Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Josh Emmanuel 20:33 - Apr 22 with 5416 viewsblaggers

Rotherham's young player of the year.

Somehow not good enough to challenge Iorfa or Spence?

Baffling.

Poll: What happens next?

Josh Emmanuel on 20:35 - Apr 22 with 5394 viewsCoco

Apparently the only player on their books under 29

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Josh Emmanuel on 21:29 - Apr 22 with 5300 viewsSuperblue95

Who said he wasn't good enough to challenge them two? He was sent out to get experience which he has done, ready to play for us next season. Or would you have rathered he got the odd game here and there to hoof the ball to nobody

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Josh Emmanuel on 22:20 - Apr 22 with 5243 viewsSomethingBlue

It's very nice for him - but only means something significant if he's fought off a raft of young first-team talent to land it. Maybe he has, maybe he hasn't - I don't know but you might do. Now if he's won player of the year ...

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Josh Emmanuel on 22:37 - Apr 22 with 5174 viewsBackToRussia

Josh Emmanuel on 22:20 - Apr 22 by SomethingBlue

It's very nice for him - but only means something significant if he's fought off a raft of young first-team talent to land it. Maybe he has, maybe he hasn't - I don't know but you might do. Now if he's won player of the year ...

How many right backs win player of the year?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Josh Emmanuel on 22:40 - Apr 22 with 5168 viewsFootballpete

Josh Emmanuel on 22:37 - Apr 22 by BackToRussia

Carlos Edwards won players player for us as a right back, and he was a rubbish right back apparently (he wasn't).

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

Josh Emmanuel on 22:41 - Apr 22 with 5169 viewsNthsuffolkblue

He has beaten Matt Palmer - a 23-year-old signed from Burton, Ben Purrington a 22-year-old signed from Plymouth, Jerry Yates a 22-year-old who came through their academy but who they say led the line against Norwich in the Championship and scored, another academy product 21-year-old Mason Warren and the very impressive Ben Wiles who according to the Millers' website was born 17/4/2019 and has made 2 appearances in the Checkatrade Trophy and, of course (if 25 year-olds count), Keiffer Moore although his failure to sign for them may have influenced voting. We all know how prolific he has been for Barnsley at this level since they signed him.

Who was their overall player of the season? I see they have Caolan Lavery there - one many considered we should not have allowed to leave after he did well for Sheffield Wednesday for a while.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Josh Emmanuel on 22:49 - Apr 22 with 5145 viewsSomethingBlue

Josh Emmanuel on 22:37 - Apr 22 by BackToRussia

I don't know, but that was an aside to my main point anyway.

Josh Emmanuel on 22:55 - Apr 22 with 5121 viewsLord_Lucan

Josh Emmanuel on 22:40 - Apr 22 by Footballpete

Carlos Edwards won players player for us as a right back, and he was a rubbish right back apparently (he wasn't).

He was a good player.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Josh Emmanuel on 23:01 - Apr 22 with 5108 viewsBackToRussia

He wasn't of course, and neither was Wilnis who I believe won it once too? Both were very decent players, and there's a decent amount of evidence to suggest Emmanuel could be too if given half a chance.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Josh Emmanuel on 23:06 - Apr 22 with 5093 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Josh Emmanuel on 23:01 - Apr 22 by BackToRussia

He wasn't of course, and neither was Wilnis who I believe won it once too? Both were very decent players, and there's a decent amount of evidence to suggest Emmanuel could be too if given half a chance.

I think whether or not he is ready for this level will depend on how he suits the system the new manager decides will work best for the players we have and how he performs in pre-season.

The chap I know who is a Rotherham fan has not been overly impressed with him recently.

Josh Emmanuel on 23:12 - Apr 22 with 5079 viewsBackToRussia

Josh Emmanuel on 23:06 - Apr 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think whether or not he is ready for this level will depend on how he suits the system the new manager decides will work best for the players we have and how he performs in pre-season.

The chap I know who is a Rotherham fan has not been overly impressed with him recently.

If Evans is as good as his word, he'll hire a manager who favours Emmanuel over someone like Spence, for instance. Or maybe we should admit that 5 point plan thing was a bit of a bluff, I dunno.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Josh Emmanuel on 23:18 - Apr 22 with 5070 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Josh Emmanuel on 23:12 - Apr 22 by BackToRussia

If Evans is as good as his word, he'll hire a manager who favours Emmanuel over someone like Spence, for instance. Or maybe we should admit that 5 point plan thing was a bit of a bluff, I dunno.

I think there is an overall principle rather than saying that for every player, otherwise we will sign no one and play academy products in every position.

MM had a good record of bringing through players - in Klug's words some of them earlier than he should. That would suggest that part of the 5 point plan has been enacted recently.

Josh Emmanuel on 00:30 - Apr 23 with 4977 viewsBlueBadger

I rather fear that says a lot more about the players around him, than it does Carlos.
I liked his professionalism and his attitude, his general lack of ability, less so.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Josh Emmanuel on 00:32 - Apr 23 with 4974 viewsBlueBadger

Josh Emmanuel on 22:55 - Apr 22 by Lord_Lucan

He was a good player.

