Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fears 10:17 - Apr 23 with 9532 viewsunbelievablue

Don't think we've done this for a while.

Who has an irrational fear? When I was younger I hated spiders, but I'm over that now.

However I really, really hate going to the dentist. I'm going at lunchtime today because I am in so much pain I think I might pass out, but it'll be the first time in maybe 10 years.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Fears on 10:19 - Apr 23 with 6253 viewswkj

Identical twins, I don't know why but I get goose bumps and quite anxious- I couldn't even enjoy Fun House like I was supposed to

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Fears on 10:21 - Apr 23 with 6246 viewsitfcjoe

I'm similar with the dentist, I had the back of one of my front teeth knocked out in Liquid once and when they get to cleaning them it is so senstive that the pain is indescribable.

I kept telling dentist this but he still went over it, I missed an appointment about 10 years ago and haven't been back since.

My gums have been really bleeding over last couple of weeks so i probably should go - but I really don't want to.

My most irrational fear is heights, I hate being in shopping centres where there is a massive fall protected by a little fence about 1.2m high - amazes me no-one has ever fallen over one when messing about with mates and died. Palms are sweaty just typing it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Fears on 10:27 - Apr 23 with 6230 viewsGuthrum

Claustrophobia. Gave me a full-blown panic attack when trying to have an MRI scan some weeks weeks ago. Had to take Valium for the second attempt.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Fears on 10:29 - Apr 23 with 6216 viewsunbelievablue

Fears on 10:21 - Apr 23 by itfcjoe

I'm similar with the dentist, I had the back of one of my front teeth knocked out in Liquid once and when they get to cleaning them it is so senstive that the pain is indescribable.

I kept telling dentist this but he still went over it, I missed an appointment about 10 years ago and haven't been back since.

My gums have been really bleeding over last couple of weeks so i probably should go - but I really don't want to.

My most irrational fear is heights, I hate being in shopping centres where there is a massive fall protected by a little fence about 1.2m high - amazes me no-one has ever fallen over one when messing about with mates and died. Palms are sweaty just typing it

Heights is semi-rational though isn't it? Granted you're usually in control of the situation but nevertheless you can't knock a bloke for being scared of falling to his death.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2018 10:29]

Fears on 10:30 - Apr 23 with 6208 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Snakes. Even if they are behind glass they absolutely scare the s**t out of me. Once saw one in the flesh about 20 yards away. Usain Bolt wouldn’t have caught me.

Poll: Our final position

Fears on 10:36 - Apr 23 with 6189 viewsunbelievablue

Fears on 10:30 - Apr 23 by southnorfolkblue

Snakes. Even if they are behind glass they absolutely scare the s**t out of me. Once saw one in the flesh about 20 yards away. Usain Bolt wouldn’t have caught me.

I read that as 'snacks' originally, which made me laugh, which shot indescribable pain into my head. FFS.

Fears on 11:01 - Apr 23 with 6153 viewsWarkystache

Sharks. I haven't dared go in deeper than me knees off Walton-on-Naze since I was ten and first watched Jaws.

Lightning - can't stand it

Going to the toilet when someone else has just been in there - no, no, no.

Mushrooms - ugh

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Fears on 11:55 - Apr 23 with 6121 viewsGarv

Fears on 10:21 - Apr 23 by itfcjoe

I always do the tentative peer over the edge and imagine what it would be like to fall. I don't know why I do it.

Heights and dentist for me also.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

Fears on 11:58 - Apr 23 with 6113 viewsSuperfrans

Fears on 11:01 - Apr 23 by Warkystache

Sharks. I haven't dared go in deeper than me knees off Walton-on-Naze since I was ten and first watched Jaws.

Lightning - can't stand it

Going to the toilet when someone else has just been in there - no, no, no.

Mushrooms - ugh

To be fair to yourself, a fear of sharks is not particularly irrational. ;-)

Confined spaces, for me - the idea of pot-holing, or swimming underwater in the dark fills me with dread.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Fears on 11:58 - Apr 23 with 6114 viewsNorthstaNder

Flying.

Going to Australia next summer. Dreading the flight!
Fears on 12:03 - Apr 23 with 6106 viewshype313

Fears on 10:27 - Apr 23 by Guthrum

Claustrophobia. Gave me a full-blown panic attack when trying to have an MRI scan some weeks weeks ago. Had to take Valium for the second attempt.

