Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dilemmas on being under charged 19:45 - Apr 22 with 4088 viewsgiant_stow

Bought some floor tiles today amongst other stuff. Got home and checked the bill, which was totally mangled - things in there we hadn't bought but importantly, only one pack of tiles instead of ten. Eek. Their machine had gone nuts basically.

So do I phone the day store up and offer to pay the difference over the phone or will they think I nicked the tiles? Roughly a hundred quids worth.

If it were just ten or twenty, I'd not bother and smile, but this seems too much.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Dilemmas on being under charged on 19:52 - Apr 22 with 4040 viewsLord_Lucan

You've been hanging around here too long and have turned weirdly honest.

My advice is to do a re run and see if it happens again.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Dilemmas on being under charged on 19:58 - Apr 22 with 4012 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

You got a deal, you didn't ask for it or steal anything stop being so stupid.
Dilemmas on being under charged on 19:58 - Apr 22 with 4012 viewsgiant_stow

Dilemmas on being under charged on 19:52 - Apr 22 by Lord_Lucan

You've been hanging around here too long and have turned weirdly honest.

My advice is to do a re run and see if it happens again.

Chuckle..I'm baffled tbh!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Dilemmas on being under charged on 20:01 - Apr 22 with 4007 viewsgiant_stow

Dilemmas on being under charged on 19:58 - Apr 22 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

You got a deal, you didn't ask for it or steal anything stop being so stupid.

Can't pretend... Youre both saying what I want to read!

Dilemmas on being under charged on 20:05 - Apr 22 with 3987 viewsstickymockwell

Dilemmas on being under charged on 20:01 - Apr 22 by giant_stow

Can't pretend... Youre both saying what I want to read!

If it was a family run business with lots of brothers and sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces and nephews and mum and dad, then I would return them!

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: Best left back in the last 10 years

Dilemmas on being under charged on 20:07 - Apr 22 with 3970 viewsgiant_stow

Dilemmas on being under charged on 20:05 - Apr 22 by stickymockwell

If it was a family run business with lots of brothers and sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces and nephews and mum and dad, then I would return them!

Boo!

Dilemmas on being under charged on 20:08 - Apr 22 with 3963 viewsCoco

I would definitely get down to the police station and hand yourself in. You’ll get a shorter sentence.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Dilemmas on being under charged on 20:14 - Apr 22 with 3933 viewsMullet

Dilemmas on being under charged on 20:05 - Apr 22 by stickymockwell

He means the tiles. He's not been on Norfolk Tinder.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

Dilemmas on being under charged on 20:15 - Apr 22 with 3933 viewsgiant_stow

Dilemmas on being under charged on 20:08 - Apr 22 by Coco

I would definitely get down to the police station and hand yourself in. You’ll get a shorter sentence.

I'm being silly yeah?

Dilemmas on being under charged on 20:20 - Apr 22 with 3910 viewsTownly

If you paid by card they could trace you once they realise the mistake.
Dilemmas on being under charged on 20:24 - Apr 22 with 3891 viewsgiant_stow

Dilemmas on being under charged on 20:20 - Apr 22 by Townly

Hmm yeah, maybe. Interesting.

Dilemmas on being under charged on 20:39 - Apr 22 with 3856 viewsBent_double

Dilemmas on being under charged on 20:20 - Apr 22 by Townly

Doubt it, the most they could do would be to request his details from the card provider, then when they have them, write to him explaining the error and asking for the outstanding amount.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Dilemmas on being under charged on 20:45 - Apr 22 with 3824 viewspoppiesman

Dilemmas on being under charged on 20:24 - Apr 22 by giant_stow

Hmm yeah, maybe. Interesting.