He was an indifferent winger who converted to a right back that couldn't defend but people forgave him for it, because occasionally he ran forward, got out of position, crossed behind the byline or into the first man and then the opposition broke and we concede because he was out of position.But, we liked him because he 'get forward well'.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2018 7:55]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Josh Emmanuel on 08:25 - Apr 23 with 4804 viewsJohnny_Boy

Josh Emmanuel on 22:20 - Apr 22 by SomethingBlue

Or maybe the Rotherham fans are all thickies.
Clearly they aren't self professed 'footballing people'.

It's good to see one of our Academy players picking up an award whilst on loan elsewhere.
Why would anyone see a negative in that?
[Post edited 23 Apr 2018 8:47]
Josh Emmanuel on 09:33 - Apr 23 with 4737 viewsSomethingBlue

Josh Emmanuel on 08:25 - Apr 23 by Johnny_Boy

Or maybe the Rotherham fans are all thickies.
Clearly they aren't self professed 'footballing people'.

It's good to see one of our Academy players picking up an award whilst on loan elsewhere.
Why would anyone see a negative in that?
[Post edited 23 Apr 2018 8:47]

There aren't any negatives in it.

Josh Emmanuel on 09:36 - Apr 23 with 4716 viewsSwansea_Blue

Things have never been the same since Fabulous Wilnis left!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Josh Emmanuel on 09:38 - Apr 23 with 4703 viewsHalf_Idiot

Josh Emmanuel on 22:41 - Apr 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

He has beaten Matt Palmer - a 23-year-old signed from Burton, Ben Purrington a 22-year-old signed from Plymouth, Jerry Yates a 22-year-old who came through their academy but who they say led the line against Norwich in the Championship and scored, another academy product 21-year-old Mason Warren and the very impressive Ben Wiles who according to the Millers' website was born 17/4/2019 and has made 2 appearances in the Checkatrade Trophy and, of course (if 25 year-olds count), Keiffer Moore although his failure to sign for them may have influenced voting. We all know how prolific he has been for Barnsley at this level since they signed him.

Who was their overall player of the season? I see they have Caolan Lavery there - one many considered we should not have allowed to leave after he did well for Sheffield Wednesday for a while.

How many appearances have the others made in comparison to Emmanuel?
Josh Emmanuel on 10:30 - Apr 23 with 4660 viewsJohnny_Boy

Josh Emmanuel on 09:33 - Apr 23 by SomethingBlue

There aren't any negatives in it.

Your post suggests it should be seen as an insignificant award.
You said that. In the post above mine.

Simply by merely mentioning it, you implied it.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2018 10:35]
Josh Emmanuel on 11:00 - Apr 23 with 4603 viewsHarryWright

Josh Emmanuel on 00:32 - Apr 23 by BlueBadger

He was an indifferent winger who converted to a right back that couldn't defend but people forgave him for it, because occasionally he ran forward, got out of position, crossed behind the byline or into the first man and then the opposition broke and we concede because he was out of position.But, we liked him because he 'get forward well'.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2018 7:55]

For once Badger I agree with you.
Josh Emmanuel on 11:10 - Apr 23 with 4582 viewsSomethingBlue

Josh Emmanuel on 10:30 - Apr 23 by Johnny_Boy

Your post suggests it should be seen as an insignificant award.
You said that. In the post above mine.

Simply by merely mentioning it, you implied it.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2018 10:35]

What are you wittering on about now? I was suggesting that it shouldn't be used as definitive evidence that he should be challenging to be in our team — unless we know what he was up against. Perhaps you do. Glad he won it, clearly.

Josh Emmanuel on 11:13 - Apr 23 with 4573 viewsHerbivore

Josh Emmanuel on 11:10 - Apr 23 by SomethingBlue

What are you wittering on about now? I was suggesting that it shouldn't be used as definitive evidence that he should be challenging to be in our team — unless we know what he was up against. Perhaps you do. Glad he won it, clearly.

He's not the brightest, bless him.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Josh Emmanuel on 11:18 - Apr 23 with 4561 viewsSomethingBlue

Josh Emmanuel on 11:13 - Apr 23 by Herbivore

He ties himself in some absolutely spectacular knots.

Josh Emmanuel on 13:01 - Apr 23 with 4504 viewsJohnny_Boy

Josh Emmanuel on 11:13 - Apr 23 by Herbivore

I wasn't the one hoodwinked by the previous manager.

X
Josh Emmanuel on 14:27 - Apr 23 with 4442 viewsHerbivore

Josh Emmanuel on 13:01 - Apr 23 by Johnny_Boy

I wasn't the one hoodwinked by the previous manager.

X

If you criticise a manager from day one then over a long enough time period you'll be proved right. It doesn't mean you haven't spent several years looking a mug in the process.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024