Yep, I bowled into Hospital for a MRI a few years back thinking it was just another X -Ray, 20 minutes in that tube with that noise had me sweating from top to toe.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Fears on 12:04 - Apr 23 with 6103 viewsNazemariner

Baloons!

Little fu7kers lurking in the corner of the room waiting to pop.
Fears on 12:25 - Apr 23 with 6084 viewsBluebell

Fears on 12:04 - Apr 23 by Nazemariner

Baloons!

Little fu7kers lurking in the corner of the room waiting to pop.

Are you sure you don't mean these?

Fears on 12:29 - Apr 23 with 6079 viewsNewcyBlue

When i was a kid I hated loud noises. Balloons popping / thunder etc.

I hate the dentist.

Not massively keen on heights but still have to climb up the masts on board. It’s not the falling that hurts, it’s the suddenly stop.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Fears on 12:39 - Apr 23 with 6053 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Fears on 10:36 - Apr 23 by unbelievablue

I read that as 'snacks' originally, which made me laugh, which shot indescribable pain into my head. FFS.

No I love snacks as you would see if you saw the size of my gut...

Poll: Our final position

Fears on 12:41 - Apr 23 with 6047 viewsKieran_Knows

Flying. Used to be absolutely fine with it, now I dread it. No idea why I suddenly became like that, but hey ho!

Like yourself, probably not a fear, but I really do hate going to the dentist as well!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Fears on 12:45 - Apr 23 with 6040 viewsReuser_is_God

Birds.

The flying sort.

When I was in Australia a few years back we went to a wildlife park, it was absolutely horrendous.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Fears on 13:52 - Apr 23 with 5994 viewsflimflam

I am not scared of heights as such but more that I have an urge to jump!!!

Quite unnerving actually to the point I always request ground floor rooms when abroad.

Its quite a common thing too which surprised me and has a name - high-place phenomenon

Weird......

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Fears on 14:01 - Apr 23 with 5966 viewsfloridablue

Fears on 13:52 - Apr 23 by flimflam

Quite unnerving actually to the point I always request ground floor rooms when abroad.

Its quite a common thing too which surprised me and has a name - high-place phenomenon

Weird......

Exactly this for me and its certainly getting worse with age!
Fears on 14:21 - Apr 23 with 5928 viewsbluejake78

Fears on 12:41 - Apr 23 by Kieran_Knows

Flying. Used to be absolutely fine with it, now I dread it. No idea why I suddenly became like that, but hey ho!

Like yourself, probably not a fear, but I really do hate going to the dentist as well!

Flying for me.I've been to Kenya,Tunisia,USA,Greek islands.Spain many times and Portugal but won't fly again.I really don't know what caused it....holidays in the UK/France are the only future option for me.
Fears on 14:24 - Apr 23 with 5913 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I don’t like wasps.

I don’t like spiders.

I don’t like the feeling of cotton wall ripping.

I don’t like belly buttons.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Fears on 14:30 - Apr 23 with 5898 viewsJ2BLUE

Theme park rides. Especially water rides. When I was a kid at Pleasurewood Hills the water always looked so dirty. They had one ride, Aladdin's Cave which I hated. It was on a conveyor belt so there was no chance of going in the water but it had gaps in the 'boat' so the water looked like it was coming into the boat. It was also dark. It's a kid's ride now called Tales of the Coast IIRC. I probably wouldn't go on it if you paid me. The recent theme park ride safety failures haven't helped either.

Also have an irrational fear of piers (due to the water) and perfectly still swimming pools. They freak me out for some reason.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Fears on 14:30 - Apr 23 with 5898 viewsNewcyBlue

Fears on 13:52 - Apr 23 by flimflam

Weird......

When I look over the railings at the sea I sometimes get the urge to jump overboard. Quite often actually. It’s just so inviting.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Fears on 14:31 - Apr 23 with 5893 viewsjmar17

For some strange reason I absolutely hate coins and avoid them as much as possible. The smell of them just gets to me and makes me feel sick.
Fears on 14:39 - Apr 23 with 5875 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Fears on 14:31 - Apr 23 by jmar17

For some strange reason I absolutely hate coins and avoid them as much as possible. The smell of them just gets to me and makes me feel sick.

How very middle class ;)

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024