Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Work 17:58 - Apr 22 with 8598 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

When did working round the clock become an acceptable norm? I might have to stop getting promoted this is ridiculous.
Work on 18:00 - Apr 22 with 5187 viewsJ2BLUE

Yea our local McDonalds applied for a 24/7 licence as well.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Work on 18:00 - Apr 22 with 5186 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I believe it is a fairly British trait. It is important to protect your work-life balance.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Work on 18:03 - Apr 22 with 5172 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Work on 18:00 - Apr 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

I believe it is a fairly British trait. It is important to protect your work-life balance.

Nah the Yanks love it.

It's impossible to at the moment, can't turn down big accounts after all.
Work on 18:04 - Apr 22 with 5163 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Work on 18:00 - Apr 22 by J2BLUE

Underrated coffee
Work on 18:04 - Apr 22 with 5161 viewsAce_High1

Work on 18:03 - Apr 22 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Nah the Yanks love it.

Thats the thing, everyone says "just say no" or switch your phone off but its not that easy.

It quickly becomes expected, to the point that if you don't do it you fall behind. Also not good if you are progressing up the company and looking to further progress.
Work on 18:09 - Apr 22 with 5129 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Work on 18:04 - Apr 22 by Ace_High1

Thats the thing, everyone says "just say no" or switch your phone off but its not that easy.

It quickly becomes expected, to the point that if you don't do it you fall behind. Also not good if you are progressing up the company and looking to further progress.

Having clients in lots of timezones doesn't help.
Work on 18:09 - Apr 22 with 5124 viewshoppy

Work on 18:00 - Apr 22 by J2BLUE

So will you have more shifts?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Work on 18:12 - Apr 22 with 5109 viewsLord_Lucan

Work on 18:04 - Apr 22 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Underrated coffee

Valid point.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Work on 18:13 - Apr 22 with 5107 viewsJ2BLUE

Work on 18:09 - Apr 22 by hoppy

So will you have more shifts?

Nah going to become an unemployed layabout.

Truly impaired.

Work on 18:16 - Apr 22 with 5088 viewsJ2BLUE

Work on 18:12 - Apr 22 by Lord_Lucan

Valid point.

Agree.

Truly impaired.

Work on 18:19 - Apr 22 with 5070 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Work on 18:12 - Apr 22 by Lord_Lucan

Valid point.

Yep I don't drink it in the city but when I lived in baron desert and had the amazing choice of starbucks or McDonalds by the office I would choose to be caffeinated by the latter.

I now have gone for coffee snob because Philly is home to best in the land https://www.lacolombe.com/

For Filter coffee in the UK Pret isn't bad either. Also not being that annoying person abroad (or maybe I am) but when you ask for a regular coffee from the likes of Costa etc do you get an Americano?
Work on 18:23 - Apr 22 with 5048 viewsLord_Lucan

Work on 18:19 - Apr 22 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Yep I don't drink it in the city but when I lived in baron desert and had the amazing choice of starbucks or McDonalds by the office I would choose to be caffeinated by the latter.

I now have gone for coffee snob because Philly is home to best in the land https://www.lacolombe.com/

For Filter coffee in the UK Pret isn't bad either. Also not being that annoying person abroad (or maybe I am) but when you ask for a regular coffee from the likes of Costa etc do you get an Americano?

Stop right there. I am constantly confused by coffee.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Work on 18:23 - Apr 22 with 5042 viewsJ2BLUE

Work on 18:19 - Apr 22 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Draft latte...

Truly impaired.

Work on 18:27 - Apr 22 with 5019 viewsJ2BLUE

Work on 18:23 - Apr 22 by Lord_Lucan

Stop right there. I am constantly confused by coffee.

How do you have it?

Truly impaired.

Work on 18:31 - Apr 22 with 5008 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Work on 18:23 - Apr 22 by J2BLUE

Draft latte...

No thanks.
Work on 18:32 - Apr 22 with 5008 viewsLord_Lucan

Work on 18:27 - Apr 22 by J2BLUE

How do you have it?

On Mothers recommendation I have been drinking Flat Whites of late - although McDonalds haven't quite mastered it yet and Costa have small measures.

Work on 18:34 - Apr 22 with 4997 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Work on 18:32 - Apr 22 by Lord_Lucan

On Mothers recommendation I have been drinking Flat Whites of late - although McDonalds haven't quite mastered it yet and Costa have small measures.

Corsica with room.
Work on 18:53 - Apr 22 with 4945 viewsColin_Viljoen

Work on 18:32 - Apr 22 by Lord_Lucan

Just order a large latte with an extra shot, same thing but more of it!
Work on 19:00 - Apr 22 with 4918 viewsDarth_Koont

Normally it's just wasteful processes.

Pronouns: He/Him

Work on 19:03 - Apr 22 with 4904 viewsblueislander

There is often a p-ssing contest to see who can spend the most time in the office. Often those who stayed the longest were the least productive. Anyone else experienced that?
Work on 19:09 - Apr 22 with 4880 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Your hourly salary must be pitiful...

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Work on 19:14 - Apr 22 with 4862 viewsmrshallisfit

Work on 18:03 - Apr 22 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Nah the Yanks love it.

Hopefully having such an important heavy workload will prevent you from writing many "look at me" posts on here. Or indeed any posts on here.
Work on 19:46 - Apr 22 with 4794 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Work on 19:14 - Apr 22 by mrshallisfit

Hopefully having such an important heavy workload will prevent you from writing many "look at me" posts on here. Or indeed any posts on here.

You could always block me but then one would you respond to my posts?!

x
Work on 20:10 - Apr 22 with 4758 viewsvapour_trail

Work on 19:09 - Apr 22 by Marshalls_Mullet

Your hourly salary must be pitiful...

I was considering this the other day.

I do ok, but I check my email when I am still in bed in the morning, seven days a week, each evening and all weekend. And I respond to anything that needs it. I don’t mind to be honest prefer that to having a pile of stuff to pick up first thing in the morning.

The key is to flex both ways. Take time out of normal working hours to sort your life out and you don’t mind working on tap.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Work on 20:18 - Apr 22 with 4739 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Having worked all my life in an office environment I always put in extra hours whether it be in the office early or stay late or even occasional weekends (despite office hours being 8-6) I have progressed in every company I have worked for and am not blessed with the highest level of intelligence and feel I have to make up for it by hard work. All this does come at a huge cost to my personal life though and my ex wife blamed my long office hours as one of the reason our marriage failed and couldn’t see that it paid for a house, wedding, a lovely lifestyle (considering our age) and she was thankful for it at the divorce I can assure you.

However whenever my current partner starts I put her in her place very quickly as I’ve always been like it and am not going to change now as I feel I would be shortchanging my employer now as I would be achieving/producing less than I always have.

In short I put massive pressure on myself.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024