No because according to the bill/receipt, you paid for the items you took. Therefore there is no discrepency between the bill and what you paid.
If there isnt 10 lots of tiles on the receipt then how do they know it was you that took the tiles?
Dilemmas on being under charged on 20:54 - Apr 22 with 3792 viewsgiant_stow

Dilemmas on being under charged on 20:45 - Apr 22 by poppiesman

No because according to the bill/receipt, you paid for the items you took. Therefore there is no discrepency between the bill and what you paid.
If there isnt 10 lots of tiles on the receipt then how do they know it was you that took the tiles?

Ture I spose but then it's back to my maybe silly guilty conscience... Thanks all for the advice.

Dilemmas on being under charged on 21:06 - Apr 22 with 3753 viewsJ2BLUE

Personally I would offer to pay because everyone makes mistakes and it could potentially cost someone their job. I've had colleagues sacked for making several mistakes. I've given people 100 Euros too much several times. Not lately thankfully but i've done it about once a year. One time someone brought it back. Restores your faith in humanity.

The worst ones were where I knew I had given it to a specific person and they kept coming back and never mentioned it. For anyone thinking how is that even possible, I served about 8000 customers a year. Most of which was done in the summer when the shop became ridiculously busy. It's easy to do if you take your eye off the ball for a second.

Sadly most people will say who cares, take advantage of the mistake. It's obviously your choice.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Dilemmas on being under charged on 21:29 - Apr 22 with 3684 viewsSE1blue

Are you counting these tiles on your fingers?

There might be less than you think...

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Dilemmas on being under charged on 23:01 - Apr 22 with 3584 viewsPlums

Dilemmas on being under charged on 21:06 - Apr 22 by J2BLUE

Personally I would offer to pay because everyone makes mistakes and it could potentially cost someone their job. I've had colleagues sacked for making several mistakes. I've given people 100 Euros too much several times. Not lately thankfully but i've done it about once a year. One time someone brought it back. Restores your faith in humanity.

The worst ones were where I knew I had given it to a specific person and they kept coming back and never mentioned it. For anyone thinking how is that even possible, I served about 8000 customers a year. Most of which was done in the summer when the shop became ridiculously busy. It's easy to do if you take your eye off the ball for a second.

Sadly most people will say who cares, take advantage of the mistake. It's obviously your choice.

There was a young lad at a local recycling yard who took in a load of copper pipe and tanks that a plumber brought in. This was in the days when you could weigh scrap in for cash. Instead of the net weight of the copper, he was paid for the weight of his van. It cost the lad his job and probably bought the plumber a holiday.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Dilemmas on being under charged on 23:15 - Apr 22 with 3561 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Dilemmas on being under charged on 21:06 - Apr 22 by J2BLUE

I tend to got with the same principle I would if I had been overcharged. If it is a few pence would I bother about it? As soon as it is a significant amount you do something about it either way.

If you do not let them know the mistake, you should be happy for them to be awkward if you went back because you have been overcharged (they probably wouldn't be but it is the same principle). At the end of the day, it is their mistake, though. By letting them know of the problem they should value you higher as a returning customer.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Dilemmas on being under charged on 06:59 - Apr 23 with 3406 viewsOxford_Blue

You know they have made a mistake and if you don’t go back to them you are taking advantage to obtain a benefit. The person who sold them may get fired.

It’s morally wrong, which I presume is why you are worried about it. It may also be unfortunte for you if this ever got out and was made public (or more public).

Do the right thing and tell them. You never know, they might be so greatful they give you some vouchers etc.
Dilemmas on being under charged on 07:02 - Apr 23 with 3395 viewsVillageGreen

Just keep an and say it was a six fingered discount
Dilemmas on being under charged on 07:44 - Apr 23 with 3328 viewsOxford_Blue

Also they will have your card details and probably see you on CCTV.
Dilemmas on being under charged on 08:16 - Apr 23 with 3283 viewsGeoffSentence

Yes Tel them. Honesty is a wonderful quality. It appals me that so many people think it is optional.

The world would be a better place if everybody was decent and honest. Unfortunately more people are on The make and on the take , no one can be trusted and so no o e trusts anyone.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024