any DM readers are going to look across from stories about immigrants, or teenage celebrities getting their knickers papped to worry about Ed Sheeran's choice of polyester.

At best they'll be checking his ginger hair and Irish sounding song to make sure he's legal here.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:39 - Apr 22 with 3571 viewsJETPower

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:27 - Apr 22 by BlueBadger

I've just done some googling and the short answer is 'no they don't'. Try suggesting to Everton fans that they play, say Atomic Kitten, rather than 'Z-Cars' and see what response you get.

Atomic Kitten aren't loved around the world. Or anywhere much, in fact. Sheeran is (I don't get it either).

I am pretty sure one of the Scouse clubs played The Zutons last time I went to a game there. Probably Everton. The Coral are played at games too. And they're only vaguely known nationally, not internationally, and from a few years ago now. And both Merseyside clubs are bigger than we are.
Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:42 - Apr 22 with 3564 viewsMullet

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:39 - Apr 22 by JETPower

Atomic Kitten aren't loved around the world. Or anywhere much, in fact. Sheeran is (I don't get it either).

I am pretty sure one of the Scouse clubs played The Zutons last time I went to a game there. Probably Everton. The Coral are played at games too. And they're only vaguely known nationally, not internationally, and from a few years ago now. And both Merseyside clubs are bigger than we are.

Have you not considered that they're played because they're bang in the middle of the Soccer AM indie-man demographic that makes up most football crowds?

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:45 - Apr 22 with 3558 viewsHerbivore

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:33 - Apr 22 by JETPower

Our brand should be represented by a bland, ginger, middle of the road singer/songwriter?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:52 - Apr 22 with 3546 viewsJETPower

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:42 - Apr 22 by Mullet

Have you not considered that they're played because they're bang in the middle of the Soccer AM indie-man demographic that makes up most football crowds?

Yes, but I also considered regional identity is part of it too. It obviously is. Some places and businesses do that better than others.

Last year Ed Sheeran was the best-selling music act in the world (according to officialcharts.com). It's silly for us not to recognise that somehow.
Login to get fewer ads

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:53 - Apr 22 with 3544 viewsLord_Lucan

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:24 - Apr 22 by BLUEBEAT

Or Nik Kershaw or Extreme Noise Terror or Napalm Death.

Although Nik Kershaw is technically from Bristol - and also painfully short.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:55 - Apr 22 with 3539 viewsJETPower

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:45 - Apr 22 by Herbivore

Our brand should be represented by a bland, ginger, middle of the road singer/songwriter?

Unfortunately Beyonce isn't from Needham Market
Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:55 - Apr 22 with 3536 viewsLord_Lucan

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:39 - Apr 22 by JETPower

Everton ALWAYS play Z Cars

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:58 - Apr 22 with 3535 viewsvapour_trail

I get your drift, but I’m not sure it’s the brand association we should be looking for.

Bland as fck might suit our current football brand but we should aspire to more.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:58 - Apr 22 with 3535 viewsJETPower

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:55 - Apr 22 by Lord_Lucan

Yeah, I like it. Tony Bellew plays it before his fights too. It has proper local buy-in. It works.
Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 20:02 - Apr 22 with 3523 viewsEdSheeran

I've got loads of hits you numbskull
Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 20:04 - Apr 22 with 3520 viewsBlueBadger

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:58 - Apr 22 by JETPower

Yeah, I like it. Tony Bellew plays it before his fights too. It has proper local buy-in. It works.

At this point, I'm going to say 'well played' and apply for my entry to the Order of the Whoosh. Well played.

Note to the Top Gear gang - THIS is how trolling SHOULD be done.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 20:04]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 20:10 - Apr 22 with 3507 viewsfactual_blue

...are two of them with wildly inappropriate titles for ITFC at present.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 20:11 - Apr 22 with 3504 viewsfactual_blue

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 20:02 - Apr 22 by EdSheeran

I've got loads of hits you numbskull

I didn't realise you had a musical bent blueas.

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 20:13 - Apr 22 with 3502 viewsMullet

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:52 - Apr 22 by JETPower

Yes, but I also considered regional identity is part of it too. It obviously is. Some places and businesses do that better than others.

Last year Ed Sheeran was the best-selling music act in the world (according to officialcharts.com). It's silly for us not to recognise that somehow.

How is Ed Sheeran's multi-national "brand" distinctly Suffolk though and how does it help ITFC? He doesn't sing in a Suffolk accent, he made a mawkish exploitative debut single about the Ipswich murders, and has one about Fram castle, which is a crumbling ruin.

Are you sure you do this for a living?

Do you think Wolves should be playing on Led Zep more too? A bit of Lindisfarne and Jimmy Nail for the Toon? Seems a bit paperthin as a concept for branding to me.

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 20:17 - Apr 22 with 3489 viewsFreddy

Blue is the colour ?
Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 20:19 - Apr 22 with 3485 viewsosborne

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:55 - Apr 22 by Lord_Lucan

Theme from Lovejoy it is then
Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 20:36 - Apr 22 with 3462 viewsfactual_blue

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:53 - Apr 22 by Lord_Lucan

Although Nik Kershaw is technically from Bristol - and also painfully short.

Ed Sheeran is 'technically' from Halifax.

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 20:44 - Apr 22 with 3449 viewsJETPower

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 20:13 - Apr 22 by Mullet

How is Ed Sheeran's multi-national "brand" distinctly Suffolk though and how does it help ITFC? He doesn't sing in a Suffolk accent, he made a mawkish exploitative debut single about the Ipswich murders, and has one about Fram castle, which is a crumbling ruin.

Are you sure you do this for a living?

Do you think Wolves should be playing on Led Zep more too? A bit of Lindisfarne and Jimmy Nail for the Toon? Seems a bit paperthin as a concept for branding to me.

Used to do it for a living, don't any more.

I don't think the Geordies need encouraging to be honest.
Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 20:54 - Apr 22 with 3432 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I posted this a while back:

‘I’m in love with the shape of you
Push and pull in a four-four-two
Cole Skuse in the middle with bru
In the team of mccrthy’

It was sh*t then too

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 21:09 - Apr 22 with 3414 viewswellyblue

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 19:18 - Apr 22 by Lord_Lucan

Then we should play The Adicts, Ipswich's finest.

Or Jah Warriors

Organized Confusion?
Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 21:10 - Apr 22 with 3413 viewsCoco

Are there any Ed Sheeran songs that could be adapted on 20:54 - Apr 22 by The_Romford_Blue

I posted this a while back:

‘I’m in love with the shape of you
Push and pull in a four-four-two
Cole Skuse in the middle with bru
In the team of mccrthy’

It was sh*t then too

Clearly this has a hook that is very terrace friendly:

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024